Space 220 reservation and dining watch app

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
What are the odds of getting a reservation for space 220 restaurant using a dining watch app? I am looking for 8 people and going on a holiday weekend. Have people had success getting a reservation? I realize that people change their plans and cancel but is it realistic to hope for? Only have 1 day at Epcot.

It's a super popular reservation and a larger party size as well as a holiday weekend compounds that. I'd definitely book a Plan B. But it's worth a try! I've generally had good luck with reservation finders, but you have to jump on the notification as soon as you get it. I'm not sure if they accommodate parties of eight at one table ... you might have to do two reservations (4&4 or 5&3 etc.)

We got Space for 7 - the table could fit 8 as it was a large round table and they have others- we had no issue using the MDE app but maybe we were lucky also a weekday further out in our trip. Good luck we found the service and food to worth the asking price the service and food presentation were far ahead of a regular TS. The food was also very good better then a regular TS but below a signature which is fitting being the price is in between.

I got a space 220 for 4 from touring plans about 3 weeks out! Their dining finder is amazing!!!

Is it better to try for the lounge or restaurant proper? Is there a difference in the experience between the two? Going last week in October and staying on site.

Not likely for 8. I got it to work for two on one of my last four (off peak) trips.

I have had Space 220 watched on two different dining watch sites for over a month. Not a single notification from either. We have the lounge reserved (our choice) but the time/date was not what I had hoped to book. The ADR I was able to get was actually earlier in the vacation than the one I was seeking. We still have a month. . .we'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes1

I couldn't get the Lounge and with 8 people I would have to split it up into a bunch of different reservations so even if I got 1 Lounge reservation that wouldn't mean I would get my entire party in, so there for the dinner watch. I am on 2 watch apps as well, hopefully I will get something otherwise it will be waiting for us on another trip.

I would use 2 accounts and split your party but book within few mins of each other. Since they can’t move tables and chairs you will most likely be close but not next to each other (lower expectation; hope to be pixie dusted).

We are a party of 5 (3 kids) and had 2 tables for 2 (I had planned on waiting outside but decided to just ask). They separated our teen and 3 year old 2 tables away despite allergies and the works. They did allow a 5th person (me) in to hold our 3 year old (no high chair at the lounge although I remember one when we went for dinner). There are very few tables for 4 and the app never allowed me to modify our table of 2 (it froze when I did find a table for 4 the night before and never modified).

Do not let go of your original ADR; you probably won’t get it back (happened with Topolinos when I tried giving up Space220 for Topolinos and the app wouldn’t go through despite showing availability 3 times). By the time I cancelled Space220 on another device, both ADRs were gone.

Modifying Space220 or replacing it with another ADR doesn’t work in the app.

What are the odds of getting a reservation for space 220 restaurant using a dining watch app? I am looking for 8 people and going on a holiday weekend. Have people had success getting a reservation? I realize that people change their plans and cancel but is it realistic to hope for? Only have 1 day at Epcot.
For 8 it might be hard. Not impossible if you’re lucky. Splitting the party into two groups of 4 might work better.

I recently had success with a dining watch app getting a table for four at Space 220 in the exact timeframe I wanted. The notification came about two weeks out from our trip, and I was lucky enough to jump on and snag the ADR. Over the years, I’ve found the closer I get to our trip, the more slots open up. Not for every restaurant, but I’ve been lucky enough to get most of my preferred ADRs using those apps.

What dining watch apps are you using?
I used the one on Touring Plans.

I’ve had about 90% success with it over several years. I’ve been unlucky in some cases because some restaurants just don’t see many cancellations (experiencing that with Storybook Dining this trip, just nothing for a party of 2) and sometimes I’m looking for ADRs for a larger party (over 4) which likely lowers my chances. A couple of times I got a notification for the hard-to-get ADR for several people, but didn’t make it to my laptop in time before the opening was snapped up by someone else.

But I’ve also gotten close to what I’ve wanted most of the time. Including a table for 4 at Space 220 next week during a busy time of day. I was so happy I didn’t even care that I was woken up by a notification text on a Sunday at 7 am lol.

I used the one on Touring Plans.

I’ve had about 90% success with it over several years. I’ve been unlucky in some cases because some restaurants just don’t see many cancellations (experiencing that with Storybook Dining this trip, just nothing for a party of 2) and sometimes I’m looking for ADRs for a larger party (over 4) which likely lowers my chances. A couple of times I got a notification for the hard-to-get ADR for several people, but didn’t make it to my laptop in time before the opening was snapped up by someone else.

But I’ve also gotten close to what I’ve wanted most of the time. Including a table for 4 at Space 220 next week during a busy time of day. I was so happy I didn’t even care that I was woken up by a notification text on a Sunday at 7 am lol.
Thank you!!

Actually I am on 2 watch apps (touring plans and ************ - granted I paid for mouswatcher). Originally I was looking for late afternoon at Be Our Guest and am still looking for Space 220. I was able to get Be our Guest at the 60+ day mark but not really the time I wanted, so that is why I did the watch. ************ was able to get the Be our Guest notification to me and I as I was booking the later time, I received the notification from Touring Plans.

If you’re ok with Space220 lunch, then they do allow for walk ups if seating is available. We went Jan 2nd and they asked if we wanted to change our lounge ADRs (2 for 2 people) to lunch for 5 instead. They said the wait for lunch was about an hour for walk up folks (line right at opening was 20 people+) and within an hour of opening it was Dinner waitlist only. With our lounge ADR they could seat us right away at a lunch table for 5.

also try looking same day reservations since cancellations are 2 hours

ADR for 2:

11610EE7-5A51-448A-8D15-268651285D04.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter