Space 220 Lounge/Walk-Up Stories

Agree. Woman said inside was empty and her opinion was it’s a failure. I disagree, but have to wonder why they aren’t opening more reservations if this is ongoing. Or is it a kitchen/staff capacity problem? They have to decide day to day??
I keep wondering if the reservation system is whacko. There has not been hardly any reservations then today there were several. Then back to hardly none an hour later.

Which is odd since no reservations seem to be available online.
It’s not so odd. They’re filling available spots by asking people in the lounge standby line if they would like a reservation for the restaurant instead of releasing those reservations online.

Which is odd since no reservations seem to be available online.

Agreed! I have been checking daily for the last 3 weeks and NOTHING.

It’s not so odd. They’re filling available spots by asking people in the lounge standby line if they would like a reservation for the restaurant instead of releasing those reservations online.

However, Disney seems so big on having a reservation for EVERYTHING. Theme Park Reservation, attractions, ADR's.....

Last edited:

However, Disney seems so big on having a reservation for EVERYTHING. Theme Park Reservation, attractions, ADR's.....
Maybe Disney has decided to favor the people who are in Epcot that day instead of going with so many advance reservations; just the way Genie+ is replacing FP+ reservations made months in advance. I hope this isn't the case. The last thing I need is to try to figure out last minute whether we'll be able to get into the restaurants we want at the times we want to schedule.

We were in Epcot on October 25 and entered the standby line for the lounge at around 2:30. We waited about 45 minutes, which is the estimate we were given for a party of two. They take you up and seat you, so there's no hovering around for tables like at other lounges.

They have some good wines by the glass and we split the short rib sliders, which came with a side of fries - plenty for the two of us for lunch. The space theme was limited to the elevator ride "up," a spinning lettuce display a la The Land, and the windows (astronauts and ships floating by). It was cute and I'm glad we saw it, but there was nothing there that I felt warranted a return visit - certainly not worth getting the prix fixe meals necessary for a reservation.

I have been checking for one for 3 weeks too.

I was able to get a reservation at Space 220 using an alert yesterday. Set the alerts if you want a reservation. With 2 kids, I didn't want to bother with the uncertainty of the standby option because my 10 year old really wants to experience the restaurant and I didn't want to disappoint her.

I was able to get a reservation at Space 220 using an alert yesterday. Set the alerts if you want a reservation. With 2 kids, I didn't want to bother with the uncertainty of the standby option because my 10 year old really wants to experience the restaurant and I didn't want to disappoint her.

I have alerts set up and my dining window isn't even open yet. People here are really selling me on the lounge though, seems like it could be less stressful over all to go that route.

I would do the same if we were with kids. I hope she isn't disappointed, though, because there really isn't much in the way of space theming apart from the elevator ride. Even the windows had very little to see. It did look like they had some fun drinks and cups for the kids and one of the desserts was reminiscent of Saturn with the rings. If I were going only with adults, I would definitely go the lounge route.

I was admitted to the lounge at noon and it was already full, so it didn't open at 12:30, at least not then. I got the impression the lounge and restaurant opened at the same time.

Does anyone know if Space 200 is open during EPCOT extended evening hours (for 2 hours after normal park closing) for guests staying at Deluxe Resorts?

I wasn't able to get an ADR for our trip 2 weeks ago. Kept checking, even had 2 reservation finders going for different days and nothing. We stopped mid afternoon and the lounge wait was longer than we wanted to wait. Surprised to read reports of availability of tables when there are no ADRs available.

I wasn't able to get an ADR for our trip 2 weeks ago. Kept checking, even had 2 reservation finders going for different days and nothing. We stopped mid afternoon and the lounge wait was longer than we wanted to wait. Surprised to read reports of availability of tables when there are no ADRs available.
There’s a labor shortage. They probably don’t have enough staff to accommodate a full restaurant.

I have a reservation for 12-31 at 5:10. When we arrive for our reservation, can we request the lounge if available?

Does anyone know if Space 200 is open during EPCOT extended evening hours (for 2 hours after normal park closing) for guests staying at Deluxe Resorts?

Nope! Very little in the way of "real" food is available during the two hour extended evening. I believe that the Rose & Crown Pub is open, the Regal Eagle Bar, and the popcorn carts at Canada. If you want anything resembling a "meal" you can try Hacienda San Angel which has a window open for food orders. Don't know that anything in the front of the park is open.

The wife and I just returned from our trip. We got on line for the lounge at about 3 and were told it could be a 90 minute wait. We were fine with waiting that long. There were 5 or so parties in front of us. Apparently when they change the restaurant over from lunch to dinner, they try to empty out the restaurant completely before letting in anyone else (as per the CM who checked people in for the lounge and ADRs). We were sitting in the lounge by 3:45 and the parties that were behind us were all sat shortly after us. They asked everyone on the lounge line if everyone in the party was over 21 so they may not be letting any kids into the area, but I am not 100% sure since none of the parties in front or behind us had kids.

It was a fine experience. Nothing too special but we are glad we did it. Not something we'd go out of our way for or stress about an ADR in the future unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter