Space 220 Day or Night

MagicalAdventures

Mouseketeer
Does the view on the large 'windows' inside the restaurant change from daytime to nighttime depending on when you have your reservation? All of the pictures i've seen seem to show it as nightsky view so just wondered.

Also are there any other differences in the experience that mean we should choose one time over the other (cost and menu excluded)?

Last edited:
I've eaten both lunch and dinner there and have never noticed a difference. The only difference, IMHO, is the view is better from the lounge area (if you are in the pre-fixe dining area, you run the risk of being seated right next to a window with basically no view). I would highly recommend trying for a lounge reservation instead of pre-fixe.

Yes, both the view in the elevator and from the restaurant changes depending on time of day. I've even heard they even have a version of the elevator view where it's raining. This review has pictures and videos that show both experiences. They even captured a picture at sunset where you see half the earth still in daylight and half in darkness. Day view you see the blues and greens and at night you see the lights. I don't think there are any other differences in the experience.

I've eaten both lunch and dinner there and have never noticed a difference. The only difference, IMHO, is the view is better from the lounge area (if you are in the pre-fixe dining area, you run the risk of being seated right next to a window with basically no view). I would highly recommend trying for a lounge reservation instead of pre-fixe.
Thanks that's really hepful i'll look for a lounge booking

Yes, both the view in the elevator and from the restaurant changes depending on time of day. I've even heard they even have a version of the elevator view where it's raining. This review has pictures and videos that show both experiences. They even captured a picture at sunset where you see half the earth still in daylight and half in darkness. Day view you see the blues and greens and at night you see the lights. I don't think there are any other differences in the experience.
Thank you. That's great, i'll have a look at the review.

Do they take walk ups for the lounge anymore?

Do they take walk ups for the lounge anymore?

Stand by for the Lounge is bar seating only, no under 21’s. The line starts forming as soon as the checkin desk opens so around 10:30 AM. Reports of waits that are well over an hour have been reported.

We did a walk up for bar seating just over a week ago. When we first arrived there was another couple in the line so they advised that it could be 45 mins to an hour wait, and that it is a physical line only so you have to wait in that area. We did a ride and came back and no one appeared to be waiting so we asked to join the waitlist. It took about 5 minutes until we went to the bar.

From hearing what was said to other people, they always advised at least 45 mins if someone else is waiting for the bar. They did offer to make restaurant bookings for people later in the day. They didn't have any availability for stand by lounge bookings, and for those who just wanted to look they said it was too busy but they could come back closer to closing and try again.

Stand by for the Lounge is bar seating only, no under 21’s. The line starts forming as soon as the checkin desk opens so around 10:30 AM. Reports of waits that are well over an hour have been reported.
Does the view on the large 'windows' inside the restaurant change from daytime to nighttime depending on when you have your reservation? All of the pictures i've seen seem to show it as nightsky view so just wondered.

Also are there any other differences in the experience that mean we should choose one time over the other (cost and menu excluded)?
If you are there when the sun actually sets outside, you’ll see the colors of the sun actually set in the restaurant. We’ve experienced it twice just by coincidence. Very pretty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter