Space 220 ADR Open.. and Gone.

I got a notice at 5:50am EDT that reservations were available. I didn't wake up till 6:30am EDT (3:30am PDT) and they were all gone for me by then. Didn't try too hard and just went back to sleep. I'm sure all the vloggers/bloggers took every spot they could. That was like a gold rush they way they disappeared.

I got a notice at 5:50am EDT that reservations were available. I didn't wake up till 6:30am EDT (3:30am PDT) and they were all gone for me by then. Didn't try too hard and just went back to sleep. I'm sure all the vloggers/bloggers took every spot they could. That was like a gold rush they way they disappeared.

For real though.. I'm sure close to 100% of those ADRs went to Orlando locals. I wish there was a way for them to give some sort of additional deference in these situations to those coming in from out of town with resort reservations.

What service did you use to get the notice that the ADRs dropped?.. or was it just a vlog/blog/twitter notification on your phone?

For real though.. I'm sure close to 100% of those ADRs went to Orlando locals. I wish there was a way for them to give some sort of additional deference in these situations to those coming in from out of town with resort reservations.

What service did you use to get the notice that the ADRs dropped?.. or was it just a vlog/blog/twitter notification on your phone?

I like using ***********.com for my ADR notifications.

I'm sure close to 100% of those ADRs went to Orlando locals. I wish there was a way for them to give some sort of additional deference in these situations to those coming in from out of town with resort reservations.
FWIW - we’re coming from 2000 miles away and have been waiting since before Covid for this restaurant. I just stalk message boards obsessively when we are trip planning. Especially this year since so much has changed.

FWIW - we’re coming from 2000 miles away and have been waiting since before Covid for this restaurant. I just stalk message boards obsessively when we are trip planning. Especially this year since so much has changed.
When you arrive?

I’ve seen a few mentions on Twitter of people trying to rope drop for a walk up spot. Does anyone know if that’s something they’ll actually do everyday or was it just an opening day thing? Since I’m local I never had hotel stays so ever since covid it’s been impossible for us to eat at any of our favorites. I really don’t want to have to wait years to try this.

I signed in at 5am (7am eastern time) and there were none available any days. The website states you have to have a reservation for the specific park that day too (or maybe I misunderstood it) so I switched all our days to Epcot. I still didn’t have any luck. I’m hoping something is broken and we can get something later.

You don't need a park reservation - we have a Space 220 lunch ADR for a Studios Day but it is an easy hop to Epcot from that park.

You don't need a park reservation - we have a Space 220 lunch ADR for a Studios Day but it is an easy hop to Epcot from that park.
You might want to double check this. My understanding is….You don’t need a park reservation to make an ADR. If you have an ADR in Epcot but your park reservation is at hollywood, you need A) an AP or hopper and B) cannot hop to EPCOT until after 2pm.

I think PFopma is saying Park Hopper ticket with the "easy hop" part of his comment.

You do realize that if you have a park reservation for HS, but your lunch reservation for Space is at "lunch" even with park hopper tickets you cant get into Epcot until after 2pm...right?

So, I missed out on getting Space 220. This might be kinda random, BUT... is there a way to purchase reservations? Anyplace actually sell them? I know you can purchase DVC points, is there a system for purchasing hard to get reservations?

So, I missed out on getting Space 220. This might be kinda random, BUT... is there a way to purchase reservations? Anyplace actually sell them? I know you can purchase DVC points, is there a system for purchasing hard to get reservations?
No, but there are a few website out there where you can sign up for some free (and paid) dining reservation finders - if you google "Disney dining reservation finder" a few companies will show up.

They've all worked for me!

Quoting @buffy71 “It was insane. ADRs are suppose to open at 7AM, they opened them around 5AM according to others accounts. I told my mom to check at 7AM for a reservations for her upcoming bday trip - all gone.”

Sorry you missed them. But ADRs go live at 7am by phone. It has been 6 am online for as long as I can remember, I think since booking ADRs went online. It did go to 5:45 earlier this summer. And last week, it was about 5:30 for Steakhouse 71. Which is why so many people were checking before 6 this morning.
It wouldn't be first time I messed up times - between FPs, DVC reservations and ADRs, each has a different time (6, 7, 8...) I admit, it has been a long time since I rushed to make ADRs.

Correct but not until after 2pm. I would hate for anyone reading this thread to think they can hop to Epcot for a 1230pm lunch at S220.
Yes - Our Space 220 lunch was at 2:10. We would have to be at International Gateway before 2 and then walk quickly to make out ADR. Another reason I cancelled it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter