Space 2020 Lounge.... Is Walk up an option?

TSWJan78

NE DIva
Has anyone had luck with walk up at Space 2020? I would love to check it out but since this is last minute reservations are not an option.

The lounge isn't a bad option either but you don't get the full experience and if you have kids that's not really an option.

Standby for the lounge opens early and waits can be very long…. people routinely report 90 minutes of longer. Seating is at the bar… tables are reserved for people with reservations. While children are welcome to sit at tables in the lounge, they cannot sit at the bar so if you have littles traveling with you, standby by is not an option.

Openings in the lounge may not come up often, but people do cancel… don’t stop checking to see if something opens up!

The lounge isn't a bad option either but you don't get the full experience and if you have kids that's not really an option.

How do you not get the full experience in the lounge? The lounge seating is above the dining room seating, has a more flexible menu and a better view - kids are also welcome in the lounge.

How do you not get the full experience in the lounge? The lounge seating is above the dining room seating, has a more flexible menu and a better view - kids are also welcome in the lounge.
Children can sit at tables in the lounge. However, they are not allowed to sit at the bar. The problem with doing standby at the lounge is that it is bar seating. If you have children in your party, you need a regular reservation so you will get seating at a table.

Keep checking for availability and set up a free touring plans reservation finder alert. The night before and the morning of the day you want to go will probably be your best chance to grab one. I know I made a "just in case" reservation for the lounge on my ADR day.

When you put your name on the standby list, do you have to wait around there or will they text you if you get a spot in the lounge/bar?

I've been successful with walk up availability for both the lounge & restaurant. When we went in March I was waiting, to drop off something for a CM with guests, who wanted to be added to the walk up list. The CM refused to add anyone to a list and said that the procedure had changed. There were a lot of upset guests. I didn't stick around to find out what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter