• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Souvenirs that you actually use at home

Pretty much daily, DH or I use our:
Potholders
Mickey and Minnie mugs
Clean/dirty dishwasher magnet

DS sleeps with his stuffed Mickey, Pluto, or Pooh most nights
He also frequently wears his classic Mickey t-shirts

And our Trader Sam's Nautilus, Hippopotamaitai, and Rum flight souvenir glasses decorate our shelves. :-)

We have mugs, refillable mugs, spoon rest, mickey pillow for couch, minnie snuggie, and every I get myself a new pair of pj's or lounge pants. All get regular use in our home.

A few things I use regularly. One is a toothpick holder (looks like a shot glass) and the other is my dishwasher "clean" "dirty" suction dial thing that lets people know if the dishwasher has clean or dirty dishes in it. Oh and I have a sleep shirt and coffee mug that I use about once a week.

Oops - I forgot the Pandora jewelry. My daughter has been getting that for a few years and wears it every day.

So all I should buy is jewelry and cat supplies. I will try to remember that when I am there in 2 weeks.

we use our refillable mugs or my starbucks you are here park mugs everyday for coffee. i bought a nightmare before christmas deadly nightshade jar and use it to hold the sugar cubes for my coffee. my daughter i both use stuffed eeyore's as neck pillows at night because the shape is just right.

I'm a huge fan of drink ware. I've got a couple of mugs and some glasses from Disneyland that have mine and my DH's names on them. I'd love to have a glass from every park to remind myself of my favorite places!

Another item that turned out to be amazing was the Mickey waffle dog toy! We have a golden retriever puppy named Waffles so I bought it as a little bit of a joke but it ended up being his favorite toy (until he destroyed it, which was inevitable. Even then it lasted much longer than his other toys so it's pretty durable). I plan on getting him a replacement when we go back this year.

Also agree with any type of glassware. I usually buy a shot glass or two everytrip I take. I don't use them often, but they're great to display and small enough to taken home.

My parents have glass Mickey coffee mugs with our names engraved on the back. Can't tell you when we got them, but I'm guessing the late 1970s or 80s. Began with 6, my grandparents, parent, brother and mine. My grandparents pasted away 20+ years ago, but we still have theirs in a cubard somewhere. We added a Minnie one to our collection about 15 years ago for my sister-in-law. Added 2 for my nieces on their first trip they took to WDW in 2011.

We always buy a Christmas ornament, or two! It's an annual thing, and we buy them for gifts too. Our favorite thing to collect is a piece of crystal from Arribas Brothers on Main St. in the MK. We started doing this in l983 and always look for something we love to add to our collection. We now have one of a kind pieces that aren't in circulation any more. We didn't buy them for that, but because we loved them. Our last one was an eayore which reflects many colors and is beautiful. Other than that it's t shirts, mugs, ankle bracelets. There's always something great to buy. Wish we could afford a painting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter