• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Souvenirs for toddlers

disney144

Mouseketeer
What souvenirs have you bought for your toddlers that have been the biggest hit? And approximately how much were they?

We’re taking our 2 year old and would like to get a few small things to remember the trip. She doesn’t understand money/buying yet, so we won’t be setting a budget for her, just picking out things we want to get her.

Our son (2 yo) loved getting a balloon. He also loved getting a basketball. I think those are the only ones he’s absolutely loved but we also don’t buy very many souvenirs.

We bought a baby Simba wrapped in a blanket. Was a cuddly and has lasted years. In August, they were still selling them for $29.99

What souvenirs have you bought for your toddlers that have been the biggest hit? And approximately how much were they?

We’re taking our 2 year old and would like to get a few small things to remember the trip. She doesn’t understand money/buying yet, so we won’t be setting a budget for her, just picking out things we want to get her.
the biggest souvenir I can think of is what my daughter did for young grandson was to take lots of pictures of him doing rides, seeing characters and other things. she then made him a photo book. fast forward about 7 years when we started planning another trip he was can I do this or that again. no he did not remember trip as he was only a few months old at the first trip but he sure knew what he had done from his book. also what she in to Mickey, Minnie, or the Princesses? that will give you some idea of what to look at.

The then-$17 plush Mickey that he still sleeps with nearly every night 5 years later. He also still gets a kick out of the music-playing Doom Buggy we got for $20 or so when he was 3.

We bought him a Donald plush that he loves. He also loved Minnie (she was from Kohls though). He was enchanted with the ride car vehicle toys, as well.

Let her pick out something for herself. When DD was 2 on her first trip we took her in the store at MK our first day and told her she could pick out one thing to have. Hilariously she spotted a back scratcher that had Donald sitting on Goofy's Shoulders and Mickey sitting on Donald's shoulders, and we could not convince her to want anything else (no doll, stuffed animal etc). She had to have that back scratcher- she loved it. She rode in her stroller carrying that thing up in the air like it was a flag all day- multiple days I think. She is a teen now, and we still have it and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

I would also buy some type of collectible for a keepsake to have around as a memory of the first trip-- maybe a frame so you can frame one of your pictures, or an ornament for your christmas tree, or some little collectible to set in your home somewhere.

Let her pick out something for herself. When DD was 2 on her first trip we took her in the store at MK our first day and told her she could pick out one thing to have. Hilariously she spotted a back scratcher that had Donald sitting on Goofy's Shoulders and Mickey sitting on Donald's shoulders, and we could not convince her to want anything else (no doll, stuffed animal etc). She had to have that back scratcher- she loved it. She rode in her stroller carrying that thing up in the air like it was a flag all day- multiple days I think. She is a teen now, and we still have it and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

I would also buy some type of collectible for a keepsake to have around as a memory of the first trip-- maybe a frame so you can frame one of your pictures, or an ornament for your christmas tree, or some little collectible to set in your home somewhere.
Love this idea. Not sure if she’ll get it, but worth a try

The one souvenir that has lasted is the bongo at Animal Kingdom and YDS still has it in his room. We bought it when he was around 2 and a half and he is now 14.

My toddlers always wanted a Mickey ballon and a small plush of their choice. The small ones work better for the stroller/car seat. I second getting pictures developed and making a photo album. My kids have loved looking at them over the years. Also save some money and buy some light up toys before you go. Disney wants an awful price for these and you can buy something similar for a fraction of the price before leaving. I tried to stay away from toy sets with lots of pieces. I did get a bucket of aliens from toy story one year though that my 4yo loved but that was a rarity. My 3-4yo toddlers liked hats/ears. The plushes were always the most loved souvenir we ever got. They never needed/wanted much

DD wanted a Bruce the shark plush that talked on our last trip and still loves that thing. We were surprised but let her choose what she wanted and when she insisted that was it we said ok. That and one of the Tatooine Trader kids build-a-lightsabers, she wanted something that lit up and we didn't want it to be something that would easily break or get thrown away.

Just the opinion of one family, but we try to avoid the balloons. They are classic and I know she would enjoy it, but that's not something we can really bring back on a plane and not having it is easier than the heartbreak of leaving it behind or it suddenly popping the morning that we are due to check out totally by coincidence. That might be a different story if we drove but as it is...

We took my girls (3 and 1) in February and they each really loved getting one of the princess polishes. That is usually what we get them when we go. My 3yo had a previous princess plush

We are locals and usually let our son pick out one thing (within a reasonable price) on every visit. Needless to say, we have a lot of souvenirs from the parks. :P He loves any vehicle toys, and he's picked out 3 different figurine sets (Toy Story, Nemo, and Spider-Man comics). He often tries to pick out toys he already has. :D

We went over the summer with our 2 year old and he ended up with a balloon $15, an alien swirling saucers ride vehicle $10, and a Lightning McQueen plush $30.

Our most used souvenir has always been a bucket of bath toys.

We have bought them for each of our kids when they were about 2-4 years old.

The come in a plastic container with about 5-6 plastics figures. They are a decent size too. You can usually find a few different character groups. We have had princess sets, the fab 5, Disney Jr characters and we just got a toy story set last week.
They have improved over the years. The bucket now has a spout and holes in the top for easy drainage. Figures themselves no longer have a hole in the bottom, so no need to worry about mold inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter