Souvenirs delivered to resort

jenr812

What happened to the tag fairy?
I read a blog post from someone staying at AKL that said their souvenirs were delivered to their resort ROOM. Our family usually stays at POR, and we are quite familiar with souvenir/merchandise delivery to the resort's general store. We have never stayed deluxe before and are soon purchasing DVC at AKV. Can someone please clarify - are souvenir packages from the theme parks and Disney Springs delivered to the deluxe resort store or directly to the room? Thank you!

Forgive me if this info is available elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything in search.

It used to be that all souvenir delivery was to resort rooms. Then, it switched to delivery to the resort store, but if you were staying club level, deliveries were still to the room. As of my last two trips (1/18 and 4/18), it appears that all deliveries (even for club level guests) go to the resort store. (I don't know the official policy, but this is what I have experienced.)

I remember the days when it was delivered to your room but I think they switched out to delivery to the stores to ensure that people signed off that they had received their packages. I suspect that there were some people who said that they never received packages that they did (either deliberately or because they lost track) or they were delivered to the wrong place and never recovered so it was decided that acknowledgement of receipt was necessary. Since you can't guarantee someone is in the room when the package arrives, you have to pick them up. And you have to remember to do that since there's no reminder as far as I can recall. I imagine in club level, the hosts may be able to sign for them and make sure that you get them but I'd personally not want to be responsible for the package if I was working there. Never stayed club level so I can't say what does or doesn't actually happen. I always take my receipts out at the end of the day and put them in a specific place then put them into the bag when I pick up. That way it's a visible reminder to me to pick up my packages.

We've always had our packages delivered in room when staying CL. Never had to sign off anything.

Is there a fee for that service?

When you purchase something, just tell them you'd like it delivered to your resort. They'll have you fill out paperwork with the resort and room number info (and I think your home address) and you'll get a copy of it. It doesn't get to your resort until the next day often not until later in the day so they won't allow you to do it if the next day is your departure day. Then you go down to the shop in your resort and show them your receipt. They'll have you sign in a book.

On your last day prior to departure, if you don't want to haul around items, you can also have them ship to the front entrance of the park. I've never done that so I don't know how long you have to give them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter