Southwest prices are crazy!

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
Goodness, it's looking like our March trip may cost us $700+ pp just for flights. There are 6 of us, so that's a chunk! Is there any way they'll go down before then? We may as well do Hawaii!

Goodness, it's looking like our March trip may cost us $700+ pp just for flights. There are 6 of us, so that's a chunk! Is there any way they'll go down before then? We may as well do Hawaii!
March of this year? Kind of late for the bargain fares with March just 5 weeks away. But with Spring Break, probably a peak time anyway.

March of this year? Kind of late for the bargain fares with March just 5 weeks away. But with Spring Break, probably a peak time anyway.
We've always booked around this time for Spring Break, and I've never paid this much. Unfortunately, due to my husband's job, we do a lot of last-minute vacations.

We've always booked around this time for Spring Break, and I've never paid this much. Unfortunately, due to my husband's job, we do a lot of last-minute vacations.
Yeah, i was bothering my boss to approve my March vacation to Phoenix for Spring training. Didn't help that my wife got her time off approved back in September. Southwest air fares going $39, coming home $250 a person. My wife laughed, total cost per person went up $1 over last year round trip!

Yeah, i was bothering my boss to approve my March vacation to Phoenix for Spring training. Didn't help that my wife got her time off approved back in September. Southwest air fares going $39, coming home $250 a person. My wife laughed, total cost per person went up $1 over last year round trip!
One of these days I'm going to snag one of those $39 flights! I've seen them, but never to where I'm going! Springtime in Phoenix sounds nice!

Oh WOW. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I booked our SW flights from MCO to CA for the first week of April. Much better flight times than last year and the prices were much better, wish Southwest had red eye flights to MCO from any of our airports.

We are looking for the end of April and prices are crazy. Almost $500 a person and we are looking a week after Easter and into May. This is the most we will have ever paid to get to Orlando.

Are you flying on weekends? I recently booked DH PIT-MCO on a Thursday in March for $154 and home from Tampa on a Monday for $121.

I just booked my airfare from LAX to MCO for early March today. But I am flying Delta so I can get a direct flight. It finally came down a bit this week (about $90 round trip less), but is still more than I was really happy with. It is definitely more than I paid last year and that includes paying for one of the upgraded extra room seats (Comfort on Delta in September and Main Class Extra on Virgin America in March) for my trips last year. This year I am doing regular main cabin economy and not too thrilled about it. And that was playing around coming in 1-2 days before my reservation (settled for night before my reservation), so any savings being eaten up with a hotel another night.

Lately I've been finding that Delta has better flight times and prices for us. I got their credit card which gives me (and up to three other people traveling with me) a free checked bag. DH got a card too, so if we have more people I just split the reservations up.

I'm with you! I have been looking at flights for over six months for our spring break trip. Weird thing, is that I've seen decent prices for EVERY other day in March/April but the dates we have to fly! As it is, we are staying an extra day because it's cheaper than flying out the day we want to!

I feel your pain. Flights from my local airport usually are around $200-$300 in January & February and after checking several times daily for over a month, I ended up paying 3 times that.

By the way, if ever you're checking flights on Priceline or Expedia and they tell you there are only X number "of seats left at this price", they mean it. I figured it was a pressure sales tactic, but nope, those prices never appeared again.

My family has stopped flying SWA in the past year. We can fly on American for less even with the baggage fees. SWA has also cut way back on non-stop flights from our airport to three a day. American offers twice as many non-stops to Orlando. I really like SWA's personnel better than American's but the bottom line is that it is less than a 2 hour flight and it's almost $100/pp cheaper on AA.

SW for us has taken away many non stops and some have 1 a day, but not even all year. We too are flying other carriers now.. been with them for years, cardholders as well...
Disappointing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter