Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overall confusion about these "ticket reseller" threads is that many are losing sight of the fact that:

Southwest Travel does not sell "Southwest Travel tickets to Disney World." They sell actual Disney World tickets.
Parksavers does not sell "Parksavers tickets to Disney World." They sell actual Disney World tickets.
Undercover Tourist does not sell "Undercover Tourist tickets to Disney World." They sell actual Disney World tickets.
And so forth.

So, whatever rules govern Disney World tickets, also govern the tickets that the resellers offer.

Disney sells the resellers actual Disney World tickets (or the "credentials" of those tickets, anyway) and the resellers
can decide how much they can charge for those tickets and still make a profit for themselves.

Same tickets. Different prices.

1. Has any part of this ticket ever been used?
2. Yes, from MDE.
3. Not for the purposes of upgrading a single ticket. You cannot combine more than one ticket for an individual upgrade.
One upgrade... one ticket.
4. You CAN buy an AP "certificate" at the parks or TTC or at DS/DTD.
You must ASK for it, and say that you intend to activate it at some time in the future.
If you don't, you will be buying an activated AP.

thank you so much for your response.

So I've purchased one of the 6 day park hopper tickets from Southwest Vacations....linked to MDE....no problem. My question is this...I also want to purchase an AP for future use to take advantage of the 13 month for 12 month price deal. Would it be in my best interest to also make a "Ticket Saver" user on my MDE to link my AP Certification number to in the meantime until I'm ready to activate it? I'm using my 6 day ticket in January and I don't want to link my AP to the same MDE person for fear it would activate my AP rather than use the 6 day ticket.

So I've purchased one of the 6 day park hopper tickets from Southwest Vacations....linked to MDE....no problem. My question is this...I also want to purchase an AP for future use to take advantage of the 13 month for 12 month price deal. Would it be in my best interest to also make a "Ticket Saver" user on my MDE to link my AP Certification number to in the meantime until I'm ready to activate it? I'm using my 6 day ticket in January and I don't want to link my AP to the same MDE person for fear it would activate my AP rather than use the 6 day ticket.
You can do that for peace of mind. APs can only be activated at a Ticket Window or Guest Relations but having a TicketSaver profile is always a good idea. :)

Okay, so I just want to confirm that I am doing this correctly. I hope you guys aren't getting tired of the same type of questions. :) My family is planning on going next July-August. Since magic your way tickets do not expire, it would not be a problem, even though Southwest says travel through April. Through Southwest, 4 adult 6 day park hopper tickets would run us $368.00 each for a total of $1472.00 and there is no additional tax. Through the Disney World website, 4 adult 6 day park hopper tickets would run us $1696.00 plus $110.24 tax for a total of $1806.24. That is a savings of $334.24! Is that correct?! Also, we could then add two park hopper days to the tickets when we arrive next summer for the difference between $449 and $424 ($25.00) plus the tax on that difference? I realize that the pricing might be slightly more next year for the difference on the 2 days if the prices increase Is this all correct? My head is spinning, and I want to make sure that I give my DS, DDIL, and DD the correct information about these tickets.

Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to look at my post!

Wow thanks! That's awesome. Honestly, my worst fear is not being able to use the tickets for our July/August vacation, but you guys have put my mind at ease about that! Now I just have to figure out child ticket. the pricing for the one:)

Just remember if you add the days when you get there, you will not be able to make advance FP+ choices (for those extra days) until you have purchased the extra days.

Last edited:
Sorry to all those experienced visitors who know this already .... but for this trip I plan to purchase the Southwest Vacations park tickets... link them to our MDE account. The kids want Magic Bands, DH does not. Do I still just visit Guest Services to get an RFID plastic ticket for DH with my Southwest Vacations Confirmation?

Are you staying at a Disney resort?

If you are, everyone gets Magic Bands automatically. You can go to the front desk and ask if they can give your husband a card. (I've never had to do this so I"m not sure if it's possible)

If you are not, you can just buy Magic Bands for the people in your group that want them.

Sorry to all those experienced visitors who know this already .... but for this trip I plan to purchase the Southwest Vacations park tickets... link them to our MDE account. The kids want Magic Bands, DH does not. Do I still just visit Guest Services to get an RFID plastic ticket for DH with my Southwest Vacations Confirmation?
If your husband will not have a MagicBand at all, you must pick up the plastic ticket at a Ticket Window or Guest Relations. It's the only way he can enter the park and FP lines.

Yes, GS should be able to give you a plastic ticket(s) with your confirmation info.

Merging to the SWA ticket thread.

Just remember if you add the days when you get there, you will not be able to make advance FP+ choices (for those extra days) until you have purchased the extra days.

So, I do have one more question. My DS and DDIL are going to FL in April. Would they be able to go to Disney Springs to their Guest Services window, and pick up all of our tickets, and purchase the two extra days at that time? That way we would be able to add the two days to MDE and then book FP+ for those days then, correct? Just didn't know if they would let them get all of our tickets. I know we don't need the hard tickets for MDE, but they would need them to add the days, right? Thanks again to you guys for all of the help!

I currently only have a room at the Polynesian booked, but any public discounts are not available for Sept 2017 yet. Right now, we are only planning for the single trip - so we just want enough tickets to cover this trip.

As far as I can tell, these tickets would be great for a Room Only discount. Especially since they can be extended by a few days rather than a separate ticket purchase at higher per day rates.

Unless I am missing something, it seems the Free dining requirement to purchase a package with tickets (minimum of 2 days?) would make it more expensive than buying tickets directly with Disney:
Southwest 6 days - $348
Disney 2 days - $273.71
8 day total - $641.71

Disney 8 days - $478.19

Is that correct, or is there another way that I am not seeing? Just want to make sure I am on the lookout for the right type of discount!

Hey Everyone - thank you for the quick answers! We are staying off site. The girls want MB but I know DH will not wear it. We will go to GS and get the plastic tickets as needed (used the plastic cards last trip, worked fine, but the girls want the cute bracelet this trip). Thanks again!

I currently only have a room at the Polynesian booked, but any public discounts are not available for Sept 2017 yet. Right now, we are only planning for the single trip - so we just want enough tickets to cover this trip.

As far as I can tell, these tickets would be great for a Room Only discount. Especially since they can be extended by a few days rather than a separate ticket purchase at higher per day rates.

Unless I am missing something, it seems the Free dining requirement to purchase a package with tickets (minimum of 2 days?) would make it more expensive than buying tickets directly with Disney:
Southwest 6 days - $348
Disney 2 days - $273.71
8 day total - $641.71

Disney 8 days - $478.19

Is that correct, or is there another way that I am not seeing? Just want to make sure I am on the lookout for the right type of discount!
You can always save the 2-day tickets for another trip if you need the free dining package. With free dining, you do pay regular room rates.

Adding two days to the SWA tickets will only be $20-30 more per ticket,.

Hey Everyone - thank you for the quick answers! We are staying off site. The girls want MB but I know DH will not wear it. We will go to GS and get the plastic tickets as needed (used the plastic cards last trip, worked fine, but the girls want the cute bracelet this trip). Thanks again!
If your husband has a plastic card linked to him in your MDE account (check the MagicBands and Cards area of MDE), you don't need to pick up another hard ticket. The old ticket provides the link to whatever is in his profile/line.

Yes. All your questions are answered in this thread. Your MVMCP ticket will give you the 7th day.

Move your original ticket 29 days before your trip and all your FPs will be fine.

I decided to instead move my SW airlines flight earlier in the day so rather than arriving at 5pm we'll be arriving at 10am and just use my extra ticket day. I moved my MVMCP ticket back to my primary profile (i had it on a phantom so i could make a second set of FP+ for MVMCP night) and there was about a 5 minute lag but I was able to add another day of FP+ to my plans. I scored Space Mountain, 7DMT and Peter Pan at ideal times! So I guess this is a better solution for me lol

So, I do have one more question. My DS and DDIL are going to FL in April. Would they be able to go to Disney Springs to their Guest Services window, and pick up all of our tickets, and purchase the two extra days at that time? That way we would be able to add the two days to MDE and then book FP+ for those days then, correct? Just didn't know if they would let them get all of our tickets. I know we don't need the hard tickets for MDE, but they would need them to add the days, right? Thanks again to you guys for all of the help!

It's not that big of a deal: when this happens to me, I just save our MK days at the end of the trip for booking the remaining FP+. When we use the tickets the first time, and then upgrade, then I make the rest of the FP.

Usually there is lots left even a few days before (maybe not 7DMT so do that early in your trip).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter