Southwest opening flights on May 18th.......................

I booked from Grand Rapids, MI for 11 people 11/23 to 12/02, it wastime consuming because I had a bunch of discounted gift cards, but I got it done!

I used 47130 points to get 3 people down and 4 people back home, then I spent $2235.74 total for the rest of the flights including EBCI for there and back. I got discounted southwest gift card so actually spent more like 2000.00 out of pocket!

hmmmmm seems like the 'new' SWA has some differences..... Am I seeing wrong, or did it just open for a month,only into early january? Didn't they usually open for a few months at a time before? I got the Dec flights I wanted, but I'm paying more than I wanted to fly home from MCO- almost twice what I paid last time I flew through there... to FLL though was a great price. And the time schedule changed 100% from previous months,aka what I thought I'd be booking for times lol.... the non stops are definitely oddball...that's ok so are we!

I didn't buy. Prices were REALLY high. I expected higher, but not THAT high. My family talked me into biting the bullet at 1800 for four tickets (have 400 in travel funds), but by the time I got to checking out, they went up to 2300. Nope. We are going to Disney in July - good enough. The only reason I was considering December was Free Dining - don't need to go.

How's Christmas in Disneyland? I can get airfare there much cheaper!!

Disneyland Christmas is the BOMB! Haunted Mansion with a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. Small World with a Christmas overlay and light show on the outside. Snows every night. Christmas parade every night. Freshly made candy canes (you get a ressie to buy them). Jingle Cruise. Special Christmas World of Color. All starting in November (before Thanksgiving). Wish I could talk my extended family into it but they are hardcore WDW fans. I love WDW too, but DL is really pretty awesome. Maybe I could fly there cheaper too. Ugh.

Got a flight from MCO tp PHL at the time we wanted but for way more than usual. We'll be going back in less than a year so maybe the price will drop and we'll get a credit.

Bill From Pa

BDL to MCO, I ended up with $98 down and $134 on the way back. I was really afraid the prices would be in the $300's each way like Jet Blue.

Glad that is over with!

BDL to MCO, I ended up with $98 down and $134 on the way back. I was really afraid the prices would be in the $300's each way like Jet Blue.

Glad that is over with!
that's not bad! I hope my mco-bdl flight drops later....I don't think i's even busy season yet when I go

Well I guess WDW is out for us in November. $1750 for 4 people round trip. :crazy2:

I'll keep checking, but it's not looking good.

If I cancel, we'll probably try for late January again.

I was looking for BWI too. I was actually ok with the schedules, but they were more than double what we paid last year! I didn't book either.

There are usually so many nonstop options for BWI. I have heard the complaints over the past few months about less and less nonstop from other airports but it didn't seem to hit BOW. It has now. We want nonstop and pretty early in the day, close to 7am. I ended up booking a flight down for $132 each at 6:25am because the next direct flight wasn't until 8:45. Less than 3 minutes after I booked, that flight was already $160.
I'm going to continue stalking flights and hope that I will end up with a credit I cam use on a return flight. Right now the return we want is $184 each. At that price I would take the autotrain back and rent a car to drive from Lorton.

I am sorry that everybody has run into bad pricing. That was not the case for us at all. :(
It all depends on location, of course.

Just keep watching - they always go down and have sales. And, if you can book at least one on points so you can get EBCI, you can always get the points back if the pricing goes down and then book the others at that point.

I booked with points, but hoping the annual Anniversary sale next month brings better prices. I would love to get points back!

I booked with points, but hoping the annual Anniversary sale next month brings better prices. I would love to get points back!
Boy do I miss those anniversary sale prices. Our first family trip to WDW, we got $160 each. It was awesome.

I was checking out the November flights Southwest (finally) released today. The Sunday after Thanksgiving has two flights to Denver, neither at a desirable time. I flipped through times on other days, out of curiosity, and there are days when Southwest adds two other flights. Flights that depart at reasonable times!! Why, Southwest?!? Why have extra flights mid-week on a Tuesday but not on the Sunday after Thanksgiving? Hello, busiest travel of the year! Especially from Orlando! Now we're left to make the decision of whether it makes more sense to pay slightly more for flights on United (the Southwest prices are high!! I'm really not liking it. $900 cheapest for only one person) that work for us. Ugh. I'm very disappointed.

I knew flying thanksgiving week would be painful, but my goodness. Had a family emergency and couldn't get to the computer to book till 9. Used all points but paid the equivalent of $173 down and $169 back out of BWI. And that's flying into Tampa instead of Orlando with crappy times and a stop on the way down. We won't get to Disney now till like 9 pm on our arrival day. Sucks. And we are flying home black Friday instead of on Saturday like I had hoped. And flying in Sat vs Fri night. Hopefully they will go down, but not counting on it. That was like alllllllllllllll my points, would love to get some back. We shall see. You never know. My Good Friday flight dropped by half, never would have expected that so it does happen.

Glad that is over with!

When are you going? I need 7 RT 11/1 to 11/18. I have NEVER paid more than $200 (or the points equivalent) in 10+ years of flying this route. I ended up booking an early non-stop on 11/12 for $98 each down (39,000 points). But the flights back are almost $200 each!! That's way too high. I will just wait and watch. Bummed, I thought all the puzzle pieces would be done for this trip today.

I got 8 round trip, good flight times, local airport rather than Boston. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but lower than jet blue, delta, etc.

Hopefully the prices drop at some point, since we have to travel again next spring.

Flights weren't open...then when they opened they were IMMEDIATELY all sold out on most of the best fares. I mean they came up sold out...there was NO way they sold that many tickets in under three seconds. And what was strange was that all the connecting flights were the ones gone. I was able to book using points for a nonstop out of Hartford...when I wanted. Unfortunately, the points were over DOUBLE the same flights last year.

I noticed the same thing when I was looking for flights to Puerto Rico. I was checking constantly, but as soon as the dates were released, four of the six flights came up as sold out. (They are still listed as sold out now.) Somebody must be a lot faster than I am at getting through the booking process.

I booked this morning for November 10-18. I had been watching to get an idea on points and DW had enough on her card but I was a little shy, once they posted the flight. I purchased additional 2K, but could not use them until I received an e-mail confirmation. I had to leave to the house to go to the office so when I logged on just a little later, the price had increased again, so I had to purchase another 2K points.

The flight times also was not what I had hoped for. Usually they have one around 6:30 but the first flight was at 9:30 CST arriving at noon EST. I'm hoping they open an earlier flight so we can get down sooner.

Geez Louise! Same prices as all the other airlines. Ugh. Hopefully the prices will go down at some point. Not worth driving to Hobby for me if they don't

When are you going? I need 7 RT 11/1 to 11/18. I have NEVER paid more than $200 (or the points equivalent) in 10+ years of flying this route. I ended up booking an early non-stop on 11/12 for $98 each down (39,000 points). But the flights back are almost $200 each!! That's way too high. I will just wait and watch. Bummed, I thought all the puzzle pieces would be done for this trip today.
We are leaving on 11/29 and coming back on 12/09.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter