• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest- Only One Confirmation Number?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I just booked 2 of us on Southwest, using rapid rewards points. The reservation came out with only one confirmation number, i.e., there are 2 of us on one reservation. I could swear that Southwest has always booked each of us on our own confirmation number when I've booked using Rapid Rewards points (and I clearly remember what a pain it was to do online check-in for 4 of us). Has there been a change in policy, or should I call SWA and make sure we are both actually booked on the flight?

Last edited:
I just booked 2 of us on Southwest, using rapid rewards points. The reservation came out with only one confirmation number, i.e., there are 2 of us on one reservation. I could swear that Southwest has always booked each of us on our own confirmation number (and I remember what a pain it was to do online check-in for 4 of us). Has there been a change in policy, or should I call SWA and make sure we are both actually booked on the flight?

I booked a round trip flight for me and my fiance a few days ago and it only had one confirmation number. This is my first flight with SW so I do not know from past flights.

Although I've never booked a Southwest flight with points, I've flown with them many, many times, always with one other person booked in the same reservation, and I've always received one confirmation number.

I have had it both ways.

I have definitely had situations where I have 2 confirmation numbers, they are often very similar. When I would go and adjust one, for a price decrease, it would remind me of the other confirmation # (I would have to do each person's adjustment one at a time).

I also book SW using points often. Was always confirmation number for each person and a pain to check in. . But used points for my June trip for me & grandson & only one confirmations number . Think it's changed

SWA is in the middle of a major change in their reservation system. At the moment, they're are actually 2 independent systems in operation - the old system is in place for reservations PRIOR to May 9, and the new system is in place for reservations ON OR AFTER May 9. Booking on points in the old system got you a confirmation number for each person. On the new system, it's one confirmation for everyone.

Steve

Our SWA Reservations (booked with points) for Flights after May 8th are just one

confirmation number for 1 Adult and 1 Child

Our Flight (booked with points) before May 9th has 2 Confirmation Numbers.

This *trend* was Discovered early 2017

It has been mentioned on DIS boards and F/T Forums (in the SWA Forum)

The 2017 SWA Flight Schedule Release Dates were one batch ending May 8th

and the next group of Dates starting with May 9th . . It is not a error and I think it will be

helpful for those who use the online check-in right at the 24 hour before flight check-in time.

Some of SWA policy changes are cool . . this one is one of them.

Last edited:

Thanks, everyone! These reservations are for early July, so that explains it!!

I just booked 2 of us on Southwest, using rapid rewards points. The reservation came out with only one confirmation number, i.e., there are 2 of us on one reservation. I could swear that Southwest has always booked each of us on our own confirmation number when I've booked using Rapid Rewards points (and I clearly remember what a pain it was to do online check-in for 4 of us). Has there been a change in policy, or should I call SWA and make sure we are both actually booked on the flight?

We travel as a party of 3. We have always had only one confirmation number. But I have never booked using rewards. Look at your confirmation number/reservation online, it should show both of your names. Mine shows all three of us for our flight this week with our one confirmation number. The one time we had two confirmation numbers was when my husband was flying home on a different flight than DS and I were.

Here's what I Think happened here if I read your post correctly:
If you previously booked and you each used your own rapids rewards accounts to book your flights, then you'd have a separate confirmation I bet. Mom booking with Mom's rapid rewards is a different reservation than Dad's flight booked with HIS rewards. But if Mom booked flights for both Mom and Dad with HER rewards, its one reservation.

We have flown SW almost exclusively for our trips the last 10 years. Every time I booked using RR points we would each get a confirmation number, cash reservations were linked with one conf code. I thought that was the just the way their system did it until I booked for this fall and was happy to see one code for all of us. If this is a system change as people mentioned earlier I am thrilled as it was tough to get 3 (and now 4) people checked in at the same time.

SWA is in the middle of a major change in their reservation system. At the moment, they're are actually 2 independent systems in operation - the old system is in place for reservations PRIOR to May 9, and the new system is in place for reservations ON OR AFTER May 9. Booking on points in the old system got you a confirmation number for each person. On the new system, it's one confirmation for everyone.

Steve
oh wow this explains it! I booked today -2 people,and got one number.... it tiook me a few minutes of looking to realize it- and also why my CP setup has been a little glitchy today too (travel before May 9) good to know....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter