Southwest Flight Changed

TheBacklot

Mouseketeer
Got an e-mail this morning that my nonstop flight out of Nashville (5A-7:55A) got changed to 8:05A-11A. Not the best way I wanted to start the trip but they've completely removed the earlier flight so it kind of is what it is.

Just curious if anyone has had this happen recently? I know with staffing and other constraints they're had to move things around but now I know this flight will be packed and I'm losing my morning.

I have had at least a dozen flights change on me since November of 2020. It’s maybe getting better. In the end we didn’t take all the trips. We have lots of points so I tend to book a flight as soon as we think we might go. Family is spread out out so I’m also looking at 2 different start airports. For last May they changed on us three times with the biggest difference being an hour. For an August trip they changed twice within about 1/2 hour time frame. I had a trip for last week that I didn’t take mainly because they eliminated the afternoon flight and I had the option of arriving in MCO at 11:35 pm or next day at 12:30am. That was at least changed 3 months out, and I never saw the flights change after that. So far for this coming May there has only been one change by about an hour, but it’s early yet 😔

I have yet to book a Southwest Flight that hasn't changed since the pandemic started - I've flown probably 10-15 times on Southwest since 2020. Sometimes the flight time is changed, other times it's totally eliminated. The worst have been when my direct flight is changed to a flight with a layover.

So far my flight for May hasn't changed, but I'm assuming at some point about a month out I'll see a change of some sort.

Our October flights through Delta just changed again. Now we arrive 2 hours later. Looked at options, and not a lot of good options to change.

yes the last couple of times we have flown anywhere we have had flights changed. Over the summer we had a flight leaving Denver to go home, moved UP by 12 hours!! From 7pm to 7 AM. We were staying in Steamboat Springs, (hours away). We couldn't make the new time work. They gave us a $200 voucher, but we ended up canceling the flights and driving. We just got notification last night our flight from Vegas is moved up again to 5am. great.

We got a email yesterday. Our afternoon non stop was switched to a morning change of planes. 2 1/2 hr trip turned in over 5 hours.

Our flights in and out of Atlanta rarely change, pre or post pandemic. Wonder why some locations change a lot and others not much.
Have another in 2 weeks that hasn't changed since booking in December. (knock on wood)

I flew Southwest to Orlando this past weekend. My flights did not change, but they were at more expensive times than the other flights (mid-morning to Orlando, mid-afternoon return). However, both flights were COMPLETELY full every seat taken even though I had been checking on rates and there were still plenty of seats for sale the week leading up to the trip. This makes me feel pretty sure that SW must have consolidated some other less-booked flight into ours. Don't have data to back it up, but my suspicion is that if you a book an "off" time like very early morning or later in evening, you may get a cheaper rate but would have a greater likelihood of getting merged into another flight. They likely don't want to do that tactic with the more expensive flights because then they could be accused of a bait and switch and people could try to get their money back or sue.

Southwest left Newark completely, and now also no more nonstops to MCO from PHL. Such a bummer. So don't be too sad, I can't even use them anymore to WDW.

My Southwest flights changed only during the pandemic. Before that, there were no changes whatsoever.
Yea, I'd say our experience has been very similar. Prior to pandemic, they seemed to only allow booking 6-8 months out. But once they set the schedule, it stayed. Travel during this pandemic has changed all the conditions for all the airlines, and it's probably going to continue to be a bit more uncertain with changes for the near future.

Our direct flight changed as well, we now have to layover. Does anyone know if Southwest normally adds flights within 2 months? I wonder if I should keep checking for a added direct flight.

We got a email yesterday. Our afternoon non stop was switched to a morning change of planes. 2 1/2 hr trip turned in over 5 hours.
I hope you know you can change what they put you on if there actually exists a better option for you. Ours changed yesterday when they eliminated a whole flight. We had 6 different reservations on that flight. They moved all of us with the same last name to one later flight but my sister and her hubby were changed to a very late flight. We finally figured out how to simply change all of the different reservations to the next non stop leaving two hours after the original eliminated flight It’s so annoying but I’m grateful we can adjust after they notify us. It was easy on the website.

Our flight from PHL to MCO on April 9th was cancelled/changed - I was notified this am. Instead of a 9:35am direct flight that got us into MCO at 12:15 - we were rebooked on a flight from Philly to St Louis, St. Louis to Omaha, Omaha to Orlando (8:10 am to 4:20 pm). Um, no thanks. Trying to rebook now but options are dreadful. Southwest has dropped almost all nonstops from PHL to MCO - I don’t get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter