Southwest Early Bird Check-in

It will not be worth it you likely will still end up in the 40/50s which is only 10 spots from boarding between A and B groups. Save the money, board during the family boarding, and you will easily be able to sit together in the back 1/3 of the plane.

Personally have A-List status with Southwest and traveling basically every other week for work. I see it all the time with families.

Just to clarify - Travelers with children 6 and under qualify for family boarding, and yes between A and B.

Yes. You will be able to board then, though on Orlando there might be MANY families doing the same.

And, slightly unrelated, but we were recently traveling on Jet Blue, and found those with car seats and strollers were invited to board after the A group. Not as big a deal because seats are assigned on JB, but it was nice to get on early, settle in, and not worry about having to hunt for overhead bin space. I mention this because I usually classify SW and JB in the same category below the legacy carriers and above the super low cost carriers.

Yes. You will be able to board then, though on Orlando there might be MANY families doing the same.

And, slightly unrelated, but we were recently traveling on Jet Blue, and found those with car seats and strollers were invited to board after the A group. Not as big a deal because seats are assigned on JB, but it was nice to get on early, settle in, and not worry about having to hunt for overhead bin space. I mention this because I usually classify SW and JB in the same category below the legacy carriers and above the super low cost carriers.

Southwest is a top 2 airline and above the legacy and no clue about Jet Blue though.

You shouldn't be forced to board at a certain time on Southwest and if you have A1 they would let you bring the stroller then even.

Southwest is a top 2 airline and above the legacy and no clue about Jet Blue though.

Glad you like Southwest, but keep in mind not everyone does. I absolutely loathe them. We're flying with them next week and I'm already dreading it. I use Jet Blue several times per year and find them far superior. For me, so is Spirit, Frontier, Delta, American....

Glad you like Southwest, but keep in mind not everyone does. I absolutely loathe them. We're flying with them next week and I'm already dreading it. I use Jet Blue several times per year and find them far superior. For me, so is Spirit, Frontier, Delta, American....

You can loath them but they are consistently rated as one of the best airlines. I am talking about rankings not my opinion, although personally I like them as well. I travel a ton and never have issues with Southwest like I have had with United or American.

Jet Blue doesn't have coverage I need for work travel but sounds like they would be a great back up option for me if it came to it on a one off flight.

We have NEVER paid for EBCI and we have always gotten seats together for our group of 4-5. We fly as a family 2-3 times a year, typically on very full flights from BWI or PHL to MCO. We have also NEVER had them not offer family boarding on an Orlando flight, although I know it can happen. This will be our first year not qualifying for family boarding, but as long as 1 adult can sit with my 7 year old, we are all good. I'd rather save the money for something fun in Disney!

I almost always buy it so I don’t have to worry about being online to check in at the 24 hour mark, even when I’m flying alone. I just consider it part of my flight cost. Especially flying to and from Orlando, where there are dozens of families boarding during family boarding.

We have NEVER paid for EBCI and we have always gotten seats together for our group of 4-5. We fly as a family 2-3 times a year, typically on very full flights from BWI or PHL to MCO. We have also NEVER had them not offer family boarding on an Orlando flight, although I know it can happen. This will be our first year not qualifying for family boarding, but as long as 1 adult can sit with my 7 year old, we are all good. I'd rather save the money for something fun in Disney!
the flight that I was on that didn't do family boarding was out of philly to Orlando. was a full plane but only had numbers to like B15. EBCI was no help as there were very few rows at back of plane with no one already in. should have heard the As when they found out it was a full plane with the few boarding at philly

Traveling to Orlando with husband and 1yo flight is full. Debating add early bird check in thoughts???

I wouldn't. First I hate the whole philosophy of paying for early bird, because the more ppl. that pay the less the advantage etc. Anyways, you'll also get family boarding, so you should be fine, not to mention that does a stranger really want to sit with your 1 year old and not switch you seats lol. Save your money.

Not sure if you have taken your trip; but personally I always buy it for our return trip because I don't want to think about checking in for the flight during the vacation. We're usually in a park at that point. Unless there is a reason I won't be able to check in at the 24 hour mark I don't buy it for the flight out. Usually don't have any issue with seats on the departure flights. But we also prefer the back of the plane. When we board we head straight to row 20 plus.

I bought it for our trip (booked the tickets the day they released and bought EBCI right away, but only for our return flight) and we were B6-B10. So we ended up getting on with family boarding like we would have even if we hadn’t bought EBCI. It was a total waste for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter