Southwest booking with points

mom2_3girls

Mouseketeer
I booked our Southwest flight to MCO and would like to change the arrival time. I know that I can easily go in and do it, but I booked with points and would like to use cash for the difference (total of 22.00). Can I do that vs. using 2,000 points? I've got a 65.00 credit with Southwest for my Jan flight that kept dropping.

I believe you have to do the whole flight one way or the other. I don't know of a way to do it otherwise. For something like this, you would probably have to call SWA and ask them if it is possible.

The only way I could see you doing this is if you cancel your flights (if you booked round trip), then re-book each flight separately as one way flights (given the prices are the same or close to what you originally booked at). One flight you can book using points, the other flight using the credit and paying cash.

I booked our Southwest flight to MCO and would like to change the arrival time. I know that I can easily go in and do it, but I booked with points and would like to use cash for the difference (total of 22.00). Can I do that vs. using 2,000 points? I've got a 65.00 credit with Southwest for my Jan flight that kept dropping.

You can use your cash credit to but points and add the extra money to make up the difference.

I don't think you can mix points and cash on the same reservation. You would be better off canceling the points reservation with no penalty and rebooking as cash to use the $65 flight credit.

The only caveat is that if you paid EBCI on the points reservation, that will be lost as there is no way to carry over EBCI fees to the new cash reservation online. And if the fare you are trying to book is "WEB" only, the telephone agent won't be able to access that fare.

Good luck, Steve :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter