Southern California (Chino Hills) Earthquake Info

aliceblue

DIS Veteran
From Yahoo News (Associated Press):
LOS ANGELES - A strong earthquake shook Southern California on Tuesday, causing buildings to sway and triggering some precautionary evacuations. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The jolt was felt from Los Angeles to San Diego, and slightly in Las Vegas.
The 11:42 a.m. quake was initially estimated at 5.8 by the U.S. Geological Survey but was revised downward to 5.4. More than a dozen aftershocks quickly followed, the largest estimated at magnitude-3.8.

The quake was centered 29 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles near the San Bernardino County city of Chino Hills, and was estimated to be about 8 miles below the earth's surface.

"It will certainly cause cracked plaster and broken windows, but probably not structural damage," USGS seismologist Kate Hutton said.
Don't know how many of you felt it, but I sure did. The cats are still terrified. Four pieces of china and glass fell and broke. (First time I've had that happen and I've lived here all my life.)

Sorry to anyone visiting Disneyland from out of state. It isn't like this all the time; really!

I felt it too, but it wasn't bad at all for me. Actually, I believe it didn't cause any major damages, deaths, or injuries.

I was just getting on my computer when all of the sudden the ground starts shaking. I was laughing in my room while it was happening, and 4 hours later all my out-of-state friends start calling me like "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?" :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter