• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

@jimmymc Enjoy your trip to the fullest!!! Let us know how are the crowds at the parks as it seems that lately they are quite low. Last weekend was below 20% (saturday) or even 10% (sunday) attendance.

Just checking in from the bus, as we're about 10 minutes from Disneyland! The trip is amazing so far.

Universal was great! Two days without express pass was plenty to get in everything I wanted, including all the minigames in Nintendo World and multiple rides on the new Mario Kart ride.

Sunday was a quiet evening. I stayed around the welcome dinner until they kicked us out before getting ti bed early.

On Monday, we had a great time seeing the historical theaters, Jim Henson Studios, and the surprise activity (which was different than last year). Then after our ABD activities were done, I saw Oppenheimer at the TCL Chinese Theater on one of the largest IMAX screens in the world. Great movie, although the massive screen was honestly overkill since it's mostly about the dialogue.

Today has been very special, as I got to see way more on the Studio tour than last year and some cool new experiences at Imagineering. Can't wait for the parks!

Yes- it is definitely a little more expensive than just the normal tickets. It includes breakfast, a backlot tour with special access depending on the day you are there (we got to tour the stage they filmed Superstore since they weren't filming that day), front of the line access on multiple rides/experiences, a fantastic lunch and then it turned into the express pass after the tour was over for the rest of the day. I've done it twice in Hollywood and once in Orlando and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If you choose to do it, you won't regret it. But, you also can't go wrong if you want to do the 2 day ticket and early entry for Nintendo! You'll have fun either way for sure!!

I wish we could go to Universal before this ABD, but due to other obligations, we aren't flying in until Sunday morning of the trip. I really want to see Nintendo world. I guess I'll just have to wait until we go to Japan :-)

Have the best time on your trip
Hm, I didn't think about the included meals. I'll have to talk to DH and see...

What's the draw for the tour in Orlando since there's no studio to tour? We'll be there to finish off our APs next month, though our hotel already includes express pass

Just got back from our farewell breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, and what a week it's been! When Disneyland is open until midnight and your tour starts at 7 am, sometimes sleep is the thing you choose to cut. Fortunately our goodbye wasn't really a goodbye, since everyone including the guides will be at Avengers Campus tonight.

The trip overall was just as good as I remember! Saw some new stuff, old stuff, actually got to see fireworks over Sleeping Beauty's castle, and met some new friends! The full trip report will come later, but it's nice to know that there is real value in doing the trip more than once.

Just got back from our farewell breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, and what a week it's been! When Disneyland is open until midnight and your tour starts at 7 am, sometimes sleep is the thing you choose to cut. Fortunately our goodbye wasn't really a goodbye, since everyone including the guides will be at Avengers Campus tonight.

The trip overall was just as good as I remember! Saw some new stuff, old stuff, actually got to see fireworks over Sleeping Beauty's castle, and met some new friends! The full trip report will come later, but it's nice to know that there is real value in doing the trip more than once.
I'm really glad you had a good time! Hope our ABD in October lives up to yours. And thanks for not giving too much detail about the surprises. After we get back from ours, we can compare notes and see if it was the same stuff. ;)

It was a great trip with a truly nice group of people — you included!! So nice to meet you and to talk Disney, DVC, and more!

Hm, I didn't think about the included meals. I'll have to talk to DH and see...

What's the draw for the tour in Orlando since there's no studio to tour? We'll be there to finish off our APs next month, though our hotel already includes express pass
The VIP tour at Hollywood was superior given the actual studio portion of the tour. In Orlando, it was good but not as special. It included breakfast and lunch as well- along with special viewing of the Macy's parade (we were there in December), so that was nice. We also got some behind the scenes looks at some things. Our guide showed us just how close the Mummy tracks are to each other :-)

I don't remember if express pass at Universal is like Lightning Lane where you still may have to wait in line depending on the number of people there. With the VIP tour, there was no waiting in line- we'd go in the exits and get on the ride immediately.

Good to know- I'll be on my second one the end of October and was a little worried it may be too redundant

Writing this eating dinner in downtown disney after an incredible week. Calvin and I had such a great time meeting you folks. Have a safe trip home! Summer Rose and Ralph were treasures. And thank you Kevin and John again so much for organizing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter