Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Well I just booked another one of these trips, so I guess I'm addicted. I was originally going to wait a few years, but John teased a special Disney 100th event on the tail end, so I had to sign up
Wow that’s great, must be good

Probably a longer drive/ re-route from airport to hotel on the Saturday due to the possible road closures?
Depends on when you arrive on Saturday. If the roads are closed, I'm assuming they'll have to drop you at least a couple of blocks from the hotel, and you'd have to walk. But that's just a guess on my point.

Sayhello

Depends on when you arrive on Saturday. If the roads are closed, I'm assuming they'll have to drop you at least a couple of blocks from the hotel, and you'd have to walk. But that's just a guess on my point.

Sayhello
Mid afternoon

The ABD website says we will get information on providing vaccination details to the Anvil Group. We leave in a week and haven't received anything yet (just the handbook). Should I expect it via email or some other way and how far in advance of the trip?

The ABD website says we will get information on providing vaccination details to the Anvil Group. We leave in a week and haven't received anything yet (just the handbook). Should I expect it via email or some other way and how far in advance of the trip?
It will come via email, five days before the adventure start date, usually early in the morning.

Hi all.
I'm extending my stay for this trip for 2 days. It will be our first (and most probably last, as we live in Spain) trip to Disneyland California and we are considering the 3 Disney hotels for our extended stay.

The difference between changing to Disneyland hotel or Paradise pier or staying at Grand californian is 400$ aprox. Based on your experience, is it worth to stay at the Grand californian? Do you know if Disney could take care of our luggage and move it to the new room at the other hotel?

Thanks and regards

A couple questions as this will be our first ABD trip. We leave in May.

We are doing the extended trip and saying the night before at Loews. Any recommendation on what to do Sunday before the official tour starts? Roughly what time does it start? We were thinking of either Ubering to Queen Mary or Warner Bros Studio Tour. Or, looking for one of those Hollywood bus tours. Anything else people have done? We have been to Hollywood Blvd once before and really don't have any desire to just wander around there for the day. LOL the lack of us having to plan anything on this trip is a weird feeling so at least we can plan that one day :) Oh, and I saw some recommend heading to Universal Studios that day, we aren't interested in that as we don't think there'd be enough time to get a decent day in at Universal.

We are heading home on the red eye Friday night so we will be able to have all day in the park Friday. If I understand the itinerary correctly, you do the breakfast on Friday then the tour is basically over. I gather from other posts we don't have to make park reservations on the actual park days as ABD takes care of it. But what do we do about that Friday for our park reservation?

Thank you!
I visited Warner Bros studios and i loved every second of it. There are several tours now but I would take the Deluxe tour that is 5h if you can fit it in your schedule.

Hi all.
I'm extending my stay for this trip for 2 days. It will be our first (and most probably last, as we live in Spain) trip to Disneyland California and we are considering the 3 Disney hotels for our extended stay.

The difference between changing to Disneyland hotel or Paradise pier or staying at Grand californian is 400$ aprox. Based on your experience, is it worth to stay at the Grand californian? Do you know if Disney could take care of our luggage and move it to the new room at the other hotel?

Thanks and regards
For that price, I would definitely recommend the Disneyland Hotel. I'm not sure if they move your luggage for you, but you can drop it off at the bell desk at any time.

For that price, I would definitely recommend the Disneyland Hotel. I'm not sure if they move your luggage for you, but you can drop it off at the bell desk at any time.
Thanks! I will ask about the luggage transfer. Is this hotel newly renovated?

Regards

Thanks! I will ask about the luggage transfer. Is this hotel newly renovated?

Regards
It's been a few years since the last renovation, but it's still very well themed by today's standards.

Confirmed, they would transfer the luggage and then, once in the new room, you call to get the luggage delivered.

A 2$ tip is expected per luggage but the service is free.

At some point ABD will ask for your flight information, so your driver will know the terminal and approximate time you'll be arriving. Mine texted me as my plane arrived, and I let him know when I had my bags.

The guides will ask for a phone number they can contact you with, so you might want to get an international plan or pay as you go phone.
One thing I would add about this is the limo drivers at LAX have to park a good walk away from where the baggage claim is. It was a good 5 minute walk with all of our luggage to the limo.

Also, ABD has already tipped them for you so no need to tip again.

Question about day 4 where we start at California Adventure Park. The lunch description is "Lunch is on us! So just relax, people-watch and enjoy a great meal inside Disneyland Park." Should I be making a lunch reservation somewhere and if so, what park?

It is confusing because we are at California Adventure Park, and you can't park hop until after 2 and the description says "Disneyland Park"

Question about day 4 where we start at California Adventure Park. The lunch description is "Lunch is on us! So just relax, people-watch and enjoy a great meal inside Disneyland Park." Should I be making a lunch reservation somewhere and if so, what park?

It is confusing because we are at California Adventure Park, and you can't park hop until after 2 and the description says "Disneyland Park"
On that day, they give you a $25 dining card to use in the park. You can use it anywhere.

Either park? Can we get to Disneyland Park if park hopping isn't allowed until 2:00?

Thank you!
Actually, Josh D'Amaro just announced a bunch of changes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and one of them affects park hopping at Disneyland:

"offering more flexibility with our Park Hopper ticket, giving Guests the ability to begin crossing over earlier (starting at 11 a.m.), beginning February 4"

https://mickeyvisit.com/disney-policy-changes/

Sayhello

Actually, Josh D'Amaro just announced a bunch of changes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World, and one of them affects park hopping at Disneyland:

"offering more flexibility with our Park Hopper ticket, giving Guests the ability to begin crossing over earlier (starting at 11 a.m.), beginning February 4"

https://mickeyvisit.com/disney-policy-changes/

Sayhello
I saw that, but we are on next week's trip and this doesn't start until Feb 4 :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter