Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

The carousel in Griffith Park is not currently operating. The person that ran it and owned it recently passed and they don't have the money to keep it running. They are doing some fund raising right now according to our guides.
it is a shame... such a significant place for us Disney-nerds...

it is a shame... such a significant place for us Disney-nerds...
totally. On the tour they stopped the coach on the top of the hill after we saw Walt's barn but that is the closest we could get.

We got to LA on Saturday and spent the day eating and going to the best Tiki bar on the planet Tiki Ti ( http://www.tiki-ti.com/) 10/10 stars. Please go but get there early.

On the Sunday our adventure started we did the Paramount Studios tour that someone on this thread recommended. It was great and I would also recommend that. After we took a Lyft to Rodeo Drive and had a fancy drink at the Regent Beverly Wilshire (reeg, bev, wil for all you Pretty Lady fans). That was great too for the people watching alone.

JOD

To all of you who already have enjoyed this fabulous trip. How many steps a day have you done during the trip? I'm asking this because I'm now in London with my 5 years old son and we have been doing well over 20.000 steps (around 10 miles) a day for 5 days and he has not complaint. Based on your experience, are those numbers similar to the ones at this ABD trip per day? Or ABD is worse in this sense?

As always, thanks for the answers!

To all of you who already have enjoyed this fabulous trip. How many steps a day have you done during the trip? I'm asking this because I'm now in London with my 5 years old son and we have been doing well over 20.000 steps (around 10 miles) a day for 5 days and he has not complaint. Based on your experience, are those numbers similar to the ones at this ABD trip per day? Or ABD is worse in this sense?

I don't think we got close to that many steps on the first two days of the trip. You may get close on your DL/DCA days but that really depends on what you choose to do on your free time on those days. I don't think you will hit 20,000 steps during the group activities.

I ranged from 10k to 30k, but I'm also pretty active on the park days. The parks were also open until 11 each night and I usually stayed late.

We are on this trip in January! I have read through the thread and have a few questions.

1. We are on an adult only version -- is there any difference from the family version of the trip?

2. What restaurants have they been taking you to at Disneyland recently? I want to get a reservation for the last day at somewhere we haven't been to that week. I know it changes trip to trip, just trying to get an idea.

3. Is there a way to get a reservation number to put into My Disneyland Plans?

Thank you all so much for your help!

We are on this trip in January! I have read through the thread and have a few questions.

1. We are on an adult only version -- is there any difference from the family version of the trip?

2. What restaurants have they been taking you to at Disneyland recently? I want to get a reservation for the last day at somewhere we haven't been to that week. I know it changes trip to trip, just trying to get an idea.

3. Is there a way to get a reservation number to put into My Disneyland Plans?

Thank you all so much for your help!

1. There aren't any specific changes for the adults only version. The biggest variation is for the Disneyland portion, where the meals and activities change based on availability.

2. Day 3: Dinner at Storyteller's Cafe. Day 4: Breakfast at Pym's Test Kitchen, lunch and dinner on your own. Day 5: Breakfast at Plaza Inn with Minnie and Friends, dinner at Lamplight Lounge. Day 6: Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

3. The guides will link your Grand Cal reservation for you around the time the trip starts, and they will give you a paper admission ticket on the way from Imagineering to Disneyland on Day 3.

1. There aren't any specific changes for the adults only version. The biggest variation is for the Disneyland portion, where the meals and activities change based on availability.

2. Day 3: Dinner at Storyteller's Cafe. Day 4: Breakfast at Pym's Test Kitchen, lunch and dinner on your own. Day 5: Breakfast at Plaza Inn with Minnie and Friends, dinner at Lamplight Lounge. Day 6: Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

3. The guides will link your Grand Cal reservation for you around the time the trip starts, and they will give you a paper admission ticket on the way from Imagineering to Disneyland on Day 3.
Oh, I didn't know there was breakfast included on departure day! Good to know. We're going in Sep and then flying to Orlando for D23 on departure day. Needed to know if we should do an early or late flight.

Oh, I didn't know there was breakfast included on departure day! Good to know. We're going in Sep and then flying to Orlando for D23 on departure day. Needed to know if we should do an early or late flight.
Your park ticket is also good on departure day, so if you do a late flight you can go back into the parks. Sometimes the guides can also get you a few lightning lane passes.

A couple questions as this will be our first ABD trip. We leave in May.

We are doing the extended trip and saying the night before at Loews. Any recommendation on what to do Sunday before the official tour starts? Roughly what time does it start? We were thinking of either Ubering to Queen Mary or Warner Bros Studio Tour. Or, looking for one of those Hollywood bus tours. Anything else people have done? We have been to Hollywood Blvd once before and really don't have any desire to just wander around there for the day. LOL the lack of us having to plan anything on this trip is a weird feeling so at least we can plan that one day :) Oh, and I saw some recommend heading to Universal Studios that day, we aren't interested in that as we don't think there'd be enough time to get a decent day in at Universal.

We are heading home on the red eye Friday night so we will be able to have all day in the park Friday. If I understand the itinerary correctly, you do the breakfast on Friday then the tour is basically over. I gather from other posts we don't have to make park reservations on the actual park days as ABD takes care of it. But what do we do about that Friday for our park reservation?

Thank you!

We are doing the extended trip and saying the night before at Loews. Any recommendation on what to do Sunday before the official tour starts? Roughly what time does it start? We were thinking of either Ubering to Queen Mary or Warner Bros Studio Tour. Or, looking for one of those Hollywood bus tours. Anything else people have done? We have been to Hollywood Blvd once before and really don't have any desire to just wander around there for the day. LOL the lack of us having to plan anything on this trip is a weird feeling so at least we can plan that one day :) Oh, and I saw some recommend heading to Universal Studios that day, we aren't interested in that as we don't think there'd be enough time to get a decent day in at Universal.

We are heading home on the red eye Friday night so we will be able to have all day in the park Friday. If I understand the itinerary correctly, you do the breakfast on Friday then the tour is basically over. I gather from other posts we don't have to make park reservations on the actual park days as ABD takes care of it. But what do we do about that Friday for our park reservation?

Thank you!

The tour starts with dinner on the first evening - if I recall, it was served around 6:00 pm (people who have gone more recently might have the specific time). We went to Griffith Park on the Sunday our tour started - we went to the Observatory, watched a planetarium show, saw the Hollywood sign and also stopped at the carousel, which was, unfortunately, not open. You could also visit the LA Live Steamers (in the park) and ride the little train - they are typically open on Sundays. There is also a zoo in the park.

Thank you!
The Queen Mary is probably going to take you an hour to get to from the Loews, and an hour back. But I believe it's currently still closed due to Covid, with no date set for a re-opening (although that certainly could change by May). Make sure you check it out before heading there.

Sayhello

Thank you!

We did Warner Bros. It was a great tour but the studio was very quiet on a Sunday so I am sure it is more exciting on a weekday. It was a super quick Uber to Warner Bros so it was very easy. I would say Warner Bros was a 3-4 hours experience but there are portions at your own pace so it could be faster. We would have liked to go to the farmers market but we ran out of time.

Your park reservation defaults to Disneyland on Friday but I think the guides can change this for you if needed. We wanted Disneyland so I am not positive. The tour is over after breakfast on Friday. We had some people skip the breakfast but most went.

@OrangeBirdGirl- I think The Warner Brothers Studio tour is fantastic. I did an older version, but I think the newer version is even better. Griffith Park is another wonderful option. The planetarium is great, and there are hiking paths nearby with great views of the Hollywood sign. I am not an expert outdoorsperson and found a hike online that was labled easy/good for families with young children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter