• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Anyways, my question is, if we add a night so we can spend another full day in the parks, does this give us enough time to really see most everything park-wise? Or would we be better off to just book a park only trip on our own?
I have not done this tour, but I think adding another night makes sense. You are already there, which makes things easiers. If you have the money to do so, I would add another night. It gives you a chance to see anything you missed or maybe redo a favorite or two.

I have not done this tour, but I think adding another night makes sense. You are already there, which makes things easiers. If you have the money to do so, I would add another night. It gives you a chance to see anything you missed or maybe redo a favorite or two.
The park hopper ticket you get from the trip includes your last day, where the only scheduled activity is breakfast together, so almost everybody books one extra night to go in the parks that day. On my trip only one group didn't.

We just went and I did really like the tour… lots of little things made the tour great. I thought they would spend more time with us at the parks but I guess that does make sense that they would let us do our own thing too. Also for our tour, they did not offer a reserved view of Fantasmic so we did that on our own.

We just went and I did really like the tour… lots of little things made the tour great. I thought they would spend more time with us at the parks but I guess that does make sense that they would let us do our own thing too. Also for our tour, they did not offer a reserved view of Fantasmic so we did that on our own.

Was it hard to see Fantasmic on your own?

It's easy to see from the sides, it's not easy to get a good spot unless you book a dining package. That's actually my biggest criticism of the show, that there aren't great viewing areas unless you have a reserved section, and even then you have to sit on the floor for the whole show.

It's easy to see from the sides, it's not easy to get a good spot unless you book a dining package. That's actually my biggest criticism of the show, that there aren't great viewing areas unless you have a reserved section, and even then you have to sit on the floor for the whole show.
Agree with the floor!! My son sat on my husband’s lap cos his bum hurt after a while 🤣
We booked Blue Bayou and took the package on our extra day there. We did really like our seats though, we were dead centre.

Someone else in our group hung around to watch the second show on day 4. She said it was a bit chaotic due to people leaving after the fireworks but they were able to get good spots. I feel like that spot is always a bottleneck even during the day. It’s a lot worse at night because they rope off areas for people to watch the show.

Agree with the floor!! My son sat on my husband’s lap cos his bum hurt after a while 🤣

We booked Blue Bayou and took the package on our extra day there. We did really like our seats though, we were dead centre.

Someone else in our group hung around to watch the second show on day 4. She said it was a bit chaotic due to people leaving after the fireworks but they were able to get good spots. I feel like that spot is always a bottleneck even during the day. It’s a lot worse at night because they rope off areas for people to watch the show.

Is Day 4 the best time to try to see Fantasmic? I was thinking maybe we would see it after the fireworks that night? Or would there be time after the DL welcome dinner on Day 3? For some reason I thought Fantasmic was included in the tour and now I'm kicking myself for not trying to get a dining package of some sort.

Edited to add: I think I just read that we can ask for vouchers when we have lunch at Blue Bayou? I have a reservation there on our first pre-day (we will be exhausted, but I will try to tough it out!). Maybe that will work?!

Last edited:
I also assumed we would see it as part of the trip so I did not try for a dining package. I definitely do not want to spend time trying to stake out a spot.

Is Day 4 the best time to try to see Fantasmic? I was thinking maybe we would see it after the fireworks that night? Or would there be time after the DL welcome dinner on Day 3? For some reason I thought Fantasmic was included in the tour and now I'm kicking myself for not trying to get a dining package of some sort.

Edited to add: I think I just read that we can ask for vouchers when we have lunch at Blue Bayou? I have a reservation there on our first pre-day (we will be exhausted, but I will try to tough it out!). Maybe that will work?!
It can depend on the trip. Sometimes they switch around the Disneyland and DCA days, we actually did things in both parks on day 4. Normally yes, day 4 is the best day. Day 5 you will have reserved viewing for World of Color.

It can depend on the trip. Sometimes they switch around the Disneyland and DCA days, we actually did things in both parks on day 4. Normally yes, day 4 is the best day. Day 5 you will have reserved viewing for World of Color.
Thanks! Yes, I think our days are switched based on an email I received last week. Ok, I’m going to try to see it on one of our pre-days just in case.

Thanks! Yes, I think our days are switched based on an email I received last week. Ok, I’m going to try to see it on one of our pre-days just in case.
That's what I would do if you really want the good spot for dinner. I think on some trips it is offered but not on ours.

I also assumed we would see it as part of the trip so I did not try for a dining package. I definitely do not want to spend time trying to stake out a spot.

For our trip, we had reserved viewing for MSEP and fireworks on day 3. Day 4 we did not have any group evening activities so they said this was the best time to do it. I was a little disappointed there wasn’t one since I heard they did it for a previous trip but understood it’s different for each trip.

My family did it on Day 6 since we added 2 nights. I did make Blue Bayou lunch reservations on Day 6 and was able to ask for the package. I did not book the dining package, just a regular restaurant reservation. I would have cancelled Blue Bayou for day 6 if we did have reserved seating for fantasmic. We arrived at the viewing area around 745 and got lucky to be about 3 rows from the rails, by 8 it was pretty full and we were asked to scoot closer to each other.

I'm not sure why they don't just do Fantasmic, and remain in that area for the fireworks right after Fantasmic.
I suppose it's nice to have the view from the castle, but I would much rather see Fantasmic than the fireworks.

I'm not sure why they don't just do Fantasmic, and remain in that area for the fireworks right after Fantasmic.
I suppose it's nice to have the view from the castle, but I would much rather see Fantasmic than the fireworks.
They chose MSEP instead of Fantasmic in our case. Fireworks were after in same spot where we watched MSEP :) I liked both but did catch MSEP multiple times walking around the next couple of days. I think Fantasmic is a little harder to get a good spot.

For our trip, we had reserved viewing for MSEP and fireworks on day 3. Day 4 we did not have any group evening activities so they said this was the best time to do it. I was a little disappointed there wasn’t one since I heard they did it for a previous trip but understood it’s different for each trip.

My family did it on Day 6 since we added 2 nights. I did make Blue Bayou lunch reservations on Day 6 and was able to ask for the package. I did not book the dining package, just a regular restaurant reservation. I would have cancelled Blue Bayou for day 6 if we did have reserved seating for fantasmic. We arrived at the viewing area around 745 and got lucky to be about 3 rows from the rails, by 8 it was pretty full and we were asked to scoot closer to each other.

Thank you so much! I got very lucky and was able to snag Blue Bayou for lunch on our first pre-day at DL, so I will ask for the package!

Can’t quickly find if it’s been mentioned here - the last night this year for the Main Street Electrical Parade is September 1st. Might be worth a call to AbD to see if adventures after that date will include a Fantasmic viewing.

They chose MSEP instead of Fantasmic in our case. Fireworks were after in same spot where we watched MSEP :) I liked both but did catch MSEP multiple times walking around the next couple of days. I think Fantasmic is a little harder to get a good spot.

I really wish they would do Fantasmic instead of MSEP. Or I am mostly annoyed that they aren't clear on what is included. I get that that is a go with the flow trip but as this will be our first ABD it is hard to be disappointed before we even have left. If we knew Fantasmic wasn't included we would have booked a dining package. Now with 2 weeks to go I will either have to stalk for a dining reservation or miss the show. I have no plans to just go and try to see it. If I wanted that kind of trip I wouldn't have booked the ABD.

I really wish they would do Fantasmic instead of MSEP. Or I am mostly annoyed that they aren't clear on what is included. I get that that is a go with the flow trip but as this will be our first ABD it is hard to be disappointed before we even have left. If we knew Fantasmic wasn't included we would have booked a dining package. Now with 2 weeks to go I will either have to stalk for a dining reservation or miss the show. I have no plans to just go and try to see it. If I wanted that kind of trip I wouldn't have booked the ABD.

I, too, thought Fantasmic was included (I think I read it in a trip report as I don't think it's mentioned on the itinerary, so the assumption was definitely on my part). I would suggest trying to book Blue Bayou as it seemed to be easier to book than River Belle Terrace. It seems you can make a regular reservation and then ask for the Fantasmic voucher package once seated in the restaurant. If you can't find a reservation, I have had very good luck with Mouse Dining alerts.

I, too, thought Fantasmic was included (I think I read it in a trip report as I don't think it's mentioned on the itinerary, so the assumption was definitely on my part). I would suggest trying to book Blue Bayou as it seemed to be easier to book than River Belle Terrace. It seems you can make a regular reservation and then ask for the Fantasmic voucher package once seated in the restaurant. If you can't find a reservation, I have had very good luck with Mouse Dining alerts.
It varies from trip to trip, depending on what the guides can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter