Southbound I-95 closed for 70 miles due to Flooding in SC!

katybugsmom

DIS Veteran
Disboard friends,
If you are driving down to Florida via I-95, you will need to take a detour from the I-20 exit outside of Florence, SC to the I-26 exit. It is approximately 70 miles between these exits. I-95 is closed due to flooding!!! I have heard the detour is I-77, but not sure. I am I am in Summerville, SC near Charleston. We haven't been in school since last Thursday! Please be safe as you travel through SC!

Has there been any update or idea when the roads will be cleared? Traveling Thursday/Friday timeframe.
TIA

Still closed, the rivers are still rising even though the rain stopped (all that water has to go somewhere).
South Carolina Dept. of Transportation has a page up for it http://www.scdot.org/getting/StormResources.aspx Showing the detour around by Columbia, and all the closures. That page estimates Friday for a reopening, but it's changing constantly.

Still closed, the rivers are still rising even though the rain stopped (all that water has to go somewhere).
South Carolina Dept. of Transportation has a page up for it http://www.scdot.org/getting/StormResources.aspx Showing the detour around by Columbia, and all the closures. That page estimates Friday for a reopening, but it's changing constantly.
Thanks, I will check out the detour and hope for the best.

For those coming in from the NE, wouldn't the inland route be better?

81-77-26-95?

Sounds like you pick up I-95 right at the end of the detour.

This is the area where we usually stop overnight, Manning or Santee. Interested to hear how these areas recover, some of the hotels/restaurants may be closed for a while if they had severe flooding.

Of course, the one year we decide to drive, lol
A have a few weeks, hope that everything gets cleaned up by then. Feel so sorry for those people. We've lived through horrendous flooding when I was a child. So sad for them having to live through this.

Just in...I-95 has opened up partially at Exit 119S-Manning Exit. Other parts of I-95 are still being inspected. We are expecting major river flooding within the next few days, so the worst isn't over yet. You will still need to detour from the I-20 Exit in Florence County. SCDOT can be found online with up-to-date information. Stay safe DISERS!!!

My wife and I were going to take a short vacation in historic Charleston next week, after watching the news and weather channel we're going to cancel. However, I found it "interesting" that when we called the hotel they made it sound like everything was fine. I understand they don't want people to cancel but don't you think that's a bit extreme ??? I would have quicker to re-book if we had gotten a little honesty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter