SouthAlabama5er's Pre Trip & Trip Report 2/14 - 2/21

SouthAlabama5er

DIS Veteran
Well it's time I try my hand at a TR. My wife Alana, my 7 year old stepson DW and I are excited about our upcoming trip to the Fort. We have some long time family friends traveling with us on their first trip to WDW, they wanted to go with someone who as been before. We have four day park tickets and the other days we will be spending time at the Fort. We are taking two fifthwheels. I talked to a CM about two premium sites together, so hopefully it works out, maybe even get a chance to meet the famous RustyScupper,

Working offshore in Gulf crew changing is never set in stone, I might get off on time or a day late, so taking that into consideration 5 weeks ago while I was home I loaded some stuff up in our fifthwheel in case I had a late crewchange. I am set to crewchange tomorrow at noon on time so I figured I'd go ahead and start my pretrip report.

We are going to try to leave home around 1AM Saturday to check around 11am. So it's gonna be a busy couple of days for us. Gotta change oil in my truck, pull out the camper and load a few more things, wash the truck and trailer, and a dentist appointment early Thrusday. My lovely wife went grocery shopping Sunday, and loaded them in the camper (one less thing on the list).

More updates to follow, I'm going to try doing everything from my Samsung Note 4. I'm hoping this TR goes as good as some of the local DIS legends such as Snowmedic's, Tiggerdad's and Bama Ed's just to name a few,

Hey 5er,

Good to have spoken to you earlier in the day. Hope the info helped you out. You guys have a safe and fun trip. Your friend is gonna have a busy time, leaving from here in my hometown of Meridian and heading down to you around Mobile and then heading on towards the Fort. You guys take it easy and arrive safe.

Post when you can, but remember: Vacation first, post second.

P.S.
You and Ed have picked some good pics for your avatars. I guess I could use Burt Reynolds for mine, but you guys got the two best ones from the movie, so I'll leave mine as is.

20150104_142343_zpsmy13nicm.jpg
Loading up when I was home last,

Glad the crew change went as planned. As a former Commercial Diver I know how those plans change in a minute, or that phone call when you least need it. Enjoy the Fort, don't use up all the Pixie dust as we are headed down in 17 days. :earsboy:

YA! :jumping1:

Another TR to keep me going through the winter. Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) your adventure. My family would have my head if I only had 4 day tickets for a 7 day stay. Even on "Fort" days, we like to go to one of the parks for a little while.

Have a safe trip!

j

Thank yall for the well wishes., Well I got up early this morning, packed my clothes up, now I'm sitting here patiently waiting for my relief Captain to show up for crewchange, I keep going over this mental list of stuff I got to do.

Checking my email I had a email from Disney saying that our magic bands will be at our resort and to pick them up at check in. I don't know why we didn't receive them in the mail? I hope this is the only gitch we have. Our last trip was something else, I lost my wallet while riding bikes around the Fort, it was found and returned along with the money and credit cards, the next day we (my wife) locked us out of the camper. We had to break into it, talking about getting some weird looks from fellow campers as they walked by. I fixed that from happening again, I had a spare key made and keep it hidden outside the camper. Hopefully this trip won't have any of these adventures.

I'll have a four hour drive home from Louisana, I am going to try to make it home in time to pull the camper out for the barn up to the house before dark.

Think while I'm waiting I'm gonna write a list of things to do...

Careful with that list Randy, those things can get out of control in a hurry.

Made it off the boat and through New Orleans, traffic wasn't bad. Stopped in Slidell the New Orleans Seafood and Hamburger Company, always some good food.

Tiggerdad, your right I had to cut my list down, it was getting outta hand.

Hope you have a safe and fun trip without issues. I wish I could follow you but I'm chest deep in Mardi Gras downtown. Keep us posted.

Good luck, Randy/5er/Snowman. Whatever you can tell us about in a trip report would be nice but don't take time away from friends and family. Pretty soon you will be "Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin', we're gonna do what they say can't be done..."

As far as tiggerdad being The Bandit, that's an obvious match.

Safe travels, buddy.

Bama Ed

20150211_175109_zpshpnsr1vk.jpg

Made it home around 4, went and got my hair cut and had just enough day light left to pull out the camper like I wanted. It and my truck are in desperate need of a bath. I'm try to knock that out in the morning before my dentist appointment. Now time to kick back and relax with my family.

Nice Rig, sleeps what like 20 ?? Glad you were able to get home and get it moved like you wanted. Have a safe trip and will be awaiting the TR updates.

Wow, that is a nice rig you have there. :thumbsup2 I'm with Teamubr, another TR to get me through the winter. We keep getting TR's and before I know it I will be doing my own for Sept. Have a safe and relaxing trip.

Yea, it didn't look that big when we bought it. We pulled up in the yard and I told my wife, "I think we might have over done it a little", she agreed.

Nice rig. We just looked at a Sandpiper at the RV show. My DW keeps wanting me to look at the center bunk room models. Sandpiper has one of the better few. Sucker is almost 43 ft long though. That's as long as the race team's toy hauler and you can't fit a Miata in it.

j

Nice rig. We just looked at a Sandpiper at the RV show. My DW keeps wanting me to look at the center bunk room models. Sandpiper has one of the better few. Sucker is almost 43 ft long though. That's as long as the race team's toy hauler and you can't fit a Miata in it.

j

We've had pretty good luck with our Sandpiper, it's a 376BHOK a rear bunk house. It's a shade over 43ft. Our old fifthwheel was a 28ft Cardinal, is was setup for couple. We like this setup because now my son has the whole back in to his self, he's not camped out on the couch. On days when it's raining he can stay back there and watch TV or play with a few toys he brings. With me being home off work for two weeks at a time and my wife being a school teacher and off all summer we do a lot of camping so we figured the bigger trailer would be better. It's a little harder to get in and out of some campgrounds but I haven't been some where I couldn't fit so far. We love the 300 loop at the Fort but think it may be a little tight.

I'm going to get up early in the morning and wash the camper, don't think I wanna wait til Friday, they're giving the lows to be in the 20's. Then on to the dentist and picking up oil and fuel filters for the truck tomorrow afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter