Sounds Dangerous Used To Be -

Texian@WDW

DIS Veteran
Murder She Wrote? Is that right? DH and I were trying to remember. We liked the Murder She Wrote Show, but I couldn't remember if it was at Univ. Studios. or MGM.

I dont remember the exact name, but it wasn't Murder She Wrote. It starred Chevy Chase.

I thought it starred Bette Midler?:confused: A short film called "The Lottery."

I remember it as being the Monster Sound Show, where audience members had to do the sound effects (Foley work) for a movie clip w/Chevy Chase which was then played back with humorous results.

Bette Midler - Lottery - was part of a behind the scenes tour (Backlot?) where they showed the set where all the effects were filmed. Also had a segment where two kids rode on a HISTK bee.

Erick

I think DrTomorrow is right. What was in Sounds Dangerous was a different attraction devoted to sound. It wasn't all that good, since you just got to watch some volunteer have fun and mess up the sound effects. The Bette Midler thing was when the backstage walking tour used to be a lot longer.

The attraction was orginally the Monster Sound Show and had guests who were pulled out of the audience adding sound to a comedic spoof of a horror movie. The film stared Chevy Chase and Martain Short. After that, if became ABC Sound Studio, which use the same premise of the first attraction, but replaced the film with a 101 Dalmatians-themed cartoon. After that, it became Sounds Dangerous.

Sounds Dangerous was "Disney's Saturday Morning", where kids could do the effects.

Before that it was the "Monster Sound Show" with Chevy Chase as a traveling salesman and Martin Short as a "loaner" who hated traveling salesmen.

Murder she Wrote was at USF which then became the Hercules and Zena show and now the facility sits vacant and has been for several years.

Funny, but it seems every attraction that was housed in that building, starting with the Monster Sound Show, has been pretty lame. :(

When we went to MSS, they picked four teens, including our son (14 YO at the time). It was a hoot to watch him scramble with the foley devices. However, it was a lot more lame when we didn't know any of the victims - it also had a low repeatability factor.

I do love the booths you can go in after the show. They are soundproof and you listen to a story through headphones. Sounds so real the hair on your neck raises!

I've been told that those booths are also popular for, ahem, more personal interaction. Planning on giving DW a smooch or two in October. :smooth:

hehe DrTomorrow!! That's a great idea! but I do love that audio experience, I guess you would call it....so weird how real it feels!

I loved Monster Sound Stage! I was so dissapointed with the Drew Carey show that replaced it. I laughed my butt off both time I saw it--especially when my DH was picked to do the effects.

The Pre-show for Monster Sound starred David Letterman (MGM opened during the period of time when GE/NBC and Disney were quite chummy).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter