Sound Sensitive Child - Fireworks - HELP

What about watching from the Contemporary? If you go straight out the back doors on the level with the shops, there's a nice open rooftop area. Great view and they pipe in the music, but you can't hear the booms. And if she still got scared, it's just a couple of steps to the inside of the building. She could even still see, but perhaps feel more protected, if you stood underneath the monorail track, sort of enclosed against the building.

I haven't been around during the fireworks for a while so I can't remember if you feel a reverberation from the booms.

To the OP, is the feeling of the boom from the fireworks something that also bothers your daughter?

Seconding the suggestion to watch from another resort....

One of our kids has issues with this, too - we have tried with earmuffs and stroller covering (when they were younger) but what works best for us now is to watch from the beach at Fort Wilderness (we used to watch from the beach at the Polynesian or from the terrace at the Contemporary, but we always stay at Fort Wilderness now so that works better for us!) You could also watch from the TTC or take water transportation during that time to/from one of the resorts and then just take it back to MK again....

We have many lovely memories of watching fireworks from the resorts, now - we get a Disney themed snack and relax and the kids can play - bonus is watching the Electrical Water Pageant afterwards!

Hello all.
My daughter, 11, will be going to WDW in about a month. We have been a NUMBER of times with her, and the fireworks are always an issue. … Her 4-year-old brother, myself, and my husband love the fireworks shows. So we do not want to miss it.

Thanks in advance.
Technically there’s 2 right answers to this.
You could put your daughter into the Carousel of Progress before the fireworks begin and then the rest of you go watch them without her.

Option 2 is you could behave like a family and one of her caring parents will sacrifice a 15 minute show so that she’s not alone on vacation.

Ideas: dessert party and stay in the back of the covered area; fireworks cruise; beach of the Poly might be far enough away,

Also, I’m trying to remember the bathroom layout of Rapunzel and near Beasts castle— can you hang out in the entryway and watch the fireworks.

Again another vote for actual shooting ear protection, they are of course multi use for anything loud but personally we have done kid sized ones for DD that worked great...we have since moved on to letting her use my wifes "active ears" which are shooting headphones with an external microphone and speakers inside, it allows you to carry a normal conversation and you can hear everything through the speakers but when a sharp loud noise happens the microphone cuts and it functions as a normal earmuffs and when the boom is done the microphone turns back on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter