• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sound machine and clock for cruise

I brought this one on board the wonder last week.

I put it in my checked luggage. I don’t know if it was inspected or not but it was in our bags when we got them and we used it all week for our 2 and 6 year olds who are used to sleeping with white noise.
Thanks for this thread. My daughter cannot sleep without her "woosh" this one However, we didn't take it on the cruise because the first time we forgot and she did ok. Now though she is completely dependent on it and even apps do not work. The problem with our upcoming trip is suitcase space is limited and this thing is not light.

Does yours sound like a fan or static?

Thanks for this thread. My daughter cannot sleep without her "woosh" this one However, we didn't take it on the cruise because the first time we forgot and she did ok. Now though she is completely dependent on it and even apps do not work. The problem with our upcoming trip is suitcase space is limited and this thing is not light.

Does yours sound like a fan or static?
it has multiple sounds, "white noise" which is pretty much static, ocean, rainfall, heartbeat and maybe another one or 2 I don't remember offhand.

Our experience bringing sound machines has varied. For a long time it was no big deal at all. Then, all of a sudden, the sound machine we use (just like the one @darnheather shared) was confiscated as being unsafe. That happened on two different cruises, 2 different cruise lines, so we switched to a portable battery powered one we found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Then that one got confiscated because they said it was used to burn incense (it wasn't). So, now we use a sleep sounds app on a cell phone. Hopefully nobody starts confiscating cell phones!

Our experience bringing sound machines has varied. For a long time it was no big deal at all. Then, all of a sudden, the sound machine we use (just like the one @darnheather shared) was confiscated as being unsafe. That happened on two different cruises, 2 different cruise lines, so we switched to a portable battery powered one we found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Then that one got confiscated because they said it was used to burn incense (it wasn't). So, now we use a sleep sounds app on a cell phone. Hopefully nobody starts confiscating cell phones!
Thanks for the additional input. I will let her know that it could be confiscated and we'll have apps on phones just in case. She has autism spectrum disorder and the sound machine is one of her security objects but I won't fight about it if they feel it is dangerous for the cruise.

No clock in the room - bring a battery operated one if you want one. I use the Ambiance app on my phone for white noise.

When I did online check in it said sound machines could be presented to be approved to use on board. Does anyone have experience with what gets approved? Or with bringing a clock on board?

I know there will be a clock in the room but our kids are trained to sleep with an okay to wake clock that turns green when they are allowed to get out of bed. I think this will be especially important as we are going from east coast to west for this cruise and this will help with the time change.
We bring the Hatch sound machine and plug it into the desk by the TV with no issues.

No clock in the room - bring a battery operated one if you want one. I use the Ambiance app on my phone for white noise.
Which ship? I know it has been awhile since I sailed but we always had a clock on the Magic and Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter