Soufflé

I don’t believe there are any other restaurant that have soufflés. So sad. I had hoped to have one but it looks like they have been removed.

I don’t believe there are any other restaurant that have soufflés. So sad. I had hoped to have one but it looks like they have been removed.
Thanks for the response! I am not a steak fan so I was hoping somewhere else would serve it. That’s too bad.

Other options:
  • Appetizer(s)/soup/salad/side(s), the dessert;
  • Eat your meal in a restaurant with food you like, then head to Shul's just for dessert;
  • Heck with a meal, you're on vacation, just have dessert!
  • Wait for the Food & Wine booths/menus to be released and, if there is any souffle, go then!

California Grill used to have very good one, but they have been off the menu close to 10 years at least.
Not aware of anywhere else.
Have not seen them at F&W, but could have missed them.
The option of going there just for dessert works.

They don't serve them at F&W booths. It would be a logistical nightmare, if not an impossibility. The exact timing issues are also why they don't serve them at Disney-run restaurants...their desserts are mostly just assembled/finished, not prepared a la minute.

V&A used to have excellent soufflés (loved the Grand Marnier one). They seem to be another casualty of the new format, too.

Dinner at Il Mulino, bluezoo or Kimonos, followed by a soufflé at Shula's sounds like nice evening.

This just made me miss the one that Cali Grill used to have. That and the steak and onion flatbread they had were can’t miss dishes.

But yeah, if you’re more of a seafood or Italian fan, you can do blue zoo or Il Mulino for dinner then Shula for dessert and you won’t be disappointed. Both are top notch. BZ is one of my favorite seafood restaurants anywhere and I live very close to an ocean.

They don't serve them at F&W booths. It would be a logistical nightmare, if not an impossibility. The exact timing issues are also why they don't serve them at Disney-run restaurants...their desserts are mostly just assembled/finished, not prepared a la minute.

V&A used to have excellent soufflés (loved the Grand Marnier one). They seem to be another casualty of the new format, too.

Dinner at Il Mulino, bluezoo or Kimonos, followed by a soufflé at Shula's sounds like nice evening.
Just a thought. The recipe for Shula's souffle uses cornstarch as a stabilizer so I doubt they are made to order as a classic a la minute souffle would be. More likely either a frozen base or repuffable method is used. The Four Seasons restaurant of the '80's and '90's served an ethereal souffle in a coffee cup and you had to order it in advance; lovely stuff.

Monsieur Paul had one in 2015, 2016 and 2017 but I was not back there last year. It was out of this world good.

Monsieur Paul had one in 2015, 2016 and 2017 but I was not back there last year. It was out of this world good.
Didn’t see this in their current menu but we do have a reservation for MP this trip anyway. Hope they do update and bring it back!! :)

Just a thought. The recipe for Shula's souffle uses cornstarch as a stabilizer so I doubt they are made to order as a classic a la minute souffle would be. More likely either a frozen base or repuffable method is used. The Four Seasons restaurant of the '80's and '90's served an ethereal souffle in a coffee cup and you had to order it in advance; lovely stuff.
Maybe I’ll just get my soufflé here at home! I wish we could go to Palo’s for dinner on the cruise but would like to spend evenings with the little one!

Just another thought...reread my post and you'll notice that I didn't say anything about how Shula's prepares their soufflés, just that Disney-run places don't do them at all.

I'm not sure what your budget is but Victoria & Albert's has a souffle as one of the choices

I could be mistaken (and hope I am), but I believe V&A no longer gives you a choice of dessert. It is a set format (other than dietary restrictions). Their soufflés were excellent.

Just another thought...reread my post and you'll notice that I didn't say anything about how Shula's prepares their soufflés, just that Disney-run places don't do them at all.

I could be mistaken (and hope I am), but I believe V&A no longer gives you a choice of dessert. It is a set format (other than dietary restrictions). Their soufflés were excellent.

Thought you were commenting on the different methods to make a souffle (a la minute is the original) but guess you were just using the term in a general manner.

Went to V+A twice in the last months of 2018; only one dessert listed but of course you still get the chocolates selection.

Maybe I’ll just get my soufflé here at home! I wish we could go to Palo’s for dinner on the cruise but would like to spend evenings with the little one!

I had to google Palo to find out what it's about. Sounds like it'll be a a great meal that in years to come you can enjoy with your little one :).
If I needed a chocolate souffle served with whipped cream and vanilla ice cream...heck, I'd be happy to give the one at Shula a try ;).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter