Soualiga Destinations

mama2mickeyfans

Mouseketeer
Looking for recommendations and info on Captain Bob's company on St. Maarten. With our itinerary changing from Tortola (where we had a catamaran sail booked with Aristocat Charters... sad to miss) I'm now looking for something similar in St. Maarten.
After some searching I have seen a lot of recs here and on the other site for Captain Bob, who I see is thankfully back up and operating.

Can you tell me more, is it a set itinerary for Cruise passengers? Approximate rate? Is there food served or lunch stop etc..? What kind of boats? Easy to reach from pier? I didn't find the website to be very detailed, and I don't want to barrage him with emails as they're just getting back up and running.

Background -Our party is myself, DH (Afraid of sharks, so will want to remain on boat), my mom (not a snorkeler but a good sport who just needs shade) and kids 5 and 8.

We attempted a self guided driving tour of St. Maarten in 2013 and will never do that again!! Holy traffic batman. So hopefully seeing the island from the water will be an improvement. :)

There is a standard itinerary they use, but they're flexible depending on conditions. Lunch is included, at a lunch stop, on a beach, on real plates. It's $119 for anyone over age 6, and also includes beer on board.

I've been emailing with Captain Bob and he is very helpful and answers questions promptly. I would not worry about sending emails. This is his bread and butter, and answering questions is his path to revenue.

The boats do not appear to have much shade, though, so that may be an issue for you. They're using boats with a max capacity of 17.

I emailed them today- our Jan 27 sailing switched and I am in search of something I can do with my 11 month old in tow! I haven't heard back yet but I bet he will get bombarded with emails today

I have already heard back from Bob and paid him! We also had to cancel with Aristocat. Capt. Bob's tour looks amazing, too. I went from being really disappointed to very happy with the change.

I emailed him today too. He promptly responded with a detailed email that included links to some videos of his tours. We were also booked with Aristocat. Captain Bobs tour sounds promising!

Kelly

Past reviewers say that sometimes there are sea turtles and iguanas, so that's cool.

Captain Bob’s around the island Beach/Snorkeling Boat Tour is the best cruise excursion we’ve ever taken. They hit all the best snorkeling spots and beaches, serve a good lunch in a beautiful location and even get you under a plane landing at Princess Juliana International Airport. Well worth the money.

Martin

We’re another party who was booked with aristocat & are now booked with captain bob. Helped turn a bummer situation to something to be hopeful for again. Hopefully it’s just as good!

We used them in 2015 while on a Carnival Cruise, they were fantastic for our group of 4 adults, 2 tweens and a toddler. Some pictures:152.jpg 155.jpg 474.jpg 478.jpg 477.jpg 483.jpg 475.jpg 482.jpg

@kylieC thanks so much for sharing! We booked Captain Bob and will be taking our baby who will be almost one. I have been pretty nervous about how he would do on the boat! He didn't seem to think it would be an issue at all but I worry it will be too rough

Captain Bob is awesome. We went with him a few years ago when our son was 6. We had a great day! Good snorkeling, food was OK (I'm super picky and don't eat seafood or chicken on bones so I was limited with that. I knew that going though. That's on me, not them! My son was the same. We just made sure to have snacks for him. ) and the boat ride was a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter