• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry to Ask for Prayers, But Mom/Aunt Had an accident

cotye

<font color=green>Resident Mariah Expert<br><font
Just a bit anxious from hearing that my mom and aunt were involved in a car accident this morning. My aunt and mom were going to the doctors for an appointment this morning. My aunt was trying to park the car and somehow she lost control of the vehicle and it mounted the curb and crashed into a tree. I know this might be a trivial matter.... but my whole family was really upset by this.

Thankfully, they're ok, but the car looks pretty much totalled. Not sure if they can fix this, or if it's worth our while to buy a new car. Anyways, I feel terribly guilty for this. Cause my mom can't drive now as she's blind in one eye (three retinal operations later) and my aunt is approaching her mid-60s and not as alert as she used to be behind the wheel. I went out with friends to the beach today. I didn't feel like going and something was telling me not to go and I kept insisting that I not go. But it was one of my friend's birthdays and they managed to talk me into it. I just wish I didn't go, cause I would've driven them to the doctor's this morning, had I not gone. And this has happened. SIGH.... I really should have been there for my mom and aunt.. knowing that my mom can't get around much.... :(

Just been so anxious ever since I returned home today and I can't seem to sit still. Keep getting up and walking around and fidgeting. SIGH, do you mind sending some of the good stuff our way? :( :(

Sorry to bug you guys like this.

Sorry to hear this news. Just remember you can't be everywhere. this is how Mom's feel all the time when their kids get hurt...we always feel like we should have been there to protect them, but in reality you can't. It was an accident, it could have happened at any time.

Glad both are ok.[[[[hugs to all]]]]

Kevin, I'll be saying a prayer for your mom and aunt and YOU! You sound guilty over something that you really shouldn't. It's OK. Accidents happen and the main thing is they are all right. You sound like a really wonderful son. How blessed is she?!!

Kevin- pixie dust to your mom and your aunt and{{{hugs}}} to you. Please don't blame yourself:( I hope they are better soon.

Kevin, I'm sending a ton of positive thoughts your way! You have a LOT on your plate these days with the new job, and you are a caring and responsible person..........and I understand why you are feeling the way you do. But you know, if you HAD stayed home from the beach and HAD driven to the doctor, who's to say what would or would not have happened?? What if you'd stayed home but your friends got in an accident going to the beach? I mean...you can drive yourself crazy with what ifs!! ;)
I'm glad eveyone is OK...hang in there buddy!!

wow kev, i will be thinking about your family. i hope you're doing well; haven't talked to you for a while. :)

Hey Kev!! It is never ever a bother. Sending your mom and aunt lots of PD and prayers. Sending you a huge hug.

They're both okay and that's what's important. Don't blame yourself, you didn't do anything wrong. (((hugs)))

Don't beat up on yourself, Kevin. Accidents do happen and you can't look in hindsigt and say 'what if'. My best for your mom and aunt, along with my prayers. Hope the car replacement goes smoothly. Take care, Kevin. :sunny:

Awww, I will keep them in my thoughts and say a prayer for them. I'm sure they were shaken by today's event, but I am glad to hear they will be alright. :) Kevin, lots of {{{{Hugs}}}} to you. No one knows what could have or have not happened had you been driving. Please know that it was not your fault! :D

Kevin,

My thoughts go to your mom and aunt and you.

Kevin, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom & Aunt. Don't beat yourself up for that though. Accidents do happen and you can't blame yourself for this at all. I will keep your mom and aunt in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin, give yourself a break. You are a very caring son, you don't need to blame yourself for this. It happened, they're alright.
I'll say a prayer and send some pixie dust to them and your family. But I'm also sending some to you. Take a breath, relax, you can't be everywhere at once. You need to have some fun too. Or you will burn yourself out.
{{{hugs}}}

Sorry to hear about your mom and aunt, Kevin. Glad they are going to be fine. Don't go feeling guilty, it will just make you feel worse. Just think of the happy side, that no one was hurt.:D I will be keeping them in my thoughts.:D

Lots of prayers and big hugs headed your way. Keep us up to date on how they're doing.

Kevin, quit beating yourself up about it. You never know, you might've been in the accident this morning if you had been with them and things could've been more serious. Don't feel guilty.

I hope they continue to be ok.{{hugs}}

**pd** and prayers being sent/said.

{{{HUGS}}} Try not to feel guilty about what happened, although that is a completely natural reaction, even though it wasn't your fault. I will be praying for you and your family.

I'm sorry about the accident. Thank God they were not injured. Please don't beat yourself up about not driving them, you can't be there all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter