Sorry, Here I Go Again..... Another Question

The Jurassic Park playground is huge. Animal Actors show. Dr. Seuss rides. Perhaps Minions, Shrek, and Jimmy Fallon. Talking Fountain. They might have fun spraying people that are riding Popeye.

Maybe suggest to the person that is paying to save the money on the Universal tickets and give that family the money to do things like play mini golf and see a movie at Citywalk. They could Uber to the Orlando Eye or even Disney if they don't have a car. If you are staying on Universal property they could pool hop to the five different pools.

With a big group like that it's hard to keep everyone happy. I hope it all works out and you have an excellent trip!

Oh, and don't let it ruin your first time to UO!!!

Two of the people in our party keep asking me questions about Universal. Weird, because they know I have never been. The couple who is asking me questions went before they had kids. Now they have kids ages 10 and 12.

Here is the deal and please be honest. (I am basing this on conversations I have had with them and videos on YouTube)

• They are not interested in anything related to Harry Potter. (convictions, so it is not an option) - I am a Christian and do not agree with witchcraft, sorcery, etc. I do not watch the HP movies. However, I did two of the attractions. Why you may ask? They are just rides. I walked through Diagon Alley, rode the train, etc. I was not convicted by it. My husband was and he skipped all but Hippogriff. I did not have to participate in spells or anything of the sort. The areas were well-done as far as architecture goes and therefore I wanted to have a look at it.
  • The Mummy is too scary for their kids and I believe they would have convictions about it. - I skipped this due to personal convictions. Yeah, seems weird after my last comment, but this was too far past my "just a ride" zone.
  • Kong is probably too scary for their youngest child. - this can be scary for smaller children. The queue was almost more than I could bare, due to those convictions I mentioned. It was uncomfortable for my family for sure. The ride was fine though. But, it would scare smaller children, especially those scared of everything.
  • The kids do not like coasters or any BIG thrills. - there will still be things for them to do. The 3D and 4D shows are so well done. They can do transformers, spiderman, Jurassic River Adventure, etc.
  • They do not allow their children to watch Simpsons.
  • Transformers and Spiderman might be too much for their kids. - IMO, probably not. Have their parents try it first. These are quite mild.
  • The kids love the water, but not wet rides really.
  • Jurassic Park dinosaurs scare the youngest (probably not the Pteranadon Flyers attraction)
  • Their youngest child is scared of literally everything. Most Disney Villains scare him. He cannot watch the new Jungle Book, he is scared of the Beast in Beauty and the Beast, some of the Marvel characters are scary to him and he generally only watches cartoons or movies with dogs in it.

Is there going to be anything at all for this family to do and enjoy in the Universal Parks?

I responded within your question. See the red replies. :)

My 7-year-old rode The Mummy about 10 times, Kong 4, all HP rides about 5 each. She would have done RRR and Hulk but pesky height. They seem to be doing a disservice to their children. She liked Transformers but wished it was Power Rangers. I feel like these poor kids are going to be targeted as they get older because there isn't any exposure or they are going to be the kids that are isolated because they cant hold conversations about pop culture with their peers. Glad it worked out in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter