• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry for not being around much

cotye

<font color=green>Resident Mariah Expert<br><font
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and give you an update of my new job and my move to Toronto.

The move went fine and I was busy unpacking and trying to find room for all my junk. SIGH. In any case, I started work last Tuesday and it's been hectic ever since.

Much to my surprise, the department has been decimated in the past few months because of other employees on long-term disability, maternity leave, stress/sick leave and leaving for other employment opportunities. It's not to say that this place is bad or anything. It's just coincidence that the manager has had to go for a stomach operation, one guy's mother is quite sick while another lady won't be returning till October from maternity leave. And it seems everyone in Toronto wants a planning approval for something or other. So it's been quite a mess lately.

There's a massive backlog in planning development applications. People screaming for approvals and permits to build everything from pools to decks to sheds (we have an interest in floodplains and making sure your home doesn't get flooded) :) However, my job has been mainly on the policy side of things and helping to refine it and develop it. I've attended more meetings during the past two weeks than I have in a lifetime. I always wondered how people could sit in a 5 hour meeting and now I know. SNORE-fest. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I've been really busy trying to help this department get back on its feet and haven't had much time to DIS. I certainly can't DIS from work it seems and by the time I get home, I'm exhausted.

So I just wanted to let you guys know you might not see a whole lot of me. However, I promise to check in time to time to see if you're all behaving. ;) I'm really sorry... :(

And to all those birthday, post milstones, anniversaries, big events and other miscealleneous happenings - well, congrats, happy birthday, happy anniversary, way to go, reach for the stars and so on. LOL... Well hope everything is going well with you all. See 'ya!!! :)

hi Kevin:wave: Hope things calm done at work for you!

:wave: Hi Kevin thanks for checking in. I was about to post a "missing Diser" thread about you:) Sorry things are so hectic but I am sure you are happy to be out of the old workplace. Please drop by as often as you can.:wave:

Yeah, Kevin - I think there was an APB out for you! Funny how RL can interfere with our fun!
(DH says he could get a whole lot of work done if it weren't for meetings!)
Hang in there!

Nice to see you Kevin, hope youa re taking a bit of time of some R and R too! You know, I was thinkinig of maybe building a place off the Don Valley for dis meets.....do you think it would take long for a permit ;

Hey Kevin! Nice to hear from you. Just take care and visit when you can.....:D

I don't really have anything to say, except that we were in Toronto three weeks ago. What a great city!!! Didn't get to spend enough time there. Hope you really enjoy your work there. Sounds interesting.

Hi Kevin, So nice to see you again! Now don't become all work and no play!;)

TC:cool:

I miss you. I hope things calm down so you can find some more time to DIS. :)

:wave: Hi Kevin

Sounds like you had to hit the ground running on the new job. Just an opportunity for you to SHINE! :sunny:

Do what you need to do... but come hang with us on weekends okay?!

Miss ya, Kevin. Good Luck at your new job. :D Guess I won't see too many coyotes around.... ;) :teeth:

Good to see you Kevin! So sorry to hear work is so hectic. I hope things calm down for you sometime soon. Check in whenever you can :)

Good to see you Kevin! :wave: I've missed you! Hope you can check in from time to time! :)

I'm glad things are alright with you. You know that we miss you and worry about you when you're not here. {{{HUGS}}}

Hey Kevin, good to see you! :wave: Yeah, there was an APB out for you a few days ago... Where's Cotye?

Sounds like you've certainly been busy at your new job, but hopefully it will be good in the long run since you were able to get into it so fast (like it or not :p ) and get up to speed.

Do check in when you can! :) Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter