Sorry! ANOTHER crocs question...how do you clean them?

hygienejean

Diser since 2002!
MY 3 kiddos have crocs and the older two have gotten theirs so rotten dirty! I have used soap and water and even my trusty Mr. Clean sponge and so far NO luck!

Any tricks to cleaning these little buggers? (and the jibbitz too)

Thanks!

I've put my little guys (and my) Crocs in the washing machine with the clothes. It seems to do a pretty good job, although it does make the load squeak!

Kiwi Select Sport Fast-Acting Cleaner

It's a spray can. You just spray on, wait 10 seconds, and wipe off. It shows tennis shoes on the can, but the store where I buy my crocs promotes it for cleaning them and it works great!

MY 3 kiddos have crocs and the older two have gotten theirs so rotten dirty! I have used soap and water and even my trusty Mr. Clean sponge and so far NO luck!

Any tricks to cleaning these little buggers? (and the jibbitz too)

Thanks!

I take an old toothbrush and toothpaste to clean ours. They come out clean AND minty fresh!!!

I tried washing them in the washer, at the suggestion of my sister, but all they did was float on top! I even tried tying them to something to get them to sink, but they just popped right back up! I couldn't figure out how my sister did it, then I remembered she had a front loading washer!

I use Scrubbing Bubbles cleanser on them. Put them in your sink, make sure they are wet, spray Scrubbing Bubbles on them and let them sit for a few minutes, then wash and rinse.

The person at the Crocs Cart in the mall where we bought ours said to put them in the dishwasher. I have the white ones. They were brownish when they went in and sparkling white when they came out.:banana: :banana:

Hope it helps.

Well, I'm a germaphobe so I don't wash shoes in the washer and definitely not in the dishwasher. :crazy2:

So, to clean mine with the hose outside. Sprayed with a bleach/water solution, the dirt and grime should come right off!

The average dishwasher is between 160 and 170 degrees. It will kill pretty much anything you put in there. Add the harsh detergents and there would be virtually no chance of any contamination.

Just think about how grimy your TV remote control must be. Now putting Crocs in the dishwasher seems down right sanitary!! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I'm all for keeping the germs at bay, but I do the dishwasher trick as well. I toss them in with anything else that needs a good cleaning. Then, after they are done, I run a load with bleach.

My friend taught me that you can refresh the crocs with a spray of Armor-all.

I read elsewhere that to get them shiny and nice again (after you've cleaned them) use Armor All wipes on them. Only on the top though...you'll be slipping everywhere if you get it on the bottoms. :goodvibes

Last yr I put the boy's crocs in the dishwasher and they "shrunk". Boys were so upset. Ended up buying new ones.

I haven't tried the dishwasher or washer yet, although I think I will next time. I have been soaking them in oxyclean and then gentlyh rubbing with a washcloth. If some dirt still remains, I use a magic eraser on it. Generally the soaking gets the majority of the dirt off. I LOVE the easy clean up (DD loves getting dirty on a daily basis).

I use Scrubbing Bubbles cleanser on them. Put them in your sink, make sure they are wet, spray Scrubbing Bubbles on them and let them sit for a few minutes, then wash and rinse.

I just did this - they look brand new!!! :thumbsup2 I love scrubbing bubbles and this is a great use for them!!! I used an old toothbrush since my dds' were sooooo dirty and a light color.... Thanks for the tip!

I have croc butter, but I think Armor-All would work just as well, and it's less expensive... plus I can just steal it out of DH's carwashing kit!!:rolleyes1

I just use soap and water and scrub them with a washcloth about once a week. They don't get clean as new but they sure look a lot better!

I just use soap and water and scrub them with a washcloth about once a week. They don't get clean as new but they sure look a lot better!

I guess many people aren't reading the FAQs from Crocs' website as it clearly states the following about cleaning shoes:

How do I care for my Crocs™ shoes?

Fit: to adjust your Crocs™ shoes, grasp the heel strap with both hands on either side of the ""crocs"" wording and gently stretch outwards from the middle until it retains the desired fit. For a customized fit that can be adjusted for any activity, use the crocs turbo strap.

Clean: keep your Crocs™ shoes clean by rinsing them with cold water and soap, or to bring them back to their original luster, try crocsbutter. Do NOT clean Crocs in the diswasher or washing machine.

Heat: do not expose your Crocs™ shoes to extreme heat or intense sunlight for an extended period of time. Due to the unique nature of the Croslite™ PCCR material, high temperatures can cause them to warp.
Grip: Crocs™ shoes are known for their great grip but like any performance tire, when the tread becomes worn, their grip becomes compromised. That's when you know it's time to treat yourself to a new pair.

I guess I'm confused about why people would think it's ok to expose Crocs' material to high heat from a dishwasher or washing machine?

Hope this info helps someone avoid melting or destroying their shoes, Tiger

I use a Mr. Clean magic eraser. It works really well, and takes all the dirt off!:goodvibes

The person at the Crocs Cart in the mall where we bought ours said to put them in the dishwasher. I have the white ones. They were brownish when they went in and sparkling white when they came out.:banana: :banana:

Hope it helps.

I love Dishwashers of cleaning toys, bottle brushes, the spnge, pans,.
The cleaner that is in the powder is amazing to break down all kinds of dirt. Especially when I burn the peas....Wet the pot and soak with the power GREAT STUFF>

dianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter