• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sorority girls!

Here at Penn we are the Nu chapter. I think Temple is the Xi chapter but I can't remember.

at least here for rush, pretty much everyone who wanted a bid got a bid, for the msot part. It was very nerveracking and just sooo stressful. Some girls were physically getting sick from worrying so much about Rush. I promise that no matter what happens, it all works out. The girls in the house know who will fit into their house. Also, there were houses I liked but wasn't invited back to and I was upset but now I'm totally over it. Those houses, i would have NEVER fit into in a lifetime and they knew that as well. SO go thru Rush and try to find the house you feel most comfortable with. It's hard to tell from the first round, even the second, the personality of the house but by the later rounds, it really begins to stand out and you can decide from there :)

Good Advice WDWfanatic288! I have a quick ?. So if you're in a sorority you have the National title of the group and then the chapter title of the group? It kind of confuses me that way. If any one could clarify I'd appreciate it :flower:

Another oldtimer here! Pledged Kappa Alpha Theta, Beta Lambda Chapter (William and Mary) in 1976. All these years later my closest friends are women who were my fellow Thetas in college. I am very involved in the alumni chapter where I live now and have met some awesome women of all ages that I love to hang out with.

When I was in college I would hear "Theta for a Lifetime" and it didn't really mean anything to me. Now almost 30 years later I understand that it isn't just for the years you are in college but for always. Congrats - I hope you have as many wonderful experiences as I did! :flower:

:goodvibes Again, another old timer but I pledged Kappa Delta and loved every minute of greek life. Congratulations and enjoy the most wonderful college experience to be had and revel in all the life long friends you'll make along the way. GO GREEK!!!!

To clarify for you cheerdancer, a sorority is known by its national name (ex. Phi Sigma Sigma). Each chapter (or each college group) is identified by a chapter name (ex. Gamma Gamma). It's kinda like I live in Pennsylvania, but specifically I live in Pittsburgh. In terms of sorority, I belong to Phi Sigma Sigma, but in Clarion University we're the Gamma Gamma chapter. Hope that helps!

Ok girls, here's a question. What do you think was the best part or best memory from being in a sorority? (Any sorority cause we're all fun! :) :grouphug: )

My best memory was our Feast of Roses dinner and the first chapter after initiation! We had never been allowed to see the chapter room before, so it was HUGE.

Ooh..and being a bridesmaid in my sis-mom's wedding. That was AWESOME.

Of course, all of the nights I spent watching Dawson's Creek and Gilmore Girls with 60 girls packed into the TV room weren't bad either. :) I miss being active and living in-house!

ADPi alumna here...I'm in a wedding in May for one of my sisters. Of her seven bridesmaids, SIX are sisters (the seventh is her cousin). In my wedding, three of five were sisters.

Some of my best memories were of living in the house. I lived there TWO YEARS (fresh/sophmores were required to live on campus the first two years).

My senior year, I was a Rho Chi (rush counselor) during rush. Out of my 12 girls, I only had to tell one she didn't get invited back to any rush parties. It was NO FUN, considering she was one of my favorites and a gorgeous girl. Guess the numbers just didn't work out. It was also sucky having to disassociate from the chapter during that week! Be nice to your Rho Chi! :lovestruc

Another old timer here. I pledged Kappa Delta in 1977. My fondest wish was for my little KD legacies to pledge my sorority. Instead, one went AOPi and the other is Phi Mu. They could've been KD's but wanted to make up their own minds. Greek is good!

Hi!
Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Beta Chapter here (pledged in 1988 :earseek: )!!
swatts1: Which school is your daughter an AOPi in?
I've stayed really involved over the years. I was a Rho Chi too....they are now officially Rho Gammas (Recruitment Guides), due to some snit made by a Pharmaceutical Fraternity called Rho Chi :sad2:. Right now, I am the co-Recruitment Advisor for my chapter. I loved the whole experience of being greek! I even met DH at a fraternity party!!! :rotfl: He's an Alpha Epsilon Pi!!

Have a blast!!
Lisa

:rotfl: I met my DF at a fraternity party too!! Then we got to know each other as we worked on our homecoming float!! It sounds really dorky, but it was so appropriate for me! :) He's a Phi Sigma Kappa and I'm a Phi Sigma Sigma... so we're both Phi Sigs. :)

Another Phi Sig here... Beta Omega alumnae. I was archon 2001-02, and am now the BW alumnae association liaison, BW ritual/vice archon advisor, and Portland Alumnae Chapter Archon.

A little reminder, "pledge" is not a correct term. It was new member, but new panhellenic rules are changing it again (see new book coming out) to new sister. The ladies are having fun with what that means for potentials...

And about Pledged... I read it, front to back, and I can tell you that a lot of the information is wrong. The stereotypes perpetuated are bad, but it is also interesting to hear what a "outsider" thinks. For the Phi Sigs, I was greatly amused that she said our password is LITP, which isn't even a secret.

Delta Delta Delta - can I help ya help ya help ya? I'm an alum but I just had to post. I loved my Greek experience so much! Definitely look into an alumni chapter when you graduate ladies! Enjoy every second. :earboy2:

Diva of Dragons, Sorry that I didn't see your post earlier. My daughter was AOPi at Vandy.

Hi, GypsyDoodleBug...Another Alpha Delta Pi here, Zeta Eta chapter...first and finest, baby!

Looking back, I never thought I would end up joining a sorority, I avoided formal rush like the plague my freshman year, and ended up getting a bid during the spring semester. Little did I know what a profound impact that my sorority and my sisters would have on my life...I ended up holding a number of offices, both within my own sorority and in Panhellenic Council, and also served as a Rho Chi my senior year. Dh is a fraternity man as well, a member of Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) and is still involved as their Purple Legionnaire, which is their advisor.

We wouldn't trade it for anything...and hopefully will have some little legacies to wear blue/white and purple one day!!!

Going Greek is smart decision...especially for freshman or transfers. Its a great way to make friends! I think its a shame how many stereotypes there are surrounding sororities! They really are wonderful!

Zeta Love,
Tiffany

Delta Gamma here! I just graduated in May and I can definitely say that pledging was one of the best decisions of my life.

I'd have to say my best memories are crying at all of the DG weddings I've gone to in the past two years! :goodvibes Also being the head of Recruitment (not rush, ladies :rotfl: ) for two years in a row. Some of the best times of my college experience :banana:

Go DeeGee!! :cool1:

MScott1851 said:
Hi, GypsyDoodleBug...Another Alpha Delta Pi here, Zeta Eta chapter...first and finest, baby!

Looking back, I never thought I would end up joining a sorority, I avoided formal rush like the plague my freshman year, and ended up getting a bid during the spring semester. Little did I know what a profound impact that my sorority and my sisters would have on my life...I ended up holding a number of offices, both within my own sorority and in Panhellenic Council, and also served as a Rho Chi my senior year. Dh is a fraternity man as well, a member of Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) and is still involved as their Purple Legionnaire, which is their advisor.

We wouldn't trade it for anything...and hopefully will have some little legacies to wear blue/white and purple one day!!!

I have a "little legacy" –– Bella! BTW: meeting a bunch of my sisters for dinner tonight!

I had to sneak over hear for this one.

Zeta Tau Alpha (now alum) from the U of N Florida.

Greek is Great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter