Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Mano22

Earning My Ears
We played this for the first time last year and the kids LOVED it. I know you need to use the same Magic band each time you play though, if you want to get further in the game. The other side of this coin is that my kids love getting new Magic Bands for a trip.

Can I order new bands, and then just keep both Magic Bands activated on MDE? Then use the new ones to get into the park etc, and use the old (yet still active) one to play Sorcerers with?

Thanks!

We played this for the first time last year and the kids LOVED it. I know you need to use the same Magic band each time you play though, if you want to get further in the game. The other side of this coin is that my kids love getting new Magic Bands for a trip.

Can I order new bands, and then just keep both Magic Bands activated on MDE? Then use the new ones to get into the park etc, and use the old (yet still active) one to play Sorcerers with?

Thanks!

Yes, you could also have them use the old one on your MK day or just carry it in a bag. We have our game attached to our star wars magic bands and we pretty much only ever use those but I still bring along others just in case we want to change them up. If for some reason you forget to bring the old one along, they will move the game to your new one at the Firehouse.

So as long as they're both activated on the same account, the previous game experience should show up?

Also, is there a way to figure out where you left off? It's been a while since we played...

So as long as they're both activated on the same account, the previous game experience should show up?

Also, is there a way to figure out where you left off? It's been a while since we played...

Yeah that should work, someone who is more expert could chime in.

If you aren't sure which one you're on, open any portal (there's the one in the Main Street train station and one on the side of the emporium) and they'll tell you. If you're already headed to the Fire Station they will tell you which portal you're on as well.

Also does anyone know what time the Fire Station closes? We are getting in late our first day, but added a park day (as it was only like $10/person to go from 4-5 days) basically to see fireworks and maybe ride a couple things at MK. Prolly getting into MK around 6. Park closes at 9. Will we be able to get packs of cards or will the fire station be closed?

I think the Fire Station is open until park closing, or at least until the fireworks start. That's what I remember and what the website seems to indicate.

Our Sorcerers band is an old style magic band that belongs to my son. We just keep that band with our cards, and he wears a new band now for park entry and FP+. The old band would work for those too, but the RFID battery may be getting old, which isn't needed for Sorcerers. You can keep many bands active on your account. I had 4 or 5 bands for myself at one point. I don't recommend keeping too many active bands, but a few per person should be fine. You need to keep the Sorcerers band active though. Plus, the game is only attached to a specific band. It's not linked to MDE or any other band or card.

Technically, you have to have done a portal before getting a new pack; however, we usually can't remember since there can be many months between our visits. They are usually pretty cool about it and go ahead and give us packs.

I've only heard a little bit about this game before and I'm curious to play but is it a kiddie thing?

I've only heard a little bit about this game before and I'm curious to play but is it a kiddie thing?

Me and my 30 something friend played it through Adventureland and a few spots in Fantasyland last trip on the Saturday of the fireworks, because MK was packed like normal on those days.....superfun!

It can be for kids, but I know many adults that are serious about it. DS12, DH, and I like to play. DH and I play even when we don't go with DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter