Sooo excited!

VeganCupcake

Almost an Expert
Just booked will update often as I am neurotic and love to plan for Disney trips.

POP CENTURY
Sept 12th-18th

12-Ohana Dinner(Crossing my fingers for Chef TJ)
13-Garden Grill
14-Play N Dine lunch
15-Ohana Breakfast
16-Tusker House Breakfast
17-Crystal Palace Lunch
18- haven't decided - we're not going to a park this day, may want to do Ohana again for breakfast since it is our favorite

Any vegans have meal reports for - garden grill or play n dine? I know I'm good on the other 4(I've been to Ohana, and Crystal Palace, and I know tusker house if filled with stuff for me to eat). I always call ahead anyways.
Woohoo! Btw How do you guys make those count down bars for your trips??

Thanks! - Ali

see what i mean? I just typed that and then I said, wait a minute. Cancel Wednesday's ohana breakast, change it to saturday, and try Cape may cafe on wednesday morning. Done and done! hahaha

OK- so I am the only vegan in our family of 3. I know these 3 restaurants I will be more than good to go- Tusker house, Ohana, and Crystal Palace.
I am wondering is any vegans have experienced anything at the following places
cape may cafe- breakfast
garden grill- dinner
play n dine -lunch
I am happy to have anything vegan, even if its just steamed veggies, but sometimes when you call ahead the chef's get excited to make you a special treat. So I'm sure potatoes and Fruit at Cape May will be enough for me(I eat 6 small meals a day usually, so I always have protein powder or protein bars through out the day at the parks, when we do a buffet I count it as 2 of my 6 small meals). I only made the reservations b/c I knew the kiddo would have a blast with the characters, not really for the food.
Also- GEEEZ already whats the consensus on Handy Manny already being at Play n Dine??? He's there? He's not there? He's going to be there? and if so when? when?? WHENNNN?????? Handy Manny is DS(3) favorite! I wrote Disney and just asked what was up with the rumors, no response yet, haha. I enjoy writing on this board, as it keeps me excited about the trip and is a good stress reliever.

Just wondering what there is to do at each of the kidcot locations?
Kidcot Fun Stops in Epcot World Showcase:

* Mexico Pavilion (near Animales Fantasticos)
* Norway Pavilion (The Puffin's Roost)
* China Pavilion (near exit to Reflections of China)
* Germany Pavilion (Volkunst)
* Italy Pavilion (outside near La Bottega Italiana)
* American Adventure Pavilion (outside near Heritage Manor Gifts)
* Japan Pavilion (in Bijutsu-kan Gallery)
* Morocco Pavilion (Marketplace in the Medina)
* France Pavilion (Souvenirs de France)
* United Kingdom Pavilion (The Toy Soldier)
* Canada Pavilion (exit from O Canada! attraction)
My son will almost be 4 when we go, I know he would love getting the passport filled out. Anyone have any insight?

I just came back from Disney on Tuesday. I am also vegan and feel that Columbia Harbor House in the MK is a MUST.

The Lighthouse Sandwich was the highlight of my trip! (No Slaw, of course!)
As was there vegetarian chili that is also Vegan! :thumbsup2

I didn't make it to Ohana, but I'm also going back at the end of August - early September and I am planning the trip around it!!! :woohoo:

Columbia Harbor house- will try! I could even make vegan chili fries! But i'll probably get the sandwich. thanks for the tip! I only let myself order vegan sweets from veganstore.com or veganessentials.com once a year , otherwise I'd be broke. (I won't go to whole foods, b/c i'm bitter they opened down the street from the family owned health food store I worked at and put us out of business , I'm weird, I know.) I am going to get for each day- one vegan pastry(donuts, etc) and one candy bar per day, that way I wont feel left out of the snack attacks. I also take those big index cards and label one for each park and write down what i can and can not have to make it easier. We also do a grocery run to get builder bars, and digestive enzymes too!

97 days and counting- super excited!

okkkk soooo I've made some adjustments to our reservations(I would normally feel bad about canceling and moving things around so much but there are a ton of reservations available for everything when we are going!)
final list(unless budget woes hit)

SUNDAY
CAPE MAY BREAKFAST-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!
OHANA DINNER

MONDAY
KONA CAFE- BREAKFAST
GARDEN GRILL DINNER-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!

TUESDAY
HOLLYWOOD & VINE- LUNCH-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!
PIZZA PLANET (SON HAS ASKED EVERY NIGHT FOR DINNER AT PIZZA PLANET FOR ABOUT THE LAST 3 WEEKS)

WEDNESDAY
OHANA-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!
PLAZA RESTAURANT-- JUST CANCELED THIS AFTER READING V_GAN'S REVIEW, ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A GOOD LUNCH IN MAGIC KINGDOM OR MAGIC KINGDOM RESORT AREA? GF CAFE MAYBE??

THURSDAY
TUSKER HOUSE-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!
CAPE MAY-DINNER

FRIDAY-
KONA CAFE- BREAKFAST
CRYSTAL PALACE-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!

SATURDAY
OHANA BREAKFAST-CHARACTERS!!! WOOHOO!

Hi - Vegan here :)

Never feel sorry for changing, that is what makes planning so fun..........getting to tweak and change your mind, lol. This will be my first trip as a vegan, so it will be an adventure for me :)

We are going for two weeks at the end of July. We are only doing one sit down for dinner at Boma, and the last nine nights are on the QSDP. It should be interesting eating at that many QS locations. We usually do 2 sit downs per day, so I'm a little nervous, lol.

The first 5 nights we are doing Universal/Islands of Adventure and Sea World.

The sandwich at Columbia harbour house is great, although last time I got it with the slaw...but I'm sure it's just as tasty without it. Can't wait to try it without this year.

Oh, Miss MelanieC- my BFF called me this afternoon, from Hogwarts at Islands..... she got to go into universal and do all the harry potter rides with no waiting time, drank a Butter Beer, had a pumpkin juice, toured Hogwarts, you are going to have a great time there! Do you make a list of vegan friendly meals and snacks you can have at QS places? I put them on index cards that way I know exactly what to do, of course now that nice vegan couple started the vegan help thread(Thanks guys!)and I've read through all the links so many times, I probably have it memorized!!!

OK PEOPLE- 92 DAYS
Hoping to add a celebration to this trip hubby is hopefully suppose to have his Pro Boxing debut on Aug.17th!:lovestruc
He has awesome trainers and is an amazing fighter even without them (YES people - I'm shamelessly bragging!!! I'm more cocky about it than he is, what can I say? He's awesome) so I'm sure we will be celebrating, if not, then his birthday is a few days after we come home so we'll just celebrate that instead. But I know we'll be celebrating both. Either way isn't the actual act of going to Disney World a celebration? You're in friggin DISNEY WORLD!! Woohoo!
Very excited as I signed up for Tables in Wonderland as well, can't wait to get that in the mail!
What's everyone's most favorite thing to do in Downtown Disney??? I will definitely be getting a vegan chocolate covered strawberry at Ghiradelli's, and we're going to build a potato head at WOD.... I know I saw pictures of a carousel and train somewhere too.....
Side note-very excited for Toy Story 3 next week son's 1st movie at the big boy movie theater!

Ok, So we are not "foodies" or whatever you want to call it, so food quality isn't that big of an issue, (I have 1/4 cup of peanut butter by itself for breakfast at least 3 days a week so I'm easily impressed, haha) butttt I wanted to know what everyone thought about this dinner character wise? I'm wondering if DH will be looking at me like I have bananas growing out of my ears when he sees I picked a character meal with the Cinderella characters for 2 adults with a 3 year old boy. I really want to do it, but the characters have to be worth it! opinions? stories? come on people join in!!!:banana:

I'm super excited about going to animal kingdom, we went for about an hour last time we went(Dec 2009), and all we had time for was the Nemo show(which was AMAZING). Any suggestions?? How's the petting zoo???
We have res for Tusker house at 8:15am so that's exciting, b/c I couldn't get it last time as it was a spur of the moment trip. After breakfast I heard its best to do the camp mickey/minnie and then shoot on over to lion king.

We absolutely love AK!!! Then again, we love all the parks, but AK is so much fun!! The petting zoo is tiny, only a few animals. I do like to take the train over to Rafiki's planet watch though. The mural is so pretty over there and its the only place I've ever seen Jiminy Cricket. Definately do the safari and Expedition Everest!! We like to do the Kali River Rapids after lunch so we have enough time to dry before dinner and it's the hottest part of the day so we are cooled off from it. Dinosaur is a must do too and DEFINATELY see Festival of the Lion King............we love that show!

We saw Toy Story 3 today(AWESOMEEEEEE)....and I TOTALLY teared up! I had to act like i was coughing so my husband wouldn't notice and make fun of me until the day I die hahaha! I don't want to say what parts,(there was more than one) b/c everyone might not have seen the movie yet, but seriously people I couldn't have been the only one who got choked up in certain scenes right????

Haha - We are supposed to go one night this week. I've heard really good things. I can't wait to go!!

Less than 4 weeks till I'm in WDW!! It's going quick now :)

MelanieC when do you leave?
I added a few more reservations

Wednesday- Kona lunch

Tuesday- Kouzzina for breakfast.

I am getting so excited. DS and I made a chart with smiley faces , one for each day until we leave, we color in one smiley face a day so we can see the days passing.
Once it gets Closer I'm sure I'll be posting here about 2-10,000,000 a day. I want to post pics of us, so Disers can say HI if they see us! Is that cheesy? I just totally think it would add to the magic!!!! DS is now asking for (everyday for breakfast) - mickey mouse waffles, pizza planet, giant cookies! Ha ha ha, my husband calls it brainwashing, I call it being an awesome role model.:woohoo:

I love the chart!!! It's always fun to have fun ways to make the time pass. For me, my daughter graduated this year and we are getting ready for her to go to college next month so we've been so busy with graduation, grad parties, summer welcome at her school (16 hours away and we drove) and so much more. It wasn't till we just got done this past weekend that I actually started to really get busy planning.

I love Kona, but my family hates it. Last time we went there our order was never put in and it took forever before he realized it and then lied to us. I've heard good things about Kouzinna's.

We leave next Friday evening 7/16 - I can't wait. We are driving down so we are leaving after we get home from work (only working till 11am) and then driving till roughly NC and then getting a hotel. I just checked and last year and we left around 3:30pm and got to NC, so I'm hoping we make it to GA :)

DH just decided tonight he wants to do Biergarten for his birthday dinner so we are going there now. There isn't much vegan info so I'm excited to try it. I could make a meal of just the pretzel bread and red cabbage. I'm not sure if the spaetzel (the plain one not the cheese one is vegan - I'm praying, but not counting on it). I'm going to call ahead and ask to talk to someone and ask to have something special made with tofu.

I also made a reservation for the night we are at at 9:40 (Sunday) for Ohana. If chef TJ is there, I may go by myself while they are at Hooters. They have been wanting to go and I told them to drop me off somewhere to eat. I made it for 4 people in case they change thier minds. If not, I don't mind eating alone at all. I pretty much will be doing that anyway that night.

Also I got some vegan information from Sea World that I'm going to post about too.

Wooohooo! 47 days away! I'm getting more and more excited! trying to save up all my $1 & $5 bills, and every week when I go grocery shopping I take whatever I have and get a Disney gift card at the Publix. Then It doesn't seem like the meals are such a financial impact, when you can pay $25 in a gift card you already have and the rest in cash, etc. I was super excited to get my TIW card in the mail a few weeks ago. Can't wait to go!!!

Ok so did some super secret(well the child was with me but I bribed him with a donut so he forgot abut it) snack shopping. Why super secret? B/c last time when we went, I bought a whole bunch of treats for our trip, snacks,etc and someoneeeeee found them and by the time we left for the trip 90% of the goodies were already eaten between the big boy and the little one. I did a better job hiding everything this time, and I'm not saying a word about it I'm just going to quietly put it in the back seat when we leave. Also I just found this on VeganSatori's website
http://vegansatori.blogspot.com/2010/07/chef-tj-update.html
"I spoke with Chef TJ yesterday and he confirmed that he's now at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort.
This is actually fairly good news, since the character buffet itself is always a hysterical experience, and since Chef Harry has dropped the ball on the veg end of things too many times for my taste.
Chef TJ is sure to be an invaluable addition to their restaurant, and I hope everyone who knows of his reputation will follow him there.
Just in case anyone is making reservations for the near future, his current work schedule is Saturday-Wednesday. We're already booked twice. "

This is lame! Want to know why? I had 2 separate ADRs for this restaurant about 3 weeks ago for dinner, I couldn't decide which one I wanted, but then figuring there would be next to nothing for me to really eat I just couldn't justify the expense for Characters that only I am excited about seeing. Nowwwww, I can't get either night I had! hahaha! Darn it! I'll just keep trying, our last trip I got Chef Mickeys(totally stunk! I literally could only eat 2 things and one was soooooo gross!) and Ohana 3 days before our trip, so I'm just going to keep trying. I'm eagerly reading MelanieC's trip report so i can make note cards for OK foods in the parks!(Thanks !!!) Going to write my packing list tomorrow, maybe go to the thift store and look for some shorts, b/c the only 2 pairs I own(I know I know I live in Florida how can that be? ) are Hot pink , who knows, I may rock them anyways, I just hope if any of you are there the same time as me, you're wearing sunglasses, b/c where my tattoos stop at my knees, the rest of my leg upwards is blindingly pale! haha! I'm still sooooo excited! :cheer2:

Whoohooo! checked a few minutes ago and there was about 6 different openings for 1900 PF! Snagged the earliest one! Getting very excited!

Ok So I'm trying to kinda plan out meals a little bit more, Its not really a plan, jsut "guidelines" b/c between me & hubby's sunshiney :rolleyes1 dispositions when we are hungry, waiting until we're starving to figure something out is not really an option. That's just how we roll!

Sun - No Park
Drive up in the am
10:45- Cape May Cafe Breakfast/Brunch
lunch- No way, after a late breakfast, we're going to be saving room for Ohana so this would be a perfect time for a protein bar!
5:25- Ohana

Monday - Epcot day
8:30- Kona Cafe
Lunch-I Have a feeling this year we'll eat at Tangierine Cafe
Dinner- 6:30pm Garden Grill

Tuesday - Hollywood Studios
Breakfast- Protein bar/shake at the hotel
Lunch- 11:00am Play n Dine (Wooohooooo for them adding Handy Manny, or we would not be doing this one!)
Dinner- Pizza Planet

Wednesday- Magic Kingdom Day!
Breakfast- Main street bakery
Lunch- Columbia Harbour House
Dinner- 4:30 1900 Park Fare

Thursday- Animal Kingdom Day/Fantasmic at night
Breakfast- 8:15 Tusker House
Lunch- RC
Dinner- Haven't decided yet, somewhere around the Boardwalk/beach club area , Pop , Or Hollywood Studios

Friday- Magic Kingdom Day
Breakfast- Food from home
Lunch- 11:30 - Crystal Palace
Dinner- Think we'll wing it- DH said he wants a turkey leg at some point, so this would be a good time for that.

Saturday- Go homeeeeeee.... wahhhhh:sad1:
Breakfast- 9:45 am - Ohana

I'm having a hard time getting "chores" :laundy: done around the house lately , b/c I'm getting too distracted by the Disney Trip! Does anyone else have dreams about Disney before they go? I do, but they are always weird then I wake up, and I start planning in my head, and making mental notes instead of going back to sleep! I think I need to ground myself away from the computer for 24 hours just to catch up on my actual life! Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter