Sonoma Terrace PTN experiences?

Sjwillia

Mouseketeer
We received a great report from Albort on his experience on a test/trial viewing for CMs. Wondering if anyone has additional information to share now that we have had a full week plus of regular shows? Specifically I would like to know what time they start letting people into the viewing area and do people line up a significant amount of time in advance to get front row table? Albort did not report a drink limit but I cannot imagine not having one. Your experience?

I did this on Monday 4/16. Keep in mind that it was the first night open to the public. It was also pretty chilly - about 52 degrees with a pretty consistent wind.

We lined up around 7:30 And were probably about six groups back. A castmember came down the line about fifteen minutes prior to check names and let us know we'd probably be sharing our table with someone since we were a party of three and the tables are all set for four.

They didn't actually start letting people in until 8, and then you stopped at the podium to officially check in, get the wrist band, and tell them high top or low top preference.

It probably took 20-30 minutes to seat everyone in the line. I wasn't really watching the time too closely after we sat. We did get a front table and there were still a good many available after we were seated.

A waitress came around with a bread basket and then brought the charcuterie plates and took our drink orders. I had a glass of chardonnay. My parents had coffee because it was so chilly. I switched to hot chocolate after the wine to warm up. No one mentioned a drink limit to us and I had 3 - but only one alcoholic.

My personal preference would have been more fruit and cheese on the plate and less meat, but it was all very flavorful.

I'll admit I booked this more for the view and the chair for my parents than the food. In that regard it was worth it to me.

Hopefully they refined their check in process a little because that seemed a little on the slow side to me.

Last edited:

I did this on Monday 4/16. Keep in mind that it was the first night open to the public. It was also pretty chilly - about 52 degrees with a pretty consistent wind.

We lined up around 7:30 And were probably about six groups back. A castmember came down the line about fifteen minutes prior to check names and let us know we'd probably be sharing our table with someone since we were a party of three and the tables are all set for four.

They didn't actually start letting people in until 8, and then you stopped at the podium to officially check in, get the wrist band, and tell them high top or low top preference.

It probably took 20-30 minutes to seat everyone in the line. I wasn't really watching the time too closely after we sat. We did get a front table and there were still a good many available after we were seated.

A waitress came around with a bread basket and then brought the charcuterie plates and took our drink orders. I had a glass of chardonnay. My parents had coffee because it was so chilly. I switched to hot chocolate after the wine to warm up. No one mentioned a drink limit to us and I had 3 - but only one alcoholic.

My personal preference would have been more fruit and cheese on the plate and less meat, but it was all very flavorful.

I'll admit I booked this more for the view and the chair for my parents than the food. In that regard it was worth it to me.

Hopefully they refined their check in process a little because that seemed a little on the slow side to me.

I thought this was more of a dessert reception. Is that not the case?

Are there bathrooms available within Sonoma Terrace? If not I assume you can leave and the bracelet will allow you to come back?

Are there bathrooms available within Sonoma Terrace? If not I assume you can leave and the bracelet will allow you to come back?

There is a bathroom up the stairs at Alfresco Tasting Terrace, on the other side. There is not a bathroom at the Sonoma Terrace.

I sat in a front table behind the light pole. We were on the right side of the terrace near the podium and I didn't notice the poles when the parade was coming at us, but where I was sitting the pole was noticeable when I looked left to see the backside of the floats.

And no - not a dessert party. I wish it had been. 3 different cheeses, two lunch meats, green olives, broccalini, grapes and zucchini. Then we got a small box with 4 truffles to go.

We booked this for our May trip. It's not a good choice if you want an absolutely unobstructed view. We had that several times when the parade was at Disneyland. I booked this mostly because I wanted the seats this time.

Here are a couple of photos to give you a better visual. Last one is the box of truffles you get.
20180416_194749-800x450.jpg 20180416_201127-800x450.jpg 20180416_210721-800x450.jpg 20180416_210227-800x450.jpg20180420_191059-800x450.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter