Son turns three in middle of Disney cruise

Frank1327

Earning My Ears
I know how it works at Disney World, you dont grow up in Disney World so two year olds are free even if they turn three during the trip, is it the same for the cruises too?

I know how it works at Disney World, you dont grow up in Disney World so two year olds are free even if they turn three during the trip, is it the same for the cruises too?
Two year olds are not free on the cruises, so no.

I'm sorry, I should've said cheaper. The prices nearly doubles from age two to age three

I'm sorry, I should've said cheaper. The prices nearly doubles from age two to age three
You pay based on the age they are when the cruise starts. I can't imagine them recharging - what if you have an 18yr old going to 19? That would be a lot of extra hassle. Kid to adult fare?

The age of the cruiser for all other things is determined at date of sailing, so I presume it’s the same for the cruise fare. For example, anyone turning 18 (or 21 for alcohol consumption) will be treated as a minor and needs to go to guests services on or after the birthday for them to manually update their status so they can receive the services only available to adults.

I think the price difference is because under 3 goes to the nursery and you pay for that where as 3+ can go to kids club and the cost of that is built into their cruise fare. That's just speculating though.

I don't think they charge you a difference for moving them up mid cruise but you won't be able to pre-register them or drop them off at the clubs until after they officially turn 3 and you go to GS and have their age updated. Just remember to leave them at the club they have to be fully potty trained, including clothes up and down, wiping, and washing hands on their own so you may not even want to use the clubs.

The cruise fare will not change with a mid-cruise birthday, as long as he is 2 on embarkation day. If the cruise starts on his birthday, the fare will be for a 3-year-old.

He will only be allowed at the nursery until his actual birthday. On his birthday he will be allowed to attend secured programming in the Club/Lab, as well as any other activities restricted to age 3+ (BBB, maybe some port excursions?). He can continue at the nursery after the birthday if you so choose - many parents prefer it to a newly-turned-3 in with older kids at the Club/Lab. You cannot pre-book anything with the 3+ age limit.

The cost should stay the same. As a former Youth Activities CM, if you would like your child to go to the Club when they are old enough, I would recommend attending as many Open House times as you can to familiarize them with the spaces. Of course, they need to be completely independent when going to the bathroom, so practice that before your cruise too.

Your cruise fare won't change. Its based on the first day of the cruise. The day they turn 3 the child is able to do the extra stuff that 3 year olds can do. [Pending they're potty trained and able to do things without your help]

We did our first 4 night DCL 1 day before our little one turned 3 but because it still showed 2 in our navigator he wasn’t allowed to do BBB to get the captain outfit. We have 3 cruises for next year so we’ll just do it then.

We did our first 4 night DCL 1 day before our little one turned 3 but because it still showed 2 in our navigator he wasn’t allowed to do BBB to get the captain outfit. We have 3 cruises for next year so we’ll just do it then.
You could have gone to guest services and had his age updated on his birthday and then (if appts were still available) he should have been able to do BBB.

You could have gone to guest services and had his age updated on his birthday and then (if appts were still available) he should have been able to do BBB.

You can also do this before the cruise leaves. I was able to prebook BBB for my daughter's 3rd birthday by calling Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter