Son insists on Monorail ride first...

I am pretty sure April 25 will still be a Tuesday by the time it rolls around...
My bad!:)

I should have been more specific-I should have pointed out better that I was referring to the Monorail Schedule could have changed by then!

Thanks for pointing that out so no one will be confused!:)

Here is this week's Monorail Schedule for anyone interested.:)

Courtesy of OTPN
polo.png

Just a warning - the monorail service has been terrible lately. In December it was taking an hour to get from The Contemporary to The Polynesian. And not at a busy time of day. It breaks and breaks and breaks.

If y'all are really wanting to do it, I would flip a coin. Losing parent hops on the monorail with the kid who wants that. Fingers crossed they make it back in time for rope drop with everyone.

Look - I am all for letting kids pick. When one of mine was 5 what she wanted to do first one day was Country Bears. So - rope drop - for Country Bears. Gah! I did it, and not grudgingly. I am not all for letting kids picking possibly messing up everyone's plans. So on Country Bear first day, my husband was riding the mountains. Divide and conquer. Plus - hooking back up with people is easier with cell phones. My kids were little before those, and I am sure that my husband was hard to find after some of these personal adventures on purpose.

Here is this week's Monorail Schedule for anyone interested.:)

Courtesy of OTPN
polo.png

Well, I learned something new today. I've been to WDW many times and I never knew there was such a thing as a printed monorail schedule. I guess I've overlooked it this whole time. Thanks for posting.

Well, I learned something new today. I've been to WDW many times and I never knew there was such a thing as a printed monorail schedule. I guess I've overlooked it this whole time. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome.

Unfortunately they are only available at the WDW Resorts.:)

My bad!:)

I should have been more specific-I should have pointed out better that I was referring to the Monorail Schedule could have changed by then!

Thanks for pointing that out so no one will be confused!:)

No worries, I knew what you meant, I just thought it was funny the way you wrote it out.

When we were there in November, we had a day that started with parking at the CR for breakfast at Chef Mickey, and then we went to the MK. I knew it would have been quicker to walk back and forth between the CR and MK, but the kids like the monorail so we took it twice. The monorail is like a ride anyway. Plus, we ended up on the ferry to/from the MK more often on this trip, so it was good to take the monorail when we could.

AFAIK, the Epcot monorail is the only to enter a Disney Park for free. (I know that technically you are not "in" Epcot, but I don't think there is any other to venture that far into an actual Disney Park without a ticket.)

No worries, I knew what you meant, I just thought it was funny the way you wrote it out.

When we were there in November, we had a day that started with parking at the CR for breakfast at Chef Mickey, and then we went to the MK. I knew it would have been quicker to walk back and forth between the CR and MK, but the kids like the monorail so we took it twice. The monorail is like a ride anyway. Plus, we ended up on the ferry to/from the MK more often on this trip, so it was good to take the monorail when we could.

AFAIK, the Epcot monorail is the only to enter a Disney Park for free. (I know that technically you are not "in" Epcot, but I don't think there is any other to venture that far into an actual Disney Park without a ticket.)

I love that peek into Epcot. I think it is an awesome way to kick off a disney vacation.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents, because it's the monorail, ha! The monorail is MY FAVORITE thing in all of Disney - and we always make sure to do it on arrival night - we skip the parks and go "monorail chasing". I am that girl taking pictures like there is no tomorrow and we ride EVERY color on EVERY loop possible!

That being said, as much as I love it, I have witnessed it breaking down a lot more often and saw a bunch of people on our last trip get "stranded" on their way to an ADR or RD. It did not look like a good time to me, and there were a TON of people in the morning! We do it in all it's glory on arrival night, and then at least once in the middle of the afternoon on a park day when we need a break - but never when we are planning to be somewhere else by a particular time - it can take as long as it wants to! :)

I totally get it being a first must-do, though! DH would never dream of asking me to do something before we ride the monorail! :rotfl:

I love that peek into Epcot. I think it is an awesome way to kick off a disney vacation.

They were originally going to open Epcot as two separate theme parks, so an early design had the monorail stopping at what would be "between" the two parks.
When they determined that they'd make both sections into one large park, they just kept the loop inside Future World as a "preview pass."

They were originally going to open Epcot as two separate theme parks, so an early design had the monorail stopping at what would be "between" the two parks.
When they determined that they'd make both sections into one large park, they just kept the loop inside Future World as a "preview pass."

I had forgotten that! I love the preview, and no matter how may visits I make, it is still exciting to get that little look inside.

WOW!Ya'll are ULTIMATE Monorail fans!

What is your favorite Monorail ride?

Ours is timing our departure from TTC on the Epcot Monorail in order to be riding through Epcot while IllumiNations is happening-MAGICAL!:)

OMG we do that too!!! Seeing I! from the Monorail is our favorite!

Favorite ride was when I was a kid and I got to sit up front with my dad and be a pilot! More recently DH and I were chatting up one of the CMs after he saw us line up for the 4th time in a row. DH was telling him how he used to think my monorail obsession was a bit over the top, but he loved how happy it made me and knew how much I treasured those memories with my dad. The CM told us he was the next pilot on rotation and while he of course couldn't let us in the cockpit, he would "step away" for a few seconds with the door open so I could get my picture as close to the cockpit as possible and gave me a sticker, haha it sounds silly, but was beyond magical for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter