Somewhat last minute trip ADR's - I can't believe my luck

mmcxiiad

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
About a week ago, we decided to spend a few days at WDW after our first Disney Cruise. The Cruise is 2/28 - 3/4. We are going to spend the weekend at Boardwalk 3/4 - 3/7 (after all this snow in Virginia, the kids have to get back into school asap).

We are on DxDP, and wanted to enjoy some Signature dining (2 Adults, 3 Kids - 6, 3 and 1). Even though we are driving we decided to keep it all in the Epcot/DHS/Boardwalk area. Sometimes it is a heck of a lot easier not loading the kids in and out of the car or bus. Plus with all the food, and all the food from the cruise, some extra walking will do us some good.

So, with less then 30 days before arrival, i think i was able to pull of something pretty nice:

Thursday 3/4
Beaches & Cream (Lunch) - Yeah I know it isn't the best value, but the kids are thrilled about it, and we should be able to walk in as oppsed to having to race to WDW and try to make it to an ADR .

Yachtman's Club 7:30pm or Flying Fish 7:15pm - not sure which we are going to do. We have reservations for both and plan on canceling one in the next day or so (Advice is welcome on the choice).

Friday 3/5 (DHS)

50's Prime Time 11:30am - Always a fun place to eat.

Brown Derby 6:00pm - My wife loves this place!

Saturday 3/6 (Epcot)

Le Cellier 11:30 - Shocked that I got this one. Would have loved to squeeked out a dinner there, but anything is a welcome surprise!

Rose & Crown 7:05pm - Always wanted to try this one, Hoping we can stay to watch Illuminations from here (is this possible or am I just dreaming).

Sunday

Wolfgang Puck Cafe 11:30 - Enjoy a nice lunch before the long 12 hour drive home.

Needless to say we are all excited. 12 days before we leave for the cruise!

About a week ago, we decided to spend a few days at WDW after our first Disney Cruise. The Cruise is 2/28 - 3/4. We are going to spend the weekend at Boardwalk 3/4 - 3/7 (after all this snow in Virginia, the kids have to get back into school asap).

We are on DxDP, and wanted to enjoy some Signature dining (2 Adults, 3 Kids - 6, 3 and 1). Even though we are driving we decided to keep it all in the Epcot/DHS/Boardwalk area. Sometimes it is a heck of a lot easier not loading the kids in and out of the car or bus. Plus with all the food, and all the food from the cruise, some extra walking will do us some good.

So, with less then 30 days before arrival, i think i was able to pull of something pretty nice:

Thursday 3/4
Beaches & Cream (Lunch) - Yeah I know it isn't the best value, but the kids are thrilled about it, and we should be able to walk in without having to race to catch our ADR.

Yachtman's Club 7:30pm or Flying Fish 7:15pm - not sure which we are going to do. We have reservations for both and plan on canceling one in the next day or so (Advice is welcome on the choice).

Friday 3/5 (DHS)

50's Prime Time 11:30am - Always a fun place to eat.

Brown Derby 6:00pm - My wife loves this place!

Saturday 3/6 (Epcot)

Le Cellier 11:30 - Shocked that I got this one. Would have loved to squeeked out a dinner there, but anything is a welcome surprise!

Rose & Crown 7:05pm - Always wanted to try this one, Hoping we can stay to watch Illuminations from here (is this possible or am I just dreaming).

Sunday

Wolfgang Puck Cafe 11:30 - Enjoy a nice lunch before the long 12 hour drive home.

Needless to say we are all excited. 12 days before we leave for the cruise!

Holy Cow!!! That's awesome! I am truly surprised you got LeCellier and Brown Derby! You will really enjoy Rose and Crown, we LOVE it, and if you get lucky, you can watch the fireworks from your table! We have done it two years in a row. We just request an outdoor table to enjoy the fireworks. They will of course tell you that it's just a request, and that they cannot guarantee it, but they have done it for us twice! Good luck!

You did great!

Did I read your post wrong? Did you say you made reservations at Beaches and Cream? We plan to eat there but did not make reservations because I didn't think you could make reservations there. :confused3

Did I read your post wrong? Did you say you made reservations at Beaches and Cream? We plan to eat there but did not make reservations because I didn't think you could make reservations there. :confused3

Sorry about the confusion. What I meant was that doing a walk in to beaches and cream will be better for us since we aren't 100% sure of what time we will arrive. If we had a ADR somewhere, then it would be crazy to make sure we get there by a certain time.

So no, Beaches and Cream does not do ADR's - it is walk in only.

I have noticed that the online booking is far more convenient then booking over the phone. That said, I think that while they have given some functionality but it is still a bit of a hoops and ladder process to find what you are looking for. For example while you can search a date range you can't just see what is free during all hours for a given restaurant.

I suppose that there are reasons for this, like to prevent people from just mass booking reservations.

I am sure that this is a new problem, it is very easy to book dozens of extra ADR's that no one shows up for. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future they require a credit card to hold ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter