• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something special for a kid-free anniversary trip?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
It's our 16th anniversary and this will be the first trip without ANY of our kids. I have a reservation at the Blue Bayou, but I'm wondering if there is something amazing I should try to get reservations for. It doesn't even have to be food related, I'm not a big eater anyway. I wish I could get us in to club 33 LOL! Maybe dessert at Carthay?

I'd get drinks at the Napa Rose lounge and/or Trader Sam's if I was sans kids and didn't care about food. No reservations for those, though.

If I cared about food, Napa Rose all the way.

Napa Rose Lounge for drinks and desserts. Steakhouse 55 lounge also.

Blue Bayou...Ugh...Skip it. Spend that money on FAR better food at Napa Rose. Seriously.

If you are not a big foodie...Dessert Seating at WOC is a nice splurge otherwise I would have said Dinner at Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55. Either way...dump Blue Bayou for one of those those two options.

Drinks, appetizers and dessert kicking back in the Napa Rose Lounge is one of my favorite "Adult" things to do.

If you're never been to BB and at least part of the reason you've never been to BB is kid related, then I'd keep it. But the other suggestions do serve alcohol, so if having a drink with dinner is important to you for an adult dinner, those are all good choices. You could also add drinks at one of the lounges, either Carthay in DCA or S55 or Napa Rose if you do decide to keep BB.

Napa Rose for sure. If you just want wine and a snack, The Golden Vinery in DCA is nice, great atmosphere.

I'd go to Hawaii....but since we're talking DL, I'd do a WOC dessert party as mentioned above. And Blue Bayou has got be really nice without kids - I wouldn't know, but I can imagine.

Napa Rose Lounge for drinks and desserts. Steakhouse 55 lounge also.

Blue Bayou...Ugh...Skip it. Spend that money on FAR better food at Napa Rose. Seriously.
It's hubby's favorite ride, we're eating there more for the ambiance LOL!

Oh and we don't drink alcohol, so no worries there LOL!

Chef's Counter at Napa Rose would be a big one for me. But I like food and wine. Non-food related, WOC Dessert Party. The desserts are not the main attraction.

If you really want to splurge and you have the $$, VIP tour but it costs like $3K. Are you staying onsite? If so, renting a cabana at the pool, GCH would be my choice for grown-ups but DLH as well. It seems like that's maybe $250 for half day. Maybe the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour? Much cheaper option.

Chef's Counter at Napa Rose would be a big one for me. But I like food and wine. Non-food related, WOC Dessert Party. The desserts are not the main attraction.

If you really want to splurge and you have the $$, VIP tour but it costs like $3K. Are you staying onsite? If so, renting a cabana at the pool, GCH would be my choice for grown-ups but DLH as well. It seems like that's maybe $250 for half day. Maybe the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour? Much cheaper option.

Agree with all of this! My top splurge is the Chef's counter at Napa Rose, second to that is the WoC Dessert Party.

We also like taking a mid-afternoon break and grabbing a late lunch/early dinner at the Alfresco Tasting Terrace.

I third the Chef's Counter at the Napa Rose. That was by far our best experience on the few no kid trips we've taken. We are big foodies, but even still, just the way you are treated (like royalty) and how long the experience is, can't be beat! I was going to suggest to share the wine flight since the 2 oz pours quickly turned into full glasses as the courses progressed and then random pours based on my likes turned into a rough next morning...but still one of our most memorable night.

We fourth the chef's counter and have been there at least 4 times, yes I know it's bad to have forgotten, but it's our date night location when in the DLR. Chef Gloria is awesome and we once had Chef Sutton. We also love the WOC dessert party but do that as a family. I'm sure it's amazing as a couple!
Even without the wine parings the CC is an amazing food experience. They customize the meal to your tastes even if you are a foodie. We always do the paring and they are very good.

Last edited:
I'd do Napa Rose instead of BB personally. We liked BB but for a special occasion I would much rather do Napa Rose. Plus the wine pairings are amazing.

We are going without our kids for the first time in May for our 10th anniversary. We thought about doing some of these things... but decided we'd rather just dart around the park at our own speed and enjoy DL. We do plan on hitting up Trader Sam's one night, though.

For our anniversary kids free trip we spent hours at Trader Sam's. It was fabulous we sat at the bar and made friends with everyone. We also did dinner at Carthay and Steakhouse 55.
Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter