Something I just noticed about the $100 Loyalty Discount.

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Maybe everyone else already noticed this, and I'm just late to the game, but they have this listed on the ABD site under the "About Us" drop-down, under Past Guest Special Offer (emphasis is theirs):

So choose a destination and start saving today. Past Guests save $100** per person on your 2010 Adventures by Disney vacation when you book by November 30, 2009. Just mention your special code, VIP10, when you book.
So does that mean returning guests can't claim the Loyalty discount after the end of November???? It was piddly enough as it is, but to make it only available for a short period of time? What's up with that?

Quite honestly, I find this silly:

When you traveled with Adventures by Disney, you created lifelong memories seeing the world and connecting with your family. You also became part of our family. So, we created an exclusive offer to help you get where you've been dreaming to go next.
Yep, $100 is really going to make a difference when it comes to affording that $4000 per person trip. Give me a break!

(Oh, and here's the ** part for the first quote above:)

**Past Adventures by Disney Guests will receive US $100 off the non-discounted regular rate of one 2010 season Adventures by Disney land package if booked between August 10, 2009, and November 30, 2009. Eligibility determined upon booking and eligible past Guest must travel on land package booked. Offer valid for each returning Guest in a party. Offer valid on any available 2010 departure. Valid on new bookings only. Bookings must be made through Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. Past Guest must advise the Concierge Agent of this offer at time of booking. Not transferable or redeemable for cash in whole or in part. Cannot be sold or transferred for commercial use. Void where prohibited. Offer subject to change without notice. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.

Sayhello

I think that this is a marketing "tool" to try to get people to book early so they can fill the trips and not have to cancel them. What have they done in previous years with the loyalty discounts?

I was also wondering what other tour companies that are on par with ABD offer in the way of loyalty discounts.

I noticed the Nov 30 deadline and it was stressing me out because I was worrying that if I didn't make up my mind I might not be able to get any kind of discount at all. I think I've finally gotten over that. It's just not a significant amount when you consider the costs of these trips. I have discovered so many trips with ABD and other companies that I would like to take that I figure at some point there will be some sort of discount offerred on at least one of them between now and next summer. I'm not set on one tour compnay, itinerary or one travel date. So I'm sticking to my guns and waiting it out.

It is definitely a tool. I went on Backstage Magic last year and didn't book anything for this year (even when they gave you that little coupon when you left your trip). They are still offering it to me. And I agree that $100 per person doesn't make a dent in a $4,000 trip. I am sure if I book something for 2011 (which I plan on), they will probably knock $100 off for each person.

I have discovered so many trips with ABD and other companies that I would like to take that I figure at some point there will be some sort of discount offerred on at least one of them between now and next summer. I'm not set on one tour compnay, itinerary or one travel date. So I'm sticking to my guns and waiting it out.

You, and me both, Bobo!

I think they did a similar thing last year - but last year I booked immediately after returning from Viva Italia, I was so happy about the Viva trip and so excited by the options for the following summer, I didn't wait at all. But this year there's no way I'd book that far in advance. Not only did they cancel the two trips I wanted most to go on (go figure) but I am not sure if my bank account can take it, or that I want to spend all that money, even if we can afford it, on a trip that seems to be a little less than the very best.

I'm definitely going to hedge my bets and wait for a while, as other posters have mentioned. Europe will still be there next summer whether or not I've booked a trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter