Something funny but disgusting happened today with my wife

osopecoso

Registered
so she was out with a friend and they were in north Miami grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. She was parallel parked in front of cafe. They were getting out and all of a sudden someone hits them from behind. Some elderly couple who probably should not have been driving in the first place confused the gas pedal with brake. First thing my wife does is call the police and start recording the damage to the truck. Keep in mind this was in front of a busy cafe with people eating outside. The old man tries to leave damaging my wife's bumper even more. The old man finally stops and gets out of car yelling at my wife to stop taking pictures. Her friend was also recording. The old man then begins to kick and punch my wife's car telling her to go back to where she came from. Thankfully the police are there within a few minutes (must have been someone in area). The old man was punching the car still when the cops got there and arrested him. He was yelling at the cop to check my wife's citizenship and that she is an illegal immigrant Come to find out this old man has no insurance but he was driving a $100k Mercedes. The old lady says they will pay for the damage. She says her husband has a lot of anger issues.

Wow..that guy sounds nuts! Glad no one was hurt, (other than the car). Some people go off for no reason at all. Sorry that happened!

Glad ur wife and her friend are okay... sorry to hear about your vehicle. Some sad crazy people out there..

Hope your wife and friend are ok - that must have been upsetting for them. Let's hope he stops driving now!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Had to wonder if the next part would have been him telling the officer that she hit his car and that everyone can verify it?

That's terrible! :( I'm glad your wife was ok. A friends daughter and her bf were verbally assaulted by someone in there apartment parking lot who kept calling the bf a terrorist. I just don't understand what is wrong with some people.

so she was out with a friend and they were in north Miami grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. She was parallel parked in front of cafe. They were getting out and all of a sudden someone hits them from behind. Some elderly couple who probably should not have been driving in the first place confused the gas pedal with brake. First thing my wife does is call the police and start recording the damage to the truck. Keep in mind this was in front of a busy cafe with people eating outside. The old man tries to leave damaging my wife's bumper even more. The old man finally stops and gets out of car yelling at my wife to stop taking pictures. Her friend was also recording. The old man then begins to kick and punch my wife's car telling her to go back to where she came from. Thankfully the police are there within a few minutes (must have been someone in area). The old man was punching the car still when the cops got there and arrested him. He was yelling at the cop to check my wife's citizenship and that she is an illegal immigrant Come to find out this old man has no insurance but he was driving a $100k Mercedes. The old lady says they will pay for the damage. She says her husband has a lot of anger issues.

Glad they were ok and he was arrested. Of course he's probably blaming that on immigrants and everyone else he hates too for his arrest. I hope you have good uninsured motorist coverage.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Had to wonder if the next part would have been him telling the officer that she hit his car and that everyone can verify it?

Probably did. I had an older lately (about 55 or so) fail to stop and T-bone me.) Banged me up good. Ambulance and everything. She tried to claim it was my fault. But in the end, she didn't even get the direction I was coming from right. HAHA. So the officer knew it was she that didn't stop or look.

That's terrible! :( I'm glad your wife was ok. A friends daughter and her bf were verbally assaulted by someone in there apartment parking lot who kept calling the bf a terrorist. I just don't understand what is wrong with some people.
It's sad that is what this world is coming to. We actually have been seeing a lot of confederate flags flying on trucks here in Miami lately. Hopefully that's the last of his days of driving.

Glad they were ok and he was arrested. Of course he's probably blaming that on immigrants and everyone else he hates too for his arrest. I hope you have good uninsured motorist coverage.
We have really good insurance. Hopefully the lady will follow through and pay the damages so I don't have to deal with ins. When officer wrote report, he added statement from the lady on what happened and how they will pay out of pocket. Truck is already at Cadillac dealership. It is not going to be cheap. The bumper is trashed.

We have really good insurance. Hopefully the lady will follow through and pay the damages so I don't have to deal with ins. When officer wrote report, he added statement from the lady on what happened and how they will pay out of pocket. Truck is already at Cadillac dealership. It is not going to be cheap. The bumper is trashed.

I wouldn't want to deal with the people that hit you anymore. I would just submit it to insurance and let them deal with them.

OP - I am so sorry to hear that! Best case scenario, the elderly man has some form of dementia, but regardless of his anger issues he probably should not be driving. I am so sorry it happened, and I hope that your wife and her friend are both okay!!! -hugs-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter