Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Monday afternoon!

Got my days mixed up, the keisha`s don`t leave till tomorrow for Orlando!! Can`t get my head around days this month at all. I think I`m fast forwarding to May in my mind!

Slept till after 7 this morning, rain was bouncing down and high winds again.

I was in school this morning reading, they were all a bit low after their 2 weeks off for Easter, but we perked them up with the books, then did some shopping, lamb reheated in red wine gravy is already done for tonight, so just the veg we needed to pick up this morning, didn`t take long as we just popped into the village fruit and veg store. They also stock the honey that one of our village ladies make, Tom loves it.

Tom is out volunteering this afternoon so baking for me.

Spoke to the superstar marathon man this morning, they were at breakfast and all ache a little, but they headed into the city centre, there`s a tram stop right outside the hotel which takes them directly into the centre, handy for them.

Latest start to the day we`ve had for years, but hard to beat a sleep in 🥰

cv14-S.png

cv49-S.jpg

cv36-S.jpg

IMG_4986.jpeg
Well, sorta. Turkey in oven for youngest DS. His “payment” for taking the dog. lol unexpected answer to my question

Our dinner is a mystery

Need to grab food stuffs for the other DS to eat while we are gone. Then, track meet which will take a solid 4 hours this afternoon

We watched him on the online stream cross the finish line and he was barely breaking a sweat,
Seriously, looked better than most after a 5K!
Several people came dressed in 80’s fashions. I did not. I had to explain a couple of things to B.
Im told the kids have moved into 90s fashion now
about four other people in the theatre and we were among very few folks who didn`t know the twist!!
I’m still thankful somebody didn’t spoil that one for me. Still rewatch at least once a year as it’s that good
Not quite the time for my sister to open the pool, but nice to see all her plants doing well,
Nice, when does she usually open it? That’s a big pool to maintain
Got my days mixed up, the keisha`s don`t leave till tomorrow for Orlando!!
In my mind, I’m already there!

Keisha, she opens it around Memorial Day. And closes it sometime after Labor Day. She designed it, as found out biggest size was truck trailer limited. Concrete made, in-ground, with steps very wide and shallow enough, that can go down them with a wheelchair, which I can tell you that from experience. She has a heater on it, so when it well water filled, gets too cool, bath water warm she can make it. She was out there this weekend, mulching all the flower beds. Safe travels tomorrow. Woot! Travel time so very soon. We were lucky, my brother always watched our dogs when we were away. So nice your son can take care of the pooch, for your away time.

Ooh lunchtime. Have to see if little one wants to walk with me. Another nice day, in shorts. And a hehe, DH’s brother tried to call him, and then called me, saying DH’s phone is probably dead. Lucky, I was teleworking today. Asked DH to look at his phone. Was dead. I try to never leave my phone to die, though maybe only have done it a few times.

Holy moly what a Monday today has been. I came in to a Medicare fiasco. One therapist has been approved, but we were still waiting on the other. Quick timeline:
2/28 therapist is told that she needs to make minor changes to her application and submit an electronic funds transfer form. (Medicare will not send paper checks)
2/29 changes are made and EFT form submitted.
3/16 email sent to the Medicare contact person asking for status update, no response
4/4 another email sent with no response
4/11 I receive an email from Medicare at 6:30 pm stating that the EFT form is out of date and we need to complete the correct one and submit ASAP
Also 4/11 afternoon a voicemail message is left with the therapist stating that the form is needed no later than Friday morning or the application will be rejected and the therapist will need to start the process over from the beginning. Therapist did not check her voicemail until Saturday morning. (Office is closed on Fridays)

I sent emails to our Medicare contact person asking for an extension since she had the form for over 40 days and waited until the day the application was scheduled for termination before letting us know that the form was out of date. (Not to mention that the form originally sent was obtained from the Medicare website and there was nothing in the last email she sent me stating that that application would be terminated.)

Thankfully she had not yet terminated the application and I was able to get the correct form to her this morning. Now we wait.

So sorry for the long vent. I am just so stressed and frustrated right now. And my lunch hour is over.

Last edited:

View attachment 851969
Well, sorta. Turkey in oven for youngest DS. His “payment” for taking the dog. lol unexpected answer to my question

Our dinner is a mystery

Need to grab food stuffs for the other DS to eat while we are gone. Then, track meet which will take a solid 4 hours this afternoon

Seriously, looked better than most after a 5K!

I’m still thankful somebody didn’t spoil that one for me. Still rewatch at least once a year as it’s that good

Nice, when does she usually open it? That’s a big pool to maintain

In my mind, I’m already there!

I love he asked for a turkey!!

Us too, we watch a load of movies once a year and Sixth Sense is one of them, all three of the main characters are incredible with a horrific sub plot of the the little girl who just wants to tell her daddy something! Heartbreaking too.

lol....everyone I sent Kyle`s picture to said the same thing, had he really just ran a marathon, he is incredibly fit and healthy for sure, but even we were amazed when we watched him cross the line, looked as if he had just crossed the road not ran 26.2 miles! Very proud of him!

Once again, safe travels and have a blast!!

Holy moly what a Monday today has been. I came in to a Medicare fiasco. One therapist has been approved, but we were still waiting on the other. Quick timeline:
2/28 therapist is told that she needs to make minor changes to her application and submit an electronic finds transfer form. (Medicare will not send paper checks)
2/29 changes are made and EFT form submitted.
3/16 email sent to the Medicare contact person asking for status update, no response
4/4 another email sent with no response
4/11 I receive an email from Medicare at 6:30 pm stating that the EFT form is out of date and we need to complete the correct one and submit ASAP
Also 4/11 afternoon a voicemail message is left with the therapist stating that the form is needed no later than Friday morning or the application will be rejected and the therapist will need to start the process over from the beginning. Therapist did not check her voicemail until Saturday morning. (Office is closed on Fridays)

I sent emails to our Medicare contact person asking for an extension since she had the form for over 40 days and waited until the day the application was scheduled for termination before letting us know that the form was out of date. (Not to mention that the form originally sent was obtained from the Medicare website and there was nothing in the last email she sent me stating that that application would be terminated.)

Thankfully she had not yet terminated the application and I was able to get the correct form to her this morning. Now we wait.

So sorry for the long vent. I am just so stressed and frustrated right now. And my lunch hour is over.

That is a day and a half!!! Hopefully this will get sorted out and you won`t need to deal with it again, and hope your afternoon went better.....your trip is getting closer, that`s gotta help!

We saw the medal and shirt they got for running the marathon today, very cool and he sent us the pro pics he paid for all the way round the course, they are very good too, it`s lovely seeing them all.

Rain, sleet, hailstones, sunshine and wind have been our day today, hopefully tomorrow will be better but I doubt it. Kyle has 3 days off work on vacation days so might go for lunch tomorrow with him if he doesn`t have plans.

Almost bedtime here, yawning my head off and may have dropped off for half an hour, house is warm and cosy despite it being miserable outside. Yep, sleepy time.

Stayed at work 2 hours later than usual putting out fires. We have a client whose insurance changed and he claims it was changed without his consent or knowledge. He seems to think we should have known this. Nope, that’s not how it works. It is up to the member to understand their plan and to inform their providers if something changes.

Today I had a mystery solved. Last week I got 2 notifications from the post office that I had packages coming. I knew that one was a shirt I had ordered, but was completely stumped on the other. It’s dh’s new passport. I had forgotten that he had renewed it recently.

Interesting form of payment, but whatever works.

Kids? It was the 50 somethings who were dressed up.

She designed it, as found out biggest size was truck trailer limited. Concrete made, in-ground, with steps very wide and shallow enough, that can go down them with a wheelchair, which I can tell you that from experience. She has a heater on it, so when it well water filled, gets too cool, bath water warm she can make it.
Wow, impressive. I don’t really want to own a pool but it would be nice if I had a friend who owned a pool

Us too, we watch a load of movies once a year and Sixth Sense is one of them
I have only seen that one once. Good movie, but so creepy and sad.

I am trying to get a little more housecleaning done. I was a little lazy this weekend. B gets off work at 7:00 and we are going to meet for dinner.

hailstones
We had last night, back deck was covered in them. Pooch looking at me like it was my fault when I took him out

I love how Kyle has taken to running!
It’s dh’s new passport. I had forgotten that he had renewed it recently.
Curious, hearing some nightmare tales of lengthy renewals; how long did it take?
Interesting form of payment, but whatever works.
Well, if you ever are my turkey lol. Jk

He just is uncomfortable taking proper payment for helping us out so many times a year
Kids? It was the 50 somethings who were dressed up.
lol that’s funny, raided the dark recesses of their closets maybe?

Curious, hearing some nightmare tales of lengthy renewals; how long did it take?
About 3.5 weeks. I was surprised that it was left in our mailbox. I thought that something that important would require a signature.

One woman wore her varsity letter jacket from 1987. I have a letter, but no jacket.

We had last night, back deck was covered in them. Pooch looking at me like it was my fault when I took him out

I love how Kyle has taken to running!

Well, if you ever are my turkey lol. Jk

He just is uncomfortable taking proper payment for helping us out so many times a year

lol.....your poor pooch, must have wondered like us where spring has gone!

Yes, I see the passion for running in him and all his friends that run too, I admit I admire them immensely at their constant dedication for their sport/hobby. Apparently he enjoyed some of his easter eggs last night, he had abstained during Easter as it was so close the marathon and chocolate was not in the schedule!!!

And the picture I sent you and others, one of my brothers thought he was just about to start the race as he didn`t look like he had just ran that distance.....lol....

Hope your boy enjoys that turkey!!

About 3.5 weeks. I was surprised that it was left in our mailbox. I thought that something that important would require a signature.

One woman wore her varsity letter jacket from 1987. I have a letter, but no jacket.

Yes, passports are supposed to be signed for here too.

Blowing an absolute hoolie over here this morning again. 47mph winds till around lunchtime so if we need to go out it`ll be this afternoon.

The fridge freezer in our utility room started making an intermittent knocking noise, so Google said although they are frost free and don`t need defrosting, switch it off and leave it for a time, so we are going to do that this morning, move all the food to the fridge freezer and chest freezer in the garage and if that doesn`t work, will need to order a new one.

Our Bosch fridge freezer is around 6 years old so I guess maybe it is time for a new one. The one in the garage is around 10 years old and seems to run without flaw, same with the chest freezer, fingers crossed!!

So, not so exciting morning for us, will do the insides of the windows too downstairs as the window cleaner is due tomorrow, yes, chores are dull.

Avocado on toast, lunch will be chicken noodle soup with broth I made yesterday and dinner will be either brown sugar maple salmon or a completely opposite dish of Pad Thai, we`ll decide later.

Second small pot of tea for me first, getting hungry now.

Happy Tuesday and safe travels for keisha and family!!

cv40-S.jpg

cv41-S.jpg

Ah that ever clear sky, still making it so nice and dark, as commuting day, 49 degrees said my outdoor thermometer, 51 says my phone. 2 degrees warmer in the city.

Ooh that was a loud horn. Oh fire truck in the business next to where I work. Got its lights all on. It’s a storage place. Hmm. Must a what was that morning. As I started my cross of the first intersection on a green, saw something dart across the road as I was going through the intersection. Think it was a cat or fox. It was light orange or yellow, I think. So maybe more a cat, than a fox. And followed a truck from second intersection, all the way until he turned and I went straight into my work. But always glad it’s the lowest traffic one, and thus, fastest commute than any of the afternoon ones I’ve done.

Yay, easy booted up, tea in hand, in large mug. And ack, had to change the water bottle. Those things are heavy, and I’m short to haul that thing into the dispenser. But now someone can a mostly full bottled bottle’s water.

And today, time for that thought of a taco meal. Taco Bell has that cantina chicken that is a nice addition to their menu. But as older one also works today, I can’t see any Taco Bell runs for me. Though maybe, as he usually doesn’t open, but has to today, hence he will be home not much after me. Will be nice to see him home before dinner time today.

Hehe, my dog, Keisha, didn’t like a wet anything outside. She did her peeing on our deck, right outside the door. Nothing like a Spring icy storm to tell ya, not that warm time yet. Ick. Hope a safe, and much warmer day for you today.

No rain as first predicted for today, though I swear I felt the lightest rain as I got out of my car into the building. But phone says wall to wall sunshine today. As clear skies will be all day. Though windy, as said, wind gusts up to 11 mph. And now rain chance is only for tomorrow. Good thing I bought two new golf umbrellas. Put one in older one’s car. Haven’t had one in years, when my most favorite one, was destroyed in a very rainy and windy game, when little one still had soccer that afternoon. And while I have other, smaller umbrellas, nice to have a large one in the car now.

Yay, no jacket on. As 73 the high. Figured my cooler walk into the car and building, this early morning, was not that cool as needing a jacket. And it wasn’t. Car and work temps, seem the Goldilock’s just right. Though had to turn off the car AC, which we needed yesterday, late afternoon, when little one wanted to get iced coffee and a Trader Joe’s run. It was very warm then. We had 82 late afternoon, yesterday. Was so nice of a day.

As back to week day routine I go. Mid morning and lunchtime meetings. Sigh. But hoping that means a quick day. And forgot my sunglasses, so I hope little one forgot hers in my car. Hehe, I steal hers when I forget mine.

Most Terrific Taco Tuesday today. Taco 🌮. Yum.

View attachment 852197
Not yet, flight delayed.

:rotfl:

Hope you don`t have too long to wait now.

Sun is out, but still so cold, glad we`re not venturing out and having a day in doing little bits and bobs around the place.

Windows all cleaned, downstairs anyway, fridge freezer seems ok and I think it`s time for a cuppa and a scone.

90s this weekend and very little chance of rain.
We're @SW Sat and BG Sun.
Might slip in a F&G trip by June.
Definitely back to UO in May since DW fell for my nefarious plot to spend more time together ❤️.
Had leftover sausage peppers and onions from last night and added it to a freshly made Alfredo with some roasted tomatoes and porcinis.
Sauce was epic, I love cream based sauces but they are soooo rich and fattening.

Good evening everyone. Today was a long and exhausting day. I took the day off work and B and I went to the North Carolina Zoo. So much walking and so many school groups. The crowds weren’t too bad, but the children were a little exuberant.
It was sunny and very warm today, so most of the animals were sleeping or hiding, but I did manage to get a few good shots including the elusive arctic fox.

IMG_2943.jpeg

IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2945.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_2966.jpeg

Last edited:
Into parks by 4 pm, 5 miles and lots of rides as rather dead.

Hello cheerleaders my old friends. One more corona by the pool while watching them do their thing. Well behaved, glad we head to another property tomorrow lol
We gave up Disney value resorts completely after a few cheer swarm encounters.
Glad it was slow for you.
We were amazed last weekend at how slow it was at times.
Have a great time!!!!

:wave2: It's been a hot minute again since my last stop in!!!

I am in my new role as a full-time admin at our hospital. I'm in the cancer center in radiation therapy. A smaller, more quiet unit. I think we finally have my access to everything all figured out....sadly I only have my trainer for another three days - with all the hiccups. I may reach out to my manager to see if I could have my trainer for a couple more days next week. She currently works all the different desks in systemic ( chemo ) unit. So hopefully they can sacrifice her for a few extra days next week.

We were busy the last week, as the kids threatened dh to take me out car shopping when dh went on his long business trip in May, if he got a new vehicle before I did :laughing: - since I have been driving my current vehicle for 11 years lol. That was his push to actually actively look. We found one what I was looking for - and upgraded to what we were first looking for. It's got lots of bells and whistles compared to my old " Izzy" - and I'm loving it!

We woke up to a dusting of that icky white stuff. I'm trying not to complain too much, as we need any form of moisture that we can get. It sure made me happier this morning driving the new wheels with a heated steering wheel and seats ::yes::

Dh and older ds are working out of town this week. Youngest ds texted me early this afternoon, asking if I knew what I was making for dinner tonight, and I had no plans. He took it upon himself to make me dinner tonight - tacos and tater tots!!! I was more than happy to eat anything I didn't have to whip up.

I just thought I would try to stop in and catch up with everyone. It seems like life may settle down a bit now - that I'm down to just one job now. I should be stopping in more often again :flower:

Have a great sleep everyone!!!!

I did manage to get a few good shots including the elusive arctic fox.
Beautiful. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one
We gave up Disney value resorts completely after a few cheer swarm encounters.
lol it’s crazy how they swarm. Last two years do seem to be better behaved/supervised here.

Thst said…it’s just one night. I’m appreciative to just be here considering we had snow last week. Helps we are finally getting to stay at resort we’ve been trying to book for decades without success using our points. Trying another one out the end of the trip. Lots of hopping around this time lol

Pumpkin -exciting changes for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter