Something About Nothing............ #14

Good afternoon. Nothing interesting going on here. I got off work a couple of hours early today. I’ve already had a short nap.

So apparently you CAN book the shuttle from the airport even with a room only plan. When I visited back in 2021 I was told that the shuttle was only available as an add on to a vacation package. Either I was misinformed or the policy has changed. I was happy to book the shuttle today since it is by far the cheapest option. No grocery stop, but Instacart is always an option if I need it.

I will have a new experience with this upcoming trip. Usually I change planes in Charlotte, NC. I stop in Charlotte on my flight out, but will be changing planes in Philadelphia when I return. I have never flown into Philadelphia before. Thankfully I have plenty of time between flights to find my way around.

Nothing beats a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven.

It will probably be May before I put mine away. The weather is too unpredictable.

Looks delicious.

Yes, I think you`ve always been able to book the shuttle for non package guests, least you know you`ll be sorted now.

Yep, cookies straight from the oven....perfect! And yes, that cherry pie was pretty darn good!

In my defense, this year’s (been using black lately) mulch is sitting to the left of my shade garden. Was such a nice boost to see that some daffodils and hyacinths came up, even if the crocus seem to be another bust this year. Nice surprise to see that the mr sanded down two of my old garden statues (gifts from my kids) and repainted them like new for me.
View attachment 846150

View attachment 846158

And then some

Well, it looks lovely, stain is perfect etc. I noticed when I floured it to roll out cinnamon rolls there was a section where the grain was raised. I’m the sort it will drive me insane. 😖. thank God the mr is used my ways. He’s going to sand it down and re-stain it. Then going to recondition it a few times. Thinking it’s “thirsty” wood.

Sounds a tho you will have a lovely Easter gathering!

That is amazing! Certainly worth trying. Is it “raw/natural” honey? I tend to by the processed stuff after there were botulism issues with a local, respected provider a few years back.

Absolutely. Since we have hot water heat, it’s often sauna like here. No complaints, certainly prefer it over dry heat

That looks better than majority of my pies!

There you go

the one time we had a connection to west coast, drove me mad that we had to head east, then back over our house the other way.

Still debating whether Im going to cancel the existing flight to MCO for April trip on SWA. Idea to rebook in order to get “free” companion status from August to early October. I could do some damage there. Especially, with a west coast trip.

The first flight, NS we have now, is pricing out $600+ pp, more than I paid for entire trip flight for both of us. Ouch. No way will I pay that. Only other option is a connection thru BWI that is only $80 more total for both of us, over what we have now. ATL is a bit less, no way am I will willing sit there and kill time. Only airport I’ve flown thru that was worse experience is Midway

May just flip a coin, need to decide by tonight.:headache: Just so long since we had to deal with a connection…

lol.....I LOVE that meme!!! I am the original rebel without a pause!!!

Oh that was so nice of your mister!!! So cute. Are garden gnomes popular over there, over here they are very popular with a certain section of society, usually eccentric older folks who can have hundreds of them in their garden!! Yours are prettier though.

The pie was lovely Janet, she did well with the baking, she learns quickly.

Enjoyed a nice gin with fizzy lemonade tonight, might have been a double........:rolleyes1

Watched some trashy tv, got fed up and put the 70`s/80`s channel on, hard to beat it watching those videos and listening to the best music.

Friday tomorrow, this week has completely disappeared in a huge bubble, April next week, we have a few birthdays next month so will need to get organised for that.

Almost bed time now....another kinda early night.......:)

Good Friday morning....

It is a beautiful morning here, very breezy, but beautiful, it`s supposed to be raining according to the weather. We didn`t properly close the blackout drapes last night and the sun woke us up incredibly early which was lovely for me, sleeping beauty not so much.....lol........I got up and closed them all over and came down for a cuppa.

I forgot to buy a couple of Easter eggs, I`m 3 short, not sure how that happened but, will pick them up this morning, hoping the Easter shopping crowds aren`t too bad. It`s crazy how stores are as busy as Christmas and most stores are closed for one day and everyone has overflowing trolley`s. We`ll have a basket today, once we leave the grocery store we head to the butcher as he has some fresh turkey crowns in, so that`ll be Easter Sunday dinner, will keep the lamb in the freezer.

Then hopefully we`ll get out a walk as it`s going to be high 50`s this afternoon, warmest it`s been for a while, one of my Goddaughters is coming for lunch so we`ll see if she wants to walk too if the rain hasn`t arrived. lunch is just a smallish charcuterie and will pop into the bakers for some bread, she loves sourdough, not our favourite so might pick up an onion loaf for us. Then steak for dinner tonight, looking forward to that.

Most folks are off this weekend so everything is a little bit busier, so we avoid doing much near shops as far as possible. Will see some friends of course.

Poached egg, bacon and toast this morning and already on my third cup of tea.....and that really is something about nothing!!

cv141-S.gif

cv9-S.jpg

cv39-S.png

☺️

Have a lovely Friday :sunny:

Ah that Friday feeling happiness. Last day of week day routine. And while just above freezing this morning, will be a night and very windy day. Clear skies, and heard that cardinal as tossed out some trash, before booting up. And glad they quietly installed a new secure connection, so no unstable web connection going forward. I hope this way stays.

And that rain chances, aren’t until next week. Saying these next three days will be dry. And seasonal. Highs in the mid 50’s.

Ooh and the last Friday in March. This month seems to have flown by. Hehe, April fools up next week. Fitting it’s a Monday.

And so, will be nice to see some family members this weekend. And oddly, older one has off tomorrow, but working the holiday. Should be a quiet day for him, as he works at a place where you’d not think to go there for most Easter items. This, hope a lunch out with older one tomorrow, and little one today, as have that double long lunch break today.

Good morning, and hope all have a most Fabulous Friday and a wonderful holiday weekend.

IMG_4930.jpeg
Pumpkin pies on tap after I finish my charcoal face mask. Priorities

Priced out trip for D23, and not worth the cost SW charging to make it a long weekend. So a pass for me this August out in CA.
We do have memberships, have yet to go to any event, even when held at WDW.

As my mr put it: if I’m going to Disney, I’m there for the parks & whatever onsite hotel I’m bleeding for $. Half in jest, I think. He rarely offers any input into trip planning. When he does I give him that courtesy of making it happen

We were at DL for one of the d23s, silly me thot the parks would be quiet. Nope. Most other times when big conventions, didn’t seem busy until the convention evening tix hours

So many more this year are wailing they couldn't get into a single, good presentation, despite paying big bucks. No idea what’s up with that. I’d be of the same mind.

O sympathy re moaning as to New venue & people losing it as to no loungefly bags allowed. Don’t they attend any RL events? couldn't
I envy you. Connections are just a part of all of our trips.
we are admitted spoiled. Although I’m still annoyed SWA dropped direct flights to LAX. Good excuse to stop in Vegas one way & justify paying more to connect out of SNA. It’s such a nice, small terminal & far less traffic
Are garden gnomes popular over there, over here they are very popular with a certain section of society, usually eccentric older folks who can have hundreds of them in their garden!! Yours are prettier though.
lol with that ‘society’ and those of us who imagine it sardonically cool. Problem is, once people see one of anything or pick up on any sort of affiliation (sports team, Disney, U’s franchises HP stuff); you can expect many thoughtful ;)gifts going forward. It’s that thot that does count. Just pesky to display the Knicknack things to avoid hurt feelings. The garden stuff is easy, plant it somewhere and forgettaboutit

We didn`t properly close the blackout drapes last night and the sun woke us up incredibly early
I often deliberately do that as back up to a set alarm. The only days I tend to sleep in
It`s crazy how stores are as busy as Christmas and most stores are closed for one day and everyone has overflowing trolley`s.
Seriously, do people only buy even the most basic groceries on holidays?
he works at a place where you’d not think to go there for most Easter items.
Haha whatever is open with Easter plants tends to be a procrastinator Mecca that morning.

Happy Friday. I just got back from the dentist. Nothing new there.

I think I am really ready for my trip. Last night I dreamed that I was at my hotel checking in and forgot to ask if I could choose the design for my key card. I got the card and the was The Simpsons again. My last 2 cards have been The Simpsons.

Are garden gnomes popular over there, over here they are very popular with a certain section of society, usually eccentric older folks who can have hundreds of them in their garden!!
They seem to be very popular with cross stitchers. I’m in a Facebook group of cross stitchers and several people are stitching gnome patterns. They’re cute, but not really my style.

Hehe, April fools up next week. Fitting it’s a Monday.
So very appropriate. I thought I was going to work Monday, but both therapists decided to take the day off.

we are admitted spoiled. Although I’m still annoyed SWA dropped direct flights to LAX. Good excuse to stop in Vegas one way & justify paying more to connect out of SNA. It’s such a nice, small terminal & far less traffic
I wanted to use the smaller airports when we went to LA and DL last year, but got such a good deal flying into LAX that I couldn’t pass it up.

In about 30 minutes I am meeting with the therapist that I will be helping to catch up on her billing. Hopefully it won’t be too bad. Any money I make from this is going into the vacation fund.

View attachment 846301
Pumpkin pies on tap after I finish my charcoal face mask. Priorities

We do have memberships, have yet to go to any event, even when held at WDW.

As my mr put it: if I’m going to Disney, I’m there for the parks & whatever onsite hotel I’m bleeding for $. Half in jest, I think. He rarely offers any input into trip planning. When he does I give him that courtesy of making it happen

We were at DL for one of the d23s, silly me thot the parks would be quiet. Nope. Most other times when big conventions, didn’t seem busy until the convention evening tix hours

So many more this year are wailing they couldn't get into a single, good presentation, despite paying big bucks. No idea what’s up with that. I’d be of the same mind.

O sympathy re moaning as to New venue & people losing it as to no loungefly bags allowed. Don’t they attend any RL events? couldn't

lol with that ‘society’ and those of us who imagine it sardonically cool. Problem is, once people see one of anything or pick up on any sort of affiliation (sports team, Disney, U’s franchises HP stuff); you can expect many thoughtful ;)gifts going forward. It’s that thot that does count. Just pesky to display the Knicknack things to avoid hurt feelings. The garden stuff is easy, plant it somewhere and forgettaboutit

I often deliberately do that as back up to a set alarm. The only days I tend to sleep in

Seriously, do people only buy even the most basic groceries on holidays?

Haha whatever is open with Easter plants tends to be a procrastinator Mecca that morning.

lol....Janet, we have this one (picture from Google) one of Tom`s colleagues bought it as a joke gift when he retired, we love it!!! It sits by our front door, slightly weather worn now after 7 years, gosh can`t believe he took early retirement 7 years ago now!!!

But, yes, they do tend to be kept by a certain type.....only the best of course lol.......

1711725861649.jpeg

We went into a grocery store this morning, no trolleys to be found, carts in America. Place was mobbed!!! And yes, folks aren`t just buying stuff for Easter dinner......one woman had about 8 loaves of bread.....bread.....no thanks, if it had been wine and treats I`d get it!! We picked up what we needed and high tailed it out of there quickly. We won`t shop now till Monday at the earliest. Most places only closed on Sunday this weekend.

Hope the pies turn out well......oh meant to say I finally saw the ad for the Omen movie, not sure if I`ll like it or not but I do plan to go to the cinema to see it, I think we get it week after next. Will book seats for a daytime screening and hopefully it won`t be too busy.

Yep, got what we needed this morning and a very busy butcher too whe we went in, we had pre ordered so just picked it up and left.

Nice lunch with one of our goddaughters, we didn`t quite sit outside, but opened the doors wide in the kitchen and enjoyed the sunshine while we ate, it was lovely catching up with her.

Washing all out on the line today too, washed, hung out, dried, ironed and put away all before 4pm!! Looking forward to dinner tonight, Tom is cooking our steaks, so I`ll get everything else ready. This afternoon we are watching JP Dominion, I don`t remember much of it but do enjoy watching Sam Neill!!!

Not too early for a glass of wine on Good Friday, might have a few with friends popping in over the weekend and we`ll visit a couple too, always nice to see friends anytime.

In my defense, this year’s (been using black lately) mulch is sitting to the left of my shade garden. Was such a nice boost to see that some daffodils and hyacinths came up, even if the crocus seem to be another bust this year. Nice surprise to see that the mr sanded down two of my old garden statues (gifts from my kids) and repainted them like new for me.
View attachment 846150

View attachment 846158

And then some

Well, it looks lovely, stain is perfect etc. I noticed when I floured it to roll out cinnamon rolls there was a section where the grain was raised. I’m the sort it will drive me insane. 😖. thank God the mr is used my ways. He’s going to sand it down and re-stain it. Then going to recondition it a few times. Thinking it’s “thirsty” wood.

Sounds a tho you will have a lovely Easter gathering!

That is amazing! Certainly worth trying. Is it “raw/natural” honey? I tend to by the processed stuff after there were botulism issues with a local, respected provider a few years back.

Absolutely. Since we have hot water heat, it’s often sauna like here. No complaints, certainly prefer it over dry heat

That looks better than majority of my pies!

There you go

the one time we had a connection to west coast, drove me mad that we had to head east, then back over our house the other way.

Still debating whether Im going to cancel the existing flight to MCO for April trip on SWA. Idea to rebook in order to get “free” companion status from August to early October. I could do some damage there. Especially, with a west coast trip.

The first flight, NS we have now, is pricing out $600+ pp, more than I paid for entire trip flight for both of us. Ouch. No way will I pay that. Only other option is a connection thru BWI that is only $80 more total for both of us, over what we have now. ATL is a bit less, no way am I will willing sit there and kill time. Only airport I’ve flown thru that was worse experience is Midway

May just flip a coin, need to decide by tonight.:headache: Just so long since we had to deal with a connection…
Okay, Janet, I'm going to seem dumb, but here goes: I don't know what raw honey is? Is it the kind that comes with the comb still in it? I buy the Mennonites and it's always just in a jar. They process it somehow, but it is all natural, I think?? Okay that was really clear as mud. Help????

Good Friday afternoon everyone :wave2:

IMG_3198.jpeg

IMG_3199.jpeg

IMG_3192.gif
We tried a Bonefish last year in Florida, steaks were amazing, fish not so much, but we`d go back and try it again as it was a nice place. Sorry the pizza place was a bust, I`m sure you`re spoiled for choice with other places to eat.
The Bonefish we go to in Indiana is really good and consistent with the quality of the food they serve. This one in Vero sadly not good.

School was fun this morning, the kids break up on Wednesday for Easter so I had asked if it was ok to bring that class in an easter egg each. With everyone having an allergy now, I wasn`t sure if it would be ok, but the headmistress said it was fine, so they were delighted with their treat. They`re only little and nice to see them so pleased to get a little gift.
I bet the little ones were happy to get their special treat from you.

DS had gallbladder surgery today. Up at 3:30 am. He’s down for the count. I can barely keep eyes open. Will be a miracle if I make 9 pm
I hope this helps your son and he recovers quickly.

Thanks I’m still struggling to get back to where I was walking pre the Dec into feb illnesses that still are mocking me. Will get there, eventually.
Sometimes those things just take time. You will get there.

OMG that’s awful. Hope u are a bit more comfy today
All is well. Have a large blister on big toe. I’am still inclined to believe these little critters have become more venomous then when I was bit a few years ago. I had a worse reaction to the bites this time and I was lucky only to be bit twice.

I have sleep pattern issues but who doesn’t these days when you get older.
Still have not reached to the level of corrected vision for one eye, but that’s nothing new. I will learn to live with it just fine.
Got my driver’s license back and all good in my world.
Mac hope you feel better soon and your eyes adjust.

Robo: I know how you feel with fire ants. I never even knew there was such a thing until we moved to Tennessee, the home of all kinds of insects, LOL. They are ferocious and we stayed away from them.
I think in I was bitten when I put the pool rescue pole back in its place down at the pool. The tree pruners had been in and trimmed the Palm trees and knocked down the rescue pole from the holder. I did not see any ant hills, but they must have been in the mulch and the hill was disturbed by the pruner.

My granddaughter is up for a visit over Easter. My grandsons, wife, grandson will all be here. It will be so nice to have them all together with us:) Our little great grandson is about 22 months old. When he was around 18 months or even younger, his mother taught him sign language. No, he is not deaf. He can sign a lot of words, but can't speak a lot of words yet. His mother said that babies can soak up learning like a sponge, and that is why she tried sign language on him. It's funny to see this little toddler signing, and I am learning it too. I guess it's really true that little ones can learn at a very young age.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter with friends and loved ones:)

ruth
Ruth so good to hear you are getting some visits from your family. Enjoy.

You are right,
those little ones are like sponges with learning new things so easily.

You know how it is recommended that you change the batteries in your fire alarms whenever the time changes? I wish we had listened. One of them started chirping just after 10:00. Dh was sound asleep (with earplugs) and I didn’t want to wake him. I can’t reach the alarms and ladders make me anxious. B to the rescue.
In related news, we need to buy more batteries.
When our nephew came to visit in February he was so sweet and and climbed the ladder and changed the batteries in all the smoke detectors. We have high ceilings and it is a job.

My sister and her family came in Tuesday for some beach and pool time. It was a Red flag day at the beach so only enjoying water from the sand.

Sadly a Canadian man was injured when he went into the ocean. My Sister and I looked down the beach and saw a man being carried out of the water. On my way I called out to some folks on beach to call paramedics. We went down to assist and thankfully he was conscious and talking. He was beat up in surf with head and chest abrasions and complained of mild arm numbness. We made sure to stabilize his head and neck with towels until beach rescue team arrived to get him to the parking lot to the paramedics.

His teenage daughters were the hero’s for sure. The realized what was happening with him and grabbed him quickly or he would have drowned. He was a very tall guy and his daughters were pretty tiny.

This is another warning to all that when Red Flags are posted on the Beach stay out of the water.

We came back to our pool in our community and had some fun pool time. Little J really liked the pool.

I had prepped homemade meatballs the night before so I finished preparing a big spaghetti and meatball dinner, salad and garlic bread meal while everyone was showering. My sister K’s grandson M loves spaghetti and meatballs so I wanted to make the meal special for him.

I made cake brownies with cherry sauce and peanut butter cookies and cranberry cookies for dessert. Everyone was so full after dinner that I packaged up the desserts to go. They area staying with my older sister D in Harmony about an hour north of me.

Yesterday I took my sister K’s teenage grandsons and my Niece little J’s mom to KSC. It was mobbed with people. Our kids are on Spring break this week and that crowd with all the other folks on Spring break travel made it beyond busy. Also there were no bus tours over to the Apollo/Saturn building yesterday as is offered with regular ticket admission do to an extra event for a lift off. So that was not soaking up some of people.

There was supposed to be a lift off of the last Delta IV Heavy. This was going to be the last time a Delta rocket went up and then they will be retired. So this added to the people that were at KSC.

There was an option to pay an extra $70.00 per person to go over to the Apollo/Saturn building to get closer to watch the lift off, but I decided it would not be worth it as there were to many clouds and strong upper atmospheric winds. I had a hunch the lift off would be scrubbed and it was. I really wanted everyone to see the lift off, but these things happen.

Also once you were transported on the bus over to the Apollo/Saturn building you would be there until after the rocket launched. That would have been great as it was originally supposed to launch at 1:40 pm. Then was delayed untill 2:45 pm.

Once you are transported there you were there even if the rocket was delayed multiple times. You were staying until the open window to launch had passed at 6 pm. Major commitment.

KSC does allow you to have another shot at watching a lift off if you paid extra the next day it not you are out the money. At least they attempt to make it work.

All in all we were able to see everything and enjoy our time there. Of course my family having their on personal guide helped. I enjoyed every minute of our visit. My niece and great-nephews are so sweet and fun to be around.

So lazy day today after all the walking yesterday.

Our son called yesterday and let us know that they are already calling a potential state of emergency in the area there and telling locals to shop for food and gas their vehicles like they would be preparing for a blizzard. Why would you say, in the Spring with temps in the upper to low 60’s. They are expecting the area to be overwhelmed with an estimated one million people to see the total eclipse. Kinda of scary. Will see what happens.

Have a wonderful Good Friday everyone.

Nothing new there.
Good for you! I can’t remember ever getting out without an appt for something it other lol
oh meant to say I finally saw the ad for the Omen movie, not sure if I`ll like it or not but I do plan to go to the cinema to see it,
It does look good. I made a date with my DS to see the new Godzilla movie. Yes, a very guilty pleasure for me
The Bonefish we go to in Indiana is really good
The two here never bounced back to their high standards. I had recommended the one by SeaWorld but service is now atrocious. We do the one off sherbet risd south of Disney. Mostly locals
Thanks. Turns out it was ruptured. He’s lucky it came out when it did. Still so nauseated poor guy
I had a worse reaction to the bites this time and I was lucky only to be bit twice.
I wonder if it’s if the you build a tolerance or it’s worse each time ala bee venom
This is another warning to all that when Red Flags are posted on the Beach stay out of the water.
Seriously scary!
My sister K’s grandson M loves spaghetti and meatballs so I wanted to make the meal special for him.
Yum
Once you are transported there you were there even if the rocket was delayed multiple times. You were staying until the open window to launch had passed at 6 pm. Major commitment.

KSC does allow you to have another shot at watching a lift off if you paid extra the next day it not you are out the money. At least they attempt to make it work.
That’s what always had us pass On it. Did enjoy the other tours
They are expecting the area to be overwhelmed with an estimated one million people to see the total eclipse. Kinda of scary. Will see what happens.
We will be among those that are part of that general problem. Do have hotel booked for 2 nights. No way would we attempt to drive back home afterwards that night.

Also, secured a reservation at a lighthouse park, high on a bluff to view.

Problem, Erie is such a small city, they have few parking garages in the city proper (lakeside). Lighthouse is in a residential area

Roads will be in emergency evacuation/snow routes protocol, no street parking there. Would be a good 5 mile walk to any lot.

Wanted to picnic on the peninsula/state park. Go early& set up for day on beach (with a bathroom lol). Locals advising us to be in line on the only access road well before it opens @5 am. 😶

I can do that, it’s the getting back to hotel cross town in all that traffic that is very daunting thot

Ruth

Raw honey: best described as honey “as it exists in the beehive”

made by extracting honey from the honeycombs of the hive and pouring it over a mesh or nylon cloth to separate the honey from impurities like beeswax and dead bees. Once strained, raw honey is bottled

Not for infants or those with pollen allergies as bacteria can be present

regular honey: involves several more steps before it is bottled (pasteurization and filtration)

Pasteurization destroys the yeast found in honey by applying high heat. This helps extend the shelf life and makes it smoother

Homey labeled Organic can be either

Okay, Janet, I'm going to seem dumb, but here goes: I don't know what raw honey is? Is it the kind that comes with the comb still in it? I buy the Mennonites and it's always just in a jar. They process it somehow, but it is all natural, I think?? Okay that was really clear as mud. Help????

lol.....Tom loves the raw honey with the honeycomb still in the container. Being honest, the sight of it is not my favourite thing to see, but I keep it out of sight. Most of the honey our local producers make doesn`t have the honeycomb left in but several of them do and that`s where we go for ours.

It is so good for us, I wish I liked it, I don`t really count honey mustard dressing as healthy I guess......Tom has it on croissants, toast, fruit or really, he can just eat it by the tablespoon......not in front of me!!!

Good Friday afternoon everyone :wave2:

View attachment 846356

View attachment 846360

View attachment 846358

The Bonefish we go to in Indiana is really good and consistent with the quality of the food they serve. This one in Vero sadly not good.

I bet the little ones were happy to get their special treat from you.

Sometimes those things just take time. You will get there.

All is well. Have a large blister on big toe. I’am still inclined to believe these little critters have become more venomous then when I was bit a few years ago. I had a worse reaction to the bites this time and I was lucky only to be bit twice.

Mac hope you feel better soon and your eyes adjust.

I think in I was bitten when I put the pool rescue pole back in its place down at the pool. The tree pruners had been in and trimmed the Palm trees and knocked down the rescue pole from the holder. I did not see any ant hills, but they must have been in the mulch and the hill was disturbed by the pruner.

Ruth so good to hear you are getting some visits from your family. Enjoy.

You are right,
those little ones are like sponges with learning new things so easily.

When our nephew came to visit in February he was so sweet and and climbed the ladder and changed the batteries in all the smoke detectors. We have high ceilings and it is a job.

My sister and her family came in Tuesday for some beach and pool time. It was a Red flag day at the beach so only enjoying water from the sand.

Sadly a Canadian man was injured when he went into the ocean. My Sister and I looked down the beach and saw a man being carried out of the water. On my way I called out to some folks on beach to call paramedics. We went down to assist and thankfully he was conscious and talking. He was beat up in surf with head and chest abrasions and complained of mild arm numbness. We made sure to stabilize his head and neck with towels until beach rescue team arrived to get him to the parking lot to the paramedics.

His teenage daughters were the hero’s for sure. The realized what was happening with him and grabbed him quickly or he would have drowned. He was a very tall guy and his daughters were pretty tiny.

We came back to our pool in our community and had some fun pool time. Little J really liked the pool.

I had prepped homemade meatballs the night before so I finished preparing a big spaghetti and meatball dinner, salad and garlic bread meal while everyone was showering. My sister K’s grandson M loves spaghetti and meatballs so I wanted to make the meal special for him.

I made cake brownies with cherry sauce and peanut butter cookies and cranberry cookies for dessert. Everyone was so full after dinner that I packaged up the desserts to go. They area staying with my older sister D in Harmony about an hour north of me.

Yesterday I took my sister K’s teenage grandsons and my Niece little J’s mom to KSC. It was mobbed with people. Our kids are on Spring break this week and that crowd with all the other folks on Spring break travel made it beyond busy. Also there were no bus tours over to the Apollo/Saturn building yesterday as is offered with regular ticket admission do to an extra event for a lift off. So that was not soaking up some of people.

There was supposed to be a lift off of the last Delta IV Heavy. This was going to be the last time a Delta rocket went up and then they will be retired. So this added to the people that were at KSC.

There was an option to pay an extra $70.00 per person to go over to the Apollo/Saturn building to get closer to watch the lift off, but I decided it would not be worth it as there were to many clouds and strong upper atmospheric winds. I had a hunch the lift off would be scrubbed and it was. I really wanted everyone to see the lift off, but these things happen.

Also once you were transported on the bus over to the Apollo/Saturn building you would be there until after the rocket launched. That would have been great as it was originally supposed to launch at 1:40 pm. Then was delayed untill 2:45 pm.

All in all we were able to see everything and enjoy our time there. Of course my family having their on personal guide helped. I enjoyed every minute of our visit. My niece and great-nephews are so sweet and fun to be around.

So lazy day today after all the walking yesterday.

Our son called yesterday and let us know that they are already calling a potential state of emergency in the area there and telling locals to shop for food and gas their vehicles like they would be preparing for a blizzard. Why would you say, in the Spring with temps in the upper to low 60’s. They are expecting the area to be overwhelmed with an estimated one million people to see the total eclipse. Kinda of scary. Will see what happens.

Have a wonderful Good Friday everyone.

High ceilings are one of the reasons we have the fire brigade come and do ours, particularly the hall/staircase, but it`s a very good service they offer.

I never understand folks who ignore the flag warnings, we have them on our beaches too but every year without fail folks ignore them, crazy. Two of my godchildren have been life guards part time and they have a long list of stories of idiotic people and their antics in the water.

That aside, sounds like a lovely day with family. Have a lovely Easter weekend Robbie.

Good for you! I can’t remember ever getting out without an appt for something it other lol

It does look good. I made a date with my DS to see the new Godzilla movie. Yes, a very guilty pleasure for me

The two here never bounced back to their high standards. I had recommended the one by SeaWorld but service is now atrocious. We do the one off sherbet risd south of Disney. Mostly locals

Thanks. Turns out it was ruptured. He’s lucky it came out when it did. Still so nauseated poor guy

I wonder if it’s if the you build a tolerance or it’s worse each time ala bee venom

Seriously scary!

Yum

That’s what always had us pass On it. Did enjoy the other tours

We will be among those that are part of that general problem. Do have hotel booked for 2 nights. No way would we attempt to drive back home afterwards that night.

Also, secured a reservation at a lighthouse park, high on a bluff to view.

Problem, Erie is such a small city, they have few parking garages in the city proper (lakeside). Lighthouse is in a residential area

Roads will be in emergency evacuation/snow routes protocol, no street parking there. Would be a good 5 mile walk to any lot.

Wanted to picnic on the peninsula/state park. Go early& set up for day on beach (with a bathroom lol). Locals advising us to be in line on the only access road well before it opens @5 am. 😶

I can do that, it’s the getting back to hotel cross town in all that traffic that is very daunting thot

lol...Tom would be right there with you at a Godzilla movie!! He loves them too, never quite caught on with me but....whatever makes us smile is good for us!!

It was the Bonefish near Seaworld we went to, steaks were very, very good, but my fish and sides were cold along with fish being overcooked. Waitress was not the most amenable of women and looked at me as though I had personally insulted her. The manager however, was very different and made it right, but doubt we`d go back to that one as several have said the same as you.

Hope your boy is still improving and can enjoy the weekend with family!!

Wild Friday night???? Nah, we were in bed for 10.30, the high life.

Up with the larks this morning as we have another day of beautiful sunshine ahead, much better than forecast for the weekend, not too shabby at 55F either. So a walk is on the cards this morning, we`ll head out immediately after breakfast although it will be a little chillier then.

Meeting two friends who are driving over for the beach to walk their dogs so we`ll stop in at the cafe we really like as they are open for the season now for a cuppa before coming home for lunch. It`s an odd one with both woolly hat and sunglasses on today!!

Plan to drop in on my friend Felicity who is improving rapidly, will have a cocktail with them, they don`t celebrate Easter so no Easter eggs for them but will take a bottle of wine....wine is always welcome!!! All our friends and us have an open house policy with each other, welcome anytime, but it`s nice over a holiday weekend to catch up.

Making a home made chicken curry tonight, a simple one that`s more like a Chinese restaurant style curry as opposed to Indian or Thai, Tom loves it, so when he asks, I make it.

Also making spicy margaritas tonight, well spicy for me, Tom prefers his without the spice and hopefully a good movie.

Gripe of the morning though.....tried to buy some new cups and saucers, nice ones but not ones similar to a proper teaset as we have plenty of those as well as mugs. I can get some lovely cups, but very few places sell saucers anymore!!! We like saucers, but they seem to be disappearing from general sale. I saw a lovely set of larger cups that wouldn`t be described as mugs, very pretty but no saucers......now I do know that is a something about nothing to most folks, but just something I noticed.

Nice weekend ahead though.......hope everyone has a good Easter.

1711785303322.gif

cv38-Th.jpg

1711784995214.jpeg

Ah, I don’t mind going to a movie theater for a movie I’m not that keen to see. But only the kids are going to see Godzilla today. While I think I remember taking older one when he was much younger to see a Godzilla movie, but not really a fan of that monster. Hehe, little one even got older one a Godzilla shirt to wear. Not sure he’s the kind that would wear it today, though.

Ah, up early, as DH doing his USO volunteering today. Know he will have has share of coffee there, so did not make him some as he left over an hour ago. I went back to sleep for about another half hour, then just came out of the shower, and relaxing. Hear that cardinal in the pre dawn hour as I sit near the window where the tree is, and when he’s in it, he can be loud sounding in this more quiet time of day. Glad to hear him. And they stay year round here. As still having some cool early mornings this earlier part of Spring. But a glorious sunshine will be had, after a close to freezing overnight, and start today. But clouds will rule the skies by lunchtime. And even with that cloud cover starting this mid day, close to 60 is the high in the late afternoon. So a nice day for us. And even more thankful. While to be an overcast day tomorrow, the warmest day that next week. And dry. Since Monday through Thursday, every day saying will see some rain. But yay, this coming Friday and next weekend are predicted to be dry days. Woot! April showers showing up the first week in April.

So a good morning to all. Glad to hear Keisha’s son feeling better. More get well mummy dust wishes to him, as floating across the state to him.

Where we live, not that full eclipse seen. But that’s okay, we will still stay where we live, to see the closer to full. I am sure many are flocking to the larger area swatch of full eclipse. Will be crazy busy in those areas that day.

Ah, weekend laziness. So enjoy it. And my tea, and time to switch the channel. Always a crap shoot as to whether a commercial show, or a rerun I remember enough, don’t care to see it again. And even the news can be somewhat repetitive too. But there’s always a show I haven’t seen or don’t remember it, or even new.

For now, the best I am hearing is that cardinal in the tree.

Super relaxing Saturday to all. Almost shocking how time has passed, as this weekend is the ending, last two days of March and Easter arrives. Woot! That means hoping much warmer days are coming next month.

And today, means a day off that countdown to my Spring trip. Long weekend one, as not needing to use a week up this time. Fully expect to squeeze in a Summer one too, besides the Fall, double week one already booked and mostly paid for. And late last night, little one said why don’t we book a doubly priced higher priced hotel than the price we currently have for a more budget hotel we already booked. Looked at the difference in location, and what the room difference were. Booked it, and cancelled the other. Though will be stalking the prices, to see if I can get a better price then, then even the one I did get, at a okay discount. Woot! Looking forward to that quick trip. And hoping much warmer weather than home will be.

I shouldn’t have laughed getting this sent to me yesterday
IMG_4861.jpeg
GD making comfirmation in little less than two weeks, picked this up for her from her favorite jeweler, Kendra Scott. I had never heard of them TBH, popular with the tik tok crowd I guess. Gold with crystals but, very dainty cross.
IMG_4937.jpeg
Turkey #1 has another two hours to go in oven. Will likely cook the extra breast later and then the ham tomorrow. Strawberry pies up next, later egg dying with two of the kids and grilling some steaks. Hope we catch a break from the showers Looks like unable to hide eggs until tomorrow.
It was the Bonefish near Seaworld we went to, steaks were very, very good, but my fish and sides were cold along with fish being overcooked.
we took it off rotation after dining there with my middle DS in Dec of 2022. Waiter reached across the long booth and spilled an entire coke on his lap. Literally, the whole glass, he was soaked. You’d think Difficult to make it worse, nope, waiter did. Whipped out a rag they use to wipe up table spills from his pocket and proceeded to blot my DSs lap, without permission. We all likely had our mouths hanging open simultaneously. Umm, so awkward. DS couldn’t shoo him away fast enough.
Hope your boy is still improving and can enjoy the weekend with family!!
He’s doing well, turns out the biopsy showed it had ruptured shortly before the surgery. His guardian angel was looking out for him that day.
Hehe, little one even got older one a Godzilla shirt to wear. Not sure he’s the kind that would wear it today, though.
I bought one to stuff in said kiddo’s easter bag :). He will wear it to death. Admit to having a vintage one myself that just may see the light of day for the movie.
Where we live, not that full eclipse seen. But that’s okay, we will still stay where we live, to see the closer to full. I am sure many are flocking to the larger area swatch of full eclipse. Will be crazy busy in those areas that day.
Would you believe the hotels north of us near the I-79 junction are starting to now fill up with out of town people who can’t find any hotels left in the total eclipse zones. They are planning to get up the next day & drive either west or north to find a place to view. Eek.

We may just wind up walking across the street from our hotel to the casino that is going to have a big party/concert in their parking lot to handle the crowds.

As the mr said this am “what are we getting ourselves into?” An adventure :)
And late last night, little one said why don’t we book a doubly priced higher priced hotel than the price we currently have for a more budget hotel we already booked. Looked at the difference in location, and what the room difference were. Booked it, and cancelled the other.
Nice! You can find some decent disney AP deals or disney visa etc. always something or other out there, just need to sort thru it. values (sports) are coming back up on priceline 40% off rack as a blind pick (with an indoor pool selection of all things as a clue). Last i looked free dining plan is closed, should be back in play this year too.

I’ve heard the same sort of upgrade request from my adult kids now & again, my stock response is along the line of: she who pays, picks the resort. Usually settles the issue quickly lol

Good day everyone!

cv19-S.png

:rolleyes:

I shouldn’t have laughed getting this sent to me yesterday
View attachment 846557
GD making comfirmation in little less than two weeks, picked this up for her from her favorite jeweler, Kendra Scott. I had never heard of them TBH, popular with the tik tok crowd I guess. Gold with crystals but, very dainty cross.
View attachment 846559
Turkey #1 has another two hours to go in oven. Will likely cook the extra breast later and then the ham tomorrow. Strawberry pies up next, later egg dying with two of the kids and grilling some steaks. Hope we catch a break from the showers Looks like unable to hide eggs until tomorrow.

we took it off rotation after dining there with my middle DS in Dec of 2022. Waiter reached across the long booth and spilled an entire coke on his lap. Literally, the whole glass, he was soaked. You’d think Difficult to make it worse, nope, waiter did. Whipped out a rag they use to wipe up table spills from his pocket and proceeded to blot my DSs lap, without permission. We all likely had our mouths hanging open simultaneously. Umm, so awkward. DS couldn’t shoo him away fast enough.

He’s doing well, turns out the biopsy showed it had ruptured shortly before the surgery. His guardian angel was looking out for him that day.

I bought one to stuff in said kiddo’s easter bag :). He will wear it to death. Admit to having a vintage one myself that just may see the light of day for the movie.

Would you believe the hotels north of us near the I-79 junction are starting to now fill up with out of town people who can’t find any hotels left in the total eclipse zones. They are planning to get up the next day & drive either west or north to find a place to view. Eek.

We may just wind up walking across the street from our hotel to the casino that is going to have a big party/concert in their parking lot to handle the crowds.

As the mr said this am “what are we getting ourselves into?” An adventure :)

Nice! You can find some decent disney AP deals or disney visa etc. always something or other out there, just need to sort thru it. values (sports) are coming back up on priceline 40% off rack as a blind pick (with an indoor pool selection of all things as a clue). Last i looked free dining plan is closed, should be back in play this year too.

I’ve heard the same sort of upgrade request from my adult kids now & again, my stock response is along the line of: she who pays, picks the resort. Usually settles the issue quickly lol

Good day everyone!

Nice meme, I was sent a couple, but they were not funny like that one, wouldn`t want to offend anyone!

That is a beautiful cross! I`ve never heard of that designer either, but she has very good taste.

I think I remember that incident with the spilled drink Janet, yes, mouth would have been wide open too there. Yes not one we`d go back to in a hurry, so many other good places to frequent.

Glad his guardian angel was watching over him!! And turkey sounds gorgeous, that`s what we`re having now for dinner tomorrow, managed to get a large crown from our butcher, would rather have a fresh full turkey, but crown will do nicely.

Ended up meeting up with six friends for a luncheon today, local pub for a gorgeous meal and then back here for a cocktail, I had prepped jalapenos and fresh limes so I could make spicy margaritas which went down very well!!

It was nice to see everyone and Felicity and Henry made it too, good to see her out and about again, she`s still pale but better. Did bring the claws out once when I received a snarky remark from a woman who used to be in our book group, for a very short time.......reminded her it was crass to speak of how much one spends on anything. But, lovely lunch and nice afternoon as the weather is absolutely beautiful.

No need for dinner tonight so will snack later. Planning to maybe have another spicy margarita and watch the latest Indiana Jones, I`ve seen it and thought it wasn`t as bad as it was made out to be but Tom hasn`t seen it, will be interesting to see what he thinks of it.

Time for a cuppa.......tea that is not tequila!

Nice evening, watched Indiana Jones, definitely not as bad as it was portrayed, enjoyed a couple of spicy pineapple margaritas and now heading to bed, our clocks go forward tonight, here’s to lighter days ahead now…..:sunny:

1711838875125.jpeg

Good Easter Sunday morning blessings!

Well, we didn`t notice losing that hour last night as we slept till almost 9am this morning! Not too bad at all after a late night.

French Toast and bacon this morning, it was lovely, with extra tea, then some more tea!

I don`t think we`ll need lunch, so next meal will be the Easter Turkey dinner, all the trimmings, almost the same as Christmas, without the crackers! Kyle said he`ll drop by and might have a few friends with him, they`re doing a half marathon and finishing here so I told him they could all stay for dinner if they wanted, hope they do, I`ll make enough anyway.

Popping into the village to see the kids do their Easter Egg hunt, won`t take long but glad the weather is so lovely, sometimes it`s either too wet or windy. Then drop in to say hello to some friends who didn`t make the meal yesterday, and see one of their kids too who is home for Easter.

Quick cuppa before we head out.

Hope everyone who celebrates has a lovely Easter 🐣

1711877458893.png

cv17-S.jpg

1711877764586.jpeg

Happy Easter :sunny:

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0140.jpeg
Cornbread in oven

Ham to follow the
Corn pudding & green beans

Getting prepped & placed in crockpots for cooking. Tip of my Easter bonnet to whomever invented disposable liners

Sitting with coffee and slice of pumpkin pie & whipped cream for breakfast, brakes come off on holidays here!
watched Indiana Jones, definitely not as bad as it was portrayed, enjoyed a couple of spicy pineapple margaritas
Could be the difference lol

I had very high expectations, naturally dashed. Was fine, just too long and convoluted for my tastes

This, coming from one who liked the universally panned crystal skull offering
they`re doing a half marathon and finishing here so I told him they could all stay for dinner if they wanted, hope they do
Woohoo! Good luck to him today
can’t believe it will be April tomorrow. I’m 27 days from my trip
Do I smell a pictorial countdown? Is it a solo or girls’ trip?

Lynne it’s so soggy here, may wear boots for our backyard egg hunt. Did it dry out there yet?

Hope all have a lovely day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter