Something About Nothing............ #14

LOL, thanks Carole. I've heard that before! Foolproof! I could bake and send you some if you like? Will email later:)

lol…….look forward to that!
Is pasta meals a favorite for most of you?

When we eat out, the Mr has ordered it once every blue moon.
I haven’t fixed it in ages at home.

Nah, very rarely mac for us, unless I make lasagne from scratch, it’s not on our menu often. Italian food is probably our least favourite cuisine. Except for pizza of course……yum!

I do make a nice pasta salad with mayo and a selection of ingredients to compliment one another depending on the dishes being served and I do like fresh pasta, not the bog standard packs in stores. Maybe I’m fussy with that, but it makes all the difference.

Back home, stopped off at our local pub for dinner, no cooking tonight, and very nice it was too.

Time for bed though, long day travelling, roads were busier than anticipated but not a bad journey.

It’s gone colder again too……🥶

Hey y’all!
Lynne sorry I missed you at Universal! Decided to not make drive, esp as hubs snagged another Guardians VQ-added this to list of favorite rides ever.
We cancelled our planned June trip that was supposed to be for sons graduation to Disney. None of us have a desire to go back! So since I had OKW booked with our timeshare need to figure out what to do instead. Good news is hubs said he’d rather save the $$ from not doing Disney again and go back to HHN and maybe a private tour. I’d thought we’d have to skip this year HHN so happy to plan for that!
Hoping this spring weather sticks around but as both my pear and plum trees are blooming!
Hens are laying again (yay! Another happy reason for longer days) so neighbors will be getting egg deliveries soon.
Seattle kiddo will be home for the eclipse in April for a couple days. We are a couple minutes off of total (will be really close) but her and the the peeps she’s coming with will be driving 4 hours to see the total eclipse.

Hope all are doing well and maybe will see some of you in the fog this fall?

Schumi
It’s always nice to be able to sleep in your own bed after a trip away from home.

It certainly is, hotel beds are usually smaller than our own which is huge. But, we still sleep really well in that hotel, but yes, your own bed is always best!

Hey y’all!
Lynne sorry I missed you at Universal! Decided to not make drive, esp as hubs snagged another Guardians VQ-added this to list of favorite rides ever.
We cancelled our planned June trip that was supposed to be for sons graduation to Disney. None of us have a desire to go back! So since I had OKW booked with our timeshare need to figure out what to do instead. Good news is hubs said he’d rather save the $$ from not doing Disney again and go back to HHN and maybe a private tour. I’d thought we’d have to skip this year HHN so happy to plan for that!
Hoping this spring weather sticks around but as both my pear and plum trees are blooming!
Hens are laying again (yay! Another happy reason for longer days) so neighbors will be getting egg deliveries soon.
Seattle kiddo will be home for the eclipse in April for a couple days. We are a couple minutes off of total (will be really close) but her and the the peeps she’s coming with will be driving 4 hours to see the total eclipse.

Good to see you Monyk!

Spring hasn`t really sprung here yet, but our pear trees started flowering early, plum trees have only started this week, but slower if that makes sense. Apples trees are barely starting to bud, but it is a nice sign it should be a nice summer.

You have some nice plans coming up. No HHN for us anymore, I think we`re more or less over it with the huge crowds and over selling of it now and to be honest, we`ve really lost interest in the event now after going for so many years. But, doing a private tour will be fun for you I`m sure.

Enjoy that eclipse!

Slept like a rock last night. Up early as usual this morning although sleeping beauty is still unconscious, I think his cold is finally clearing and he slept really well last few nights.

Today, our housesitters go back, I think they`ll buy there own place soon, hope so, they make a lovely couple. Then I think we have to go shopping, our butcher left me a message saying he has some products in we`ll like, but they might be sold out now, so will drive over to have a look, there are some lovely farm stores over that way anyway and we pass one farm that still lays products outside of their gates with an honesty box and they do some lovely local honey Tom likes, so hopefully pick some items up from them too. The honesty box works too.

Back to doing our own food today, after a few days of very rich food and a lot of it, we`ll eat lighter today, slice of toast and some fruit this morning, shrimp mixed salad for lunch and will make some spicy chicken kebabs for dinner again with some salad, but brought back some lovely Scottish produce in the chiller box, so tomorrow will be bacon local to our home area, can`t get better!!

No real plans for the weekend yet, going to drop in on some friends Saturday morning, brought a few folks back some Scottish butter tablet and other goodies, we do get asked for certain things when we go up, so will be very popular sharing them out!

Supposed to be 50F today, but feels much colder and high winds this afternoon, will get out this morning and hibernate this afternoon I think, plenty of tea and try not to eat too many treats!

Nice to be home though.....

i-3j5Rgbr-S.jpg

cv103-S.jpg

cv117-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday 🥂

Ah that DH on a very short week day routine, asking me what my schedule is today. I’m, relaxing most of the day. Older one doesn’t work today, so hoping he’ll go to a food place with me, that little one does not like. And there are quite a few, lol. Little one caught a cold the other day, so she’s been miserable lately. I hope she feels better today. So hoping for a son and mom out together time today.

And so, tea and a mostly very quiet house. Kids are asleep, and DH is actually quiet this morning. Glad the weekend is coming up, even if tomorrow is rainy, as both will be in the mid 50’s high temps.

MonyK, so good to read your post here. We will be there in earlier September, but mostly at the mouse. Gotta love they do good priced military discounts, and now we have APs to both. Would be interested in both of us joining your private HHN group, if you do buy, if you have room for us, and our dates match up. And you didn’t miss us at Universal, as little one wanted to go to Epcot, so that’s what we did. Little one did try to get that VQ, but failed. Sorry we didn’t see ya in Epcot. Was an easy, and quick drive from Dockside, after we checkout around 9 that morning. Packed the car and drove to Epcot, had lunch there, and wandered around there and in MK, then stopped at the Costco in Millennia, to fill the car up, on our way to the airport, arriving there at 7 pm. Our next trip is only a few months way. Little one wants another mom and me trip before the summer crowds come. So booked we are. Yay for eggs layers, having enough to share. I think my neighbor is not getting more chickens, but maybe. He hasn’t taken down their cage and roost so far, but I appreciated his egg sharing when he did have chickens. Yay for being mostly in the path to see the eclipse. And kids coming home to watch too.

Ooh neither kid is up, and that screen is showing a rerun I remember, and not interested in it again, so off to change the channel.

Hope all are having a most Fabulous Friday. Woot! Beginning of the weekend for me. 3 day one. Yay.

Today we take the cats to the vet for their annual shots.

It will be like cat herding to get them in their cages.

Hope the appointment goes well with them mac, I know how much they don`t like going, you deserve a medal for catching them and getting them there for their shots.

Got our beautiful meats from this newish butcher we`re going to now and again, they do some lovely different flavour sausages and they are gorgeous!!! Hot Honey is one with pork and they do a beef sausage with sweet chilli which we love, nice and spicy!!

Tom has left do his volunteering just after lunch, he changed from this morning to suit another volunteer who couldn`t do this afternoon due to family emergency. I didn`t need to do the school reading as they thought I was gone all week.....don`t mind as it`s a gorgeous day and we got a lot done this morning.

This afternoon, although cold, I have the bi fold doors open with the sun streaming into our kitchen, it`s gorgeous! No wind right now so it`s very pleasant, but might get windier later.

Time for a cuppa I think and a slice of something nice with it. Nice quiet afternoon in the sunshine here.

Good morning everyone. Nothing interesting going on here today. My agenda is go to the bank, Walmart, and then home to do laundry.

I've almost got the Medicare billing straightened out. They won't accept paper claims but in order to submit electronic claims there are forms that must be completed and submitted to Medicare first. It's amazing the hoops you must jump through just to be able to serve a section of our population. I need a vacation.

I'm not planning any major trips until November, but dh is going to be away for a week next month, so B and I are doing sort of a staycation. We have tickets to the local symphony one night. They are doing an 80's music show. If the weather is good, I plan to take a day off in the middle of the week and we will go to the North Carolina Zoo. We might even spend a day in Richmond. I haven't planned anything there yet.

Going a bit shorter & blonder. well, that’s if I can get the only hairdresser on the planet that’s resistant to cut more than an inch or two off.
When I was younger and had really long hair, no one ever wanted to take more then an inch or two off. It was difficult to convince someone to give me a drastic cut.

I will say my Husky was the highest energy breed I’ve ever had. It’s recommended they get a minimum of two hours a day of vigorous exercise (i.e. running/brisk walk). I put in a ten foot high 24 X 24 exercise yard to try to burn off some of her energy via some bonus play time on days it was nice outside. Found out, the hard way, the breed can climb. Had to put a top on it lol
Several years ago I went with B to a Girl Scout badge workshop that was about sled dogs. I was surprised to discover that there is a husky rescue group in central VA. That's where I learned about the husky temperament. They are beautiful dogs, but way too active for me.

These are not from this morning as it is rather dreary, but I miss this view when we`re not here.
Beautiful pictures.

Ugh, winter is saying, no you are not, really in spring yet. 29 degrees and a wind as I closed our front door. 24 mph gusts, and a steady 9 mph wind.
This is what I call rollercoaster weather. Our temps are up and down. Yesterday was pretty warm, but I think today will be much cooler.

We had a baked spaghetti last night.
I made that for the first time Monday. It wasn't bad, but not nearly as good as the one our favorite Italian restaurant serves.

We eat way too much pasta at our house.

Good to see you again. We will miss each other again. I have a November trip planned for B's birthday.

Today we take the cats to the vet for their annual shots.

Good luck with that. Caspian is due for his in May.

Time now to get this day started.

The cats did so much better than I did at the vets today.
I always fret a lot thinking it hurts them.

Neither one of them put up a fuss..
It was all over with in 3 seconds…..

They acted like it was no big deal.

They both had loss some weight when they were weighed in.

It was a lot easier to have cats getting shots than when my boys had their routine shots as littles.
They would scream their heads off.

Mr Mac was never able to go with me for when I needed to take the boys to the doctor but since he is retired, he goes with me for veterinary appointments.

Good Friday evening everyone. :wave2:

IMG_3081.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3079.jpeg

Not too bad just a day delay, nice pics. I lost count how many shuttle launches we missed due to delays and needing to fly home, oh well lol
SpaceX are so careful before sending up the rockets. Looking to make sure weather is optimum and everything on the rocket is working well before they take off.

Hang in there you will be rewarded with your patience soon in seeing a rocket go up before you know it.

I scouted out a new location to watch the rockets go up from Pads 39A & B. I think it will be perfect, but I want to actually see a lift off from there myself before I share it. This way I know it will be a good site to view from.

It was all fun & games @ WDW with the number of gators until the sad incident. Now it’s open season on them there. When staying water view, have seen hunters at night in boats. Popular among locals I’m told to get the permits. Told they upped their standard rotation/dates.
I remember that sad situation that happened.

There was a death not far from here last year. The elderly lady walking her dog near the water.

I will leave the Gator hunting to the professional hunters. They are allowed a certain number of tags per season. I could see it going very wrong for an unseasoned hunter trying to wrangle one of those beasts.

I watched the launch and return phase, always a joy to see, they are doing an incredible job. One of Kyle`s friend`s brother is working with SpaceX for 3 months starting in May I believe, it was a friend of a friend of a friend that got him the time there in Texas. He will meet the man himself too, now that is someone I`d love to sit down and chat to.
Musk seems to really advocate for helping others aspire to reach their goals in the study of Space, Aeronautics and many other areas.

What a nice chance to get to do an internship at SpaceX. Would be a nice way to get a foot in the door to work for SpaceX and meeting Musk would be the cherry on the cupcake fore sure.

I saw loads of pics from last week too, lines to get into MK on Monday were horrendous. All 3 Premiers and Sapphire were at capacity. So many folks compaining too on the Dis alone. one of the TM we know was pictured on FB apparently when someone was showing the awful crowds, she said she`s finally made it....lol......
Yes, it was swamped with people according to what I saw. Lots of people on Spring break enjoying the Sunshine States warm weather and parks.

Have a great Sunday Robbie and hope dad is still improving.
Thank you. Dad is doing better.

In happier news….we have been having some really nice sunsets this week. I’m trying to find a good place to go to take some pictures. I’d like to find an area without buildings or telephone poles. Meanwhile, enjoy Sunset Over Kroger.
Pretty sunsets. Hubby and I are former sailers. We kept our sailboats down at Kentucky Lake. An old saying is red sky at night sailer’s delight, red sky in morning sailer take warning.

Was so happy that our grandson visited this weekend. It's the first time I've seen him since he was so sick. His face is swollen from the massive dose of prednisone, but he looks good otherwise. Seeing someone who has been so sick really helps you feel better:) He has a very restricted diet so he can't eat most of what we eat. He brings his own food with him. He is doing so good this way, but I feel guilty eating what I want in front of him:(
Ruth so good to hear your grandson is doing better.

Robo: thanks for the beautiful photos of the rocket launch. You are lucky to be able to see so many of them, and to enjoy that warm weather:)
Ruth so glad you like the photos. Thankful to be able to see the rockets go up. I do enjoy it.

Love the sea view we have though, very rarely have we been able to book a sea view here, but worth it, well, it might be worth it tomorrow when the sun is supposed to shine! Hopefully we’ll be able to see our beloved island tomorrow.
Beautiful view of the sea from you room.

We had a great vacation! Besides the food being not great at this particular resort - everything else was great. They poured heavy drinks - which was great...and had no problem pouring our drinks into our travel mugs we brought along. I don't trust how clean the poolside bar cups are after watching them " clean" them the last time we visited Mexico. This just seemed safer. No stomach issues unlike last time we were there - so that is a positive. But all in all - we had a fabulous time. Gd loved the pool and was a little fish by the last few days with her little floaties on.
So nice you had a wonderful time on your well deserved vaction.

Quick drive by howdy y’all!
Missin’ my SAN Folk!
Howdy buckeev…….hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

I had an interesting and fantastic phone call yesterday. I interviewed for a different position before we went on holidays. The interviewer asked for my 2 most current manager references directly after the interview. I got the phone call yesterday and they offered me the position!!!! We are just trying to nail down my official start date. But no more weekends and juggling the 2 jobs- It's a Mon- Friday 8:00 - 4:15 position at the same admin level I'm currently in!!!!! My end goal was this type of position!!!! I'm so freaking excited.
Congratualtions Pumpkin.

These are not from this morning as it is rather dreary, but I miss this view when we`re not here.
Beautiful views of the mountains and sea.

Good news is hubs said he’d rather save the $$ from not doing Disney again and go back to HHN and maybe a private tour. I’d thought we’d have to skip this year HHN so happy to plan for that!
Great to hear you all will have extra $$ for your trip to HHN this year.

Nice to be home though.....
So nice to hear you able to make it up to Scotland and have a visit with your mom and family.

Yes, going away is always fun, but returning home is so nice. “There is no place like home”.

Mac glad to hear you were able to wrangle the cats and you had a good trip to the Vet.

I always enjoy hearing what everyone is cooking for dinner here on the Sans. It inspires me to change up the options for dinner. We have some good cooks here on the Sans like Carole, Janet and Pumpkin to name a few.

Going to borrow a word from Carole as it really describes the weather here this evening. It’s blowing a Hoolie. It rained earlier today then the wind set in. Has me wondering if the Falcon 9 slated to go off this evening at 7:55 pm will go off as planned. You never know.

I was out fiddling in the yard yesterday and I picked up what I thought was a worm when doing some clean up by a flower pot…on closer inspection it was a baby snake of undetermined species. Not a pit-viper thankfully.

I received call from granddaughter yesterday evening that she broke her foot playing volley ball. She and her hubby are into a lot of sport activities. She told me she heard the bone brake when she came down on her foot wrong. I felt so bad for her. I do feel so bad for my sweet babies when they are hurt or ill then the RN kicks in to protect too. She sent me the X-ray and a picture of her leg, foot and ankle. Looks pretty swollen. I talked her through feeling for her dorsalis pedis pulse and posterior tibial pulse. Making sure she has good blood flow with all the swelling. She was able to find the purse points and all was good. She is in a fracture boot and on crutches. Thankfully no surgery needed.

My younger sister K is on her way down to Florida today. They are going to be staying with my older sister D up in Harmony. It’s about an hour north of me. So will get to see them and spend some time with them.

We have talked about taking K’s grandsons up to KSC for the day. I think they will love it.

Hubby is wanting pizza for dinner this evening. He wants to try a new pizza place not far from here so I need to order and get scootin.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Good morning everyone. Nothing interesting going on here today. My agenda is go to the bank, Walmart, and then home to do laundry.

I've almost got the Medicare billing straightened out. They won't accept paper claims but in order to submit electronic claims there are forms that must be completed and submitted to Medicare first. It's amazing the hoops you must jump through just to be able to serve a section of our population. I need a vacation.

I'm not planning any major trips until November, but dh is going to be away for a week next month, so B and I are doing sort of a staycation. We have tickets to the local symphony one night. They are doing an 80's music show. If the weather is good, I plan to take a day off in the middle of the week and we will go to the North Carolina Zoo. We might even spend a day in Richmond. I haven't planned anything there yet.

When I was younger and had really long hair, no one ever wanted to take more then an inch or two off. It was difficult to convince someone to give me a drastic cut.

Several years ago I went with B to a Girl Scout badge workshop that was about sled dogs. I was surprised to discover that there is a husky rescue group in central VA. That's where I learned about the husky temperament. They are beautiful dogs, but way too active for me.

Beautiful pictures.

This is what I call rollercoaster weather. Our temps are up and down. Yesterday was pretty warm, but I think today will be much cooler.

I made that for the first time Monday. It wasn't bad, but not nearly as good as the one our favorite Italian restaurant serves.

We eat way too much pasta at our house.

Good to see you again. We will miss each other again. I have a November trip planned for B's birthday.

Good luck with that. Caspian is due for his in May.

Time now to get this day started.

Thank you, I love the views where we come from.

Having a day doing not very much is nice especially after a few busy days. Your staycation with your daughter sounds like a nice idea. Hope you have a nice quiet weekend ahead.

Neither one of them put up a fuss..
It was all over with in 3 seconds…..

They acted like it was no big deal.

They both had loss some weight when they were weighed in.

It was a lot easier to have cats getting shots than when my boys had their routine shots as littles.
They would scream their heads off.

Mr Mac was never able to go with me for when I needed to take the boys to the doctor but since he is retired, he goes with me for veterinary appointments.

Glad the kitties appt went ok yesterday.

I was very lucky with the way Tom worked,he was always around and didn`t miss anything really with Kyle whether it be school plays/events and any appts. But, we were very lucky compared to some parents who couldn`t do that due to work. We certainly appreciated it.

Good Friday evening everyone. :wave2:

View attachment 844269

View attachment 844271

View attachment 844270

SpaceX are so careful before sending up the rockets. Looking to make sure weather is optimum and everything on the rocket is working well before they take off.

Hang in there you will be rewarded with your patience soon in seeing a rocket go up before you know it.

I scouted out a new location to watch the rockets go up from Pads 39A & B. I think it will be perfect, but I want to actually see a lift off from there myself before I share it. This way I know it will be a good site to view from.

I remember that sad situation that happened.

There was a death not far from here last year. The elderly lady walking her dog near the water.

I will leave the Gator hunting to the professional hunters. They are allowed a certain number of tags per season. I could see it going very wrong for an unseasoned hunter trying to wrangle one of those beasts.

Musk seems to really advocate for helping others aspire to reach their goals in the study of Space, Aeronautics and many other areas.

What a nice chance to get to do an internship at SpaceX. Would be a nice way to get a foot in the door to work for SpaceX and meeting Musk would be the cherry on the cupcake fore sure.

Yes, it was swamped with people according to what I saw. Lots of people on Spring break enjoying the Sunshine States warm weather and parks.

Thank you. Dad is doing better.

Pretty sunsets. Hubby and I are former sailers. We kept our sailboats down at Kentucky Lake. An old saying is red sky at night sailer’s delight, red sky in morning sailer take warning.

Ruth so good to hear your grandson is doing better.

Ruth so glad you like the photos. Thankful to be able to see the rockets go up. I do enjoy it.

Beautiful view of the sea from you room.

So nice you had a wonderful time on your well deserved vaction.

Howdy buckeev…….hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Congratualtions Pumpkin.

Beautiful views of the mountains and sea.

Great to hear you all will have extra $$ for your trip to HHN this year.

So nice to hear you able to make it up to Scotland and have a visit with your mom and family.

Yes, going away is always fun, but returning home is so nice. “There is no place like home”.

Mac glad to hear you were able to wrangle the cats and you had a good trip to the Vet.

I always enjoy hearing what everyone is cooking for dinner here on the Sans. It inspires me to change up the options for dinner. We have some good cooks here on the Sans like Carole, Janet and Pumpkin to name a few.

Going to borrow a word from Carole as it really describes the weather here this evening. It’s blowing a Hoolie. It rained earlier today then the wind set in. Has me wondering if the Falcon 9 slated to go off this evening at 7:55 pm will go off as planned. You never know.

I was out fiddling in the yard yesterday and I picked up what I thought was a worm when doing some clean up by a flower pot…on closer inspection it was a baby snake of undetermined species. Not a pit-viper thankfully.

I received call from granddaughter yesterday evening that she broke her foot playing volley ball. She and her hubby are into a lot of sport activities. She told me she heard the bone brake when she came down on her foot wrong. I felt so bad for her. I do feel so bad for my sweet babies when they are hurt or ill then the RN kicks in to protect too. She sent me the X-ray and a picture of her leg, foot and ankle. Looks pretty swollen. I talked her through feeling for her dorsalis pedis pulse and posterior tibial pulse. Making sure she has good blood flow with all the swelling. She was able to find the purse points and all was good. She is in a fracture boot and on crutches. Thankfully no surgery needed.

My younger sister K is on her way down to Florida today. They are going to be staying with my older sister D up in Harmony. It’s about an hour north of me. So will get to see them and spend some time with them.

We have talked about taking K’s grandsons up to KSC for the day. I think they will love it.

Hubby is wanting pizza for dinner this evening. He wants to try a new pizza place not far from here so I need to order and get scootin.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Elon Musk gets a lot of criticism for many things, but the friend of a friend of a friend....you get the idea lol....says he is the nicest guy and absolutely encourages young engineers in all fields.

Thank you, we had a lovely visit, mainly visiting family this time which was nice.

Glad your dad is doing better. But hope your granddaughter heals very quickly, being so fit and healthy will help her. Sending her best wishes to heal properly and quickly too!!

Hope you enjoyed your pizza!!

Shocked last night to hear of our wonderful Princess of Wales is being treated for cancer after her surgery. She is such a vibrant and beautiful woman, hard to imagine what they have been dealing with alongside the hounding they have been receiving from certain elements of the media and social media. We are Royalists, certain exclusions of course with certain people and will certainly be praying for a positive outcome for all their sakes and she did sound positive in her words to everyone. Hope the vile trolls leave them alone now, can`t believe some of the vitriolic comments from certain people.

But, Saturday has come around again, it`s cold but we have the most gorgeous brilliant sunshine and blue skies which is just lovely to see on a spring morning.

Lazy breakfast for us, Tom is going to make poached eggs and we have some dry cured smoked bacon which is among the nicest we have ever tried from the new butcher. Lunch I have no idea but I think we`ll get takeout tonight and have a cosy Saturday night in.

I`m heading out after breakfast to drop the goodies off, I`ll be popular for sure!

Mum gave me some special tea she was given as gifts that she`ll never drink, so we have a few new ones to try, one is a breakfast tea from Selfridges which is a nice store, so we`ll try that in a pot this morning with breakfast. Time to set the kitchen table for us, shower then breakfast.

Always love that Saturday feeling, doesn`t matter how long it is since I last worked......eons ago now, that weekend still hits different from every other day even though yes, every day is like a weekend!!

i-VGXnpW3-S.png

cv117-S.jpg

cv105-S.jpg

Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Ooh I thought I heard noisy rain that woke me up, but went back to sleep. DH said it was at 3 am. Guess he got woken up too. But both of us woke up late for us. How nice for him to be lazy, which usually is harder for him to be. But nice long hot shower, and tea for me, coffee made for him. With neither of us hungry, but will ask his preference a little later, as a brunch thought at this point. Kids are still asleep, and older one works, so will see him later this morning.

Rainy filled Saturday, and flood warnings issued. Glad we try to dry out tomorrow.

Wonderful weekend thoughts for all. Maybe send a boat, too. lol

Lazy seems to be popular today!!

It`s been a lovely "lazy" day for us. Spent the morning dropping off Scottish treats to several friends and of course had to have a cuppa with each!! Us British take it as an insult if guest don`t take a cup of tea when we visit....or wine if time is appropriate!!! They were all very pleased with the treats. Sun shone most of the day, but still very, very cold.

Didn`t do much the rest of the afternoon, we just watched a movie in the back room with the big screen while snoozing it seems, poor Tom had a numb arm as he didn`t want to move in case he disturbed me, I was so comfy and out for the count....awww!!!

Tonight, Chinese take out, food will be here around 7.30 and then we plan to watch The Greatest Showman again......nothing like some Hugh Jackman on a Saturday night!!! Couple of nice bottles of white wine have been chilled, hard to go wrong!!!

1711218920225.jpeg

🥂

IMG_0090.jpeg
Guess whose GD placed first in her division today? We are all doing one tomorrow. I’ll be the one walking rather gingerly on new specialist orders for months. Lots of fun treatments started and much more poking & prodding on tap Not complaining, it’s just never on anyone’s bucket list to attend to medical stuff lol.

Just happy I have amazing insurance. The two new meds would just be shy of $1000. I only looked as the mr commented when he picked them up for me they were “$20 total copay, expensive”. No idea what we’d do without that coverage

Lynne it’ll be in the 30’s for days here and windy. Yuck. Least it stopped raining

Booked our August stay and Christmas trip so we get the rooms we want for both trips.
Woohoo, smart, really must be a lovely place to fill up so quickly. The pics are stunning, so peaceful looking
That might come back to bite them in the @ss.
Oh, if i could only bet on that I would lol. Nice you are leaving them a roadmap, many don’t and it’s chaos

When we eat out, the Mr has ordered it once every blue moon.
I haven’t fixed it in ages at home.
Pasta is on my table often, it’s rarely the entree. More of a side or component of the entree. I’m the sort that if I go to a place that I know has good marinara, will have a side of spaghetti in lieu of a tater. I maybe make macaroni/mayo based pasta salads a couple times a year unless my arm is twisted
None of us have a desire to go back!
depending on one’s touring style, it can be a nightmare of frustration if not willing to put in some commando planning. Even then, can easily go south if not prepared to zig or zag depending on crowds each day. It’s second nature to me. Recent trips I’ve let the GD handle the details of planning down to which park, what hours, dinners etc. better her than me with her head in her phone lol
Good news is hubs said he’d rather save the $$ from not doing Disney again and go back to HHN and maybe a private tour. I’d thought we’d have to skip this year HHN so happy to plan for that!
Nice, that’s the great thing about Orlando parks, something for nearly everyone and every budget if you dig enough and are flexible. I always steer people to one of the deluxe resorts @ U for at least 3 or 4 nights as it can be a no-brainer, just show up & have a great time. No huge hoops
her and the the peeps she’s coming with will be driving 4 hours to see the total eclipse.
It will be 95% here. From what I gather it’s (lol) night & day between total and even a great %. I made two night res over a year ago to see it in its totality in Erie, PA. Think it will be impressive viewing over the lake. However, if it is forecast to be cloudy, depending on how heavy, will just stay put here or drive up very early that day along with the other 250,000 guests projected to visit.
Yes, big cats! Growl
they do some lovely different flavour sausages and they are gorgeous!!!
Older i get only deal with Italian sweet or hot sausages. I’m not big on the mystery spices some processors tend to include…assume the ones that ‘get me’ in Indian, African & middle eastern food.
They acted like it was no big deal
Lol what a nice surprise
Oh, I’ve seen my share of rockets, fun. Last one from Ormond beach. Interesting angle the way the shoreline curves and we could follow the ascent in a long arc. We were also in Daytona when one failed several years ago, scary to see. Know people who were in the bleachers onsite. Even tho in the military said it was like nothing they’ve experienced.
Yes, awful. Believe she was trying to rescue the pup. This story is absolutely insane…‘merica man foolishness at it’s best. Even tho he had been warned repeatedly to keep people out of the tank, there were new videos posted on social media. I love his lame excuse why it was “safe”

https://www.insideedition.com/750-pound-pet-alligator-seized-from-new-york-mans-home-86545

Pretty sunsets. Hubby and I are former sailers.
Wow, that’s very cool
received call from granddaughter yesterday evening that she broke her foot playing volley ball.
Oh no, poor thing.
Shocked last night to hear of our wonderful Princess of Wales is being treated for cancer after her surgery.
Yes, she did the right thing coming forward. Did an amazing job speaking to her people. Other than the trolls still digging deep, most are shocked and are wishing her the very best.

She set a very fine example for many and will, ultimately, inspire untold others to seek treatment/do screenings. We are accustomed a higher degree of transparency here from our public, especially political figures, easy to forget they are real people with families involved. A tough line to straddle I’d think.
Put a plate out for me!
😍……love Chinese food
I couldn’t face a hamburger today. Pulled out a boneless breast and a steak this am. Sliced down & Marinated them separately, whipped up a new sauce I’ve been wanting to try. It’s rather spicy, the mr says the air is burning his eyes :). Oh, carole…lol

Cleaned out the vegetable bin, forgot I had asparagus, will use the combo in both. Making lomein noodles and rice for he who had shrimp scampi over noodles yesterday. Curious to see if it is a one & done or makes the rotation of stir fries.

Put a plate out for me!
😍……love Chinese food

Always!

Isn`t it just the best food!!!

Hot, sweet and spicy for us, anything leftover goes in the trash, but not much left tonight!!

View attachment 844547
Guess whose GD placed first in her division today? We are all doing one tomorrow. I’ll be the one walking rather gingerly on new specialist orders for months. Lots of fun treatments started and much more poking & prodding on tap Not complaining, it’s just never on anyone’s bucket list to attend to medical stuff lol.

Just happy I have amazing insurance. The two new meds would just be shy of $1000. I only looked as the mr commented when he picked them up for me they were “$20 total copay, expensive”. No idea what we’d do without that coverage

Lynne it’ll be in the 30’s for days here and windy. Yuck. Least it stopped raining

Woohoo, smart, really must be a lovely place to fill up so quickly. The pics are stunning, so peaceful looking

Oh, if i could only bet on that I would lol. Nice you are leaving them a roadmap, many don’t and it’s chaos

Pasta is on my table often, it’s rarely the entree. More of a side or component of the entree. I’m the sort that if I go to a place that I know has good marinara, will have a side of spaghetti in lieu of a tater. I maybe make macaroni/mayo based pasta salads a couple times a year unless my arm is twisted

depending on one’s touring style, it can be a nightmare of frustration if not willing to put in some commando planning. Even then, can easily go south if not prepared to zig or zag depending on crowds each day. It’s second nature to me. Recent trips I’ve let the GD handle the details of planning down to which park, what hours, dinners etc. better her than me with her head in her phone lol

Nice, that’s the great thing about Orlando parks, something for nearly everyone and every budget if you dig enough and are flexible. I always steer people to one of the deluxe resorts @ U for at least 3 or 4 nights as it can be a no-brainer, just show up & have a great time. No huge hoops

It will be 95% here. From what I gather it’s (lol) night & day between total and even a great %. I made two night res over a year ago to see it in its totality in Erie, PA. Think it will be impressive viewing over the lake. However, if it is forecast to be cloudy, depending on how heavy, will just stay put here or drive up very early that day along with the other 250,000 guests projected to visit.

Yes, big cats! Growl

Older i get only deal with Italian sweet or hot sausages. I’m not big on the mystery spices some processors tend to include…assume the ones that ‘get me’ in Indian, African & middle eastern food.

Lol what a nice surprise

Oh, I’ve seen my share of rockets, fun. Last one from Ormond beach. Interesting angle the way the shoreline curves and we could follow the ascent in a long arc. We were also in Daytona when one failed several years ago, scary to see. Know people who were in the bleachers onsite. Even tho in the military said it was like nothing they’ve experienced.

Yes, awful. Believe she was trying to rescue the pup. This story is absolutely insane…‘merica man foolishness at it’s best. Even tho he had been warned repeatedly to keep people out of the tank, there were new videos posted on social media. I love his lame excuse why it was “safe”

https://www.insideedition.com/750-pound-pet-alligator-seized-from-new-york-mans-home-86545

Wow, that’s very cool

Oh no, poor thing.

Yes, she did the right thing coming forward. Did an amazing job speaking to her people. Other than the trolls still digging deep, most are shocked and are wishing her the very best.

She set a very fine example for many and will, ultimately, inspire untold others to seek treatment/do screenings. We are accustomed a higher degree of transparency here from our public, especially political figures, easy to forget they are real people with families involved. A tough line to straddle I’d think.

I couldn’t face a hamburger today. Pulled out a boneless breast and a steak this am. Sliced down & Marinated them separately, whipped up a new sauce I’ve been wanting to try. It’s rather spicy, the mr says the air is burning his eyes :). Oh, carole…lol

Cleaned out the vegetable bin, forgot I had asparagus, will use the combo in both. Making lomein noodles and rice for he who had shrimp scampi over noodles yesterday. Curious to see if it is a one & done or makes the rotation of stir fries.

Congratulations to your lovely granddaughter!!! She did fabulously and good luck tomorrow, take it easy and have fun!! Amazing prices for those meds, a blessing indeed.

I think many of us took immense pride in our Princess watching the speech, shocked though the trolls are still delivering their vitriol.

Oh goodness, yes, that hotel fills up fast, it`s one of the best in the area so very popular, we love it, right on the beach and just perfect for us.

lol....I love spice of any kind, the hot honey one was surprisingly nice, sweet for a sausage but we liked it. As long as it doesn`t have coriander (cilantro) we`re good.

Lomein and shrimp.....hard to beat!!!

And agin, enjoy yourselves tomorrow and congrats to your GD!!

Full. Completely full from dinner. We always say we shouldn`t get an appetiser.....do we listen to ourselves, no. Not the biggest appetiser so not too bad, but meals were beautiful and just so filling. A little saltier than usual, so plenty of water tonight I think.

Loved The Greatest Showman again, such a fabulous movie. Scary movie next. Might have a wander outside, friend sent me a txt to say the aurora is visible out to see, sometimes you need a camera image to catch it other times completely visible with the eye. However it is really cold outside, so won`t look for long. Always enjoy seeing those lights when we can!!

Congratulations to your granddaughter, Keisha. Ack, means we may get some cool days after you.

Just overcast now, and quite windy. Blustery day to be tomorrow.

Ended up with soup and salads for lunch today. Made chicken noodle, as good soup when little one not feeling well. Then a salad, with choice of dressing, and put a hard boiled egg with it.

Dinner time, but all are not that hungry. Maybe soon. For an afternoon snack, had picked up these mini lemon bunt cakes. Ate one, it was delicious, and just enough of a lemon taste, would buy again. Seems arrived as a Spring flavor.

Hope all have a lovely evening.

Made chicken noodle, as good soup when little one not feeling well
Probably a Florida bug, never fails, someone in our travel party will bring home that souvenir.

Carole - the ‘lil was obsessed with that movie when it came out, pretty sure I would’ve been able to recite the dialogue.

Wanted to mention, really surprised this week when out in a huge/fancy grocery store in outskirts of the city to see at least 1/3 of the people in masks and many with disposable gloves on…mostly customers but, many employees too.

Has anyone else noticed an Uptick in their area? Dark humor DH & I mused if something was going on and we missed the memo. Granted, it’s right next to a huge hospital, maybe people just more cognizant that Work/live/visit there? Haven’t really observed that much here elsewhere lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter