Something About Nothing............ #14

Gd loved the pool and was a little fish by the last few days with her little floaties on.
Love it
I'm sure you wouldn't want it any other way - as much as you might have wanted a little notice though ;)
So true, I’d be lost if they didn’t pop in all the time
After being gone for 10 days - there are a few piles to sort and shuffle away.
I’m thinking more like a mountain lol. Welcome home!

Ah that ever so dark out, but clear skies and 5 degrees warmer this morning. Why? Rainy afternoon predicted. Joy. To make that afternoon commute even more fun.

But glad today means week is flying by. And who do I see?
IMG_3364.jpeg

Yay, camel here to wish all a happy hump day. That’s right, this mid week day called Wednesday, means one more sleep after this hump of a feeling day, and that most fabulous Friday feeling will be a day away. And lazy one for me. Woot! Certainly need that after back to routine one after a week of fun.

And APs burning a hole in my pocketbook. Well have to use that credit for cancelled flight, and did get two gift cards in addition to that, and what da ya know, a trip planned before that Fall one, even before we welcome summer. Hehe. Split long weekend planned. Finally, while not the best times, SW does have a dinner time direct flight on week days. But only one. So, shorter travel days, but at least I can take advantage of that single direct flight now shown on a week day.

So, tea in my hand, and pot luck breakfast in the office today. I did bring a snack to eat now, as most don’t come in for at least another hour, so two breakfast day for me. A small one, then a bigger one. May even take a cup of coffee from one of the three jugs of hot coffee that is to be brought in.

Thus, a wish for a Very Wonderful Wednesday today, and hope Schumi arrived in Scotland yesterday, and is enjoying family time today.

Good morning everyone. I woke up much earlier than I wanted to.

Yesterday one of my therapists finally got the approval to accept Medicare. They are letting her retro bill back to January 1, so I will probably spend most of today working on billing. I may need a vacation after this.

It seems like everyone on here makes really great and interesting meals.
Not everyone. I hate to cook. Just yesterday I went to Kroger after work to try to figure out something for dinner. I did buy something but then we ended up going out for Mexican food instead.

Caspian is so cute!!! I bet he's a lot of fun to have around.
Thank you. He can be fun but can also be very ornery at times.

Now I fix a lot of desserts and then call the family over. They love the pies and cakes and cookies (except for the brownies,
Desserts are my favorite thing to make. I have several easy but good recipes.

Beautiful kitty Charade……the older I get the more having a cat appeals to me…..not for my husband though! He’s a dog person, so if we ever do get a pet, it’ll be a dog for sure. No chance right now though.
Cats are good because they are very low maintenance. My husband would prefer a dog too. The problem is that he wants a big dog. He would love a Husky. I’m not sure he understands what is involved with owning one though

Surprised they accepted the cards since normally a 3% fee associated with that to process the pmt.
I was too. I had never been able to use a credit card on a car payment before. I took advantage of it for almost a year. Now I need to find something else to build flight miles.

Back home in Santa Land!

We had a great vacation!
Welcome back. Glad you had an enjoyable vacation.

Sooo sweet!!!! If I wasn't so deathly allergic to cats - I could see if having one at this time in our lives. I never used to like them - because of my allergies - but they sure are cute little guys!
I’m actually allergic too, but my allergy is mild. I am okay with the one cat, but I don’t think I can handle more. I discovered my allergy when I tried volunteering at the humane society.

And APs burning a hole in my pocketbook. Well have to use that credit for cancelled flight, and did get two gift cards in addition to that, and what da ya know, a trip planned before that Fall one, even before we welcome summer. Hehe. Split long weekend planned.
I am a little envious. The down side of living in a small city is no options when it comes to air travel. I can never get cheap flights.
Yesterday I got bored and was researching flights to Orlando at the end of April. I could get one for $169 round trip, but it was late at night and I would have to fly out of Raleigh which is about 2.5 hours away.

It is time for me to get up and start the day. Wish me luck with Medicare.

Charade, I guess I am lucky. I live in a suburb, but close enough to the city, that we have a large, international airport just south of it. About an hour or less drive to it, as I live north of the city, and depending on what time of day. I can also take about an hour train ride to it too, from any of the two local stations, each about a mile from my home. Though have used the train a couple of times, lately, we just get a family member to drive and drop off and pick up. Direct, it’s only a 2 hour flight. Or, one crack of dawn flight we had last year, actual flying time was one hour and fifty minutes. SW uses mostly 737’s, so a bigger aircraft.
I wish I could have cats, as grew up with both cats and dogs, but have a family member severely allergic to cat dander. Thankfully, not dog dander. Hence, we have only dogs since I’ve been married. And have to say, I like the big dogs. As long as fenced backyard and willingness to take care of a dog, they are not that much work. Oh and lots of luck sent down your way for that Medicare issue.

Good morning homies!
Time to start breakfast!

Yep, second breakfast is here, and so far, a loaf of blueberry bread, loaf of banana bread, three packages of fruit in muffins, 4 packs, the tub big tubs of yogurt, and I hear more arriving.

Hope you are doing better and enjoying warmer weather than me. Day of winter said to feel like tomorrow. Yeah, Spring is here. Better be a lamb, and give us an overly hot end of it.

It's that hump day today. The weekend is on the horizon :cheer2: And I actually have the weekend off!!!! I did wake up to a light dusting of snow this morning :rolleyes2 with more in the forecast tomorrow and Friday. Oh well...hopefully this will be the last hurrah of winter we get hit with.

I had an interesting and fantastic phone call yesterday. I interviewed for a different position before we went on holidays. The interviewer asked for my 2 most current manager references directly after the interview. I got the phone call yesterday and they offered me the position!!!! We are just trying to nail down my official start date. But no more weekends and juggling the 2 jobs- It's a Mon- Friday 8:00 - 4:15 position at the same admin level I'm currently in!!!!! My end goal was this type of position!!!! I'm so freaking excited.

Quiet night last night. We video chatted with dd and gd. I already miss seeing them everyday! Gd is already counting down the days until we visit again. Other than that - we watched part of the oilers game until dh went to bed. Then was my turn to watch what I wanted.

Good morning homies!
:wave2: good morning!!!!
I will probably spend most of today working on billing. I may need a vacation after this.
That doesn't sound fun - and you should book the vacation to reward yourself ;) I hope you don't have too much trouble with it.
a loaf of blueberry bread, loaf of banana bread, three packages of fruit in muffins, 4 packs, the tub big tubs of yogurt, and I hear more arriving.
Yum!!!!!

Well...it's almost lunch...and I stated this when I had my tea in my hand. That is long gone - replaced by my water bottle.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Carole: Hope your trip is going good. I don't remember where in Scotland the film was shot, but it was Rick Steves who is a well known (in our country) and respected travel adviser and show personality. There was a lot of places where they were by the water/sea, so maybe that's it? One place had stone underground places that people lived a long time ago. It was right on the sea coast. I do believe you about the trees, LOL. I know they have to have some somewhere, but Rick didn't show them anyplace he went for this show. It made it look like trees were scarce if that's the only show you see. I deleted it so I can't remember where it was shot?!!
I'll check out Balmoral. Thanks for the tip. I always watch his shows with England and Scotland on them. Such beautiful countries.
Have a safe trip:)

Ah, the dreaded brownies. I am thinking about doing some from scratch just to see if I can:)

ruth

lol....could be anywhere I suppose!

Scotland is stunning!!!

And good luck with those brownies! I`m baking 90 on Sunday to take into Kyle`s office for Easter week, I`ll copy the recipe and send you it if you like, it is foolproof!!!

Morning all. Was a hair off yesterday, bit of a restless sleep I tend to get when the ‘lil stays over…worrywort mode as the Mr dubs it lol.

Nice cuppa coffee and a leftover dinner roll from Sunday. I sent leftovers from the meal home with GD yesterday. DS texted me a pic of plate he made, saying they were even better tasting lol.

Surprised they accepted the cards since normally a 3% fee associated with that to process the pmt.

Of all places, they sell it at Sams club and WM in a 5# bag. Aside from the unique flavor of it, a rather unique cut, almost curd sized and doesn’t disappear in casseroles. If they quit selling it will need to drive to the commercial food service store & grab it. Their version is a blend of provolone & mozzarella. Will do the trick, just a road trip.

Lol for bonus points, I tend to look as tho I fell in a swimming pool.

That is adorable

She does set the bar, high :). I jest in that there is absolutely no competition in my book. I just love food…eating, cooking & sharing it. Enjoy reading what others enjoy and love to hear hints etc.

Oh, that is so true! Wonderful to hear he’s on the mend. He will get there!

Don’t sell yourself short. Desserts often seem to be the bane of any large dinner I make. Always a bit of an after thought as the family focuses on the mains. Love the idea of a family pot luck of sorts, it’s all about the sharing that is important

The bar or the wine? :). Enjoy your trip!

Nothing like snow on the first day of spring to remind me God has a very good sense of humor.
View attachment 843153

Aww, thank you for the compliments!!! I take them all....... 😁

Yes, sharing food we have lovingly created is a joy to share with loved ones, one of life`s great pleasures.

Thanks Janet, having a lovely trip, go home tomorrow......wine has been enjoyed for sure!!

:wave2: Back home in Santa Land! It was second spring the last couple of days - which was nice to adjust to the cooler temperatures again. We have snow forecasted again later this week :sad: with another week of cooler temperatures, then back up to warmer temps again.

We had a great vacation! Besides the food being not great at this particular resort - everything else was great. They poured heavy drinks - which was great...and had no problem pouring our drinks into our travel mugs we brought along. I don't trust how clean the poolside bar cups are after watching them " clean" them the last time we visited Mexico. This just seemed safer. No stomach issues unlike last time we were there - so that is a positive. But all in all - we had a fabulous time. Gd loved the pool and was a little fish by the last few days with her little floaties on.

Now it's back to the regular life of eat, sleep, work lol

That is soooo cool! That was an amazing view you had!

The same with us. I had yesterday off to do laundry, stock up the fridge and cabinets again. My menu for the week is figured out...Life is good!

I'm sure you wouldn't want it any other way - as much as you might have wanted a little notice though ;)

I see so much on social media on how some people create boundaries and separate from their families. I understand the " why" of it...but as a Momma - it would break my heart to not be able to talk to or spend time with my kids.

Have a fantastic trip to see your family!!! I know you'll give your Mom some extra hugs when you see her.

Sooo sweet!!!! If I wasn't so deathly allergic to cats - I could see if having one at this time in our lives. I never used to like them - because of my allergies - but they sure are cute little guys!

Well, I should sort out more of the piles of papers on my desk. After being gone for 10 days - there are a few piles to sort and shuffle away.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Glad you had such a nice trip, very well deserved!!

Thank you, there certainly has been lots of hugs!!

Quick drive by howdy y’all!
Missin’ my SAN Folk!

:duck:

:wave2:

Good morning everyone. I woke up much earlier than I wanted to.

Yesterday one of my therapists finally got the approval to accept Medicare. They are letting her retro bill back to January 1, so I will probably spend most of today working on billing. I may need a vacation after this.

Not everyone. I hate to cook. Just yesterday I went to Kroger after work to try to figure out something for dinner. I did buy something but then we ended up going out for Mexican food instead.

Thank you. He can be fun but can also be very ornery at times.

Desserts are my favorite thing to make. I have several easy but good recipes.

Cats are good because they are very low maintenance. My husband would prefer a dog too. The problem is that he wants a big dog. He would love a Husky. I’m not sure he understands what is involved with owning one though

I was too. I had never been able to use a credit card on a car payment before. I took advantage of it for almost a year. Now I need to find something else to build flight miles.

Welcome back. Glad you had an enjoyable vacation.

I’m actually allergic too, but my allergy is mild. I am okay with the one cat, but I don’t think I can handle more. I discovered my allergy when I tried volunteering at the humane society.

I am a little envious. The down side of living in a small city is no options when it comes to air travel. I can never get cheap flights.
Yesterday I got bored and was researching flights to Orlando at the end of April. I could get one for $169 round trip, but it was late at night and I would have to fly out of Raleigh which is about 2.5 hours away.

It is time for me to get up and start the day. Wish me luck with Medicare.

Yes, animals are a lot of work, no intention of getting one anytime soon!! Your cat is very pretty though.

Hope it all went well with the Medicare.

I have no whines on our weather.
It’s decent for now.
When the temperature rises, central air is on.
All stores in the south have ac.

Sounds good mac!!!!

It's that hump day today. The weekend is on the horizon :cheer2: And I actually have the weekend off!!!! I did wake up to a light dusting of snow this morning :rolleyes2 with more in the forecast tomorrow and Friday. Oh well...hopefully this will be the last hurrah of winter we get hit with.

I had an interesting and fantastic phone call yesterday. I interviewed for a different position before we went on holidays. The interviewer asked for my 2 most current manager references directly after the interview. I got the phone call yesterday and they offered me the position!!!! We are just trying to nail down my official start date. But no more weekends and juggling the 2 jobs- It's a Mon- Friday 8:00 - 4:15 position at the same admin level I'm currently in!!!!! My end goal was this type of position!!!! I'm so freaking excited.

Quiet night last night. We video chatted with dd and gd. I already miss seeing them everyday! Gd is already counting down the days until we visit again. Other than that - we watched part of the oilers game until dh went to bed. Then was my turn to watch what I wanted.

:wave2: good morning!!!!

That doesn't sound fun - and you should book the vacation to reward yourself ;) I hope you don't have too much trouble with it.

Yum!!!!!

Well...it's almost lunch...and I stated this when I had my tea in my hand. That is long gone - replaced by my water bottle.

1710964317237.gif

That is wonderful news Pumpkin!! Those hours sound fabulous, more time for family and doing anything you want at the weekend!!! Hope you love the new job!!! And hope it`s not too cold for you this weekend.

Having a lovely trip, decided to stay an extra day after all and the hotel kept us in the same room which was nice.

Weather was lovely today, but will change after we leave tomorrow, been not too bad, but had some lovely family time and managed to see all of my siblings as well as lots of time with mum. Love her new place too.

Off to get some dinner then early night as we leave early tomorrow......:-)

I got the phone call yesterday and they offered me the position!!!! We are just trying to nail down my official start date. But no more weekends and juggling the 2 jobs- It's a Mon- Friday 8:00 - 4:15 position at the same admin level I'm currently in!!!!! My end goal was this type of position!!!! I'm so freaking excited.
Congratulations!!! Those are great hours. Now you can relax and enjoy your weekends.

I am still working on the Medicare issue. I am trying to make sure all the fields on the claims populate the way Medicare wants them. I was having some difficulty so I called tech support. He was going to remote in to my computer to try to find the problem, but he was having connection issues on his side. We will try again tomorrow.

Did an all day olaplex conditioning on the hair, tomorrow I’m in for service. Going a bit shorter & blonder. well, that’s if I can get the only hairdresser on the planet that’s resistant to cut more than an inch or two off. Usually, they want to do the opposite. :confused3 . Followed directly by a medical appt I’ve been putting off forever up in that general area, least I’m going somewhere to show off my new look.

Have tix to see theatrical viewing of the documentary they filmed when my DH employer again locked them out of work during a contract negotiation. He does Make an appearance in it. So humble, said the idea makes him uncomfortable.

Did taxes most of the day while hair marinated and I watched the snowflakes. Admittedly beautiful but, enough already. My daffodils finally came up, crocus and hyacinths green but no buds, yet. Something ate them off last year, probably deer.

FYI: Anyone waiting to book late fall/winter air with SWA, next schedule release date is tomorrow.

And APs burning a hole in my pocketbook. Well have to use that credit for cancelled flight, and did get two gift cards in addition to that, and what da ya know, a trip planned before that Fall one, even before we welcome summer.
Haha that’s a common affliction. Enjoy. You haven’t done the parks until you are drenched in sweat in the Orlando heat
I may need a vacation after this.
Sounds reasonable to me. I will say my Husky was the highest energy breed I’ve ever had. It’s recommended they get a minimum of two hours a day of vigorous exercise (i.e. running/brisk walk). I put in a ten foot high 24 X 24 exercise yard to try to burn off some of her energy via some bonus play time on days it was nice outside. Found out, the hard way, the breed can climb. Had to put a top on it lol
My end goal was this type of position!!!! I'm so freaking excited.
Wonderful news! Congratulations
Thanks Janet, having a lovely trip, go home tomorrow......wine has been enjoyed for sure!!
I’m sure you managed to pack the trip to the gills with good times. Safe journey

Congratulations!!! Those are great hours. Now you can relax and enjoy your weekends.

I am still working on the Medicare issue. I am trying to make sure all the fields on the claims populate the way Medicare wants them. I was having some difficulty so I called tech support. He was going to remote in to my computer to try to find the problem, but he was having connection issues on his side. We will try again tomorrow.

Hope you get better luck today.

Did an all day olaplex conditioning on the hair, tomorrow I’m in for service. Going a bit shorter & blonder. well, that’s if I can get the only hairdresser on the planet that’s resistant to cut more than an inch or two off. Usually, they want to do the opposite. :confused3 . Followed directly by a medical appt I’ve been putting off forever up in that general area, least I’m going somewhere to show off my new look.

Have tix to see theatrical viewing of the documentary they filmed when my DH employer again locked them out of work during a contract negotiation. He does Make an appearance in it. So humble, said the idea makes him uncomfortable.

Did taxes most of the day while hair marinated and I watched the snowflakes. Admittedly beautiful but, enough already. My daffodils finally came up, crocus and hyacinths green but no buds, yet. Something ate them off last year, probably deer.

FYI: Anyone waiting to book late fall/winter air with SWA, next schedule release date is tomorrow.

Haha that’s a common affliction. Enjoy. You haven’t done the parks until you are drenched in sweat in the Orlando heat

Sounds reasonable to me. I will say my Husky was the highest energy breed I’ve ever had. It’s recommended they get a minimum of two hours a day of vigorous exercise (i.e. running/brisk walk). I put in a ten foot high 24 X 24 exercise yard to try to burn off some of her energy via some bonus play time on days it was nice outside. Found out, the hard way, the breed can climb. Had to put a top on it lol

Wonderful news! Congratulations

I’m sure you managed to pack the trip to the gills with good times. Safe journey

I`m definitely an Olaplex convert, booked another treatment when I get my cut and blow dry in April. It`ll suit you though I think going shorter and blonder too. And hope you can get her to cut enough off for you.....it`s so true, usually it`s the opposite way!

Thanks, we`ve had a blast, looks like the weather going home will be similar to when we travelled up on Monday.....dreary.....lol......

Enjoyed a very early hotel breakfast, bit earlier than we`d normally eat, but it was nice. Later setting off than we planned too, but roads look quiet today....hopefully! Booked our August stay and Christmas trip so we get the rooms we want for both trips.

Ready to set off now......

These are not from this morning as it is rather dreary, but I miss this view when we`re not here.

i-LpsDM6x-X2.jpg

i-FRq4M8x-XL.jpg

Beautiful, scenic pictures, Schumi.

Ugh, winter is saying, no you are not, really in spring yet. 29 degrees and a wind as I closed our front door. 24 mph gusts, and a steady 9 mph wind. Brrr. From me. And a wild weather night we had. Gusty thunderstorms from around 9 to 10 last night. Kind that almost sounds like a train. But it was a quick one night and done, as we will fully dry out, with glorious sunshine all day. And while another very cool overnight tonight, as will go into the mid 20’s with those clear skies, but then will give us, with glorious sunshine all day Friday too. Then the rain returns, to predicted to be a rainy all day Saturday. Sigh. Not in April yet, but we seemed to be rainy every week in March so far.

And so, glad the week day routine ends today. But always quiet in my office, as not many in my building come in early, though there are some on other floors than mine. So, tea and noise of my laptop to keep me awake. That, and they turned off the heat in our building, so it’s a tad cool inside. Have a business jacket on, and still wearing my heavier, tweed pants. At least should see 44 degrees by the time I commute home.

Doing my part today, as drinking hot tea. Do your part, and keep hydrated, good for a body to be, on this Thirsty Thursday. Have a most terrific day, today. Friday is now day away, woot!

Quick Thirsty Thursday stop in!!!

Gave my notice at my full-time (ish) job. They weren't surprised, but they are sad. They are now coming to me with allll the questions about all the little things I take care of. I will make " how to" directions on most of it. It doesn't sound like they are going to rehire someone - just divide my duties to others who can take them on. That might come back to bite them in the @ss. I'm trying not to worry about how my leaving affects both jobs - but that is also what makes me great at my job - is to empathize with those I'm helping and provide great service :confused3 OH well, I'm excited to start the new job.

Quiet night again last night. I almost put on my winter coat, hat and mitts to go for a walk last night - but that darn wind was really cold last night. Today we have icky snow falling and it's supposed to continue until late tomorrow :sad1: I know this is hopefully the last hurrah of winter - I'm needing spring to come.

We had a baked spaghetti last night. I was happy I could put mushrooms in it last night as older ds is out of town for work. Poor kid - he got two nights in his own bed after holidays - before he had to go work out of town again.

Alright...off to shuffle some papers and get more directions printed out and laminated for the guys.

lol....could be anywhere I suppose!

Scotland is stunning!!!

And good luck with those brownies! I`m baking 90 on Sunday to take into Kyle`s office for Easter week, I`ll copy the recipe and send you it if you like, it is foolproof!!!

Aww, thank you for the compliments!!! I take them all....... 😁

Yes, sharing food we have lovingly created is a joy to share with loved ones, one of life`s great pleasures.

Glad you had such a nice trip, very well deserved!!

Thank you, there certainly has been lots of hugs!!

:wave2:

Yes, animals are a lot of work, no intention of getting one anytime soon!! Your cat is very pretty though.

Hope it all went well with the Medicare.

Sounds good mac!!!!

That is wonderful news Pumpkin!! Those hours sound fabulous, more time for family and doing anything you want at the weekend!!! Hope you love the new job!!! And hope it`s not too cold for you this weekend.

Having a lovely trip, decided to stay an extra day after all and the hotel kept us in the same room which was nice.

Weather was lovely today, but will change after we leave tomorrow, been not too bad, but had some lovely family time and managed to see all of my siblings as well as lots of time with mum. Love her new place too.

Off to get some dinner then early night as we leave early tomorrow......:-)
LOL, thanks Carole. I've heard that before! Foolproof! I could bake and send you some if you like? Will email later:)

Is pasta meals a favorite for most of you?

When we eat out, the Mr has ordered it once every blue moon.
I haven’t fixed it in ages at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter