Something About Nothing............ #14

Keisha, yes split stay. Though we did both during our 3 night with Disney and 4 night with Universal. Sniff, happy st. pat’s, as once again delayed and arriving after midnight. Hehe, was 75 degrees when we came back to the hotel last night. 47 degrees outside as wait for luggage.

hey all, been MIA as my phone started to act up to point it would just repeatedly shut off on me. Turns out both the Mr & my battery approaching that 60-something point where they won’t get a good trade in, off to negotiated with ATT we went. Laughable offer there, went up the food chain to Apple. Unfortunately, a real road trip to that location. Double the trade, newest phone :). All we need to do is learn how to work on the camera. It’s nearly as good as a couple of the mr’s DSLR cameras.

To warm up for breakfast tomorrow…
View attachment 842436

I can’t take credit for the embellishments, just the alterations to make them fit properly. DiL doesn’t sew but she bedazzles with the bet of them! I love the Kevin costume from Up she fashioned. Well, I did make Stitch’s Elvis cape :). Will bore you all with pics on race days.

I’m full of holes lol, necessary evil for my days of slathering on baby oil & broiling

Glad to hear you are doing better. That dish sounds very good.

I make sure to honor it each year with one of the pie specials the local grocery bakeries offer.

Sadly, I’ve never mastered that skill

Oh, you mean planning? Lol I’m sure it will be a great trip

They’ve fallen out of favor with me. It’s the chicken…all using some sort of flat, white square product that I’d bet is anything but real chicken. It’s akin to pressed sort of thing texture, like a chicken nugget or fish stick. I just pick vegetables out of the mr’s whatever, add an egg roll & upgrade his uneaten white rice to fried and call it a day.

Lol my family is insulted when I don’t cook a meal. For me it’s a treat to get takeout. They mostly live on it and want home-cooked. Holiday meals always a disjointed sort of buffet by necessity as they all have “favorites” that must be on the table.

That sounds like a disney food court. I’m confused, did you do a split stay between WDW & U?

Great attitude, so many see the throngs in the park and moan & groan instead of making the best of the situation.

Glad you finally got the phone sorted out, what an adventure!!! It`ll be worth it, that camera sounds a good one, friends have said the last really good camera on that phone was the 10, sounds a whopper.

Restaurants here would be closed down if they weren`t serving chicken, but yes you can tell easily, the two we tend to use are lovely, never had an issue with them, but once in France many years ago we were sure it was something else, rabbit at best, we left very quickly without eating!

It`s taken me a long time to be able to sleep late occasionally. Years of working constant early shift stays with you, but if it`s a choice of getting up for no reason on a dark winter morning when we have nothing to do or stay snuggled up in a warm cosy bed.....yep, I know which one I`m going for. Generally I still do get up early though, habit that`s hard to shift.

Oh you wouldn`t bore with the outfits, she always looks amazing for her runs and events!

Had a really splendid day yesterday in the end, two friends popped over and despite it being cloudy we opened the kitchen bifold doors wide and enjoyed some fresh air and a glass wine while still being in the warm……I could almost hear my dad complaining about doors wide open with the heating on and how it’s a waste of heat lol……I couldn’t ever spell the word frugal never mind live that way! The sun did eventually come back out before they left, they were meeting his sister and husband for dinner so didn’t stay here to eat, although I gather they would have preferred to stay here!

Ended up going out to a Thai restaurant for dinner, hot, sweet and spicy dishes for us….that menu is so tempting! Ordered a couple of dishes and some appetisers, too much really, but we ate what we wanted. Absolutely gorgeous place, not very big with only about 10 tables so we were lucky to get in last minute, then chilled relaxing evening watching movies.

Didn`t get round to putting the diced beef in the slow cooker last night, so it`s been sitting in the ale, stock, herbs and seasonings all night, will pop it on after my first cuppa and it can simmer away all day for tonight.

No plans today except to go watch Kyle for the second part of his 20 mile race, it`s probably going to rain but we`ll still go. Hoping we can get parked close by.

And no, we don`t celebrate St Patrick`s day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Have a lovely Sunday, time for more tea before breakfast 😁

1710658814436.jpeg

cv104-S.jpg

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:
IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3163.gif

IMG_3141.gif

Our nearby mall area has sunk into sad decline, other than Sams & WM a real ghost town. Saw this on FB, not too far fetched with the pot hole situation. Inside joke is that it was originally supposed to have a Great Wolf Lodge, who pulled out early on before ground broke.
It seems a lot of Malls around the US are having issues staying open. Many of them are loosing their big anchor stores which spells the coming doom for them.

Thank you Robbie....it`s lovely to be celebrating with Kyle today.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday too :)
Good to hear you all had a lovely evening with friends and your children celebrating your Mother’s Day.

Thanks for the birthday wish for Roger:) He is pampering me, however, because I'm still walking like a little old lady! He went grocery shopping today, did some laundry, and made the beds. Wow, I never knew he could do that, LOL.
Happy belated birthday to your hubby Ruth.
IMG_3166.gif

Ruth hope you feel better soon.

Lynne its always nice to get a little time away for a vacation. Nice that you and your daughter were able to enjoy some time at Disney and Universal.

My sister sent me pictures of the crowds at Universal that were backed up all the way to the NBC waiting to get into the Studios last week.

Pumpkin hope you had a relaxing vacation in the sun.

It has been pretty warm here. The temps hit 90 yesterday. Very unusual for this time of year. Looks like storm is moving in tomorrow that will cool down temps to the 70’s.

Went up to Titusville on Thursday scouting out an area to watch SpaceX launches in the future. There was a Falcon 9 that was supposed to go off that had been delayed from the day before. Alas it did not go off again and was delayed to the next day.

I met a lovely German family that was on vacation. They had been to KSC for the day and had come to watch the ship take off. The man was concerned about Alligators jumping out of the water. I told him it was ok. While there are Alligators in all bodies of water around Florida I have never seen any swimming close by to this particular park area.

I heard someone telling an another person on one of the water taxis at Universal a few years ago that there were Alligators in the water at Universal. The Captain said he had worked at Universal for 30 years and had never seen a Alligator or heard of one on Universal property. He said Universal is landlocked on all sides, and there is not enough undeveloped marsh land to encourage gators to move in and the water treated.

It was a very clear night on Friday night and I was able to see the Falcon 9 go up from my back yard and heard the rocket re-entry.

IMG_9337.jpeg

IMG_9340.jpeg

IMG_9339.jpeg

IMG_9343.jpeg

Booster separation.
IMG_9346.jpeg
It was so cool as the ship arched right over our homes. My fellow rocket Sista B and myself were overjoyed it was such a clear night.

Sun is shining already this morning. It does seem funny since time change to get up in the dark.

It is supposed to be 87 today.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

IMG_4816.jpeg

Sniff, happy st. pat’s, as once again delayed and arriving after midnight.
U were on a role. Ugh. Weather?
friends have said the last really good camera on that phone was the 10,
I’d have to agree as having the 11 was no more than passable. Not any sort of zoom to speak of TBH
could almost hear my dad complaining about doors wide open with the heating on and how it’s a waste of heat lol
Haha it’s universal with Dads
And no, we don`t celebrate St Patrick`s day 🏴
Not even the snake part? :).

It’s decidedly not a religious sort of acknowledgement here as with many of the other saints for Catholics. Joke when it falls on Sundays is that green beer should be subbed for the communion wine

Go Kyle, Go! Hope the weather was fine today
Alas it did not go off again and was delayed to the next day.
Not too bad just a day delay, nice pics. I lost count how many shuttle launches we missed due to delays and needing to fly home, oh well lol
The Captain said he had worked at Universal for 30 years and had never seen a Alligator or heard of one on Universal property.
well, they do tend to keep that sort of thing quiet. Have had multiple captains explain the waterway as a man-made sort of thing. Could be that none in the wild close enough willing to make the journey.

It was all fun & games @ WDW with the number of gators until the sad incident. Now it’s open season on them there. When staying water view, have seen hunters at night in boats. Popular among locals I’m told to get the permits. Told they upped their standard rotation/dates.

One was an unofficial mascot in the waters near where we often would stay BWV/BCV. He photobombed many bridal parties getting married in the gazebo there lol.

Last one I heard of was a baby in the splash mountain ride after the drop, he was quickly rehomed.

Have a good one

Last edited:

Robo, when we were walking out of the Studio’s Friday night, we saw a rocket launch. I’ll ask little one to give me her picture of it. Was a clear enough sky, we could actually see the rocket. We had a great time, as we think we managed the crowds well. We never had a long line at security or park entry, and since we have APs and will be back, any longer ride line than we wanted to wait in, we passed. We still got to ride all that we wanted, and saw parade twice.

But back to routine I am. Laundry almost done, and seems the men did well while we were gone. Now to restock the kitchen cupboard, and maybe a stop at my sister’s. Then as our normal Sunday night event, the trash can to curb sounds.

And happy St. Patrick’s Day, from little one and me:
IMG_3359.jpeg

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:
View attachment 842489

View attachment 842490

View attachment 842493

View attachment 842495

It seems a lot of Malls around the US are having issues staying open. Many of them are loosing their big anchor stores which spells the coming doom for them.

Good to hear you all had a lovely evening with friends and your children celebrating your Mother’s Day.

Happy belated birthday to your hubby Ruth.
View attachment 842496

Ruth hope you feel better soon.

Lynne its always nice to get a little time away for a vacation. Nice that you and your daughter were able to enjoy some time at Disney and Universal.

My sister sent me pictures of the crowds at Universal that were backed up all the way to the NBC waiting to get into the Studios last week.

Pumpkin hope you had a relaxing vacation in the sun.

It has been pretty warm here. The temps hit 90 yesterday. Very unusual for this time of year. Looks like storm is moving in tomorrow that will cool down temps to the 70’s.

Went up to Titusville on Thursday scouting out an area to watch SpaceX launches in the future. There was a Falcon 9 that was supposed to go off that had been delayed from the day before. Alas it did not go off again and was delayed to the next day.

I met a lovely German family that was on vacation. They had been to KSC for the day and had come to watch the ship take off. The man was concerned about Alligators jumping out of the water. I told him it was ok. While there are Alligators in all bodies of water around Florida I have never seen any swimming close by to this particular park area.

I heard someone telling an another person on one of the water taxis at Universal a few years ago that there were Alligators in the water at Universal. The Captain said he had worked at Universal for 30 years and had never seen a Alligator or heard of one on Universal property. He said Universal is landlocked on all sides, and there is not enough undeveloped marsh land to encourage gators to move in and the water treated.

It was a very clear night on Friday night and I was able to see the Falcon 9 go up from my back yard and heard the rocket re-entry.

View attachment 842524

View attachment 842525

View attachment 842526

View attachment 842527

Booster separation.
View attachment 842528
It was so cool as the ship arched right over our homes. My fellow rocket Sista B and myself were overjoyed it was such a clear night.

Sun is shining already this morning. It does seem funny since time change to get up in the dark.

It is supposed to be 87 today.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

It`s the same here Robbie, two large malls we used to visit within a few hours away have lost the flagship stores. Last time we drove to one we planned a day, we left before lunch, very sad to see.

I watched the launch and return phase, always a joy to see, they are doing an incredible job. One of Kyle`s friend`s brother is working with SpaceX for 3 months starting in May I believe, it was a friend of a friend of a friend that got him the time there in Texas. He will meet the man himself too, now that is someone I`d love to sit down and chat to.

I saw loads of pics from last week too, lines to get into MK on Monday were horrendous. All 3 Premiers and Sapphire were at capacity. So many folks compaining too on the Dis alone. one of the TM we know was pictured on FB apparently when someone was showing the awful crowds, she said she`s finally made it....lol......

Have a great Sunday Robbie and hope dad is still improving.

View attachment 842546

U were on a role. Ugh. Weather?

I’d have to agree as having the 11 was no more than passable. Not any sort of zoom to speak of TBH

Haha it’s universal with Dads

Not even the snake part? :).

It’s decidedly not a religious sort of acknowledgement here as with many of the other saints for Catholics. Joke when it falls on Sundays is that green beer should be subbed for the communion wine

Go Kyle, Go! Hope the weather was fine today

Not too bad just a day delay, nice pics. I lost count how many shuttle launches we missed due to delays and needing to fly home, oh well lol

well, they do tend to keep that sort of thing quiet. Have had multiple captains explain the waterway as a man-made sort of thing. Could be that none in the wild close enough willing to make the journey.

It was all fun & games @ WDW with the number of gators until the sad incident. Now it’s open season on them there. When staying water view, have seen hunters at night in boats. Popular among locals I’m told to get the permits. Told they upped their standard rotation/dates.

One was an unofficial mascot in the waters near where we often would stay BWV/BCV. He photobombed many bridal parties getting married in the gazebo there lol.

Last one I heard of was a baby in the splash mountain ride after the drop, he was quickly rehomed.

Have a good one

Nope, no snakes, not a single part of that do we celebrate. Weirdly the quote is showing a black flag and I posted a Scotland flag.....lol......the wee fairies must be annoyed 😉

lol....yes, Tom is a bit like that too when I leave a door open....or his worst nightmare, heating on and all the windows open!!! Makes sense to me as I love fresh air.....haha!! One of my friends kids bought a home where the main front door opens up straight into the living room.....nope, he wouldn`t buy a place like that at all. I was surprised I convinced him Bi-Fold doors were a good idea in the kitchen, we do still have a large window too that we can open if it`s too cold, got to have fresh air in the kitchen!

I sent you some pics, I don`t think the video is going to play, but yes, he did amazingly well, cold and a little rain but not too much, so proud of him, especially since he`s had a cold this week. He is a superstar!!!

Yes, I went to stand in the cold and possible rain to watch Kyle do his 20 mile race, well I was there for the last hour and he was fantastic!!! He thinks he could have done better, he still got a very good time, but oh so proud of him. He didn`t even look like he broke a sweat when he was done.

I`m back home and the smell of the beef cooking is making me hungry, smells beautiful, but think Tom is coming down with the cold, typical!! Our drive up to Scotland tomorrow will be fun! I don`t mind driving if he doesn`t feel like it.

We have dinner booked for both nights, Tuesday there are a fair few of us for dinner in our hotel restaurant which will be lovely.

Time for afternoon tea right now with a slice of lemon drizzle cake and that should keep us going till dinner! Perfect day for creamy mash and a winter warming beef casserole!

Hello and Happy St. Patrick’s Day. I realized this morning that the only green shirt I own is polar fleece and it’s supposed to hit 68 degrees today.

Yesterday we went to our very first baseball game at the university. We were given the opportunity to purchase seats in the club room and I think I have been spoiled now. We had about 2 dozen people in the room, it was climate controlled, had private bathrooms, and we even had students who would take our food and drink orders and bring it to us. Out team won 12-1, so it was a pretty good day.

Sniff sniff, we leave late tomorrow night. But already plotting and scheming to return before and after our longer September stay, which is already paid for.
I will probably miss seeing you this year. Right now the plan is to go back in November.

Been tv surfing and still trying to find something on tv that is not a repeat.
I find myself watching old shows from the 80s.

Scored a lunch at Space 220 today. Looking forward to it.
How is the food there? I’m not planning to make any ADRs, but if I happen to see a reservation open when we are there I might take it.

Double the trade, newest phone :). All we need to do is learn how to work on the camera. It’s nearly as good as a couple of the mr’s DSLR cameras.
Now I want to upgrade. I think we currently have the 13.

They’ve fallen out of favor with me. It’s the chicken…all using some sort of flat, white square product that I’d bet is anything but real chicken. It’s akin to pressed sort of thing texture, like a chicken nugget or fish stick.
Ewww! Thankfully my restaurant still uses real chicken.

Nice pictures!

And happy St. Patrick’s Day, from little one and me:
Great pic. I was debating spending the extra for the photo pass. I think it will be worth it.

Time to think about lunch.

Charade, after experiencing both lunch and dinner at 220, we prefer the selections at dinner more than lunch. From last year, dinner went up 4 dollars, from 75 per person, that we did last year, is now 79. Lunch was 55 this year (don’t remember if increase or not) but yay, they had a 10 percent AP discount on our lunch price. Lunch is appetizer and entree. Dinner includes a dessert. Price fix at both meals. And doesn’t include any drinks, including soda, or coffee or tea. They do have a nice selection of alcohol, but I’m not a big drinker. Little one got the cheap (to me) kid’s drink, that has a glow cube in it. At our dinner, when we went, we saw nearby tables, that she was not the only adult that had that drink. It’s a cute, plastic rocket, that we still have. The other price fix meal we enjoyed is the Chef de France, a 3 piece you can pick for 65, that we paid this time. Don’t know, but probably an increase too. We are hoping to get both dinners’ reservations in September.

I think I actually see little one. Older one left for work an hour ago, and DH left for volunteering at our airport USO location, at 4 am this morning. Both guys will be home just after dinner time. Little one declared she doesn’t feel like going anywhere. Fine with me. Saw a box of pasta, and pieces of cheese in the refrigerator, so made a big pot of mac and cheese. Perfect brunch item for me. A go to item for little one, as she is a fan of that cheesy side or meal.

all my children decided to bop in for dinner today. Surprise eek

The two turkey breasts I cooked went into fridge as not enough for all. Tomorrow is handled.

Will make the corned beef brisket weds likely. Will cover 2 days except for Mr who won’t touch it

Rushed to make my from scratch sauce, hot sausage & ground meat in it. Usually like for it to sit overnight for flavors to blend.

Penne in oven. No smoked mozzarella to be found at WM. Groan. Settled for reg. Buttered noodles for the mr. Nice salad & Italian bread with cannoli (bought) will do the trick nicely

Behind as the Duquesne VCU was a nail biter. Nice to see the dukes, DiLs school likely in the march madness dance

I sent you some pics, I don`t think the video is going to play, but yes, he did amazingly
He looked stellar! I do 3 miles and look like body parts going to fall off
Happy St. Patrick’s Day. I realized this morning that the only green shirt I own is polar fleece
lol in a rush didn’t din my usual green shirt. Chilly, just grabbed an orange sweater coat as I hurried out to grab the grub. Got some pushback from those in store in head to toe green. Seriously? Go home, you’re drunk
And don’t look Irish either :magnify:

I’m annoyed. I just discovered that the credit union that dh has his car financed through has changed payment systems and will no longer allow me to make a payment with a credit card. :mad: I was using this to earn flight miles.

In happier news….we have been having some really nice sunsets this week. I’m trying to find a good place to go to take some pictures. I’d like to find an area without buildings or telephone poles. Meanwhile, enjoy Sunset Over Kroger.

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

The two turkey breasts I cooked went into fridge as not enough for all. Tomorrow is handled.

Will make the corned beef brisket weds likely. Will cover 2 days except for Mr who won’t touch it

Rushed to make my from scratch sauce, hot sausage & ground meat in it. Usually like for it to sit overnight for flavors to blend.

Penne in oven. No smoked mozzarella to be found at WM. Groan. Settled for reg. Buttered noodles for the mr. Nice salad & Italian bread with cannoli (bought) will do the trick nicely

Behind as the Duquesne VCU was a nail biter. Nice to see the dukes, DiLs school likely in the march madness dance

He looked stellar! I do 3 miles and look like body parts going to fall off

lol in a rush didn’t din my usual green shirt. Chilly, just grabbed an orange sweater coat as I hurried out to grab the grub. Got some pushback from those in store in head to toe green. Seriously? Go home, you’re drunk
And don’t look Irish either :magnify:

I thought that was hilarious Janet!!! We both had the vision of you getting the old "stink eye" (best expression ever) as you wandered in the store!! I did love what you were wearing though, suits you!

Food sounds good, and yes, sauces made the day before are always so much nicer when the flavours have melded together more! I`ve never tried smoked mozzarella, not sure I`ve even seen it anywhere.

Thanks......he did fabulously! Oh lord yes, when you see me after our ten miles if we`re pushing it, I look like I need oxygen! I swear he can`t have an ounce of body fat on him anymore, but we are so proud of him.

I’m annoyed. I just discovered that the credit union that dh has his car financed through has changed payment systems and will no longer allow me to make a payment with a credit card. :mad: I was using this to earn flight miles.

In happier news….we have been having some really nice sunsets this week. I’m trying to find a good place to go to take some pictures. I’d like to find an area without buildings or telephone poles. Meanwhile, enjoy Sunset Over Kroger.

View attachment 842748

View attachment 842749

Sky is pretty Charade. Least it`s not an industrial area, I know what you mean though, a nice clear view is so pretty. We`re headed to Scotland soon and hope to see some nice skies, but weather might not cooperate, West of Scotland sunsets are stunning.

And glad to see you enjoyed the hospitality area at the game, nothing quite like an executive area to feel a little pampered!!

Up and out early this morning, will stop off at lunch hopefully around the border. Weather looks decent enough for the drive at least, not sure what we`ll drive into.

Our two little housesitters arrived last night, friend`s daughter and her boyfriend, they don`t have a house together yet, so are always happy to play house for a time, lovely couple who are incredibly tidy. Filled the fridge with goodies they like.

Incredibly mild for the time of year again.....if we weren`t heading off we`d have been walking this morning, so hoping it lasts now and the worst of winter is over.

Later in the week we have some appointments and Tom and I will both be doing Friday morning volunteering this week. Popular pastime it seems all of a sudden :rolleyes:

Allegedly.

But, looking forward to seeing family this week!!! Trying to squeeze in a couple of friends too while we`re up, but not sure we`ll have the time.

Have a lovely Monday and week ahead......hope it`s a good one 😁

cv13-S.jpg

cv56-S.png

:rotfl:

Ah that Monday is here, and I was up before the sun. More than 2 hours before it. Back to that last of winter temps this week. 38 and overcast are we right now.

Soon to hear the trash trucks, and DH went out to toss some, more a few minutes ago. Both of us are teleworking today. Then sigh, back into the city for the next 3 days. And ready for a lazy Friday, this week, as certainly need it after having a fun last week.

Most Marvelous Monday to all, and safe travels to Schumi, as nice to always go to visit family.

It’s Monday. Lots of little annoyances at work today, most involving insurance.

This morning Caspian was paying a lot of attention to a bag of tote bags that dh has. I turned around after breakfast and saw this

IMG_0328.jpeg

He was still in the bag when I left for work. Seemed perfectly content.

Happy Monday morning, everyone:)

Today it is really cold in the 20's with below zero wind chills. Brrr. Last week's 50's spoiled us, and then reality set in LOL.
I have been cleaning my sewing room and washing clothes today. I wonder where all the dust comes from??? We also have those orange/red lady bugs starting to make an appearance. I just suck them up in the sweeper, and then empty the bag because if you sweep up Alot, they stink to high heaven!!!
I'm making meatloaf, baked beans, and potatoes for supper. I have chicken thawing out for crock pot sweet and sour chicken with rice for tomorrow. You should be proud of me, Carole, for actually getting something out of the freezer to thaw out for tomorrow, LOL. I usually just think of what I want to make the morning of. I guess planning meals is starting to sink in, thanks to Carole for all her delicious sounding food. It seems like everyone on here makes really great and interesting meals. I need to get on that band wagon, better late than never:)

Was so happy that our grandson visited this weekend. It's the first time I've seen him since he was so sick. His face is swollen from the massive dose of prednisone, but he looks good otherwise. Seeing someone who has been so sick really helps you feel better:) He has a very restricted diet so he can't eat most of what we eat. He brings his own food with him. He is doing so good this way, but I feel guilty eating what I want in front of him:(

Charade: Caspian is so cute!!! I bet he's a lot of fun to have around. I miss having a pet. It's amazing how you get attached to them. Maybe one day.... Have a good Monday even with the insurance problems...... I loved your sunset photos.

LynneG: Welcome back to reality. Coming home from vacation is the worst! especially to cold weather.

Schumigirl: Have a safe trip to Scotland. That country looks so beautiful. We watched a Rick Steves travel show this am for Scotland. I just have one question???? Where are all the trees? It is beautiful and desolate looking, but no trees???? I am a tree person, which makes my husband irritated because I never want him to cut down or trim our trees, even if they need it. We have the "tree discussion" every time, LOL.

Keishashadow: It sounds like you enjoyed your surprise visitors at dinner, LOL. I don't make big family dinners anymore. It was too much work which caused my fibro/arthritis pain to get worse. I really loved having those big dinners, but now my daughter and daughterinlaw have taken over the big family meals. Now I fix a lot of desserts and then call the family over. They love the pies and cakes and cookies (except for the brownies, Carole:):)

Robo: thanks for the beautiful photos of the rocket launch. You are lucky to be able to see so many of them, and to enjoy that warm weather:)

Have a great week everyone:)

ruth

It’s Monday. Lots of little annoyances at work today, most involving insurance.

This morning Caspian was paying a lot of attention to a bag of tote bags that dh has. I turned around after breakfast and saw this

View attachment 842862

He was still in the bag when I left for work. Seemed perfectly content.

Beautiful kitty Charade……the older I get the more having a cat appeals to me…..not for my husband though! He’s a dog person, so if we ever do get a pet, it’ll be a dog for sure. No chance right now though.

Happy Monday morning, everyone:)

Today it is really cold in the 20's with below zero wind chills. Brrr. Last week's 50's spoiled us, and then reality set in LOL.
I have been cleaning my sewing room and washing clothes today. I wonder where all the dust comes from??? We also have those orange/red lady bugs starting to make an appearance. I just suck them up in the sweeper, and then empty the bag because if you sweep up Alot, they stink to high heaven!!!
I'm making meatloaf, baked beans, and potatoes for supper. I have chicken thawing out for crock pot sweet and sour chicken with rice for tomorrow. You should be proud of me, Carole, for actually getting something out of the freezer to thaw out for tomorrow, LOL. I usually just think of what I want to make the morning of. I guess planning meals is starting to sink in, thanks to Carole for all her delicious sounding food. It seems like everyone on here makes really great and interesting meals. I need to get on that band wagon, better late than never:)

Was so happy that our grandson visited this weekend. It's the first time I've seen him since he was so sick. His face is swollen from the massive dose of prednisone, but he looks good otherwise. Seeing someone who has been so sick really helps you feel better:) He has a very restricted diet so he can't eat most of what we eat. He brings his own food with him. He is doing so good this way, but I feel guilty eating what I want in front of him:(

Charade: Caspian is so cute!!! I bet he's a lot of fun to have around. I miss having a pet. It's amazing how you get attached to them. Maybe one day.... Have a good Monday even with the insurance problems...... I loved your sunset photos.

LynneG: Welcome back to reality. Coming home from vacation is the worst! especially to cold weather.

Schumigirl: Have a safe trip to Scotland. That country looks so beautiful. We watched a Rick Steves travel show this am for Scotland. I just have one question???? Where are all the trees? It is beautiful and desolate looking, but no trees???? I am a tree person, which makes my husband irritated because I never want him to cut down or trim our trees, even if they need it. We have the "tree discussion" every time, LOL.

Keishashadow: It sounds like you enjoyed your surprise visitors at dinner, LOL. I don't make big family dinners anymore. It was too much work which caused my fibro/arthritis pain to get worse. I really loved having those big dinners, but now my daughter and daughterinlaw have taken over the big family meals. Now I fix a lot of desserts and then call the family over. They love the pies and cakes and cookies (except for the brownies, Carole:):)

Robo: thanks for the beautiful photos of the rocket launch. You are lucky to be able to see so many of them, and to enjoy that warm weather:)

Have a great week everyone:)

ruth

Food sounds so good Ruth!!! Not the beans though……lol…..love sweet and sour chicken though!

Where was that guy? Up in the very North of Scotland there are areas that don’t have trees due to deforestation or just because over the years the wind has blown them all down. But we have millions of trees in Scotland, they are everywhere! Honest…….lol……we have forests and woodland galore, and most towns are surrounded by hills or mountains or just good old woodland. Even Glasgow which is our second city has mountains and trees within a short distance of it. I’m very curious as to what show you watched and where he was, never heard of the guy.

Google Balmoral, it is stunning for woodland and only a small part of how many trees there are in Scotland.

Our home is surrounded by trees which we love, so I know what you mean. We have huge conifers on our boundary and have an area with fruit trees and a huge Bay tree along with smaller ones that flower, who knows what they are, but they are very pretty!

Enjoy that food, I know you enjoy cooking too……maybe not boxed brownies though lol…..you know I jest…..😉

Have a great Monday Ruth……

lol…..love our “view”

IMG_3333.jpeg

Nice journey up, weather was beautiful, until we got near the hotel……lol……

High winds and heavy rain, tide is coming in and we couldn’t believe we saw some canoe people out in the water…..crazy!

Love the sea view we have though, very rarely have we been able to book a sea view here, but worth it, well, it might be worth it tomorrow when the sun is supposed to shine! Hopefully we’ll be able to see our beloved island tomorrow.

Dinner out later, but we decided to eat here tonight instead of a 40 minute drive to the pub we were planning to visit, cancelled our reservation and just booked in the hotel restaurant.

Having a nice glass of wine right now in their bar which is lovely, very purple!!

But, weather aside, it’s lovely being back in Scotland.

Beautiful kitty Charade……the older I get the more having a cat appeals to me…..not for my husband though! He’s a dog person, so if we ever do get a pet, it’ll be a dog for sure. No chance right now though.

Food sounds so good Ruth!!! Not the beans though……lol…..love sweet and sour chicken though!

Where was that guy? Up in the very North of Scotland there are areas that don’t have trees due to deforestation or just because over the years the wind has blown them all down. But we have millions of trees in Scotland, they are everywhere! Honest…….lol……we have forests and woodland galore, and most towns are surrounded by hills or mountains or just good old woodland. Even Glasgow which is our second city has mountains and trees within a short distance of it. I’m very curious as to what show you watched and where he was, never heard of the guy.

Google Balmoral, it is stunning for woodland and only a small part of how many trees there are in Scotland.

Our home is surrounded by trees which we love, so I know what you mean. We have huge conifers on our boundary and have an area with fruit trees and a huge Bay tree along with smaller ones that flower, who knows what they are, but they are very pretty!

Enjoy that food, I know you enjoy cooking too……maybe not boxed brownies though lol…..you know I jest…..😉

Have a great Monday Ruth……

lol…..love our “view”

View attachment 842889

Nice journey up, weather was beautiful, until we got near the hotel……lol……

High winds and heavy rain, tide is coming in and we couldn’t believe we saw some canoe people out in the water…..crazy!

Love the sea view we have though, very rarely have we been able to book a sea view here, but worth it, well, it might be worth it tomorrow when the sun is supposed to shine! Hopefully we’ll be able to see our beloved island tomorrow.

Dinner out later, but we decided to eat here tonight instead of a 40 minute drive to the pub we were planning to visit, cancelled our reservation and just booked in the hotel restaurant.

Having a nice glass of wine right now in their bar which is lovely, very purple!!

But, weather aside, it’s lovely being back in Scotland.
Hi Carole: Hope your trip is going good. I don't remember where in Scotland the film was shot, but it was Rick Steves who is a well known (in our country) and respected travel adviser and show personality. There was a lot of places where they were by the water/sea, so maybe that's it? One place had stone underground places that people lived a long time ago. It was right on the sea coast. I do believe you about the trees, LOL. I know they have to have some somewhere, but Rick didn't show them anyplace he went for this show. It made it look like trees were scarce if that's the only show you see. I deleted it so I can't remember where it was shot?!!
I'll check out Balmoral. Thanks for the tip. I always watch his shows with England and Scotland on them. Such beautiful countries.
Have a safe trip:)

Ah, the dreaded brownies. I am thinking about doing some from scratch just to see if I can:)

ruth

Ah, nothing like more red lights than green this morning. Back to those three days of commuting. Sigh. So dark, but mostly clear sky. And that wind. Nippy, almost feeling like winter coming, not spring today. At freezing as I saw when I got out the door. Sigh.

But welcome to Spring, tonight, at 11:06 pm in my time zone. And also today? It’s the day of the week, to enjoy a taco with that Spring arriving celebration.

And so, booted up, wonky. Updates need a reboot, have at it. Taking a while to get back on. Whatever. That dreaded blue circle. At least it seems better as slowly opening. Ooh maybe right now. Sigh. Hmm, still having issue with the one drive. Had issues with it yesterday too. Microsoft is fine when working right. Oh when doing that web access I guess it saves enough so takes awhile to load when now on Ethernet. Sigh, wish they’d fix that secure way when teleworking.

And so,

1710843169072.jpeg

Ah yes, time to think of and/ or eat those tacos today.

Yep, a most happy Taco, Spring arriving Tuesday wish to all.

Morning all. Was a hair off yesterday, bit of a restless sleep I tend to get when the ‘lil stays over…worrywort mode as the Mr dubs it lol.

Nice cuppa coffee and a leftover dinner roll from Sunday. I sent leftovers from the meal home with GD yesterday. DS texted me a pic of plate he made, saying they were even better tasting lol.

I was using this to earn flight miles.
Surprised they accepted the cards since normally a 3% fee associated with that to process the pmt.
I`ve never tried smoked mozzarella, not sure I`ve even seen it anywhere.
Of all places, they sell it at Sams club and WM in a 5# bag. Aside from the unique flavor of it, a rather unique cut, almost curd sized and doesn’t disappear in casseroles. If they quit selling it will need to drive to the commercial food service store & grab it. Their version is a blend of provolone & mozzarella. Will do the trick, just a road trip.
Thanks......he did fabulously! Oh lord yes, when you see me after our ten miles if we`re pushing it, I look like I need oxygen!
Lol for bonus points, I tend to look as tho I fell in a swimming pool.
That is adorable
I guess planning meals is starting to sink in, thanks to Carole for all her delicious sounding food.
She does set the bar, high :). I jest in that there is absolutely no competition in my book. I just love food…eating, cooking & sharing it. Enjoy reading what others enjoy and love to hear hints etc.
Seeing someone who has been so sick really helps you feel better
Oh, that is so true! Wonderful to hear he’s on the mend. He will get there!
I really loved having those big dinners, but now my daughter and daughterinlaw have taken over the big family meals. Now I fix a lot of desserts and then call the family over. They love the pies and cakes and cookies
Don’t sell yourself short. Desserts often seem to be the bane of any large dinner I make. Always a bit of an after thought as the family focuses on the mains. Love the idea of a family pot luck of sorts, it’s all about the sharing that is important
The bar or the wine? :). Enjoy your trip!
Nippy, almost feeling like winter coming, not spring today. At freezing as I saw when I got out the door. Sigh.
Nothing like snow on the first day of spring to remind me God has a very good sense of humor.
IMG_4821.jpeg

:wave2: Back home in Santa Land! It was second spring the last couple of days - which was nice to adjust to the cooler temperatures again. We have snow forecasted again later this week :sad: with another week of cooler temperatures, then back up to warmer temps again.

We had a great vacation! Besides the food being not great at this particular resort - everything else was great. They poured heavy drinks - which was great...and had no problem pouring our drinks into our travel mugs we brought along. I don't trust how clean the poolside bar cups are after watching them " clean" them the last time we visited Mexico. This just seemed safer. No stomach issues unlike last time we were there - so that is a positive. But all in all - we had a fabulous time. Gd loved the pool and was a little fish by the last few days with her little floaties on.

Now it's back to the regular life of eat, sleep, work lol

That is soooo cool! That was an amazing view you had!
But back to routine I am. Laundry almost done, and seems the men did well while we were gone. Now to restock the kitchen cupboard,
The same with us. I had yesterday off to do laundry, stock up the fridge and cabinets again. My menu for the week is figured out...Life is good!
I'm sure you wouldn't want it any other way - as much as you might have wanted a little notice though ;)

I see so much on social media on how some people create boundaries and separate from their families. I understand the " why" of it...but as a Momma - it would break my heart to not be able to talk to or spend time with my kids.
But, looking forward to seeing family this week!!! Trying to squeeze in a couple of friends too while we`re up, but not sure we`ll have the time.
Have a fantastic trip to see your family!!! I know you'll give your Mom some extra hugs when you see her.
Sooo sweet!!!! If I wasn't so deathly allergic to cats - I could see if having one at this time in our lives. I never used to like them - because of my allergies - but they sure are cute little guys!

Well, I should sort out more of the piles of papers on my desk. After being gone for 10 days - there are a few piles to sort and shuffle away.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter