Something About Nothing............ #14

Another super slow day at work. I might be taking a small part time job with another therapist. One of the therapists that I work for has a therapist friend who is behind on her billing and needs help catching up. I’m going to talk to her about it on Friday. It won’t be a lot of money, but what I make will be added to the travel fund.

Sounds a good idea Charade, hope you enjoy if you do go to work for the other therapist.

Hi Carole:

It sounds like your plants are starting to flower now and trees are budding. It's good to hear of these Spring signs! Our bushes are starting to bud, which is a bad thing because we have freezing weather coming this weekend:sad1:. I hope they make it through it. But Spring is around the corner and we can't wait! Our winters are soo loong here....

Your chicken dish sounds yummy. I am having our pork chop bake over rice. It is like a sweet and sour type of dish but with apple juice. We love it. I have started cooking again since my back is getting better. I had PandJ sandwiches 2 nights in a row, and Roger had left overs. So it's time to fix real meals again!

Love your memes, LOL.

ruth

Hey Ruth!!

Yes, things are suddenly blooming everywhere, you`re right, it is a sign spring is trying to get through. I hope the herbs grow well again this year, one of the few things I actually plant myself, chives being my favourite along with Rosemary, can`t get enough of those in our cooking.

Your winters are indeed long!! I do hope you don`t get the cold weather predicted for the weekend. Keep that Yeti warm and cosy!!!

We love sweet and sour, usually chicken and usually a spicy version for us, I`ve never used apple juice though, usually pineapple juice, always gorgeous though. And glad to hear you`re getting better, yes, real meals are so much better!

Mild and windy day today, ended up spending the afternoon at one of our friend`s home, we went there for lunch with them in the end, had some nice sandwiches and a salad then chatted the afternoon away. I had a very large german Shepherd sitting on my feet all day, he loves sitting like that with folks he knows. I`m glad he likes us as he is a trained guard dog for them too, but knows when he`s not "working".

Lazy evening too, took the spicy thighs and popped them in some wraps with coleslaw, just enough for dinner after a decent lunch, but I think another early night for us tonight. I think once the lighter nights really come in we won`t be as tired. It is getting there, it`s light before 6am now and still light at 6pm.....just.

Yawning our heads off already!!

Crikey, when did I last sleep for 10 hours?????

Went to bed around 10ish last night and woke just before 8.....it must be years since I last slept that long. Poor Tom said he was awake from around 7 but didn`t want to move my arm in case he disturbed me too much.....awww!! Best late sleep I`ve had in years!

He showered first and I came down to poached egg with avocado on toast, he does poached eggs so well, finished with a huge pot of tea, set us up for the day.

Not that we have much going on, some shopping between butchers, farm store for veg and regular grocery store for what we need today. Hoping the butcher has some of their pork and leek sausages as that`s what we plan for dinner tonight with mash and veg.

Looks to be a decent day, might manage a walk this afternoon if it stays this nice.

Thirsty Thursday ahead......🍹

1710407162715.jpeg

cv6-S.jpg

1710406949866.jpeg

Happy Thursday 😁

1710425202685.jpeg

Yep, can`t forget today`s date.

Just watched the mostly succesful third Starship launch from Texas, always amazing to see.

Had a pork and apple pork pie shared for lunch, very nice and a new line from that butcher, not something I usually like but it was very nice.

Going to do some photo scanning now.....fun!!!!

Think we posted about Pi day at the same time Charade.

We did have pork pie at lunch for Pi day....it`s something I guess!

schumi, it’s always fantastic to be able to have a great long sleep!

Isn`t it just the best to have the luxury of sleeping as late as you want when you want!!!! I`m getting to like this sleeping late and my husband definitely approves 😉 he does love to sleep late whereas I`ve always been the early riser of the two of us.

Still getting through these pictures, I think it`s a lifetime process at this point! I have literally thousands of real pictures and have only touched the surface of them......patience required.

Cup of tea time, couple of hours till dinner, need a snack!

I am trying to gather information for my income tax return and trying to sort through medical expenses is making me loopy. We need to do a better job of keeping this stuff organized. It's not helping that my neighbor's 3 children are outside acting like, well....children. Did we scream this much when we were children? I suppose I could close the windows, but then I would need to turn on the a/c. I think I will just put this away until tonight when they are sleeping.

I am trying to think about what to do for dinner. It's just B and me tonight. We might do pizza since it is pi day. Then again, she might ask for Chinese food.

Well, now that I have put away my tax stuff the kids have gone inside. I think I'm going to go watch TV anyway and deal with taxes later.

Schumi - I think any kind of pie is acceptable. If I had thought of it earlier, I could have got to the tea room and had cottage pie. I have a couple of slices of chocolate pie for dessert tonight.

Lynne - Nice picture of the hippos. I have heard that if you go on the safari on a drizzly day or just after a rain you will see more animals out and about. I am going to test that theory if we have a rainy day when I am there next year.

I am trying to gather information for my income tax return and trying to sort through medical expenses is making me loopy. We need to do a better job of keeping this stuff organized. It's not helping that my neighbor's 3 children are outside acting like, well....children. Did we scream this much when we were children? I suppose I could close the windows, but then I would need to turn on the a/c. I think I will just put this away until tonight when they are sleeping.

I am trying to think about what to do for dinner. It's just B and me tonight. We might do pizza since it is pi day. Then again, she might ask for Chinese food.

Well, now that I have put away my tax stuff the kids have gone inside. I think I'm going to go watch TV anyway and deal with taxes later.

Schumi - I think any kind of pie is acceptable. If I had thought of it earlier, I could have got to the tea room and had cottage pie. I have a couple of slices of chocolate pie for dessert tonight.

Lynne - Nice picture of the hippos. I have heard that if you go on the safari on a drizzly day or just after a rain you will see more animals out and about. I am going to test that theory if we have a rainy day when I am there next year.

Pizza works for pie, absolutely!

Another kind of early night, 10.30 is early I think for most folks. Had another fabulous sleep though, woke up to the wind getting up again, wind and rain has been been much of our year so far.

We have our yearly boiler/central heating system service today, nothing wrong with it but worth paying to get it checked once a year, doesn`t take too long but means we need to wait in, he should send a tx before 8am to give us a 2 hour window.

Lamb shanks for dinner tonight, will pop them in the slow cooker around 9am with some red wine, garlic, cranberry sauce and lots of rosemary, they`ll simmer away all day on low and will fall off the bone tonight, creamy mash and some kind of veg will accompany that. Lunch will be spicy chicken in a wrap with some coleslaw, but breakfast first, might just have some toast this morning although will probably do a poached egg as we picked up a fresh tray of eggs yesterday and tea of course!!

So, a kind of day where we won`t be doing much, some housework, laundry and might bake up some shortbread for our pots of tea throughout the day and probably a quite weekend although we are driving up to watch Kyle run the 20 mile race on Sunday, weather actually looks good for that, hope he does ok as he`s had a cold this week, typical. I don`t think I could run 20 feet never mind 20 miles!!

Hope everyone who has been feeling poorly is better and hope Pumpkin is enjoying that sunshine and family time!!!

1710488512377.jpeg

cv100-S.png

cv9-S.jpg

Happy Friday and weekend 🥂

I was going to say good morning, but it’s a few minutes past noon here. I woke up around 6:30, fed the cat and went back to sleep. Woke up again around 9:00, went back to sleep and then woke again around 11:30. I guess I really needed some sleep.

We ended up going for Chinese food last night instead of pizza. B had 3 messages in her fortune cookie.
Tomorrow we are going to a baseball game. I got a text message from the university offering club room seats. I texted dh, but he hasn’t answered, so I made an executive decision and purchased tickets for tomorrow’s game. (Options were today, tomorrow, Sunday, or Tuesday). This will be my first baseball game at the university.

Lynne - Love the picture of the Lion. Big cats are some of my favorite animals. How much longer are you in FL?

Sniff sniff, we leave late tomorrow night. But already plotting and scheming to return before and after our longer September stay, which is already paid for.

Got hot, 87 and humidity kicked in today. Crowds are still here. Was going to swim, but decided was best to drive into those massive garages. Our first time at Dockside has been great. Short drive to garages, and about 20 minutes drive to the mouse.

From our parade viewing Wednesday night. With the crowds, will be in the AP area tonight.

IMG_3252.jpeg

I was going to say good morning, but it’s a few minutes past noon here. I woke up around 6:30, fed the cat and went back to sleep. Woke up again around 9:00, went back to sleep and then woke again around 11:30. I guess I really needed some sleep.

We ended up going for Chinese food last night instead of pizza. B had 3 messages in her fortune cookie.
Tomorrow we are going to a baseball game. I got a text message from the university offering club room seats. I texted dh, but he hasn’t answered, so I made an executive decision and purchased tickets for tomorrow’s game. (Options were today, tomorrow, Sunday, or Tuesday). This will be my first baseball game at the university.

Lynne - Love the picture of the Lion. Big cats are some of my favorite animals. How much longer are you in FL?

Yes, our bodies let us know what we need and sleep is usually top of that list.

I think Chinese is my favourite type of take out or restaurant, although if we eat out we usually prefer a country pub that does all home cooked food, but Chinese top of the list for take out along with Indian and Thai......we do like spicy!!

Gas Engineer finally arrived mid afternoon, boiler and heating system all set for another year before the next check up.

So, our day was made up of not very much, but managed to get lots of little jobs done and some baking, shortbread and victoria sponge for the farm, Tom took it over to them along with a lasgne that will do them 2 nights.

Lamb was gorgeous, absolutely splendid dish, full of the most amazing flavour and very filling. Enjoyed a nice gin with lemonade tonight, Tom had a beer, nice movie too.

But, bed time for us....almost!

1710543783135.jpeg

Been tv surfing and still trying to find something on tv that is not a repeat.

Many shows are on but none to my liking right now at present time frame.
We just have the basic channels with Spectrum

Most likely will catch the local news a bit later.

Baked a hen for dinner this evening and with the leftovers, what was left, was made into chicken salad for tomorrow.

I do like to cook a couple times each week.
I have aways found it was easier to cook for a family than for just the two of us.
Mr Mac has digestion issues and can’t eat many things he used to be able to handle.
He follows more of a bland diet.

My sons were never picky eaters and would eat anything I made.
Of course when they come to visit, they request take out for southern style meals.

I used to bake a lot as Mr Mac always enjoyed desserts each evening.
Have found the dessert sold at Publix are really quite good!
I hit that store weekly as most of their desserts taste homemade .

Well, that’s a wrap for our last night here. Though already saw our flight home late tomorrow night is delayed 1/2 hour. Hence after midnight arrival again. Oh well. We are checked in, and still have to return the car at 7 pm.

Spent the day at Universal, and saw the parade again, this time from start, in the AP area, with a commercial being shot right next to us. Hot Set may see my arm in it, lol.

IMG_3350.jpeg
One of my favorite floats, as blew smoke out of his mouth.

IMG_3353.jpeg
Sign taken on our walk out.

IMG_3354.jpeg
And they had lots of projections on the grounds.

We had a great time, with walking on the minion shooting twice, after a delay was announced, then also walking on a last ride at MIB after the parade ended where we watched. Had a good lunch at Bread Box, then started at IOA, rode Spidy with a 25 minute standby, 20 minute Toon train, shopped and chilled for some time at the Starbucks in POE. Decided would work out way back to the train, with a 35 minute wait.

Now back at hotel, after inhaling a four huge chicken fingers with fries kid’s meal, and little one, a huge serving of Alfredo pasta, with a nice looking roll from the quick service at hotel. And the place was very crowded, even at 9 pm at night. We drank the last of our sodas in our room. We will check out, by 11 am tomorrow, then enjoy some more mouse and maybe universal time tomorrow.

Hope all have a good night’s sleep. 💤

Been tv surfing and still trying to find something on tv that is not a repeat.

Many shows are on but none to my liking right now at present time frame.
We just have the basic channels with Spectrum

Most likely will catch the local news a bit later.

Baked a hen for dinner this evening and with the leftovers, what was left, was made into chicken salad for tomorrow.

I do like to cook a couple times each week.
I have aways found it was easier to cook for a family than for just the two of us.
Mr Mac has digestion issues and can’t eat many things he used to be able to handle.
He follows more of a bland diet.

Of course when they come to visit, they request take out for southern style meals.

I used to bake a lot as Mr Mac always enjoyed desserts each evening.
Have found the dessert sold at Publix are really quite good!
I hit that store weekly as most of their desserts taste homemade .

Love a fresh chicken cooking, I use the bones for stock usually chicken noodle soup and yes family cooking is fun! We never gave Kyle typical kiddie food like chicken tenders or dinosaur shaped crap claiming to be chicken, he was never fussy either, couldn`t be doing with that at all.....he was a fairly simple eater though, nothing spicy or tomato based....not fussy there at all.

Baking is fun too! We loved Publix Dutch Apple Pie when we tried it, for store bought it was very good.

I think we have 80,000 channels or so it seems, however, we don`t watch a huge amount of tv but when we do, there are times there is nothing on whatsoever! Repeat after repeat, but sometimes they`re better than what`s new!!

Gorgeous day today, sun is blistering and feels very spring like, slight chill but no wind and a little frosty, absolutely stunning morning. But, we didn`t get up till around 8.30 which is just splendid on a Saturday morning.

There was a txt from one of our butchers to say our order is ready and they can`t deliver today, so we`ll go pick it up this morning, they do the nicest smoked dry cure bacon ever with their own smoker. We used the last of the last order this morning for breakfast, gorgeous. Tom did us poached eggs too and I toasted croissants for a change, lovely breakfast.

Doubt we`ll need lunch, but doing charcuterie for dinner, going to pick up some bits and pieces then bake some bread this afternoon to go with it. And a nice bottle of wine too.

Quick last cuppa tea before we head out........broke a saucer this morning, so I hope I can replace it as it`s part of a really nice teaset, will Google later.

Nothing like a Saturday morning........ 😁

i-XjbSVJC-S.jpg

cv99-S.jpg

cv19-S.jpg

Have a lovely Saturday 🍹

hey all, been MIA as my phone started to act up to point it would just repeatedly shut off on me. Turns out both the Mr & my battery approaching that 60-something point where they won’t get a good trade in, off to negotiated with ATT we went. Laughable offer there, went up the food chain to Apple. Unfortunately, a real road trip to that location. Double the trade, newest phone :). All we need to do is learn how to work on the camera. It’s nearly as good as a couple of the mr’s DSLR cameras.

To warm up for breakfast tomorrow…
IMG_4815.jpeg

Ouch!!! That is a sore finger fest! I`ll bet the outfits are gorgeous though.
I can’t take credit for the embellishments, just the alterations to make them fit properly. DiL doesn’t sew but she bedazzles with the bet of them! I love the Kevin costume from Up she fashioned. Well, I did make Stitch’s Elvis cape :). Will bore you all with pics on race days.
Keisha, how did your dermatologist appointment go today?
I’m full of holes lol, necessary evil for my days of slathering on baby oil & broiling
I am having our pork chop bake over rice. It is like a sweet and sour type of dish but with apple juice. We love it. I have started cooking again since my back is getting better.
Glad to hear you are doing better. That dish sounds very good.
Yep, can`t forget today`s date.
I make sure to honor it each year with one of the pie specials the local grocery bakeries offer.
Isn`t it just the best to have the luxury of sleeping as late as you want when you want!!!!
Sadly, I’ve never mastered that skill
But already plotting and scheming
Oh, you mean planning? Lol I’m sure it will be a great trip
I think Chinese is my favourite type of take out or restaurant
They’ve fallen out of favor with me. It’s the chicken…all using some sort of flat, white square product that I’d bet is anything but real chicken. It’s akin to pressed sort of thing texture, like a chicken nugget or fish stick. I just pick vegetables out of the mr’s whatever, add an egg roll & upgrade his uneaten white rice to fried and call it a day.
Lol my family is insulted when I don’t cook a meal. For me it’s a treat to get takeout. They mostly live on it and want home-cooked. Holiday meals always a disjointed sort of buffet by necessity as they all have “favorites” that must be on the table.
Now back at hotel, after inhaling a four huge chicken fingers with fries kid’s meal, and little one, a huge serving of Alfredo pasta, with a nice looking roll from the quick service at hotel.
That sounds like a disney food court. I’m confused, did you do a split stay between WDW & U?
Have had great weather and managed the crowds as best we could.

Great attitude, so many see the throngs in the park and moan & groan instead of making the best of the situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter