Something About Nothing............ #14

Hey all, figured might as well stop by as running out of things to do to avoid putting laundry away before going for walk on track with the mr. ;)

Can’t keep a good woman down

Dinner is a mystery, 🎣 or maybe 🍤 had (cheese) 🍕 the other day. Getting deep enough into lent that I’m running fresh out of ideas, especially when it comes to mr picky pants

Sun peeking thru here, more precipitation heading our way…supposed to snow sunday. Seriously?😖 My snow flower weaping cherry tree has had it’s illusive just open buds drop off from a cold snap within days the last how many years. It’s partially sheltered by my house and is zone hardy. Finger’s crossed it doesn’t completely bloom or drop them all together.

Not a bad way to pass some time janet, hope you enjoyed your walk yesterday!

Yep, many have tried, all have failed!!! I always feel so lucky to have such good friends, wouldn`t be without them all.

mr picky pants :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Now you do know that will stick.....lol......

I took up being extra naughty and less tolerant of certain people for Lent.....yes, I`ve always been contrary.....I`d never have made a good Catholic!!

I`m sure whatever you did for dinner will be lovely.

Freezing cold and blowing a hoolie here again!!! Honestly, we`ve all had enough now.

Had a nice few hours in school reading yesterday, then we popped into the village together and as I posted in my earlier post......we got extra GOODIES for the weekend!!!! Seems a popular option :rolleyes1

Another early night last night, up early again, would rather sleep late, no first prize for getting up early here, I actually prefer snuggling with my husband personally rather than getting up "first":confused3 but we have an early appointment so we`ll head out before 8.30, won`t take long to get there and then most of the day will be a lazyone I think.

And going out tonight with some friends and all the adult kids.....rather than go out on Mother`s Day itself tomorrow , some of us decided it would be nice to go tonight instead.

Mother`s Day everywhere is mobbed and sometimes places only offer a set menu that`s not for everyone, so dinner on Saturday instead. I think there`s 20 of us all in. Each others kids are like our own, two of them I taught to cook as their mother`s were either busy or not as kitchen focussed as they should be lol.....but it helps if you enjoy cooking to be able to pass it on. Kyle picked up cooking easily from a very young age and it was somewhat harder teaching two 15 year olds at the time when they both decided they wanted to start cooking properly, they had both never even cooked a sauce from a roux, that was fun to teach!!!!

I also do need to try and finish off the TR soon, it`s been too long now, don`t like to drag them out for this length of time!!

Poached egg on toast with a slice or two of bacon this morning, very early pot of tea for me and looking at the weather it will be a tea filled day ahead! Early glass of wine too as I get ready for our night out....hair and make is always nice to do!

Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend!!!

1709967022271.png

cv30-S.jpg

cv64-S.jpg

Ah, nothing like DH saying are you awake at 5 am this morning. Um, I am now. No matter. Enjoy us time, and a long hot shower.

Hehe, breakfast was some of that cheesecake. That and some tea.

Little one is up. We had bought a new suitcase for her. The one I bought for her when she was around age 10 or 12, had its zipper break the last time we travelled. Have never, ever seen to buy since, but it was so different, was easy to spot in that conga suitcase line. Her new one is black. Which is the color I had until my current one. My current one is purple, bought when I couldn’t find a black one like I had, that got ripped after also having it for a decade or or more. Liked it so much, as used on quite a few international, and lots of domestic flights. But this purple one is close to others I have seen on that conga line, but I put a bright, dark pink name holder, that hangs on the top of my bag. Never seen one of those on other bags, other than little one’s. So her new bag will have that spot of pink on her new bag.

40 degrees and overcast. Flood watch issued for the afternoon. Sigh. More rain.

Hope all have that most super happy Saturday. English football viewing for me right now.

Good morning homies!
It’s looking good for a Saturday where I am.

I do see quite a few purple cases at the airport but schumi ‘s has not been duplicated.
She does rule that color well.

I stick with boring black but color the handle up so I know which bag is mine.

Trying to decide tonight’s dinner menu.
Will flip a coin to see if it’s the bbq place or chinese.

My kitchen is usually closed on the weekends.

Good Saturday morning everyone :wave2:

IMG_3131.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

Enjoy whatever hot beverage is your favorite.
IMG_3134.gif

Pumpkin your bread looks delicious.

Happy new car!!! Always a nice thing to buy, hope you enjoy driving it!!
Thank you Carole. So far so good.

Robbi-congrats on the new ride, I must’ve missed that announcement! I remember the unfortunate issue with Cadillac one on a drive south. Bigger vehicles better to keep one safe IMO.
Thank you Janet. This is the last year for the particular XT5 model layout. l Liked my other one so well I wanted to get another one. There are a few changes on this new one, but not so many that it’s a problem.

Hey there, it’s Yogi Bear and he’s looking for the pic-i-nic basket. The mama bears have hungry mouths to eat, ala raccoons garbage cans are prime pickings. Most understand you need to secure them if you keep outside.
Wow……that lady is fortunate to have survived that attack.

Believe it or not there are black bears here in Florida. I always wondered how they would survive here with the heat.

When I was driving on SR 70 over to get to the Gulf side I saw signs in particular areas warning of them.

Guess who has covid now….
Was told I should be doing better in a few days.

Just had the booster shot yesterday

Sorry to hear your sick Mac. Hope you feel better soon. Prayers for your speedy recovery.

Off I go to pick up my new butcher block counter top for the kitchen, thanks to Ruth’s advice :worship: found a lovely one @ Lowe’s. Sadly, the bill came in and now I have to pay off the stove while I’m there. Was so strange taking cash out of bank to do so…can’t remember last time I had that much in my hand at once…more than I tend to take on trips. Family joke, I never even have a dollar in my card wallet, quit using cash years ago for daily expenditures.
Congratulations on finding your counter top. Always so nice when Sans family members (Ruth) can help another.

I carry a little cash, Tom never carries any cash except for tips if we eat out, we never put the tip on a card and I`m similar, tips for salon or waxing lady but in general, cash is rare for us.
I always keep cash for tips too. I had a waitress tell me many years ago that it is better for them to get cash tips as they know they will actually get the money. I always put the money in their hands.

She said she had problems over the years with various restaurant owners not giving the waitresses the correct tips they earned and the bus people would take them also.

I went over to the Gulf side to visit my aunt and cousins on Wednesday. There is no direct interstate route from were I live here so had to take a number of State Roads to get there. I was able to see a part of Flordia in the middle that was interesting.

We have Citrus Groves around here, but not as many as before. There are a lot of Citrus Groves in the center of the State. Also some big sod and palm tree farms.

It was about a 3 hour drive over to Cape Coral form my house. Thank goodness for navigation systems on vehicles, My sister was traveling from Harmony and had her grandson and his friend along so they met me at the resort we stayed at.

The rooms were not ready and they got my sisters room wrong. So she and her crew were on the opposite side of the Resort from me. I had a pool side view that had a massive Tiki bar and they had a rock bank playing that night until 10:30 pm. The band was good.

We had a wonderful visit with my aunt and cousins, We had lunch at a place called the Lobster Lady in Cape Coral. It was a delicious seafood restaurant. If you are in Cape Coral give it a try.

We all ordered a bunch of appetizers and passed them around for everyone to try different things. Everything was good. They had a Lobster Grilled Cheese on the menu that a my sister had and it was packed with Lobster. My sister said it was delicious.

I tried Gator bites for the first time. It is a bit chewy. I have tried it once don’t think I will have it again.

I talked my great-nephew out of ordering the conch burger. Even though this was an upscale Seafood restaurant I don’t trust Conch unless I see them pulling them off the boat and scrapping the meat out of the shell myself. Conch goes bad easily if it is not handled properly. It can give you a good case of food poisoning you will never forget,

We are close to the gulf here and the seafood could not be fresher, still I’am wary of conch.

I had a wonderful seafood salad that had mixed greens and fresh veggies surrounded by crab, mussels, shrimp, scallops and lobster, It had a wonderful tasty dressing on the side. I would get this again if I’am back this way.

It was so nice to see everyone again. My aunt is 91 and she looks great and is so fun to talk to. She had a great sense of humor and gets around really well.

My sister and I decided to drive over the causeway and head over to Fort Myer’s. They are still recovering from the Direct Hurricaine hit there. It is a nice view as you come over the bridge seeing the Gulf.
IMG_9241.jpeg

We had a nice walk around and watched the sun go down in the evening.

I saw this boat and thought it would be right up my alley. I just need to get an eye patch and a headband and my sword “Tie that scurvy dog to the yardarm”. Of course if Captain Jack is on board count me in.

IMG_9246.jpeg

IMG_9286.jpeg

Nice view of the sun going down.
IMG_9259.jpeg

There were a lot of people enjoying the beach. We stopped into a store and I saw this sign.
IMG_9251.jpeg

Yesterday morning we stopped for breakfast at the Metro Diner in Cape Coral. The food was delicious and the waitress Jazmine was wonderful.

Here is a photo of my nephews breakfast burger. I had never seen one of these before. He said it was so good. It was massive.

It had angus beef, hash browns, hollandaise sauce, bacon, cheese, eggs cooked per your choice he chose scrambled, tomato and lettuce.
IMG_9282.jpeg

I looked it up and there are a number of Metro Diners around florida.

Just a lazy day today. Going to head down for some pool time today. Reading a new book. So need to get back on track with that.

It is suppose to be 86 today and the sun is shining.

Have a wonderful saturday everyone.

Now i want a burger, drool. It’s raining, steady enough I’m looking for a break to run up to Micheals for sewing necessities for garments I’m altering for the ‘lil and somehow the bread monster came along and ate two loaves here in as many days & I’m down to half a loaf. :confused3

Hope Pumpkin is having a most fantastic trip. And very warm weather.
I didn’t see the drive by, bye. Bestest trip ever for Pumpkin, don’t drink the water or use ice lol
And going out tonight with some friends and all the adult kids.....rather than go out on Mother`s Day itself tomorrow , some of us decided it would be nice to go tonight instead.
110%. Sounds like fun, enjoy the glam and the company
Kyle picked up cooking easily from a very young age
One of my DS took to it, was in the pillsbury competition for kids when in 7th grade, inaugural year. Did well locally.

the other DS took to take out when they left the nest. Although youngest can make a holiday meal for 50 people (ham, Turkey & some sides) & use airfryer with the best of them. Just doesn’t like cooking, more of an ends to a means. I love the whole process, creative outlet of sorts

I do see quite a few purple cases at the airport but schumi ‘s has not been duplicated.
So true, all hail the queen. I use luggage covers, brightly patterned. Currently rocking a sloth in space, one in a tree & flamingo on the three large checked bags. Have been able to use the same Travelpro ones now for over 5 years, still look brand new :)
Whatever works to keep the staff happy
This is the last year for the particular XT5 model layout.
Looks like my ship has sailed, do love their vehicles. Enjoy
Believe it or not there are black bears here in Florida. I always wondered how they would survive here with the heat.
I was shocked to see they are plentiful right across the causeway from Port Canaveral.
I always keep cash for tips too. I had a waitress tell me many years ago that it is better for them to get cash tips as they know they will actually get the money. I always put the money in their hands.
Oh, we always do cash for tips…that’s the mr’s job to bring it along. We. Both have worked in service industry, any advantage to them via cash the better IMO as so underpaid
I was able to see a part of Flordia in the middle that was interesting.
Any gator sightings other than the bites?
We had lunch at a place called the Lobster Lady in Cape Coral.
I’ve never heard of that town
tried Gator bites for the first time. It is a bit chewy. I have tried it once don’t think I will have it again.
Tastes like chicken, so does snake, I’m told…won’t touch either lol. Congrats on crossing off a bucket list item tho lol

Now i want a burger, drool. It’s raining, steady enough I’m looking for a break to run up to Micheals for sewing necessities for garments I’m altering for the ‘lil and somehow the bread monster came along and ate two loaves here in as many days & I’m down to half a loaf. :confused3

I didn’t see the drive by, bye. Bestest trip ever for Pumpkin, don’t drink the water or use ice lol

One of my DS took to it, was in the pillsbury competition for kids when in 7th grade, inaugural year. Did well locally.

the other DS took to take out when they left the nest. Although youngest can make a holiday meal for 50 people (ham, Turkey & some sides) & use airfryer with the best of them. Just doesn’t like cooking, more of an ends to a means. I love the whole process, creative outlet of sorts

So true, all hail the queen. I use luggage covers, brightly patterned. Currently rocking a sloth in space, one in a tree & flamingo on the three large checked bags. Have been able to use the same Travelpro ones now for over 5 years, still look brand new :)

I was shocked to see they are plentiful right across the causeway from Port Canaveral.

Oh, we always do cash for tips…that’s the mr’s job to bring it along. We. Both have worked in service industry, any advantage to them via cash the better IMO as so underpaid

Tastes like chicken, so does snake, I’m told…won’t touch either lol. Congrats on crossing off a bucket list item tho lol
Hi Keisha:

I had never heard of Cape Coral before either, until I got to know a distant cousin who lives there. It is just South of Fort Meyers and I hear it is absolutely beautiful. I haven't visited her yet, but it's on my list.

I always leave cash tips too. If we put it on the bill then taxes apply too. Cash is just better IMO.

My son does most of the cooking for his family. His wife works long hours and sometimes on weekends, so it is out of necessity. He doesn't mind it, but says he sometimes gets stuck in a rut with recipes. I do too. I seem to make the same dishes over and over. My daughter can cook too, but she had the good fortune of marrying a man who loves to cook, and doesn't shy away from gourmet! My husband can't boil water, but that's fine with me:)

It's another cold day here, 30's with north wind! But Spring is around the corner with 50's next week Yea!!!

Hope all goes well with the butcher block:)

ruth

I started this post over an hour ago but had to take a break for brunch. It’s supposed to rain all day, so I have decided that I am not leaving the house today. Brunch today was waffles and bacon.

Guess who has covid now….
Was told I should be doing better in a few days.

Just had the booster shot yesterday
So sorry to hear that. Hope it is mild and you recover quickly.

Definitely found my new stylist, I`m so glad I changed as I realised I had become too complacent with my hair....time for a change.
Glad you are happy with the new person. I keep saying that I am going to change my hair but haven’t been brave enough yet.

Off I go to pick up my new butcher block counter top for the kitchen, thanks to Ruth’s advice :worship: found a lovely one @ Lowe’s. Sadly, the bill came in and now I have to pay off the stove while I’m there. Was so strange taking cash out of bank to do so…can’t remember last time I had that much in my hand at once…more than I tend to take on trips. Family joke, I never even have a dollar in my card wallet, quit using cash years ago for daily expenditures.
Just curious- why cash? I almost never have cash on me. We have been putting anything we can on one of 2 credit cards and then paying off the card. One card gives us cash back and the other flight miles.

Sadly, Keisha, shootings are an every day occurrence in our local news. Teens involved in the last two days.
It seems to be getting worse everywhere. Our neighboring city seems to have had an increase in domestic violence shootings.

Charade: I hope work has picked up for you. I always liked to keep busy at work - the day went quicker when I was busy. As far as bears? We have them every year when they get out of hibernation.
This past week was really slow. I shouldn’t complain too much though. Busy days usually mean I’m fighting with insurance companies.

Flower show pictures:
Very nice!

Little one is up. We had bought a new suitcase for her. The one I bought for her when she was around age 10 or 12, had its zipper break the last time we travelled. Have never, ever seen to buy since, but it was so different, was easy to spot in that conga suitcase line. Her new one is black. Which is the color I had until my current one. My current one is purple,
My luggage is so easy to spot. I have a rather obnoxious paisley pattern. I have yet to see another set like it.

I went over to the Gulf side to visit my aunt and cousins on Wednesday. There is no direct interstate route from were I live here so had to take a number of State Roads to get there. I was able to see a part of Flordia in the middle that was interesting.
I took that drive from Miami a few times but I think we had a highway. It was so long ago.

Here is a photo of my nephews breakfast burger. I had never seen one of these before. He said it was so good. It was massive.
Wow! That’s impressive.

Today is going to be a boring day of housecleaning. This past Thursday night I joined a local crafting group. We are going to try to meet twice a month. We had 6 people the first night. We had 2 doing cross stitch, 1 doing crochet, 1 doing diamond painting, I doing regular painting, and one planning her next project. I am currently working on a Spiderman picture for B.

Now I must go put dinner in the crockpot.

We are now officially less than one year away from our Disney vacation (364 days).

View attachment 840370

View attachment 840371

View attachment 840373

Thank you Janet. This is the last year for the particular XT5 model layout. l Liked my other one so well I wanted to get another one. There are a few changes on this new one, but not so many that it’s a problem.

When I was driving on SR 70 over to get to the Gulf side I saw signs in particular areas warning of them.

Sorry to hear your sick Mac. Hope you feel better soon. Prayers for your speedy recovery.

Congratulations on finding your counter top. Always so nice when Sans family members (Ruth) can help another.

She said she had problems over the years with various restaurant owners not giving the waitresses the correct tips they earned and the bus people would take them also.

We have Citrus Groves around here, but not as many as before. There are a lot of Citrus Groves in the center of the State. Also some big sod and palm tree farms.

It was about a 3 hour drive over to Cape Coral form my house. Thank goodness for navigation systems on vehicles, My sister was traveling from Harmony and had her grandson and his friend along so they met me at the resort we stayed at.

The rooms were not ready and they got my sisters room wrong. So she and her crew were on the opposite side of the Resort from me. I had a pool side view that had a massive Tiki bar and they had a rock bank playing that night until 10:30 pm. The band was good.

We had a wonderful visit with my aunt and cousins, We had lunch at a place called the Lobster Lady in Cape Coral. It was a delicious seafood restaurant. If you are in Cape Coral give it a try.

We all ordered a bunch of appetizers and passed them around for everyone to try different things. Everything was good. They had a Lobster Grilled Cheese on the menu that a my sister had and it was packed with Lobster. My sister said it was delicious.

I tried Gator bites for the first time. It is a bit chewy. I have tried it once don’t think I will have it again.

I talked my great-nephew out of ordering the conch burger. Even though this was an upscale Seafood restaurant I don’t trust Conch unless I see them pulling them off the boat and scrapping the meat out of the shell myself. Conch goes bad easily if it is not handled properly. It can give you a good case of food poisoning you will never forget,

We are close to the gulf here and the seafood could not be fresher, still I’am wary of conch.

I had a wonderful seafood salad that had mixed greens and fresh veggies surrounded by crab, mussels, shrimp, scallops and lobster, It had a wonderful tasty dressing on the side. I would get this again if I’am back this way.

It was so nice to see everyone again. My aunt is 91 and she looks great and is so fun to talk to. She had a great sense of humor and gets around really well.

My sister and I decided to drive over the causeway and head over to Fort Myer’s. They are still recovering from the Direct Hurricaine hit there. It is a nice view as you come over the bridge seeing the Gulf.
View attachment 840374

I saw this boat and thought it would be right up my alley. I just need to get an eye patch and a headband and my sword “Tie that scurvy dog to the yardarm”. Of course if Captain Jack is on board count me in.

View attachment 840375

View attachment 840386

View attachment 840378

There were a lot of people enjoying the beach. We stopped into a store and I saw this sign.
View attachment 840376

Yesterday morning we stopped for breakfast at the Metro Diner in Cape Coral. The food was delicious and the waitress Jazmine was wonderful.

It had angus beef, hash browns, hollandaise sauce, bacon, cheese, eggs cooked per your choice he chose scrambled, tomato and lettuce.
View attachment 840377

Just a lazy day today. Going to head down for some pool time today. Reading a new book. So need to get back on track with that.

Wow, Robo, that burger is Huge. How can anyone eat that much? Your nephew must be a teenager, LOL. They can eat anything.

View attachment 840370

View attachment 840371

View attachment 840373

View attachment 840374

View attachment 840375

View attachment 840386

View attachment 840378

View attachment 840376

View attachment 840377

I started to reply to this, but it "magically" disappeared? That burger is huge. Is your cousin a teenager? It seems they can eat like that and still be hungry?

My cousin lives in Cape Coral, and it seems like a very beautiful place to live. I hope to visit her one day. I need some warmth and tropical vibes:) Loved the skinny dipping sign:)

Sounds like you are definitely enjoying Florida:)

ruth

I started this post over an hour ago but had to take a break for brunch. It’s supposed to rain all day, so I have decided that I am not leaving the house today. Brunch today was waffles and bacon.

Glad you are happy with the new person. I keep saying that I am going to change my hair but haven’t been brave enough yet.

Just curious- why cash? I almost never have cash on me. We have been putting anything we can on one of 2 credit cards and then paying off the card. One card gives us cash back and the other flight miles.

It seems to be getting worse everywhere. Our neighboring city seems to have had an increase in domestic violence shootings.

This past week was really slow. I shouldn’t complain too much though. Busy days usually mean I’m fighting with insurance companies.

Very nice!

My luggage is so easy to spot. I have a rather obnoxious paisley pattern. I have yet to see another set like it.

I took that drive from Miami a few times but I think we had a highway. It was so long ago.

Wow! That’s impressive.

Today is going to be a boring day of housecleaning. This past Thursday night I joined a local crafting group. We are going to try to meet twice a month. We had 6 people the first night. We had 2 doing cross stitch, 1 doing crochet, 1 doing diamond painting, I doing regular painting, and one planning her next project. I am currently working on a Spiderman picture for B.

We are now officially less than one year away from our Disney vacation (364 days).
Charade, that crafting group sounds like fun. And it isn't all one craft. Unfortunately, we don't have a group like that around here, but us crafters tend to find each other, LOL.

I have never seen a paisley luggage before. I hate looking for luggage so I tie an obnoxious color piece of fabric on my husband's black suitcase, Mine doesn't need it as it is a huge purple one. Can't miss it.

have a good Sunday,

ruth

Good morning homies!

Mac, I hope you are feeling better?
LOL, I use any excuse not to cook. But we love to eat out at our favorite restaurants too, so it's all good:)

have a good Sunday,

ruth

Not a bad way to pass some time janet, hope you enjoyed your walk yesterday!

Yep, many have tried, all have failed!!! I always feel so lucky to have such good friends, wouldn`t be without them all.

mr picky pants :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Now you do know that will stick.....lol......

I took up being extra naughty and less tolerant of certain people for Lent.....yes, I`ve always been contrary.....I`d never have made a good Catholic!!

I`m sure whatever you did for dinner will be lovely.

Freezing cold and blowing a hoolie here again!!! Honestly, we`ve all had enough now.

Had a nice few hours in school reading yesterday, then we popped into the village together and as I posted in my earlier post......we got extra GOODIES for the weekend!!!! Seems a popular option :rolleyes1

Another early night last night, up early again, would rather sleep late, no first prize for getting up early here, I actually prefer snuggling with my husband personally rather than getting up "first":confused3 but we have an early appointment so we`ll head out before 8.30, won`t take long to get there and then most of the day will be a lazyone I think.

Mother`s Day everywhere is mobbed and sometimes places only offer a set menu that`s not for everyone, so dinner on Saturday instead. I think there`s 20 of us all in. Each others kids are like our own, two of them I taught to cook as their mother`s were either busy or not as kitchen focussed as they should be lol.....but it helps if you enjoy cooking to be able to pass it on. Kyle picked up cooking easily from a very young age and it was somewhat harder teaching two 15 year olds at the time when they both decided they wanted to start cooking properly, they had both never even cooked a sauce from a roux, that was fun to teach!!!!

I also do need to try and finish off the TR soon, it`s been too long now, don`t like to drag them out for this length of time!!

Poached egg on toast with a slice or two of bacon this morning, very early pot of tea for me and looking at the weather it will be a tea filled day ahead! Early glass of wine too as I get ready for our night out....hair and make is always nice to do!

Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend!!!

Hi Carole: OK, I have been wondering what "blowing a hoolie" is, LOL??? I imagine all kinds of things!

Your Mother's Day comes earlier than ours. I think it's May? Sounds like a fun time with friends.

I am taking it easy today. I did one of those dumb things and twisted my back yesterday. Now I'm walking like an old woman bent over and slow! I'm on the heating pad and getting waited on by Roger. So that's good:):)
It was one of those silly things to do. I just bent to pick something up like I always do, and that's all it took.

Oh since we are mentioning luggage, mine is a huge hard sided case in a bright Purple! Purple lovers unite:)

Have a great Sunday,

ruth

Yes, in the US and Canada, we celebrate Mother’s Day in May. This year, it’s May 12th, second Sunday in May. Hopefully very warm weather for this one here.

We got a flood watch warning buzz on my phone. Just a rain filled day. Sigh. Nothing we need. Did a post office run, and the one we go to has about a 14 parking spaces in it. When we got there, all were taken. Gosh everyone needed to be there this morning. Not tax deadline yet.

With a big, second breakfast of oatmeal and bagel sandwiches, I’m not even hungry. May though, be peckish later this afternoon.

Good morning homies!

Glad you have such nice weather mac....can you share some with us....lol....

Thank you mac.....I never knew I was such a trendsetter with folks jumping on so many of my bandwagons all the purpling time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cv83-S.jpg

Nice choice to have mac.....hope you got something gorgeous for dinner and hope you`re feeling better too!!

View attachment 840370

View attachment 840371

View attachment 840373

View attachment 840374

View attachment 840375

View attachment 840386

View attachment 840378

View attachment 840376

View attachment 840377

Yep, there are bear warnings on the roads to St Augustine and somewhere else I forget right now, might have been near Clermont. Scary dudes!

Glad you`ve had some lovely visits and your pictures are lovely. That is a burger and a half, looks good and yes, staff sometimes don`t get the tip if it goes on a card, shame when that happens.

I like the sound of your aunt, it`s a shame when we lose a lot of those older gems of relatives.

Have a great day and yes, love a good book, I bought some new ones a few weeks ago, getting through them, only one so far has been hard to get through.

lol.....bread monster! Hope you got the things you need for the outfit.

Good on your sons!!! Yes, your youngest does an amazing job with Holiday meals for a lot of folks, not many would take that challenge!!

Yes, cooking is an art form at times, the whole process is fun and very relaxing whether it be for just the two of us or a large group of folks ala our Boxing Night buffet or sit down dinner for however many. Some folks idea of cooking is hilarious at times, but teaching our kids is essential.

Couldn`t get purple lizard queen......lol.....I do have a little sign in the kitchen that says "When the Queen is happy in her Kingdom, peace reigns"......lol....so true!!!

cv81-S.jpg

Yep, gator bites, snakes and frogs legs are all off my options, and amazingly all taste like chicken!!

Very nice!

Wow! That’s impressive.

It`s a countdown Charade, doesn`t matter how many days!!

You should give a new style a go, I wish I had changed a long time ago now, it`s too easy to be stale for so long. Maybe try something not so drastic first, if your hair is long, get some taken off but not as much as you should. Maybe your stylist can advise what she thinks re colour and cut. I`ve been swishing this new do around all day lol.....

It`s nice you joined a new group, it`s also a lovely way to meet new friends too with a shared hobby, hope you really enjoy it.

Hi Carole: OK, I have been wondering what "blowing a hoolie" is, LOL??? I imagine all kinds of things!

Your Mother's Day comes earlier than ours. I think it's May? Sounds like a fun time with friends.

I am taking it easy today. I did one of those dumb things and twisted my back yesterday. Now I'm walking like an old woman bent over and slow! I'm on the heating pad and getting waited on by Roger. So that's good:):)
It was one of those silly things to do. I just bent to pick something up like I always do, and that's all it took.

Oh since we are mentioning luggage, mine is a huge hard sided case in a bright Purple! Purple lovers unite:)

Have a great Sunday,

ruth

lol....Blowing a Hoolie is a very Scottish way of saying the wind is howling terribly outside!! No rude connotations at all as some have asked......:rotfl:

Yes, American Mother`s day is in May, we`ve been there twice for that and enjoyed a lovely second Mother`s Day celebration. Ours is early this year as it`s usually around March 16th which is mum`s birthday. Our Father`s Day`s are the same though for some unknown reason.

Oh take it easy Ruth, that sounds painful, plenty of rest and your husband taking care of you, can`t go wrong, yes, it is so easy to do, especially doing simple tasks!

Did you miss the Shower then? What a shame if you did, you`ve been looking forward to it for so long! And tomorrow???

A purple fan too!!!! Nice to have some company!!! Well, mac likes it too, so we have a couple of fans.

Hope you feel much better tonight and you can boogie on down anywhere again!!!

Yep, dinner was lovely, we had such a lovely evening with all the kids too, well, youngest is 22, so not exactly kids, but they`re our kids!

We had booked early as they were all heading to a bar that was doing a Glam Rock night......well.....we all wanted to go too, but we were told we`d show them up!!! Probably true...

Most of us had huge steaks and they were all lovely, kids all had desserts and some of the mum`s too....this was Kyle`s and one of the girl`s had the same...and this is the guy with not an ounce of body fat on him...double everything chocolate on the plate!

i-TSLWg8J-S.jpg

Kyle is apparently doing a 10 mile run in the morning with five running buddies, he`ll run the meal off and we`ll see him later for Mother`s Day itself. Tom is cooking so I do get the day off, I will do breakfast though for the two of us. Told Kyle not to get me anything, a card will be nice enough, or just a hug would do too!!

Found an old horror dvd we haven`t watched for a while, Let`s scare Jessica to death, from memory it`s slow but sinister, will pop it on now and have a late night.

My cousin mentioned the clocks go forward in the US tonight, not for us, we don`t go forward till March 31st, very late this year.

Late afternoon drink of choice as I got ready today, Tom had the Aviation I prefer the other one, very nice though, about to have another for the movie!

i-BcLVSKk-X2.jpg

Plan a late sleep in tomorrow..... Sunday snuggle for us!!! I might do some baking too, but not much else ::yes::

Still up and awake. That rain was loud at times. Very dark and rainy night so far. Hehe, little one blight a hot coffee. Feels cool inside.

Don’t forget to change your clocks tonight.
I am setting two alarm clocks so I am not late for church in the morning.

My cats will be so surprised their food will be in their bowls an hour earlier than normal.

They live for food such as I do…

Don’t forget to change your clocks tonight.
I am setting two alarm clocks so I am not late for church in the morning.

My cats will be so surprised their food will be in their bowls an hour earlier than normal.

They live for food such as I do…

You`re only four hours behind me for a few weeks mac!

As I said in my post last night, late one again for us, went to bed around 2am after watching two scary movies, but still fell asleep faster than lightning. Heard the weather this morning and definitely turned around and snuggled down again, wild and woolly would be the best description.

We never need an alarm so that`s always nice, we wake when we wake which is a gift!!! Somedays we`re very early, some not......but no prizes for that!!!

We don`t need to go out today, Kyle will be here for dinner tonight so I`m making his flourless chocolate cake and some chocolate ice cream for dessert, lemon syllabub for me. Tom and Kyle are cooking, I have to put my feet up and they`ll do it all....apparently!

Will call my mum before she goes to church as she`s spending this afternoon with my sister and family, and have a few other folks we chat to on Sundays, nothing like a good old catch up with family and friends.

Bacon up this morning, I`ve already set the kitchen table for us, as is usual, shower, dress then breakfast, again Tom is cooking this morning, told him I`m not his mother he doesn`t need to, but he will. I won`t ask for pancakes as I do them better than him, so bacon with a poached egg will be just lovely.

Tea of course too, then a really, really lazy day ahead. Might try and scan some more pictures, I promised a friend I`d show her some from Disneyland Paris from all those years ago a month before we got married, they`re all real pictures of course. Everyone thought we were crazy going to Paris for a week a month before the wedding, but it was Tom`s wedding gift to me......and very nice it was too!! So, that might pass a couple of hours today before Kyle appears later.

A very Happy Mother`s Day to all mummies out there in the United Kingdom!!! And all other mummies too of course 😊

i-34bB4W5-S.jpg

cv106-S.jpg

cv22-S.png

That was a long night. But as delayed over 10 hours, 3 am arrival, but yay, soaking wet luggage to deal with, and that muggy weather hit my face as I stepped out after too long of being in the air. Ah, time for some fun this week.

With the time change, I don’t expect to see little one up any time soon. I’m hoping before noon, though that’s doubtful. I may go for a walk to see what’s around. Was tired, and very dark out when arriving, and we both pretty much fell asleep not much after we arrived.

Hope all are having a nice Sunday, and Happy Mother’s Day to Schumi, and all the UK mum homies.

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3138.jpeg

IMG_3141.gif

IMG_2525.gif

Cape Coral is right next to Fort Myer’s. I had never been there. It is pretty populated as is Fort Myers. It is nice. It is right across a water causeway from Fort Myers.

I did not think the gator tasted like anything. That was the problem it was tasteless and chewy. I was glad I only had a very small piece.

So nice to hear you found a crafting group.

Wow, Robo, that burger is Huge. How can anyone eat that much? Your nephew must be a teenager, LOL. They can eat anything.
It was huge. My nephew is 21 so he can run the calories off.

My cousin lives in Cape Coral, and it seems like a very beautiful place to live. I hope to visit her one day. I need some warmth and tropical vibes:) Loved the skinny dipping sign:)
It is definitely a boaters paradise as is Fort Myers. Most of homes have canals that run behind them so they can keep their boats behind their homes. My sister called it the Venice of Florida.

Sorry to hear you are down in your back Ruth. Sounds like you have a good caregiver looking after you. Prayers you feel better soon.

Yep, there are bear warnings on the roads to St Augustine and somewhere else I forget right now, might have been near Clermont. Scary dudes!
Yes, they are. Those black bears get big. We also have bobcats, cougars, crocs, gators, bears, snakes, sharks. A menagerie of scary animals for sure.

Glad you`ve had some lovely visits and your pictures are lovely. That is a burger and a half, looks good and yes, staff sometimes don`t get the tip if it goes on a card, shame when that happens.
It was nice to see our aunt and cousins. It had been to long. That burger was impressive.

I like the sound of your aunt, it`s a shame when we lose a lot of those older gems of relatives.
She is so fun. We had the best time laughing and sharing pictures of our families with her.

Have a great day and yes, love a good book, I bought some new ones a few weeks ago, getting through them, only one so far has been hard to get through.
I have this book I started a few weeks ago and I’am slowly getting through it.

Most of us had huge steaks and they were all lovely, kids all had desserts and some of the mum`s too....this was Kyle`s and one of the girl`s had the same...and this is the guy with not an ounce of body fat on him...double everything chocolate on the plate!
Sounds like a wonderful celebration with good food, friends and family.

Late afternoon drink of choice as I got ready today, Tom had the Aviation I prefer the other one, very nice though, about to have another for the movie!
Nice looking cocktails.

Mac hope you are feeling better today.

Hope Pumpkin is on the beach enjoying the sun and having cocktails.

A very Happy Mother`s Day to all mummies out there in the United Kingdom!!! And all other mummies too of course 😊
Happy Mother’s Day to you, your mom and all the moms across the pond.
IMG_3136.gif

IMG_3137.gif

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Last edited:
Happy Mother’s Dave to Carole!
IMG_3352.jpeg
Couldn’t let this pic go of my new sweet obsession. I swear if it was readily available, I’d have even fewer teeth left in my head
IMG_3354.jpeg

Snowing so hard when i woke up couldn’t see 100 feet up the street. Sun is out now, no accumulation but, in low 30’s. We are grilling tbones for dinner. What was I thinking pulling them out of freezer yesterday lol

Trying to make yet another variety of dinner rolls. Adapted recipe to use bread maker (my favorite cheat on baked goods). So far, so good, proofing in the oven. Have yet to find one everyone likes. I’m not picky, long as not hard as a rock I’m good.

Our nearby mall area has sunk into sad decline, other than Sams & WM a real ghost town. Saw this on FB, not too far fetched with the pot hole situation. Inside joke is that it was originally supposed to have a Great Wolf Lodge, who pulled out early on before ground broke.

IMG_3347.jpeg
Pumpkin - it appears official you are now in warm southern climes! Enoy!
Hope all goes well with the butcher block
Hi, the mr just got 2nd coat of oil on it yesterday. It’s just beautiful. He did it in between staining the doors of the island a transparent grey sort that allows the grain to peek thru. It’s growing on me. First coat it seemed to have a strange green hue, disappeared on the 2nd one, phew.
He doesn't mind it, but says he sometimes gets stuck in a rut with recipes. I do too.
Yes, inspiration is often lacking here too. My family would be happy eating the same rotation of stuff tho, all basics. Not on my watch :)
lowes offers card holders 5% off purchases. 10% for military off non sale prices for military, regardless if using their CC

Stove was on sale, so we got the 5% off

Then, there was a rebate offered (via a Mastercard gift card) that reimbursed paying for an extended 5 year warranty on it. Normally, i don’t bother with them. In the past bought one on a washer and had them basically rebuild it over several visits to new state :). Even replaced drum and circuit board sort of thing.

Took the $ up to store to pay off the bill as I wanted a paper receipt to avoid them trying to slip in interest charges on it. They’ve been switching policies there as to the store CC, charging for paper CC statements etc. have my eye on them lol

This past Thursday night I joined a local crafting group
Nice, hope that works out for you. I tried one at local library. The “pros” there were like vultures with unsolicited advice. Good hearted I’m sure, just not my vibe lol
Woohoo. WDW or DL?
We got a flood watch warning buzz on my phone
I saw a good swatch of the east coast!
I never knew I was such a trendsetter with folks jumping on so many of my bandwagons all the purpling time
i do associate it with you…
Couldn`t get purple lizard queen......lol.....I do have a little sign in the kitchen that says "When the Queen is happy in her Kingdom, peace reigns"......lol....so true!!!
The purple lizard queen LOL
Bacon up this morning,
Same, ulterior motives tho. Wanted the grease to sauté my onions, garlic and ‘shrooms in my green bean side dish today
That was a long night. But as delayed over 10 hours, 3 am arrival, but yay, soaking wet luggage to deal with, and that muggy weather hit my face as I stepped out after too long of being in the air. Ah, time for some fun this week.
10 hours! So, you are in Orlando for your trip already? Woohoo. Did they have your car waiting for you?
did not think the gator tasted like anything. That was the problem it was tasteless and chewy. I was glad I only had a very small piece.
I bet! Reminds me of conch. Had it first time in the islands ceviche style…tour guide dived in the water, brought it up and prepared while we were snorkeling. Heavenly. Tried it in St Pete area, fried as almost legendary at the restaurant. Nope, not the same, texture of a rubber band. Everyone else was having at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter