Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh, it did indeed! Today, supposed to be a repeat :banana: It’s a gift I tell ‘ya!

Going to drop back down to just a bit above normal. Anytime it’s in mid 40’s or higher this time of year I’m happy enough

I’m gonna change your mind;) well, maybe just give you “food” for thot

The breakfast casserole was not of a wet consistency. Uses a 4:1 ratio of egg to whole milk, comes out much firmer than normal french toast to point it has a crispy crust on the top vs most bread puddings I’ve had that usually can’t be salvaged with all the sauces in the world. I’m just not a fan of any sort of Mexican DeLuce anything, flan etc either, it’s just too cloying for my taste.

in my neck of the woods most bread puddings made from stale chunks of bread that is presented as a bit of a soppy mess. People seem to love it. :confused3

Have tried so many varieties, mostly to be polite when served to me as a guest. Yes, it’s delicious, no, thanks I’m stuffed; couldn’t eat another bite sort of thing.

I just never liked it…until my life changed after trying the Polynesian’s version served at O’hana, Kona and I believe the CS now to meet the demand.:worship: Faint coconut flavor which is fine by me vs the actual textured stuff. the bananas foster sauce (heavy on the rum) & ice cream just take it to the next level. Excuse me Whilest i drool ala Pavlov’s dog just thinking about it lol

How good is it? Disney got tired of people asking for secret and finally released the secret. The ohana “bread” instructions are also included below. It has an interesting prep process I haven’t used in the past. I’ve only made it at home a few times as so labor intensive

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...ere-making-disney-worlds-ohana-bread-pudding/

Now to go eat some Greek yogurt for breakfast, going to go hog wild and top it with a banana

lol....you lost me at bananas and rum!! Now, I love rum, but not in any desserts of any kind, something akin to a gag reflex with alochol in desserts. Coconut, yes, anytime!!

No flans for me either, I do remember my mum always baked that pudding trying to dry it out, but it still looked like soggy bread to me, couldn`t ever eat it, despite trying.

I do remember having family gatherings and those puddings would be sat out all day if no one ate much of them, which I think did put me off of what I described as soggy food sitting out, I can see why you don`t do that with those types of dishes in a brunch.

I think it`s up there with trifle and beans for me......lol......but yes, I have heard praise for the Ohana dish you described. My nephew loved it and Sara although unsure, also loved it when she tried it!! Maybe it`s me......lol.....

Enjoy that breakfast!!!

School was nice this morning, came home and we went a walk down the shore front and although it was cold, it was still nice enough to do 3 miles. Shins didn`t hurt as bad today.

Tom is off out volunteering again, so I`m baking, reading a book and on the internet at the same time......glad I don`t have to fit a job into my day!!

Sun is shining this afternoon, looks quite pleasant out there, just made a brew and hot from the oven slice of ginger cake!

Good morning. Nothing interesting going on around here. Work today is super slow. I have been here a little over an hour and I have already completed everything there is to do today. I may start going through the files and see if any folders need to be replaced. I wish my boss would go to electronic records, but doubt that will ever happen.

I have been thinking ahead to our Disney vacation. We are still a little over a year away, so I can’t really plan much yet. Has anyone here ever do e the after hours event? We are thinking about doing it one night instead of a regular park day. It’s pricier, but may be worth it if it means much shorter wait times.

Time to find something to do.

Has anyone here ever do e the after hours event?
We only do the “free” DVC ones (walk on) or the holiday parties.

My family did both MK and MGM, the same as you are musing. Enjoyed resort, ventured offsite for a late lunch/early dinner then into the parks. Felt it was well worth it for those who didn’t have AP or tix media for the day.

Have you considered Genie+ or lightening lane options?

Think the latter is better option if you really want a specific ride or two.

Only did Genie once when on joint trip w/DiL. She handled selecting the genie+ options. Honestly, seemed like a lot of extra work to me for a couple of rides YMMV.

Many seem to love it. Thing that would keep me from doing genie+ on my own is fact your nose is seemingly stuck in your phone a good portion of the day. That’s the last thing I want to do when trying to relax and forget the real world.

Carole - it’s funny how those body parts cry out when starting a longer walking regimen. I often wonder how we managed to survive living in the dark ages when family would leave holiday food out all day for picking…especially, turkey!

Lynne - check your fall SWA airfare. Had my July trip coming back home dip over 60% less than it was last week. Grabbed that fare late last night, it’s already gone up again for several flights. Wish there was an app that included SW price alerts. I’m still seeing rates in area of $140 each way in the fall. Reminds me to check on when the next schedule drop is for December trip.

Off for some retail therapy. Need to fill those easter baskets with something other than candy.

Keisha, just checked, my September flights are more expensive than I paid when I booked not much after they opened for that time. But I will keep checking. Got that last early December for 24.50 each the one way, and 50 dollars each the other. Think that was the most cheapest I got SW in years. Unlike my trip coming up, probably the most I have paid for a FLA trip. Oh well. That I always check. As well as car and hotel.

Good morning. Nothing interesting going on around here. Work today is super slow. I have been here a little over an hour and I have already completed everything there is to do today. I may start going through the files and see if any folders need to be replaced. I wish my boss would go to electronic records, but doubt that will ever happen.

I have been thinking ahead to our Disney vacation. We are still a little over a year away, so I can’t really plan much yet. Has anyone here ever do e the after hours event? We are thinking about doing it one night instead of a regular park day. It’s pricier, but may be worth it if it means much shorter wait times.

Time to find something to do.

I was going to suggest Janet is the expert there for Disney and special events!

It`s nice to splurge!

My family did both MK and MGM, the same as you are musing. Enjoyed resort, ventured offsite for a late lunch/early dinner then into the parks. Felt it was well worth it for those who didn’t have AP or tix media for the day.

Only did Genie once when on joint trip w/DiL. She handled selecting the genie+ options. Honestly, seemed like a lot of extra work to me for a couple of rides YMMV.

Many seem to love it. Thing that would keep me from doing genie+ on my own is fact your nose is seemingly stuck in your phone a good portion of the day. That’s the last thing I want to do when trying to relax and forget the real world.

Carole - it’s funny how those body parts cry out when starting a longer walking regimen. I often wonder how we managed to survive living in the dark ages when family would leave holiday food out all day for picking…especially, turkey!

Lynne - check your fall SWA airfare. Had my July trip coming back home dip over 60% less than it was last week. Grabbed that fare late last night, it’s already gone up again for several flights. Wish there was an app that included SW price alerts. I’m still seeing rates in area of $140 each way in the fall. Reminds me to check on when the next schedule drop is for December trip.

Off for some retail therapy. Need to fill those easter baskets with something other than candy.

lol......I ache in places I had forgotten existed!! We walk at a decent pace which doesn`t help, should have started at a crawl really.

Those halcyon days seem a long time ago, yes I do remember the turkey being out and picked on. My aunt with the pink bedroom slippers, negligee, whisky and a ciggie, yes, that`s the one, she used to do a shrimp display with some seafood around and left it out too for anyone to nibble on and cheese too......now I think on it. I was about 7 before they moved away but never forgot my first shrimp, I was fine but remember my mother who was constantly horrified by aunt whispered I shouldn`t eat anything from the kitchen without her being there.....lol......

Good luck with the Easter Basket shopping!!! I haven`t thought about Easter yet, too busy with Mother`s Day and trip to Scotland!!

It only lasted that one day, thank goodness! So whatever it was, it's gone! Thanks for checking, Mac:)

:wave2:

Off to start making dinner!

We did the Genie + once but I’m not sure it was worth the expense. I like the idea of low crowds even if it’s just for a few hours. Right now we are considering cutting back on the regular tickets and maybe doing one or two nights after hours. I’m being a bit of a nerd and am working up a pricing spreadsheet using different combinations of regular and night tickets. Our trip is scheduled for March 8-15 of 2025, so a lot could change between now and then.

Quick morning stop in before all the papers hit my desk for sorting and spreadsheets!

Last night I enjoyed baking. Whipped up some nanner bread and muffins with the bananas that needed to be used up. Also...my sourdough looks like it came out great!!! I haven't tasted it yet - as it was still warm when I went to bed. But it looks great! Tonight we will taste test it with sandwiches and left over elk barley soup. It's a learning process, but I think once I get a kitchen scale - it will be easier. But I'm pretty proud of these beauties for my first attempt. The first one I baked too long - but the second one looks perfect!

Tonight, I will be coloring all the sparkles that have appeared in my hair again. I am NOT ready to embrace the grey in any way shape or form. So I will color my roots until I go back to brighten my balayage again. Which will probably be late summer. I do it once a year.

I think I've got everything almost ready to be away from the (almost) full-time job. There are some things that only I do - but have made a couple of cheat sheets so that one guy can log into my computer (yes I will have to share my password and change it when I get back) so that they can do some of the things only I do if it can't wait until I get back. Such a PIA...but at least they get a little more understanding og alllllllllllllllll the little things I do around here.

The bad - B did not get the library job. She’s quite disappointed. She may have to take a less desirable job just to get some work experience. Dh and I are trying to talk her into going to grad school. Tuition is free until she turns 26.

The good - dh’s book was released today. It’s a book about screenwriting. He won’t get rich from it, but it’s cool that he is now a published author.
That is both good and bad news. I hope that B is able to find somewhere to get some work experience.

It is amazing that your DH can add that to his life resume!!!!!
he trees are really starting to change already, apple blossom is coming out and although the evergreens don`t change much, there are buds on the regular trees too especially our fruit trees!
They look soooooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!
A good afternoon homies.
:wave2: I'm glad you're back!!!!
Almost forgot, today I got some annoying news. Remember my car wreck? I got a notice from the other person’s insurance company. They say that she didn’t have an active policy at the time of the accident. So I was hit by a teenager who was driving her mother’s uninsured car. State Farm is currently trying to recover my deductible, but I suspect I will never see that money.
That is starting to happen more and more. Especially with inflation rising and people's paychecks not stretching like they used to.
Very quiet day here, but Kyle came when they got home from the race and he was thrilled with his result did the half marathon in 1hr 28 minutes.....he had thought he would take another 15 minutes or so but he felt fantastic and knew he`d beat his target!! So proud of him 🥰 🥰 🥰
My gosh - that is an amazing time!!!! My knees ache when I even think about running long distances again.
We broke our previous record here today, 75 degrees
Lucky you!!!! It's currently still cold here - it's -22F with the windchill :cold: :rolleyes2

We have a home security system with all the latest bells and whistles - but with his sister only stopping to pick up the mail and maybe dip into the house quick if we remotely unlock the door...dh's OCD about cold temps while away will drive him CRAZY. I love the man - and try really hard not to react to his OCD tendancies and help them through them - but it would be hard for me to do that while on vacation.
Yes, looking forward to my new hair appointment on Wednesday!! I liked the way she chatted to me about what I liked and didn`t like and said on Wednesday we`ll go through the colour charts to see what will suit me but she thinks I need to do something a little different.....with a big smile on her face.....should I be worried lol......
I made a change a few years ago - and I love my new gal and her new place. Sometimes change is good. And I love that you're getting low and hi-lights!!! Not many people do that anymore. It looks much more natural. That's why I love getting a balayge color. When it grows out...the roots are not noticeable - as it's your natural color (or close enough to it) Now with me covering the " sparkles" I don't know what my natural muddy mousey icky brown would be.
Ah that ever dark and cold feeling rainy day. Drove in 43 degrees, with enough of a steady rain, had to use my windshield wipers the whole way. And it certainly rained in the overnight, as the roads were wet, with some good sized puddles in parts.
That is one skill, I'm not great at - driving in the rain. I do drive in blizzards, snow, icy, black icy roads - but rain...it NOT one I have. In the city is ok - but out on the highways - NOPE...dh can drive.
Work today is super slow. I have been here a little over an hour and I have already completed everything there is to do today. I may start going through the files and see if any folders need to be replaced. I wish my boss would go to electronic records, but doubt that will ever happen.
Currently we have both and old archaic electronic version as well as paper - but will be transitioning into a new electronic version. We are probably some of the last units to transition into this new electronic version. I have not even started the training for it....and the number of training sessions to completed is ridiculous!!!

Well, I started this...then got interupted with papers that needed shuffling.... darn work,,,don't they know I have zero motivation to do anything until after the vacation!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Eh, where I live, I’ve driven in some so dark out pouring down rain, that even fastest wipers are not much help, and could not see much of the highway I was on, including getting to it, over a ravine that was way down there, where no guardrails and open slats were the bridge. Let’s just say, I was much younger then, and was never so happy to get out of the mountain highway I was on, to where it was not raining. But I don’t mind driving in the rain. At least in the early morning I arrive, while pitch black out, rarely has more than a few cars until I get to the city limit. And to think, I get to do it two more days.

Lunch was good, and a quiet afternoon so far. Will be glad when it’s time to be going home.

I have had the same hair cutting lady for almost 30 years now. We are almost the same age. I followed her through 3 salons, and her fourth, she’s been at the last one for most of her time I have been going to her. And oddly, the owner of that last salon went to beauty school with, and still keeps in touch with, one of my cousins. Though the salon moved down the street from where it was, last month. I’m still having to tell myself to turn there and not there.

Ooh maintenance guy wants to vacuum. I’ll leave my office, have at it. Otherwise, I’ll be sneezing while he’s doing it.

Good Tuesday afternoon :wave2: Everyone.

Was morning when I started this then came back to finish.
IMG_3130.gif

I may not eat the rest of the day.
Wow….looks like a yummy spread you made for the family for brunch.

It turned out that I have an extended warranty that I had forgotten about and the repair was covered 100%. I was thrilled to hear that.
Nice surprise.

miss Publix. We have one Einstein Bagel shop in town, but it’s on the university campus
Publix do have the best subs, lunch meat counter and bakery.

A night launch will be awesome to watch if it’s clear tonight. I have a night launch poster that I bought ages ago.
They finally sent up the crewed ship on late Sunday at 10:53.

Almost forgot, today I got some annoying news. Remember my car wreck? I got a notice from the other person’s insurance company. They say that she didn’t have an active policy at the time of the accident. So I was hit by a teenager who was driving her mother’s uninsured car. State Farm is currently trying to recover my deductible, but I suspect I will never see that money.
I thought without insurance you cannot get a license plate for your car. Mother could have had insurance and got the license plate and sticker and then let her insurance lapse. I think in the future there will be a national database and this will hopefully take care of the issues.

Tomorrow, getting that knee/baker’s cyst checked by the podiatrist. Saw my Dr Friday. Had to laugh, they have 2,000+ current patients in the combined practice group. Said he’s never encountered one before, even as a resident/intern & that the other drs who weren’t in the office that day would be jealous. LOL I’m so darn special.
There is evidence that you are unique…..Hope the procedure goes well and you are fixed up and healed soon.

Very quiet day here, but Kyle came when they got home from the race and he was thrilled with his result did the half marathon in 1hr 28 minutes.....he had thought he would take another 15 minutes or so but he felt fantastic and knew he`d beat his target!! So proud of him 🥰 🥰 🥰
Congratulations to Kyle on his better than expected run time.

We walked about 3 miles along the beach this morning......no difference to running a half marathon lol......
Beautiful photo of the Ocean and the rainbow.

As far as French toast my favorite is panettone followed by croissant.
Panettone French toast is a favorite at Christmas time.

Beautiful walk this morning despite the cold, although the sunshine was beautiful and even warm when it was on your face. however we had some fog roll in which was quite eerie for a time, but the sun burned it away in a few hours.
Beautiful photos of your beach front walk.

Hope your new stylist turns out good.

3 days and counting :cheer2: 4 days until we fly out. The forecast looks amazing for there. The forecast here while we are gone is looking good too . Dh hates leaving the house with no one home ( but someone checking in on it and picking up mail) when it's extremely cold outside. Because if things are going to break down - that is when they will break down lol.
You will be leaving for your much deserved vacation before you know it. Hope your sourdough turns out well.

We have some rather large pork chops with the bone in for dinner tonight, I`m told by our butcher they are the most tender of meat due to the breed, as long as I don`t overcook it of course, will use the meat thermometer in the oven with them as they are thick, should be nice, doing an apple cider sauce to go with them and usual veg and some kind of potato.
Those pork chops sound really good.

naps are a good way to keep us refreshed and going.
Enjoy yours later today.
I had a much needed nap. They do put the world right sometimes.

I am late but happy belated birthday day!
Thank you Mac.

Sun was shining this morning earlier. Now cloudy. Supposed to be 80 degrees today.

The lift off of the Crew Dragon did finally go late Sunday at 10:53 pm. We decided not to travel up to Titusville because it had be delayed already a couple times. Did enjoy it from the backyard though.

IMG_9207.jpeg
IMG_9209.jpeg
IMG_9210.jpeg

This photo kind of freaked us out a little. Looks like things are blowing up, but was booster rocket separating to return.
IMG_9215.jpeg

IMG_9216.jpeg

Hubby and I went up to look at some SUV’s he had done research online on.

We ended up buying a new SUV yesterday with lots of Bells and Whistles so to speak. A few of the options we would not usually be interested in, but to have the same vehicle built to order would have been a fairly long wait so we bought it. We are very pleased with our purchase. It was time.

Planning a trip up to see my Aunt who is 91 years old and my cousins on Thursday. Have not seen my aunt in a number of years and her daughter is bringing her to Florida to visit her son on the Gulf Side. So my older sister and I will be driving over to see her. Looking forward to seeing her and our cousins.

The sun came back out and my neighbor B and I enjoyed some sun and pool time and of course some chit chat.

Not much else going on here.

Last edited:
Hehe, breakfast for champions, Keisha. Not a bread pudding fan either. And never like my French toast soggy. Mine are always not that.
Same for me Lynne.

I would eat cat food before I would eat french toast or bread pudding.

Just not my thing.

Now Mr Mac would fix the boys french toast when they were little’s.
No idea if any of them eat it now.

Did get my covid booster shot this afternoon.
Could not even feel the needle, I blinked and it was done in a second.
I used Moderna prior but Walgreens only had the other serum option.

Assume the meds are similar and both are effective.

Quick morning stop in before all the papers hit my desk for sorting and spreadsheets!

Last night I enjoyed baking. Whipped up some nanner bread and muffins with the bananas that needed to be used up. Also...my sourdough looks like it came out great!!! I haven't tasted it yet - as it was still warm when I went to bed. But it looks great! Tonight we will taste test it with sandwiches and left over elk barley soup. It's a learning process, but I think once I get a kitchen scale - it will be easier. But I'm pretty proud of these beauties for my first attempt. The first one I baked too long - but the second one looks perfect!

Tonight, I will be coloring all the sparkles that have appeared in my hair again. I am NOT ready to embrace the grey in any way shape or form. So I will color my roots until I go back to brighten my balayage again. Which will probably be late summer. I do it once a year.

I think I've got everything almost ready to be away from the (almost) full-time job. There are some things that only I do - but have made a couple of cheat sheets so that one guy can log into my computer (yes I will have to share my password and change it when I get back) so that they can do some of the things only I do if it can't wait until I get back. Such a PIA...but at least they get a little more understanding og alllllllllllllllll the little things I do around here.

That is both good and bad news. I hope that B is able to find somewhere to get some work experience.

It is amazing that your DH can add that to his life resume!!!!!

They look soooooooooooooo pretty!!!!!!

:wave2: I'm glad you're back!!!!

That is starting to happen more and more. Especially with inflation rising and people's paychecks not stretching like they used to.

My gosh - that is an amazing time!!!! My knees ache when I even think about running long distances again.

Lucky you!!!! It's currently still cold here - it's -22F with the windchill :cold: :rolleyes2

We have a home security system with all the latest bells and whistles - but with his sister only stopping to pick up the mail and maybe dip into the house quick if we remotely unlock the door...dh's OCD about cold temps while away will drive him CRAZY. I love the man - and try really hard not to react to his OCD tendancies and help them through them - but it would be hard for me to do that while on vacation.

I made a change a few years ago - and I love my new gal and her new place. Sometimes change is good. And I love that you're getting low and hi-lights!!! Not many people do that anymore. It looks much more natural. That's why I love getting a balayge color. When it grows out...the roots are not noticeable - as it's your natural color (or close enough to it) Now with me covering the " sparkles" I don't know what my natural muddy mousey icky brown would be.

That is one skill, I'm not great at - driving in the rain. I do drive in blizzards, snow, icy, black icy roads - but rain...it NOT one I have. In the city is ok - but out on the highways - NOPE...dh can drive.

Currently we have both and old archaic electronic version as well as paper - but will be transitioning into a new electronic version. We are probably some of the last units to transition into this new electronic version. I have not even started the training for it....and the number of training sessions to completed is ridiculous!!!

Well, I started this...then got interupted with papers that needed shuffling.... darn work,,,don't they know I have zero motivation to do anything until after the vacation!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

I wish I was fond of sourdough, its everywhere!! One of our village bakeries only sells Sourdough, nothing else as their bread options!

Highlights and lowlights are very common over here, Balayage is getting common too, not sure about it though. Glad you`re happy with the new girl, yes, change is good I think I`ve been too complacent for too long with the same girl, so I`m looking forward to something different with fresh eyes.

I have a love hate relationship with our home alarm system. It has sensors on all the windows which is brilliant, means you are alerted if someone puts any pressure on them, but we are surrounded by trees and with the huge bifold doors at the back, birds do fly into them and can set it off....scares the bejeesus out of us on the occasions it does happen!!!

View attachment 839292View attachment 839294

My sourdough loaves :blush: I'm kind of proud of them

They do look good!!

Good Tuesday afternoon :wave2: Everyone.

Was morning when I started this then came back to finish.
View attachment 839214

Wow….looks like a yummy spread you mad for the family for brunch.

Nice surprise.

Publix do have the best subs, lunch meat counter and bakery.

They finally sent up the crewed ship on late Sunday at 10:53.

I thought without insurance you cannot get a license plate for your car. Mother could have had insurance and got the license plate and sticker and then let her insurance lapse. I think in the future there will be a national database and this will hopefully take care of the issues.

There is evidence that you are unique…..Hope the procedure goes well and you are fixed up and healed soon.

Congratulations to Kyle on his better than expected run time.

Beautiful photo of the Ocean and the rainbow.

Panettone French toast is a favorite at Christmas time.

Beautiful photos of your beach front walk.

Hope your new stylist turns out good.

You will be leaving for your much deserved vacation before you know it. Hope your sourdough turns out well.

Those pork chops sound really good.

I had a much needed nap. They do put the world right sometimes.

Thank you Mac.

Sun was shining this morning earlier. Now cloudy. Supposed to be 80 degrees today.

The lift off of the Crew Dragon did finally go late Sunday at 10:53 pm. We decided not to travel up to Titusville because it had be delayed already a couple times. Did enjoy it from the backyard though.

View attachment 839220
View attachment 839225
View attachment 839226

This photo kind of freaked us out a little. Looks like things are blowing up, but was booster rocket separating to return.
View attachment 839227

View attachment 839228

Hubby and I went up to look at some SUV’s he had done research online on.

We ended up buying a new SUV yesterday with lots of Bells and Whistles so to speak. A few of the options we would not usually be interested in, but to have the same vehicle built to order would have been a fairly long wait so we bought it. We are very pleased with our purchase. It was time.

Planning a trip up to see my Aunt who is 91 years old and my cousins on Thursday. Have not seen my aunt in a number of years and her daughter is bringing her to Florida to visit her son on the Gulf Side. So my older sister and I will be driving over to see her. Looking forward to seeing her and our cousins.

The sun came back out and my neighbor B and I enjoyed some sun and pool time and of course some chit chat.

Not much else going on here.

It`s easy to get distracted away from the computer!

Thank you and thank you......very proud of our son and yes, we love where we live, it is beautiful and we benefit from being surrounded by the sea on one side and countryside on the other.

Happy new car!!! Always a nice thing to buy, hope you enjoy driving it!!

Same for me Lynne.

I would eat cat food before I would eat french toast or bread pudding.

Just not my thing.

Now Mr Mac would fix the boys french toast when they were little’s.
No idea if any of them eat it now.

Could not even feel the needle, I blinked and it was done in a second.
I used Moderna prior but Walgreens only had the other serum option.

Assume the meds are similar and both are effective.

You still doing covid boosters over there??

I don`t think anyone even mentions them anymore, they just seem to have disappeared over here in the last 2 years thankfully.

I do love my French Toast, but not bread and butter pudding.

Well, I cooked the pork chops nicely, they were beautiful and tender, getting them to the correct temperature is essential as pork can overcook easily. I got a 10/10 for them. Sauce was nice too, but didn`t really need it.

Listening to music and reading a book tonight, Tom is doing schedules for next few weeks volunteering rotas. Told him to fit me in somewhere before we go up to Scotland.

Got my mum`s flowers ordered for Mother`s Day today, she`ll get them Saturday as they only deliver Sunday mornings and she`ll be at church so would miss the delivery, someone would take them in for her I suppose, but easier for Saturday morning.

Going to try and stay up beyond 10pm tonight!!!

Tossed hot sausages, peppers & onions with some homemade sauce & can of tomatoes. Smells heavenly simmering away. The mr won’t touch them, however, he keeps saying they sure smell like they will taste good lol. Have a burger Pattie thawing out One day he will give sausages a whirl. Was such a plain meat & taters sort when I met him, took some doing but, he has expanded what he will eat. Still limited IMO lol. We were raised if it was put in front of you, eat it.

Got that last early December for 24.50 each the one way, and 50 dollars each the other. Think that was the most cheapest I got SW in years.
Holy smokes, that’s Spirit pricing…with free luggage lol
My aunt with the pink bedroom slippers, negligee, whisky and a ciggie, yes, that`s the one, she used to do a shrimp display with some seafood around and left it out too for anyone to nibble on and cheese too......now I think on it. I was about 7 before they moved away but never forgot my first shrimp, I was fine but remember my mother who was constantly horrified by aunt whispered I shouldn`t eat anything from the kitchen without her being there.....lol......
I seriously would’ve loved that woman!
Also...my sourdough looks like it came out great!!! I haven't tasted it yet - as it was still warm when I went to bed. But it looks great!
It’s magazine ready! Yummo. Now motivated to get a starter going again. Always feel bad when I travel and it dies as family forgets to feed it…the plants…you name it
but have made a couple of cheat sheets so that one guy can log into my computer (yes I will have to share my password and change it when I get back) so that they can do some of the things only I do if it can't wait until I get back
That is very smart!
I made a change a few years ago - and I love my new gal and her new place. Sometimes change is good. And I love that you're getting low and hi-lights!!!
Not a fan of just one tone dye jobs. You know your girl is good if hair has some dimension built in via the high & low lights.

Did enjoy it from the backyard though.
Living the dream! That one pic does look like an explosion, yikes!
So my older sister and I will be driving over to see her. Looking forward to seeing her and our cousins.
Sounds like fun, as long as you can avoid I-4
Heck has frozen over! :). Did u get the senior version? Formulated differently. Good to hear, hope no side effects for you. I’ve had 5 thus far, all Moderna, one Pfizer.

New guidance that a spring dose is recommended for those of us in that age group who had on last fall. Whee, I’ll table mine until early May. Supposed to be four months after any prior one.

I still felt mighty sick with the 2nd go-round of covid early this past December. although. the RSV was way worse, still having symptoms as many others. Scary stuff. I’m of the mind that the vax made getting covid again a lesser event for me. Those of us with immuno & underlying conditions have a few more hoops to jump thru

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/cdc-recommends-spring-covid-booster-for-people-65-and-up/

Should be Mac. I like when they do it so fast, you don’t feel the shot. DH got his second the other day, as said he needed another update. Hehe, he’s considered a senior. But I think it was because of all the other medical issues he has.

Great pictures, Robo. And congratulations on a new car. Once I had an SUV, I can’t see me not having one. I like sitting up higher.

Ah that commute back always takes twice as long. Sigh. But glad to be home, and dry. Was still drizzling the whole way. With heavier rain dumps later this evening. Those April showers very early this year. Guess with the Easter being so early. lol

Those breads look delicious Pumpkin.

Eh don’t like sausages or onions, so I’m with your DH, Keisha. Yeah, I was shocked to get those fares last year. But glad I jumped on them when I saw them, as they promptly rose much higher.

I’m going to tell the camel to bring a boat or at least an umbrella for tomorrow.

Tossed hot sausages, peppers & onions with some homemade sauce & can of tomatoes. Smells heavenly simmering away. The mr won’t touch them, however, he keeps saying they sure smell like they will taste good lol. Have a burger Pattie thawing out One day he will give sausages a whirl. Was such a plain meat & taters sort when I met him, took some doing but, he has expanded what he will eat. Still limited IMO lol. We were raised if it was put in front of you, eat it.

Holy smokes, that’s Spirit pricing…with free luggage lol

I seriously would’ve loved that woman!

It’s magazine ready! Yummo. Now motivated to get a starter going again. Always feel bad when I travel and it dies as family forgets to feed it…the plants…you name it

That is very smart!

Not a fan of just one tone dye jobs. You know your girl is good if hair has some dimension built in via the high & low lights.

Living the dream! That one pic does look like an explosion, yikes!

Sounds like fun, as long as you can avoid I-4

Heck has frozen over! :). Did u get the senior version? Formulated differently. Good to hear, hope no side effects for you. I’ve had 5 thus far, all Moderna, one Pfizer.

New guidance that a spring dose is recommended for those of us in that age group who had on last fall. Whee, I’ll table mine until early May. Supposed to be four months after any prior one.

I still felt mighty sick with the 2nd go-round of covid early this past December. although. the RSV was way worse, still having symptoms as many others. Scary stuff. I’m of the mind that the vax made getting covid again a lesser event for me. Those of us with immuno & underlying conditions have a few more hoops to jump thru

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/02/cdc-recommends-spring-covid-booster-for-people-65-and-up/

Dinner at Keisha`s!!!

Love a good quality sausage. We have so many good butchers who all create some wonderful ones, nice varied flavours too. Our newest butcher maked beef and sweet chilli ones, haven`t tried them yet, not many make beef sausages in England, but they`re popular in Scotland.

Sausages and onions, hard to beat!!

You would have loved my aunt, she really was an Elizabeth Taylor lookalike, always dressed glamorously but my outstanding memories of her is her charm bracelet I used to play with all the time, dyed jet black hair, her pink heeled bedroom slippers and how kind she was to me. My mother was always annoyed by her as she was so laid back, drank quite a lot, wasn`t the best at housework and her husband worshipped her, so much so she always says Tom reminds her of my uncle as no one could say a bad word against his wife.

Yes, she was a grand dame and very much of her time. I absolutely loathe smoking in any form, but do remember her holding her cigarette with a fancy holder like Joan Collins would use.

Agree, a good stylist won`t just slap a colour on and let you leave. I have high hopes for my new lady, everyone says how good she is! Will send you a before and after....although if you don`t hear from me...... 🥴

I started to post this about an hour ago but fell asleep.

My guess is that she let it lapse. I made the mistake of not talking to the girl that hit me and just letting the cop handle everything. I assume she showed him something for proof of insurance, but just because you have a card it doesn’t mean the plan is active.

We ended up buying a new SUV yesterday with lots of Bells and Whistles so to speak.
Congratulations.

We had such a nice day today. I currently have my windows open and enjoying a nice breeze. Unfortunately it’s supposed to rain tomorrow.

Most definitely I stay on guard and get the vaccine!
Can’t risk not getting them.
Today Walgreens only had one version which was fine with me.

I keep up on the covid shots, they are painless and side effects not bad.
Only the first shot laid me low and had icky side effects.

Last 3 weeks I watch the Sunday church service on line as 15 more members are home with covid.
Six are still hospitalized.

I don’t venture far from home when I am aware the virus is still an issue.

Today only had one choice (pfizer available) and it’s fine.
No charge at Walgreens to get the shot.

I have been using Moderna, but today it was Pfizer.
I have autoimmune issues and not chancing the odds.

Not all states have high numbers of covid.
Most are back to their normal life style.

Most definitely I stay on guard and get the vaccine!
Can’t risk not getting them.
Today Walgreens only had one version which was fine with me.

I keep up on the covid shots, they are painless and side effects not bad.
Only the first shot laid me low and had icky side effects.

Last 3 weeks I watch the Sunday church service on line as 15 more members are home with covid.
Six are still hospitalized.

I don’t venture far from home when I am aware the virus is still an issue.

Today only had one choice (pfizer available) and it’s fine.
No charge at Walgreens to get the shot.

I have been using Moderna, but today it was Pfizer.
I have autoimmune issues and not chancing the odds.

Not all states have high numbers of covid.
Most are back to their normal life style.

I was just surprised mac as it`s not even mentioned anywhere over here now, I don`t know of anyone who has been invited to still get them, even my mum who will be 89 this month doesn`t get them anymore.

But, with your autoimmune issues, I can see why you still get them, I just wasn`t aware it was still a thing now.

cv3012-S.jpg

New stylist day for me!! My hair is incredibly long now too so a good cut as well as the high/low lights will be much appreciated. My appointment is not till 1pm so thought we would get a walk, but we got a txt saying the Alarm company are coming to do the yearly service and check for the alarm system, doesn`t take them too long usually but they can`t give a time, so we`ll be waiting in this morning in case he comes.

Planning honey bbq chicken tonight, will make the sauce spicy too as it`s a classic mix with some heat and might do some wedges, salad and coleslaw.

Some housework this morning, but just the usual daily routine nothing that`ll take too long, I might nip into the village to see if I can get an avocado to go with the blt for lunch. Looks to be an ok day out there weather wise too.

Middle of the week again, almost the first week of March has already disappeared!

i-DdwqqdC-S.gif

cv119-S.jpg

Have a lovely Wednesday!!

Ah, guess we are getting to HHN a little early today. Oh so foggy out. But 48 degrees when I got out the door? Will take it. Within two minutes of the alarm going off, heard a large amount of rain to come today.

Hence, who do I see?
IMG_3152.jpeg

Ah yes, camel has a boat, so he’s ready for my afternoon commute in a very rainy drive.

But camel says, rainy day or not, it’s the mid week day, we say, get over this hump of day feeling Wednesday, then Friday, where fabulous Friday feelings will be, is a day away. Flowering Friday for me. Yay!

And so, that ever so very dark commute, with a full overcast sky. No moon or stars to see the way. But fast enough entering, and back to office, with laptop fired up for over an hour.

Hope all have a most Wonderful Wednesday today.

And Mother Nature is still thirsty, so I’m sure we will see more rain ☔️ tomorrow. Eh, good to have the ground not thirsty nor any living creatures thirsty, on a Thirsty Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter