Something About Nothing............ #14

Morning all, getting ready to go hoofing around the track, a lovely stretch of weather brewing.

Dune movie was long but, interesting. Suffered poor editing the last hour or so. I enjoy the cinematography. Figured worst case I’d get a good nap.

Later going to try making a round roast in the instapot. Two of the boys have saved a seat at the table. Haven’t bought one in years as never a fan of the meat texture. Supposedly, it will be tender. Show me :)

Tomorrow, getting that knee/baker’s cyst checked by the podiatrist. Saw my Dr Friday. Had to laugh, they have 2,000+ current patients in the combined practice group. Said he’s never encountered one before, even as a resident/intern & that the other drs who weren’t in the office that day would be jealous. LOL I’m so darn special.

Haha that would be a bit trippy to see that Pete as the dr. Saw a meme other day, in response to conspiracy theories re Kate Middleton being out of the public eye. Obviously, photoshopped, still funny

Well, that stinks re the insurance snafu

Far as I know, they can’t. At very least a civil judgement

way it goes here, onus is on the car owner to have insurance on car. Thot they all offered coverage on whomever you let pilot your car as long as not in a commercial sort of way (driving for uber etc.)

Majority of leftovers, left lol. Did have a bite of the french toast this am with my coffee. Think there may be a few bits of ham in the fridge

Indeed, and if you don’t keep that car insurance up, the state police will come a-knocking for your plate. Assume that man was living his life in a judgement proof manner.

Good luck with the meat in the instapot! Hope you like it.

Sounds like Brunch was a big success, sorry about the movie, never seen any of those Dune movies.

It`s nice to be special.....for whatever reason......lol......

Very quiet day here, but Kyle came when they got home from the race and he was thrilled with his result did the half marathon in 1hr 28 minutes.....he had thought he would take another 15 minutes or so but he felt fantastic and knew he`d beat his target!! So proud of him 🥰 🥰 🥰

We walked about 3 miles along the beach this morning......no difference to running a half marathon lol......

i-8s2jj8R-M.jpg

Dinner is simmering nicely, another couple of hours and we`ll eat around 6ish, smells gorgeous!!

Woohoo to Kyle, he is really having some great showings!

Thanks Janet!!!

He is really enjoying it which is the main thing although he would say timing is everything lol....that`s runners for you!!!! But, after his injury he has done so well and yep, we are incredibly proud of him!!

Six weeks till the first Marathon of the year!!

It’s Sunday which means it’s Pizza night for me and the Mr Mac.
I casually looked at frozen cheese pizzas when in WM on Friday as only had to cook for the 2 of us. Mr found found lobster tail hiding in freezer so he was good to go. I was shocked to see those likely cardboard versions more than price of a dominos with 2 toppings!

I was this many years old when I discovered day old delivery pizza reheated at full blast bake on cookie sheet was better than as delivered. 4 minutes later we were astonished.
Have a great week y'all!
As far as French toast my favorite is panettone followed by croissant.

I casually looked at frozen cheese pizzas when in WM on Friday as only had to cook for the 2 of us. Mr found found lobster tail hiding in freezer so he was good to go. I was shocked to see those likely cardboard versions more than price of a dominos with 2 toppings!

I`d take lobster anyday over most other foods, including pizza!!

I am not a french toast person but my sons are.
When they were growing up, that was one food I couldn’t make enough of for them.

Tom isn`t the biggest French Toast person, he is more pancakes if we`re doing breakfast with others. He`s more regular toast but he does cook the best poached egg!! I might have French Toast this morning now thinking about it!! As a child I wouldn`t touch it weirdly.

Yes, another cold one this morning but it should be nice enough to walk, so warm leggings on, maybe a thick pair of tights underneath them too and we`ll head down to the beach for a walk, hoping to get back into that regular walking every day soon, but the weather has to co-operate too!!!

After the walk, shower and head out some shopping, lunch then Tom is volunteering this afternoon and then another twice this week, not sure which day I`m in school now as they`ve shuffled both of us around, will find out later.

Expecting a parcel hopefully today or tomorrow, another two sheets, one fitted and one flat, I have to order online as some places don`t do that extra deep fit we need for the mattress we have. Sheets and towels are something you can never have too many of!

Chicken Marsala tonight for us, request from Tom, made chicken stock on Saturday so will make chicken noodle soup for lunch....admit bread will be store bought today, but all the French Toast talk, definitely having that for breakfast with some dry cure bacon....perfect.

Usual tea coming up, on my second cup.

cv71-S.jpg

cv141-S.gif

cv69-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday :sunny:

Ah that Monday morning, as I signed in, that Northern Cardinal started his laser sounds, and now he’s loud again. Mostly overcast, but he’s happy it’s already 45 degrees, with 61 to be late afternoon. And then commute time, with the three days of rain, for those three commuting days. Sigh.

And while I signed in, one of the apps is still giving me that blue circle. Sigh. Even my laptop is feeling like a Monday.

But will hear those trash trucks’ sounds soon enough. Last of the trash tossed out over an hour ago.

Ah, at least no commuting today. And have to get an errand done after turning off the laptop. Then it will be packed up. Another sigh.

Tea, and made waffles, as DH said he’d like one. So, a few left, if kids want them. I think older one is off today too. They said they had a fun time in the mountains this weekend.

So, a wish for a Marvelous Monday today.

Beautiful walk this morning despite the cold, although the sunshine was beautiful and even warm when it was on your face. however we had some fog roll in which was quite eerie for a time, but the sun burned it away in a few hours.

It was beginning to dissipate here in the picture below and rolling back out to sea which was strange to see and very eerie with the foghorns going off around us.

And there were even some surfers in the water as further along the waved were big enough, but heavens they must have been cold as we didn`t get much above 3c.

i-9x2gkf2-X2.jpg

However we did walk 3 miles along the promenade which was lovely, but after so long since we last walked at speed, my shins ache!!!

Went shopping afterwards and now Tom is out doing his volunteering for his first afternoon this week.

Beautiful afternoon though, the sun is streaming in through all out back windows, bifold doors are open here in the kitchen as there is no breeze at all, it`s lovely.

So another pot of tea and then I`ll decide if I`m going to do something this afternoon or not, maybe just read one of my new books or some TR...almost done!!!

I'm still here..... freezing our butts off :cold: Mother Nature is REALLY making sure that we don't forget how cold winters can get :rolleyes2 It's currently -39 with the windchill. The wind just bites at your skin...and when you inhale - it burns alll the way into your lungs. I'm sooo done with winter. cold and snow.

3 days and counting :cheer2: 4 days until we fly out. The forecast looks amazing for there. The forecast here while we are gone is looking good too . Dh hates leaving the house with no one home ( but someone checking in on it and picking up mail) when it's extremely cold outside. Because if things are going to break down - that is when they will break down lol.

I had the whole weekend off!!! I haven't had too many off since New Years. So I got to enjoy some down time and just sit and relax. I did a little baking. Suitcase is partially packed. I have a small little pile that I need to toss into the wash and freshen them up, but I'm basically packed. I probably have enough clothes for 2 weeks :rotfl: But I like to wear my summer dresses to dinner, plus shorts and t-shirts, a couple bathing suits, a couple pairs of shoes/flipflops - the suitcase fills up fast lol.

I am currently attempting my first crack at baking actual sourdough from my starter. I'll bake it off tonight. I shaped it this morning before I came to work - then I'll bake it off tonight. I might be a bit heavy - as I think I had a little too much flour - but it rose beautifully all afternoon/evening yesterday. I'll let you guys know how it turned out!

Well, I should go and shuffle the papers that just appeared on my desk.

Have a great day everyone!

That is a lovely picture!

I am a wimp and could never do an early morning walk, especially when it is cold outside!

But greatly enjoy the picture!

Thanks mac, we live in a beautiful area and when it gets foggy it is quite spectacular at times, I don`t think the pictures capture it fully.

We were both wrapped up well!!! By the time we were about halfway we were both hot as the sun was warm, so I ended up carrying my hat and gloves and jacket was unzipped, but it was cold, no doubt. We just need to get our asps moving!!!

I`m glad you liked it.

Didn`t have chicken madeira in the end, change of plan and ended up with chicken in white wine and cream sauce, farm store didn`t have the mushrooms we like, but it was nice all the same.

Quiet day here, Tom came back around five and we ate around six, now sitting in the sitting room with our tea and a slice of ginger cake with butter. Well I guess we did walk today to earn it :rolleyes1

And made my next hair appointment with new lady, I do know her and she is lovely, her hair is stunning and she has a very good name, so will go on Wednesday for that appointment. I get the feeling it might be a nicer experience than the old salon, so I`m excited for that, my hair really needs cutting and I do enjoy getting high and low lights done.

And my second cup of tea is being poured.......nice!!

I'm still here..... freezing our butts off :cold: Mother Nature is REALLY making sure that we don't forget how cold winters can get :rolleyes2 It's currently -39 with the windchill. The wind just bites at your skin...and when you inhale - it burns alll the way into your lungs. I'm sooo done with winter. cold and snow.

3 days and counting :cheer2: 4 days until we fly out. The forecast looks amazing for there. The forecast here while we are gone is looking good too .
I feel like the deaf, dumb and blind kid in Tommy.
Don’t think you need to google that song to figure it out.

At your above temps, I would be crying uncle!

You absolutely need this upcoming vacation.

Be sure to pack shorts and flip flop shoes for Orlando….
and the sun cream !

Have a fabulous vacation!

We broke our previous record here today, 75 degrees
1709595981910.gif
Good luck with the meat in the instapot! Hope you like it.
Came out more medium than rare but delicious. Made an encore appearance as “prime rib” sandwiches for dinner, tasted even better. Happy as I can finally resume buying that cheaper cut. So many steers in TX perished, beef prices are going to soar. Or that’s the story they will use to double prices to gouge us
I am not a french toast person but my sons are.
When they were growing up, that was one food I couldn’t make enough of for them.
I am seriously not one either! Nor pancakes, anything that gets soggy is out. These were made like a sandwich on french bread slices, with Nutella & sliced bananas. Then cut in half and set on end in smaller rectangular casserole & doused in the egg/milk wash overnight, baked off in the morning.

I had the small Tupperware container in fridge that I had put the previously heated syrup into as I didn’t want to pour back into the container & introduce possible bacteria etc. somebody was rooting in the fridge and knocked it on it’s side. I had a pool of guck greet me this am when I was grabbing coffee creamer. What a sticky mess. Least it was on a glass shelf and pretty much corralled

RAnd there were even some surfers in the water as further along the waved were big enough, but heavens they must have been cold as we didn`t get much above 3c.
Those are some hearty blokes :)
3 days and counting :cheer2: 4 days until we fly out.
Awesome!
Dh hates leaving the house with no one home ( but someone checking in on it and picking up mail) when it's extremely cold outside. Because if things are going to break down - that is when they will break down lol.
When we don’t have a house setter, we leave heat on 62 and hope for the best. Always crosses my mind at least one of a what if the pipes break…followed by that’s why we have excellent homeowner’s insurance. Only had one pipe break, exterior to faucet for hose. I believe it wasn’t properly drained at the end of the season.
so will go on Wednesday for that appointment. I get the feeling it might be a nicer experience than the old salon, so I`m excited for that, my hair really needs cutting and I do enjoy getting high and low lights done.
Finger’s crossed you hit the jackpot with this gal!

Yay for the short countdown for Pumpkin. I hope you have a fabulous trip, and very warm weather.

Wow, that must really felt good, your 75 temp, Keisha. We were happy to see 64 and 65 these last two days. But rain coming tonight, and making soggy weather these next three days. At least Friday to just be overcast. Good thing, as going into city for the flower show that day.

Ah that week day evening. All just chilling before getting to bed.

We broke our previous record here today, 75 degrees
View attachment 839046

Came out more medium than rare but delicious. Made an encore appearance as “prime rib” sandwiches for dinner, tasted even better. Happy as I can finally resume buying that cheaper cut. So many steers in TX perished, beef prices are going to soar. Or that’s the story they will use to double prices to gouge us

I am seriously not one either! Nor pancakes, anything that gets soggy is out. These were made like a sandwich on french bread slices, with Nutella & sliced bananas. Then cut in half and set on end in smaller rectangular casserole & doused in the egg/milk wash overnight, baked off in the morning.

I had the small Tupperware container in fridge that I had put the previously heated syrup into as I didn’t want to pour back into the container & introduce possible bacteria etc. somebody was rooting in the fridge and knocked it on it’s side. I had a pool of guck greet me this am when I was grabbing coffee creamer. What a sticky mess. Least it was on a glass shelf and pretty much corralled

Those are some hearty blokes :)

Awesome!

When we don’t have a house setter, we leave heat on 62 and hope for the best. Always crosses my mind at least one of a what if the pipes break…followed by that’s why we have excellent homeowner’s insurance. Only had one pipe break, exterior to faucet for hose. I believe it wasn’t properly drained at the end of the season.

Finger’s crossed you hit the jackpot with this gal!

You lucky ducky!!! That does sound fabulous for this time of year!! Today we will be spoiled with getting 44F and maybe some rain if we`re lucky lol.....

Beef does sound good, yes, prices are not fun any excuse for the prices to go up.

Now you described what I would call Bread and Butter Pudding, that is a dish I won`t eat. Mum used to make it all the time when I was a kid, hated it. Always seemed soggy and soaky, not for me. They do try and make it sound posh now by using croissants in some restaurants.....er no.....My French Toast is quite well cooked so it`s not soggy....yep, soggy food that has been sitting out is never nice. Fresh or don`t bother is my mantra.

We have a lot of cold weather swimmers in the waters here and surfers when the waves suit, you wouldn`t catch me out there as there are awful currents, but doesn`t put some folks off. That guy this morning was out on his own and this time of year we have no life guards, certainly not so early in the mornings anyway. Crazy. I have two friend`s kids who are part time life guards and neither of them would swim in the sea. Here in the summer if we get a warm spell, yes the sea is busy but most don`t venture out too far. Not for me.

Yes, looking forward to my new hair appointment on Wednesday!! I liked the way she chatted to me about what I liked and didn`t like and said on Wednesday we`ll go through the colour charts to see what will suit me but she thinks I need to do something a little different.....with a big smile on her face.....should I be worried lol......

I officially felt old last night! 9.30 and I said to Tom I have to go to bed, I`m so tired! So, by 10pm I had been sleeping for about 15 minutes and slept right through till just after 6 this morning when the birds woke me up. Yes, those early birds can go stuff themselves when they start chirping.

Going into school for an hour this morning, the plan is to come home, change into walking shoes and leggings and head down the front for another walk unless it does rain heavily.

Don`t need any shopping today, Tom is out this afternoon too volunteering, so I may get some baking done this afternoon, some muffins that will do breakfast tomorrow and maybe a ginger cake to go with our cuppa later.

Also need to get mum some flowers ordered, in the UK we have Mother`s Day this Sunday, seems early this year as it`s usually the same weekend as her birthday which is the following weekend. And our clocks don`t go forward till March 31st this year, I think my cousin told me the US is this weekend for the clock change. It is lovely seeing these brighter mornings and evenings again.

We have some rather large pork chops with the bone in for dinner tonight, I`m told by our butcher they are the most tender of meat due to the breed, as long as I don`t overcook it of course, will use the meat thermometer in the oven with them as they are thick, should be nice, doing an apple cider sauce to go with them and usual veg and some kind of potato.

Toast with preserves this morning for breakfast, I`m ready for some more tea too before I head out to school a little later, look forward to when we can read sitting outside, not yet though!

Tequila Tuesday????? Nah, will stick to tea..... :rotfl:

cv63-S.jpg

cv100-S.jpg

Ah that ever dark and cold feeling rainy day. Drove in 43 degrees, with enough of a steady rain, had to use my windshield wipers the whole way. And it certainly rained in the overnight, as the roads were wet, with some good sized puddles in parts. Ugh. But quick enough, with the five cars in front of me entering the complex. But not one to the parking lot of my building, as we have 10 total, and many go to the ones further into the complex. Glad mine is second next to the main gate. Though the way they built the front entrance, is slippery, even when it’s dry. With my rain boots, slipped a little as I first go into that wide and longer to the doors. I usually go slow, as don’t want to fall.

But tea, water from the bottle, and relaxing with a fast booting up laptop. Always quiet in my office in this first hour. Mid morning in person meeting, and I think that is all for today. Probably will be driving home in the rain late this afternoon. Hope my day goes fast.

And yay, today is to enjoy a taco 🌮 or two. Taco Tuesday today, means a visit to Taco Bell or wherever you enjoy a taco today. Or like me, at least think of such. Errand late yesterday afternoon, is where I picked up a pack of nice looking ciabatta rolls and thin sliced steak, so I assume steak sandwiches for dinner tonight. I like when the beef cooks fast, as then you be eating that sandwich in a few minutes. I usually add cheese, as we all like a cheesesteak. But square rolls tonight.

Thus, back to that laptop and my tea. Hope you all have a most Terrific Taco Tuesday. And today means one day closer to Pumpkin’s travel day. Woot! Holiday laziness and fun coming for you soon.

Wow, that must really felt good, your 75 temp, Keisha. We were happy to see 64 and 65 these last two days. But rain coming tonight,
Oh, it did indeed! Today, supposed to be a repeat :banana: It’s a gift I tell ‘ya!

Going to drop back down to just a bit above normal. Anytime it’s in mid 40’s or higher this time of year I’m happy enough
Now you described what I would call Bread and Butter Pudding
I’m gonna change your mind;) well, maybe just give you “food” for thot

The breakfast casserole was not of a wet consistency. Uses a 4:1 ratio of egg to whole milk, comes out much firmer than normal french toast to point it has a crispy crust on the top vs most bread puddings I’ve had that usually can’t be salvaged with all the sauces in the world. I’m just not a fan of any sort of Mexican DeLuce anything, flan etc either, it’s just too cloying for my taste.

in my neck of the woods most bread puddings made from stale chunks of bread that is presented as a bit of a soppy mess. People seem to love it. :confused3

Have tried so many varieties, mostly to be polite when served to me as a guest. Yes, it’s delicious, no, thanks I’m stuffed; couldn’t eat another bite sort of thing.

I just never liked it…until my life changed after trying the Polynesian’s version served at O’hana, Kona and I believe the CS now to meet the demand.:worship: Faint coconut flavor which is fine by me vs the actual textured stuff. the bananas foster sauce (heavy on the rum) & ice cream just take it to the next level. Excuse me Whilest i drool ala Pavlov’s dog just thinking about it lol

How good is it? Disney got tired of people asking for secret and finally released the secret. The ohana “bread” instructions are also included below. It has an interesting prep process I haven’t used in the past. I’ve only made it at home a few times as so labor intensive

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...ere-making-disney-worlds-ohana-bread-pudding/

Now to go eat some Greek yogurt for breakfast, going to go hog wild and top it with a banana

Hehe, breakfast for champions, Keisha. Not a bread pudding fan either. And never like my French toast soggy. Mine are always not that.

Still raining. If I don’t get noise from birds landing on the outcrop over my window, the rain makes a ringing noise as those slats of metal. Sigh. Wet day for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter